• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You know shockingly it appears that Naruto hasn't had any crossovers with Dies Irae, meaning DI hasn't been tainted by bad Naruto fanfiction writing
Maybe it's because DI is rather unknown in the west, but if it was known in the west.........
Imagine Marie and Mithra and Rusalka and Kei Sakurai and Beatrice in Naruto's god awful harem fanfics, the horror......

I am going to kill myself in the future when time travel is created to stop my past self from typing this out buuuuuuuut

Are there any crossover fics between Kirby and Naruto and if so, can I see one?

There was but it was largely unknown so I don't count it at all, especially since Naruto cannot compete with the moral complexity of The Cthulhu Mythos where the message of friendship and hope is destroyed by tier 0 cosmic nihilism

Speaking of an OP MC doing cool stuff, i was reading this fate fanfic in wattpad where the author made a crossover with RWBY.
See, it was a RWBY crossover, and the MC played the role of a jerkass. So when it came to foodfight scene, and a pie unwantedly slapped him on the face, HE PROCEEDED TO REWRITE THE DAMN LINE WHERE HE WAS SMACKED IN THE FACE WITH A PIE .
Plot manipulation at it's finest.
Check it out guys.

There was but it was largely unknown so I don't count it at all, especially since Naruto cannot compete with the moral complexity of The Cthulhu Mythos where the message of friendship and hope is destroyed by tier 0 cosmic nihilism
Nothing stops them from nerfing tho. Always solves problems. How else could Naruto be crossed over with Warhammer lol?

Speaking of backstories, oh boy people seem to really think that Naruto had a childhood so bad that it makes Guts' own childhood look tame when really aside from his parents Naruto is one of the least sympathetic protagonists I've seen in manga IMO and his childhood was pretty average
Ah yeah it seems like its common to make Naruto's backstory gridmark depressing but rather he was just ignored and was isolated by the world, he is not like Gaara who actually had serious emotional problems I mean these guys probably took Gaara's backstory and planted it into Naruto's backstory.

Also in Naruto there are people who suffered WAY worse aka Nagato, Kisame, Kakashi, Itachi, Zabuza, Sasori, Gaara, Sasuke, and many others but nah Naruto must get spot light because he was ignored and treated as a monster...even though there are Ninja's who actually was called Monster and they looked like ones and suffered in quite horrible manners.

Also because of the Naruto edgy gridmark backstory it allows the author's to randomly make Naruto a huge jackass for some reason and becomes entitled as well as snobbish which is ironic because he basically becomes Draco Malfoy/OoC version of Sasuke.

I seen Naruto x BlazBlue fanfics (As I said) and Naruto x Guilty Gear...

Why did Naruto have to have shitty crossovers with these two great games?

I also saw Okami x Naruto and it was an old one but saw a Fanfic where Sasuke was descended from Okami which makes sense because the ENITRE Uchiha Clan's abilities were references of Japanese Deities and they have a Shinto Shrine and everything...but nah it was deleted and instead the entire section was filled with obvious Naruto OP Harem stories...

I did read a fanfic where Naruto becomes Sam Fisher and becomes OP...he somehow sneaks up on people like the Third Hokage, Danzo, Pain, Itachi and even Obito...I mean...okay?

Yeah no that ain't happening
Fanfiction Authors
Youunderestimatemypower.jpg

BTW since we're talking about fanfiction which generally involves expanded stuff by people not part of the main canon, can I just say that my biggest issue with the EU Cthulhu Mythos is that there's no cosmic horror? Aside from the stupid ideas that Planck mentioned like Azathoth being blind and dumb and the like, a lot of these writers fail to actually display any sense of the cosmic nihilism brought forth by HP Lovecraft and instead opts for cliched horror. Now there are many examples of this, but one example I vividly remember is this story about a girl during WW2 who descends from Innsmouth and the story ACTUALLY attempts to make the residents sympathetic while the humans look bad

Yeah, EU Mythos just feels like reading a poorly written fantasy at times. Now, I'm OK with re-imaginings of public works as long as the quality is good but the EU actually seems to try to hard to seem scary.

There are no good guys in Shadow over Innsmouth. The author sounds like a preteen girl.

@Planck69 well it's suppose to be "commentary" on America's treatment of American Japanese citizens during WW2, which is not a bad thing to discuss but it's completely irrelevant in a universe where the fundamental aspect of it is humanity's insignificance in the universe.
Also they do realize that the Innsmouth folk worship an Eldritch god that demands sacrifice right? Because that doesn't sound sympathetic to me

Also let's not forget that the EU Cthulhu Mythos unintentionally gave us the wonderful masterpiece known as Demonbane, giving us such wonderful concepts like waifu Nyarlathotep and loli Al Azif which at times borderlined on being hentai. Not to mention the copious amounts of absurd statements which desperately try to make itself strong when it fails to understand even what it itself says

Well there are people who can legitimately replicate the same type of horror as Lovecraft, but my issue comes from people who ignore the cosmic, philosophical and psychological horror of Lovecraft and go for more generic and non scary horror

@Veloxt1r0kore yeah I'm aware of the likes of Abigail and Nyarlathotep being in Fate, but Fate has the added benefit of being a quality series where the author respects those he takes inspiration from. But quite a decent number of these EU stories and it borderlines to being cynicism IMO

Essentially it's people that are fueled by their own self interest, the story about Innsmouth which I mentioned above is an example of cynicism because instead of making something genuine terrifying or Lovecraft it's an attempt to fuel a political agenda using the cocktails of a famous dead author because his works are in the public domain

Back