• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A FC/OC Brackets!

Welcome to the new brackets, as the last one didn't do well. Hopefully, this one as it has a more popular tier will receive more attention than the previous ones. For those newcomers, they will say "What's a bracket"? Well, it's simple. It's a tournament between various characters, also done in the main wiki VS Battles wiki. The gimnick is that it allows them to have results added to their profiles, making them gain attention and interest through this event

The respective tier of these brackets are 8-A, or Multi-City Block level. No character can defy that tier, or it will be disqualified.

The Rules
As every tournament, there are some simple, yet essential rules every character needs to follow.

The total number of characters allowed in this tourney are 12. I may increase that number if the conditions are optimal. One may input at max 2 at the time.

• No characters that defy the 8-A in some or another. This means that you can not submit, for example, a 7-B character to this tourney. It is very obvious, but worth noting. Glass cannons are accepted, but not recommended.
  • No characters that have high levels of unfair/smurf hax. With this i mean, as for an example, 2-B soul hax, one-shot durability negation, reality warping, quantum manipulation, among other things are not allowed. Some hax may be restricted, like one or two, but only if the character is not that haxxy. I will not restrict half a powerlist, better selecting another one rather than that
  • Characters that have fairly understandable profiles and formatting are incredibly welcome. With this i don't mean you have to put a main-page deserving profile in here, just that you need follow the rules, have good formatting and understandable grammar, and that would be it. You can have examples of good profiles such as SOLSTICE or Linx Rifelso if you want to follow a formatting or are new.
  • One entry per verse. You can't have two characters of the same verse here, even if they are both submitted by the same user.
Our Fighters

You can also put a "reservation" in a spot if you have an unfinished character you're willing to submit or are currently developing one. Keep in mind, you need to finish it prior to starting the tournament, or i will just remove it from the list.

This will be done on challonge, a platform that is specially for these kind of things. This will show the results and upcoming matches.

With that said, good luck to our challengers, and good luck to you for choosing the character willing to deserve the number 1 spot!

problem, after round two, theres a 3 way match, there won't be any 1v1s after round one at all, how's this gonna work?

Promestein said:
Is an in-character Iris acceptable?
I read through it, and actually most of her hax is acceptable. I may restrict some of the curses attacks, though. What differentiates an in-character Iris from a willing to kill one?

Smashtwig said:
problem, after round two, theres a 3 way match, there won't be any 1v1s after round one at all, how's this gonna work?
What do you mean? The first tournament was also done on challonge and had 12 characters. It looked fine and the matches did too.

She's reluctant to use nasty, lethal curses.

well, Izrel, Sigurd, Undead Lord, and Ergo had to skip round one, which kind of gives em a easy fribee compared to the others like poor Raijin and Zephyr.

If for some reason you wanna balance this out here's what I suggest: Not only do the fribee ones have to fight the victor of the first round, they would have to fight the loser of the first round as well to stay in tourney, so they have to fight an equal amount to the ones who don't get a fribee

Smashtwig said:
well, Izrel, Sigurd, Undead Lord, and Ergo had to skip round one, which kind of gives em a easy fribee compared to the others like poor Raijin and Zephyr.
If for some reason you wanna balance this out here's what I suggest: Not only do the fribee ones have to fight the victor of the first round, they would have to fight the loser of the first round as well to stay in tourney, so they have to fight an equal amount to the ones who don't get a fribee
VS Battles tournaments do that too. There's always fribees between rounds. There's no need to worry for unbalance.

His power null is "you can't do anything because you have no moves per turn now" and losing the last attack used every turn while Golden Castle of Stromburg is active

the power absorption is from Envious Thief Hoon, who steals an ability on attack

Hl3 or bust said:
His power null is "you can't do anything because you have no moves per turn now" and losing the last attack used every turn while Golden Castle of Stromburg is active
the power absorption is from Envious Thief Hoon, who steals an ability on attack
Absorption seems fine, null seems borderline busted. I'll add him with maybe a restriction on the three.

Note that is the max number i can restrict, so he is fine for now. Like Iris, i'll look deeper through him if i find anything unfair.

but like in Yugioh, it seems like he has the same rules applied to him as well, so he still needs to follow his own rules.

So if i understand things well, his null just says "I cancel your turn, it's mine now!" like if a cards game it was?

If it's that, i will delete that restriction.

essentially yeah, if he really is based of YuGiOh in a way (he has Pande and Gold Castle field spells, 7 Egyptian God Cards, Monster Cards, and Equip Spell cards, along with the Heart of the Cards), then he can only attack so many times (typically one attack per monster), BUT he can still use his spell cards as much as he wants before or after attacking. He'll have to wait as his opponent's do the same, so Speed Amps and passive stuff can be used as much as they want, but they can only attack once or so. (I'm disappointed that there is no Mirror Force, shame)

Smashtwig said:
essentially yeah, if he really is based of YuGiOh in a way (he has Pande and Gold Castle field spells, 7 Egyptian God Cards, Monster Cards, and Equip Spell cards, along with the Heart of the Cards), then he can only attack so many times (typically one attack per monster), BUT he can still use his spell cards as much as he wants before or after attacking. He'll have to wait as his opponent's do the same, so Speed Amps and passive stuff can be used as much as they want, but they can only attack once or so. (I'm disappointed that there is no Mirror Force, shame)
Yeah, he is like a yugioh dude. It'll be interesting for him to fight other regular guys in a way.

funny thing is that ORW characters love YuGiOh, so they'd probs take a deck and duel disk along with them (one of them is an actual duelist too, but she's not complete yet). Speaking of, I may or may not be submitting Ethan Xavier (OmniRealm Warriors) for both tournies, unless you allow a reservation for one of my incomplete chars

Smashtwig said:
funny thing is that ORW characters love YuGiOh, so they'd probs take a deck and duel disk along with them (one of them is an actual duelist too, but she's not complete yet). Speaking of, I may or may not be submitting Ethan Xavier (OmniRealm Warriors) for both tournies, unless you allow a reservation for one of my incomplete chars
You can submit Ethan or reserve a spot. Like i said on the thread, reservation is also for that use. Either are fine.

my guy he don't got a duel disk, nor trap cards, no one will notice...

also the Harvest Equip Spell worries me

Argo (SAO:TTRPG)

To address dura outright, it is possible for a 8-A to do good damage and inevitably kill her. It's mostly that she can survive things that would usually oneshot someone, and, she can go for awhile against someone on her level. But, if she's hit too much, good game.

Actually

The Fallen Elf Generals would be quite better for this tourney

They have less HP, but they also have every sword skill ever at their disposal and a bit of combat experience, making them a bit more versatile. Not to mention, it's a double team.

Is Charles good for this as for the most part his special weapons ahve their weaknesses with his Rifle while being powerful its stupid high in recoil for a bolt action , it only having 5 round of ammo that are firing out slow making them easily aviodble and needs very good aim in which Charles does not have with anything above Pistol while making impracticle but it can be Restricted along with hie Blade.

Too much Hax I'd think, Regen is much too high.

Not to mention, just collapsing the Empire State building isn't 8-A. If they scale to someone who tanked it's collapse, I think it may be higher. If they didn't, a more fitting estimate would be High 8-C.

Fair enough as I was back and forth with it backat times and just continued to roll with due me not really wanting didn't want to change it at that point

As for Regen it has it weaknesses in being that starts being unreailble if inflicted severe damage or trama to the body and is longer and longer in time it takes to heal fully.

Back