• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wiki Audit Group: Explanation and Recruitment

Crzer07 said:
I could suggest more criteria that all information must come with scans/videos, calcs, expanded feats corresponding to the abilities and explanations that go into detail the nature of the character in relation to its powers, all with proper citations in the references and everything from the standard character page format. Though I do believe at least green should be a pass.
Speaking of this: maybe we should also add something like Featured Profiles to give it for impeccable profiles so our members may look at such excellent profiles and possibly try to make their own profiles that good themselves? That might also be used for newcomers who have to learn how to make quality profiles, and they could find the best profiles far easier than now. Many other wikis do have such a thing for a while.

^^^^

I fully support this idea. I'd rather not have profile standards dictated by those that are the most popular simply because of trends

@Gyro

You meant those ones listed on the Featured section of the navigation bar, right? They are just one of the most popular characters among everyone. My idea is closer to the following examples: [1] [2] [3] [4]

Ogurtsow said:
@Gyro

You meant those ones listed on the Featured section of the navigation bar, right? They are just one of the most popular characters among everyone. My idea is closer to the following examples: [1] [2] [3] [4]
Those are also extremely helpful as well.

They're also of high quality, and pages that new users are most likely to click on @Ogurtsow

It's decent and follows our editing rules well. Plus we could make an extra effort to make sure all the featured profiles are of very high quality, if they aren't already.

Yes, but that merely makes it worth keeping. Obviously there would be a problem with it existing if it didn't follow the rules.

Regardless, this should really be its own thing.

That's a good idea @Ogu. While we do have the standard format for character profiles, having examples of our most systematically organized profiles would obviously help users to reach for that level.

But it's better discussed in a thread of its own.

Currently we're dividing into groups. All Auditors are in the Discord save for one who we have had to opt to move on without. Once the division of groups is done we'll begin taking verses.

Every accepted auditor has been invited, and all of them have joined besides Eficiente.

As said earlier, we're planning on having an eternal public invite to let any users see (but not post) in all the channels. Even though we've only been organizing groups so far and not actually auditing verses, it should be fine to do now, but I'd like to get one last confirmation before I actually post it.

Anyone joining through that link isn't automatically an Auditor. This link allows you to join to watch over progress if you desire and if your expertise is needed on a verse you are particularly active on we may give you rights to speak in main chat.

Ogurtsow said:
Speaking of this: maybe we should also add something like Featured Profiles to give it for impeccable profiles so our members may look at such excellent profiles and possibly try to make their own profiles that good themselves? That might also be used for newcomers who have to learn how to make quality profiles, and they could find the best profiles far easier than now. Many other wikis do have such a thing for a while.
Now you may be on to something.

N Kardashev said:
This campaign will never be completed as new verses will always be popping up
Even if it's never officially completed, that doesn't undermine it's importance and utility.

Nothing ever gets completed, there is always going to be room for improvement. And we'll always work hard to improve it as long as we're all here.

Just to ask: if I am too late to join in any way?

(I have built some verse and profiles myself so I think I can at least keep my profile page works clean.)

We can consider you since we haven't fully started yet but I do think it's getting a bit close to Zero Hour to actually try to make new groups.

I agree that Ogurtsow likely came up with a good idea earlier.

Yeah, that does seem like an excellent idea.

I'd rather not post on the Discord #applications so I don't get in anyone's way, but I should ask, will the discord have a form of application or standard requirements later on down the line?

I'm fine with still taking in more applications and auditors - we can add more groups without much hassle.

The requirements would probably be the same as for the current auditors - we ship the names to Ant for comment and Bambu interviews if there's any uncertainty.

Agnaa said:
The requirements would probably be the same as for the current auditors - we ship the names to Ant for comment and Bambu interviews if there's any uncertainty.
Good to know.

Don't know if I can ask it there, but that "Applications" channel on the Discord keeps sending notifications even though it's empty.

Back