• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref and his Time reversal

Zeref Dragneel

Okay, so the dude can reverse time after his mind has been destroyed. Now his time reversal was questioned couple of times on its limit, like can Zeref reverse time after automisation?

Now people have usually based it on the fact he was only vaporised in his verse and not automised, but the thing is, his abilty has 0 to do with Regenerationn so i am not sure if we can use the Regenerationn standards for his abilty.

So the main point is he used time reversal after his mind was destroyed, which in theory means that in order to stop his time reversal it's not enough to just atomise and similar, as that's still just destroying his mind , in theory it would be necessary to do something like existence erasure or something like soul destruction(or damaging enough his soul just like he was essential defeated) etc...

Thoughts.

I'll have to revisit this, but I agree that it isn't really regen so much as it is time reversal.

However, it's clearly limited, as Natsu was able to burn Zeref's soul enough that he wasn't able to recover.

In fact i thought the same since Zeref said his soul was burning that his limit would be there.

Though again Natsu also has power nullification so theoretically he burned his fairy heart and thus nulled his abilty.

Of course this wouldn't change the fact existence erasure and soul destruction would take him down.

@Blanked

Eh... I dunno about Power Nullification. I'll have to read the manga again.

I wouldn't exactly say that you need Soul Manipulation or Existence Erasure to overwrite his Time Reversal. But I do agree we need to find what he can and can't recover from with his Time Reversal.

The argument that he can survive being atomized seems to use a bit too much assumptions. While he was vaporized and came back via time reversal I don't see how he's gonna survive being atomized. His Time Reversal feat was never implied to come back from an atomic level.

@Knight the main point is this is not regenration. It's an abilty that he can use even if his mind is destroyed so being that vaporisation or automisation makes little diffrence.

Also, for now we will just wait for @Reppuzan. No need to hurry.

What's the level of damage that Zeref can reverse from? Can he regenerate from something that bypasses High or something?

Gargoyle One said:
What's the level of damage that Zeref can reverse from? Can he regenerate from something that bypasses High or something?
We don't know. All we know is that he won't die from decap which is mid. And we know that Mard implied that the "only" way to kill Zeref for him was through his existence erasure abilty.

But again i don't see why is regen important here.

Have a match in mind. If I find out his reversal can make him regenerate from nothing I have issues

I already have the hunch Will is gonna bring this up someday. Anyway, the highest damage Zeref has overcome was evaporation. But i don't see why he can't overcome atomic destruction with his consciousness still intact.

Actually the only way you can kill zeref is through having emotions as hot as fire and put it into your fest

Homu Sweet Homu said:
I already have the hunch Will is gonna bring this up someday. Anyway, the highest damage Zeref has overcome was evaporation. But i don't see why he can't overcome atomic destruction with his consciousness still intact.
Because he's never done it?

If we don't know, we can't make assumptions, both can kill with one respective move, it's who strikes first.

Of course we can make assumptions don't see a reason why not. Regenerationn has 0 to do with time reversal.

Regenerationn from automatisation would simple mean you can reconstruct your atoms, while Zeref doesn't reconstruct a single thing he simple reverses time and simple physical damage doesn't matter.

That said i would prefer this doesn't turn into a discussion that leads no where, we are gonna wait @Reppuzan and his words for the time being.

Personally i think that Zeref can undo any damage to himself via time reversal so long as his consciousness is in some way intact and he was still conscious after being vaporised due to his immortality despite his brain being destroyed.

Back