• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

0.5 Second Unconsciousness

@Ciruno

But it doesn't contradict anything in other verses. 0.5 refers to the gap between thinking to do something and doing it. You will be hard pressed to find a verse that doesn't have this. And please don't argue that people in Baki have a gap of 0.5 seconds because that is not true and proven to not be true.

It really isn't if its only used 3 times in two battles.

I don't care about if one of them is faster, this is the same as the issue with the 5 second Dio again that no one really minded. All it says is literally "In the book, N├©rretranders states that people are triggered half a second earlier than the brain orders to move. For example, a knife is flying towards some person. That person is triggered, but still unconscious. 0.5 second later the brain orders to move and the action comes. That means between when the person is triggered and when become conscious, the person is unconscious for 0.5 second and people can beat that person as much as they like for 0.5 second. It's almost an invisible moment, but Baki has achieved that skill."

This is an absolute statement. There's no "At most 0.5" or such. It has to be utterly specific just like Jojo's 5 second rule.

Also I can't even find a good reference post of where the feat happens on both the page here and the actual page on the Baki Wiki. Seriously, we need an actual citation of where this feat was even stated and shown

And once again!

The author, does not, caaaaare for calcs.

And having someone be punching at the speed faster than sound, could more than just imply that their character is too fast for said feat! I'm certainly not seeing any supersonic Biscuits flying around! The author's intent clearly matters. Authors can contradict their own things.

But again I'll request "Where is this page that explains that"? So I can see for myself just how it is.

Did you... listen to what I said? I literally quoted that....

I was asking for what chapter and what page did that happen...

Thank you!

>Clicks video

>Melting face

JESUS ALMIGHTY CHRIST

.... Having reached that point.... This is a speed blitz... He's just being faster than an opponent who has less reactions than him. This wasn't the exact quotation of the book I was expecting, but yeah.

And yes I looked at one of the videos (The one witg Ali vs Yujiro animated) but... this really is just a speed blitz. There's nothing more about it....

holy **** i just noticed the video opens in the exact timeframe of the melting face lol sorry for that

We know it's not just "my reaction time < yours" because Baki has done this with Yujiro who is better than him in any conceivable way

That's great and all, but I just proved without a shadow of a doubt that Baki characters have been reacting faster than 0.5 seconds since NGB, so the author is wrong and 0.5 works on MHS

Ugh my msg got deleted

@ KG

Got me a good laugh lol, happy it wasn't evening

Anyway requesting the scene in question with timestamp to a non melting face?

@ Baki

Yeah. I agree. I'm assuming NGB is a new series and you're comparing that Baki to a different age Baki

Ciruno Fortes said:
Ugh my msg got deleted
@ KG

@ Baki

Yeah. I agree. I'm assuming NGB is a new series and you're comparing that Baki to a different age Baki
tbh i don't really have it but it's somewhere in the last chapters of Baki: Son Of Ogre

Ciruno Fortes said:
Ugh my msg got deleted
@ KG

@ Baki

Ah, I believe some clarification is in order. The show progresses in seasons like this:

Grappler Baki, New Grappler Baki (NGB), Son of Ogre (SOO), and Baki Dou

So the point I was trying to make is that Baki learns 0.5 Seconds at the end of SOO, season 3. However, he has shown to be faster than 0.11 reaction speed since the end of NGB, season 2.

Firdt video has it end with a frozen stance.

Second vid timestamp has Baki cry... and then get caught in a hug

Still at work but are you sure you gave me the right vid? Where exactly are those?

Ciruno Fortes said:
Firdt video has it end with a frozen stance.
Second vid timestamp has Baki cry... and then get caught in a hug

Still at work but are you sure you gave me the right vid? Where exactly are those?
It's from 22:00 from the first vid to 6:00 to the other vid, as in everything in between those times is 0.5

Thanks for clarifying! Now that I'm done with a project I can actually check this out.

Having seen the scene itself now from 6:00 onwards...

It seems more like Baki managed to briefly blitz him while he was unaware. It's contradictory to assume that Yujiro needed 0.5 seconds of inaction prior to moving.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Reactions

Hypersonic perception: 0.00058-0.000294 seconds

Because that itself isn't really a martial art. All the explanation talks about "reading the opponent" but really it seems to be more predicting waht the enemy will do next. . It seems to be more taking the opportunity to attack an enemy before they can think, which is very similar to a speed blitz

If Yujiro needs 0.5 seconds of inaction, then his speed feats wouldn't exist on the first place.

It's said so matter of factedly here too .

Though the scale of everyone else saying it's only theorized... And the fact that it's never utilized anywhere else again... Only way I can see this without calc stacking (Aka upgrading this 0.5 second ability by using existing calcs) is if either

A - Yujiro was just caught off guard for that 0.5 second, and trounced Baki by not taking him lightly at that point. People can get surprised in fights after all by something they didn't expect. This ability sounds like it's just "Attacking too fast for the reflex to properly register". And it takes 0.5 seconds to register feats in Baki for most people, which contradicts the speed feat

B - 0.5 second only works on Baki verse. Kinda bad if you think about it

C - 0.5 second does work, but that means you're gonna have to nerf everyone's speed in Baki. Also having an attack that moves faster than the speed of sound doesn't always mean you can react to said speeds

It can't be A because Yujiro specifically states later on that the only work around for 0.5 are either to 0.5 the opponent's 0.5 or to out speed it. Despite Yujiro being faster AND knowing to expect it after the first time, reacting during 0.5 was never mentioned as a viable option, despite Yujiro clearly being faster

It can't be B because if it was truly 0.5 seconds, it wouldn't even work within Baki, let alone other verses, and we've clearly seen it work 3+ times in Baki on MHS characters

It can't be C because of all the evidence I posted earlier. If Ali can punch at 0.11 seconds and a young Yujiro can react to him, the second weakest version of Yujiro can react in 0.1 seconds casually, as he was able to easily dodge Ali's punches. If Ali Jr is faster, that means season 2 Baki can react to speeds faster than 0.1 seconds, as Baki was able to blitz Ali Jr's punch.

Option D: 0.5 is applicable to MHS and below or anyone during speed equalized because all the evidence points to the move being able to affect those with roughly 0.00058-0.000294 seconds reaction time

A - From what I'm seeing, Yujiro only states it works for 0.5 seconds and then he counters it. That's it. He never expected such an attack on the first place.

B - That's if Baki has beyond 0.5 seconds of reaction time. Meaning it contradicts Baki's speed or the idea that he's HS.

C - Or he couldn't use 0.5 seconds on him. Or that he didn't need to use 0.5 seconds, because it's never an ability you use on someone way way faster. And it working on Yujiro was a fluke or outlier out of all other events that happened.

TLDR - Then simply put, with everything A to C says, it's just an ability that doesn't work.

Either it's 0.5 seconds (As accurately as what the creator said) or it's not 0.5 seconds and thus an ability doesn't work (The creator is wrong)

Oh no not during that exchange, later. Yujiro uses it on Baki, and they basically try to spam it on each other, only for Yujiro to be like "well I'll just speed amp and hit you before you can attack during the 0.5 seconds window".

I've proved several times that it worked on MHS

Baki used it on Yujiro during their second 0.5 exchange, only to get it turned on him.

Just because the author is wrong in no way means it doesn't work. It work exactly like how we've seen it, just not how it's been explained by the author

Gotcha thanks mate.

I'm afraid that's byy scaling. Not on literally someone who can use lightning

It's one thing to prove the 0.5 can clearly work on people who scale to someone at high speed-

And to prove it works on someone who can literally move faster than lightning as a feat.

Author's intent matters.

Yeah. It works exactly like how 'we' see it. And from how I'm seeing it, it's not working. Risci and Cal agrees too. Idk, I'd like to see others share their thoughts on it. This feels so much like that subjective reality thing all over again and is such a forced weakness not just for other verses but for Baki itself.

You don't turn a weakness into an upgrade weapon

If Ali can punch at 0.1 seconds, and Yujiro can react to him, just with that, him nd everyone that scales to him is at least 0.1 seconds reaction speed, faster than 0.5

Author's intent doesn't matter if he's wrong, Dead of the Author fallacy

Everyone on this thread says it works fine, and the arguments against are contradicted so far

Up to 5:31, this is reminding me of the precog war between Gensai and Fang ngl, or that Weishen guy who got false precoged.

Huh. Yujiro literally explains it's a precog war and exact measurements for such a feat. This is really going against the feat itself. Narration, dialogue by everyone, and such. The existence of an anti-feat doesn't usually shut down a feat or upgrade for an ability, but this is too many anti-feats. It really really cements the fact that it has to be 0.5 seconds.

This is literally the seconds timeframe in Jojo which is even more pivotal in the fight's conclusion.

Same case in here. At best it's precog war at a very short timeframe so you could say Info Analysis feat.

Also, won't lie. This is hype. Though had to mute the guy.

Yeah, now that you mention it, Yujiro's description does kinda make it seem like precog or IA (seems a little more like precog imo, Yujiro has IA, but it's something completely different). I could bring this to the CRT page and ask about it (I'll link it here so it's easy to find)

Definitely, and sorry about the guy, his vids are just the quickest, easiest source

Nah it's cool, sources are still sources lol

Huh, well in that case you can probably add IA to Baki if he doesn't have it already since it should be easily in there if he pulls off the 0.5

No it's fine.

Typically thought you don't debate someone undergoing revisions.

But anyway... Looking into this video... This is less Precog, and really more like actual Instinctive Reaction with a hint of Analytical Prediction.

There's no 0.5 seconds where anyone is unable to move on this point and it's likely even Baki using that against that one enemy (Biscuit was it?) was just him blitzing.

I thought the conclusion between me and Baki was that

we remove the concept of "Yujiro can hit the enemy for 0.5 seconds"

But we treat 0.5 as a sort of (analytical prediction + instinctive reaction) or (limited precog).

But I might be wrong so I want to hear what's Baki18's thoughts is.

After speaking to some people about the mechanics of the move, there's really no other way to look at it than an attack during reaction. It only becomes something akin to limited precog if both fighters have it, hence the situation with Baki and Yujiro

You know... that's sounding like just being pragmatic and attacking while the enemy is acting. I find it doubtful it can actually be spammed again and again in that case.

Back