• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah see that's the difference between the novel you read and fanfiction, the writers how to write human characters and not sex objects that have sentience and exist only to unironically stroke the MC's ego

Another thing. Sure, make your MC a god but at least give me well written scenes of ass-whooping. Spending 90% of the time talking about how strong thy are isn't even entertaining in the "turn off your brain" way.

EXACTLY, a lot of these godlike MC stories most of the time are dialogue with no action involved so what's the point of making your MC incredibly OP if we don't get to see it in action?

@OneBleachHurricane that's because these fanfics are actually erotic novels in disguise as action stories so that way fanfiction doesn't force them to classify them as ****. It would actually explain why the level of detail put into action scenes is the equivalent of elementary school kids duking it out on the school playground

Naruto: Has Rinnegan, Sharingan, Bijuu level chakra reserves etc.

Also Naruto: Throws kunai around and has to dodge genin level techniques....

Wattpad is 99% fanfic cringe and 1% actual good stories.

I once saw one where Goku for some freaking reason cheats on Chi-Chi with Bulma (before Raditz arriving to Earth).

The story continues with Goku being a womanizer and getting on a very strange harem.

And don't get me started with the "Goku falls on X verse" type of spanish fanfics or Goku x Vados/Caulifla/Kale/Marcarita/Cus/Pan/any other female character that existed in the verse and some other kind of s*** that messes up with the whole DB thematic as if it were some weird H.

and I've seen worse.

Plot my ass, there's a difference between trying to add conflict into the story and making Naruto/Jesus look weak against low level attacks when the dude's a literal freaking god
This was an actual summary (paraphrasing)

"A freak accident at Wave allows Naruto to unlock 9 bloodlines. Can he master his powers to save the world from the Akatsuki? Rinnegan! Sharingan! Wood Style! Boil Style! Lava Style! Ice Release! Metal Release! Byakugan! Blaze Style!. Not Godlike, will get beat up. Harem"

Wha- huh- how did- you know when you have 9 freaking bloodlines which include the Rinnegan, Wood Style and other styles that not everyone can use how the heck do you get beaten up by anyone short of Madara for all we know? This is the opposite of strong, this is pitifully weak

I dont mind OP characters unless they are given no personality or nothing is interesting about them beyond their OPness but regardless if you make an OP character at least have them do cool shit with it, even if they never struggle at least use the OP shit to make the one sided fights cool.

I dont mind OP characters unless they are given no personality or nothing is interesting about them beyond their OPness but regardless if you make an OP character at least have them do cool shit with it, even if they never struggle at least use the OP shit to make the one sided fights cool.
Here, here. If your writing is trash at least give me cool stuff.

Like, say, this fic where Naruto is the brother of the Sage of Six Paths. Only instead he can use every possible elemental release. The story is at least OK and he's really godlike but it entertains with how creative the Styles get. So I can at least get enjoyment out of him kicking people's teeth in even if I might not like the story.

This was an actual summary (paraphrasing)

"A freak accident at Wave allows Naruto to unlock 9 bloodlines. Can he master his powers to save the world from the Akatsuki? Rinnegan! Sharingan! Wood Style! Boil Style! Lava Style! Ice Release! Metal Release! Byakugan! Blaze Style!. Not Godlike, will get beat up. Harem"
Oh god I always hated those summaries since it always makes no sense, its like the millions of fan made images of the Six Paths of Sages looking like Naruto 100% of the time until the reveal that Naruto looks nothing like him. Also Naruto might be able to have Wood Style or Rinnegan since he is related to the Tsunade and the First Hokage (Not by reincarnation but because the First Hokage had a kid with Mito Uzumaki and then later their kid had a kid who became Kushina Uzumaki). The reason for Rinnegan is slimmer than Wood Style because its so rare that only now Madara, Nagato and Sasuke has it and THAT'S it! Also the Uzumaki Clan MAY be related to the Uchiha but its WAY distant and in fact they are more closer to the Senju Clan much more so sorry no Rinnegan, and Mangekyo Sharingan Naruto stories that can work.

So really all of those random ass bloodlines because of some "freak accident" which is probably Naruto getting stabbed, Sasuke mocking Naruto and then Naruto comes back and acts edgy and masters them all in one minute that's how 90% of these type of fics become.

Oh god I always hated those summaries since it always makes no sense, its like the millions of fan made images of the Six Paths of Sages looking like Naruto 100% of the time until the reveal that Naruto looks nothing like him. Also Naruto might be able to have Wood Style or Rinnegan since he is related to the Tsunade and the First Hokage (Not by reincarnation but because the First Hokage had a kid with Mito Uzumaki and then later their kid had a kid who became Kushina Uzumaki). The reason for Rinnegan is slimmer than Wood Style because its so rare that only now Madara, Nagato and Sasuke has it and THAT'S it! Also the Uzumaki Clan MAY be related to the Uchiha but its WAY distant and in fact they are more closer to the Senju Clan much more so sorry no Rinnegan, and Mangekyo Sharingan Naruto stories that can work.

So really all of those random ass bloodlines because of some "freak accident" which is probably Naruto getting stabbed, Sasuke mocking Naruto and then Naruto comes back and acts edgy and masters them all in one minute that's how 90% of these type of fics become.
Oh, Nagato's Rinnegan is actually Madara's. He gave that away when he died the first time. So it's only two people.

And yeah, it literally went down that way ad verbatim.

Remember when Sasuke almost died protecting Naruto from Haku's needles? It's like people forget that while Sasuke has a lot of flaws both as a kid and teenager, he wasn't a heartless monster either and he did care about his teammates to an extent
Not the Naruto fans who think Sasuke has Lex Luthor's ego and acts like Dudley Dursley and wants Naruto to have every single other franchise character's abilities and have every female part of his harem and bring out the most generic and repetitive bull crap on a daily basis.

See I think people fail to put it in their heads that Sasuke as a kid wasn't an edgy narcissist as a kid but just rather quiet and more of loner type who wanted revenge for his clan's near genocide.
Which is speaking of such, I find it funny that people think Naruto had a worse childhood then Sasuke when the dude was forced by his bro Itachi to see his family die for 72 HOURS

See I think people fail to put it in their heads that Sasuke as a kid wasn't an edgy narcissist as a kid but just rather quiet and more of loner type who wanted revenge for his clan's near genocide.
Which is speaking of such, I find it funny that people think Naruto had a worse childhood then Sasuke when the dude was forced by his bro Itachi to see his family die for 72 HOURS
I hate this honestly. Naruto is lonely and never even denied stuff like we see in fanfiction. Sasuke has extreme emotional and mental trauma on top of his loneliness. Yet, I'm somehow supposed to feel sorry for him? Sasuke doesn't even bully Naruto, this is just bull.

Ill never understand why people have to put down other characters for the sake of the one they like, Naruto and Sasuke both had very sad childhoods why turn it into a damn competition.

Because appreantly having characters sympathize with each other due to having similar struggles is not as easy to write as simply making Sasuke look like shit while Naruto gets all the glory

Speaking of backstories, oh boy people seem to really think that Naruto had a childhood so bad that it makes Guts' own childhood look tame when really aside from his parents Naruto is one of the least sympathetic protagonists I've seen in manga IMO and his childhood was pretty average

I can like protagonists with average childhoods. Shigeo Kageyama from Mob Psycho 100 case in point.

That said, a sad backstory shouldn't be an excuse to make a character a godlike jackass. Naruto acts like entitled to everything because of it, which is just sad.

My issue with Fanfic Naruto is that the thing's only redeeming quality according to fanfiction net is his "tragic backstory which we swear we didn't take from Berserk" and edge on par with fiction's most powerful weapon.
Speaking , how strong would Fanfic Naruto be on VBW?

Composite Fan Fic Naruto? Shit probably like 1-A since im sure theres cross overs with like Marvel and DC where he beats God tiers.

Back