• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Which characters can defeat Archie Sonic?

Scans? I hope the 1-A void stuff doesn't revolve around string theory soup. It should also be noted that Mario’s fate hax revalves around Peach.

If his revisions go through, then yeah. You can argue the same 5D stuff for Archie Sonic lol. Revisions about it were supposed to be made a while ago. God damn. Alot of characters have debatable tier 1 stuff... It's getting annoying
Absolutely no Mario expert but there's apparently some platonic stuff and there's also a dimensionless dimension in the verse so that'd lead to Low 1-A or 1-A. There's also stuff with infinite dream worlds creating infinite dream worlds and so on... I think. Mario's fatehax should scale above the Prognosticus (since he changed the fate written in it or smth) and I'm not sure if the fate hax in Super Paper Mario is reliant on Peach.

I am aware of the 5D stuff for Archie, that's why I asked whether Sonic resists, since he currently only has powernull resistance in base and I don't think that resistance scales to the entire cosmology.

Even DBS Goku has arguable 5D stuff so you have a point about it getting annoying.

A heads up; Platonic Stuff being 1-A is on the chopping block.

A heads up; Platonic Stuff being 1-A is on the chopping block.
Am aware (if you mean the thing you told me before about being beyond every extension of a concept that is), but I'm not aware how good the platonic reasoning for Mario is like at all, just that it exists.

Best guess is that it'll become dependant on the size of the verse. So technically due to that dimensionless dimension existing, platonic stuff in Mario would probably still be 1-A.

Also, "1-A cuz Plato" needs to die in a ditch while on fire. It's the most ridiculous wank I've seen yet.

Am aware (if you mean the thing you told me before about being beyond every extension of a concept that is), but I'm not aware how good the platonic reasoning for Mario is like at all, just that it exists.
TLDR: plato exists in mario and was called the truth by it's main opposition, the 1-A stuff was for the memes mostly

What the hell is this "platonic" stuff? I know my fair share about Mario, but I have no idea what this is. Being "dimensionless" shouldn't qualify for 1-A.

What the hell is this "platonic" stuff? I know my fair share about Mario, but I have no idea what this is. Being "dimensionless" shouldn't qualify for 1-A.
There was a joke of Mario being 1-A since in an EDU game, Plato's book, The Republic was in it. Thus, 1-A Mario was born

Absolutely no Mario expert but there's apparently some platonic stuff and there's also a dimensionless dimension in the verse so that'd lead to Low 1-A or 1-A. There's also stuff with infinite dream worlds creating infinite dream worlds and so on... I think. Mario's fatehax should scale above the Prognosticus (since he changed the fate written in it or smth) and I'm not sure if the fate hax in Super Paper Mario is reliant on Peach.
I've discussed the infinite dream worlds with someone who is a Mario expert, and he said it was bunk. Mario's cosmology is still countless 2-B though. Mario's fate hax relies on his wish to save Peach. Without it, he would have failed multiple times. That's kinda lame, but that's at Super Mario RPG implies.
I am aware of the 5D stuff for Archie, that's why I asked whether Sonic resists, since he currently only has powernull resistance in base and I don't think that resistance scales to the entire cosmology.
His hax is 5D regardless of wether or not his power is, so it would make sense for Super Sonic to be able to resist some 5D hax, but IDK if that applies to power null. If Goku tries to power null his Super speed, it should fail though, as Sonic can instantly restore it via rings, which are a by-product of the chaos emeralds.
Even DBS Goku has arguable 5D stuff so you have a point about it getting annoying.
I remember seeing that in an Amino post, in the same community that had a post about OUTERVERSAL BASE FORM SONIC. I disagree with both, but the ladder got me to question the very foundation of Sonic scaling as we know it. The power creep in the verse could be way more insane than everyone thought. Annoying might be an understatement. The deeper I get into VS debating, the more I realize how subjective it is. The tier of a character is entirely dependant on the standards you apply to them, and not one set of standards is objectively the best one, especially with our limited understanding of vague complex topics such as higher dimensions. You even said Kirby had 5D stuff! Would you mind explaining that one plz?

Well if the tiering system revised dimensionless and Plato then it’s probably pointless to bring it up here since talking about other wiki’s apparently isn’t allowed.

Mario's fate hax relies on his wish to save Peach
In SPM I think he has a second fatehax based on bypassing those books.
If Goku tries to power null his Super speed, it should fail though, as Sonic can instantly restore it via rings, which are a by-product of the chaos emeralds.
Goku would probably null his chaos energy and those rings’ best feat is restoring Base Sonic’ speed, not Super or Ultra Sonic.
I remember seeing that in an Amino post, in the same community that had a post about OUTERVERSAL BASE FORM SONIC
I mean this community has a post about Tier 0 Jay Garrick. That doesn’t mean the entire community buys it.

I’m neutral on it but I can see the reasoning for 5D Goku (in power) based on the Afterlife transcending dimensions.
Sigh, something about Galacta Knight coming from an extradimensional world and something about the worlds transcending time and dimensions.

On his VSBW profile? I don’t see it if so.

Anyways I thought it was a resistance as well but since it was changing fate rather than breaking out of it, it would count as fate hax rather than resistance.

On his VSBW profile? I don’t see it if so.

Anyways I thought it was a resistance as well but since it was changing fate rather than breaking out of it, it would count as fate hax rather than resistance.
dafuq, i remember him having it, hell there was a crt about it where it got passed

In SPM I think he has a second fatehax based on bypassing those books.
Isn't that text manipulation or something?
Goku would probably null his chaos energy and those rings’ best feat is restoring Base Sonic’ speed, not Super or Ultra Sonic.
Is his power null really that limitless? To power null the chaos emeralds, let alone the Super emaralds you'd need power null that goes far beyond the scale of the God damn chaos force as a whole. Sonic could restore his base form speed with only 3 rings. The rings are a by-product of the chaos emeralds, and at least a billion of them exist for every emerald. If just 3 of them can restore base Sonic's speed, 7 emeralds should be able to restore Super Sonic's speed, since emeralds just upscale so massively from rings and have 18 statements of having infinite power/energy. And again, Super Emeralds upscale even higher.
I mean this community has a post about Tier 0 Jay Garrick. That doesn’t mean the entire community buys it.

I’m neutral on it but I can see the reasoning for 5D Goku (in power) based on the Afterlife transcending dimensions.

Sigh, something about Galacta Knight coming from an extradimensional world and something about the worlds transcending time and dimensions.
I've seen WOG statements about Another Dimension in Kirby being above space and time, but nothing within that dimension ever implied it. The same goes for Dragon Ball's heaven. A simple statement without any evidence has to be considered a hyperbole. Both of these rhealms have statements like these because time works differently in them. Simple as that. Kirby's feat didn't even have anything to do with Galacta-Knight. Unless you're talking about something else I didn't know about?

Isn't that text manipulation or something?
He bypassed/altered the fate written in those books and I don't think it has anything to do with Peach.
Is his power null really that limitless? To power null the chaos emeralds, let alone the Super emaralds you'd need power null that goes far beyond the scale of the God damn chaos force as a whole
Not sure about it being beyond the chaos force but it stands to reason since it was probably erased by CCC. In each case the sword's OP power null comes from working on a guy who's the literal multiverse.
If just 3 of them can restore base Sonic's speed, 7 emeralds should be able to restore Super Sonic's speed, since emeralds just upscale so massively from rings and have 18 statements of having infinite power/energy.
You might have a point but keep in mind that immeasurable speed is uncountably infinitely faster than infinite speed.
A simple statement without any evidence has to be considered a hyperbole
Hyperboles are usually by characters overestimating themselves though, not a WoG. In Kirby's case it's also consistent.
Both of these rhealms have statements like these because time works differently in them. Simple as that. Kirby's feat didn't even have anything to do with Galacta-Knight. Unless you're talking about something else I didn't know about?
Proof of the statements being related to time working differently? (Also that might even back it up so don't really see your point here). I'm probably talking about something else if Galacta Knight isn't involved, though again, not an expert.

Did I just see 5D kirby wank and xeno goku beating archie sonic?
Welcome to my world, it's not wank since I get stomped by the guy arguing it, so unless you think you can do a better job... Then again infinite superiority proof for higher dimensions on VSBW remember? The reason I'm mentioning it is because I have no idea whether the statements fit the VSBW standards or not though (implying there is a chance that it does). As for Xeno Goku beating Archie Sonic... If Goku gets immeasurable speed then I'd be able to argue that here yeah (well until Archie Sonic becomes Low 1-C).

Oh did Lavos beat him now? Kinda sad lol, I remember Sonic beating Lavos the first time being one of the most epic moments in Archie Sonic debating history, especially since both had fatehax so it all came down to pure power and skill with a conceptual chaos control to top it off.

Oh did Lavos beat him now? Kinda sad lol, I remember Sonic beating Lavos the first time being one of the most epic moments in Archie Sonic debating history, especially since both had fatehax so it all came down to pure power and skill with a conceptual chaos control to top it off.
What changed exactly?, since I believe Lavos' profile has remained the same in terms of P&A (I'm aware he lost his low 1-C and 5-A ratings).

Either way the match will be removed if/when Lavos gets NEP type 2.

Back