• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Cosmic Fear startle a Man of Steel?

I do disagree here though. He couldn't do this at all on his own and needed to copy Saitama. I'm not seeing him naturally replicating this ability.
SBA wouldn't restrict it. And he would already have it in his arsenal since that thread got it approved for his profile.

Anyway it doesn't really matter, Garou wins either way. Unless someone has a different argument for Superman that isn't super specific involving OOC techniques.

And he would already have it in his arsenal since that thread got it approved for his profile.
It got conditionally approved with a note saying the OP needed to specify. It wasn't approved outright.

Unless someone has a different argument for Superman that isn't super specific involving OOC techniques
Lile I said his only win condition is moving the fight to the Sun, which isn't unreasonable but might be hard to pull off consistently.

So like 7/10 Garou imo.

Lile I said his only win condition is moving the fight to the Sun, which isn't unreasonable but might be hard to pull off consistently.
He can't even do that. Garou can just portal them away or destroy the sun.

Garou can just portal them away
He can portal himself away, but to teleport Superman he would need to knock him into a portal (which has limitations on its range to Garou's sight) or have Superman fall into a portal which probably isn't possible considering he can fly.

How much of an amp would that be? Garou could possibly just copy it.
Superman goes to 3-A to 2-C with a single sun amping him. Which is why Garou can't keep up. Either he's overwhelmed due to Superman's expantional power growth or gets out-Tiered.

destroy the sun.
Ngl blowing up the Sun does nothing. Not only would Garou have to figure out thar Superman gets his powers from it, but considering the speed increase here Superman can always just move the fight to another star.

How much of an amp would that be? Garou could possibly just copy it.
2-C iirc, of course that's restricted but it should tell you just how much of an amp it'd give him. But as Qaws said, it's unlikely they'd travel to that type of star.

That's the problem with a lot of these "At peak" ratings.

He can portal himself away, but to teleport Superman he would need to knock him into a portal (which has limitations on its range to Garou's sight) or have Superman fall into a portal which probably isn't possible considering he can fly.
I mean either way he'd be able to escape a sun battle. But anyway if Superman is carrying him then Garou could make him fly into a portal by simply opening it right in the direction he's flying.

Superman goes to 3-A to 2-C with a single sun amping him. Which is why Garou can't keep up. Either he's overwhelmed due to Superman's expantional power growth or gets out-Tiered.
Well then that'd work but probably unlikely.

Speed equalized? Garou has many wincons

he can just behead Superman using one of his portals on Super’s head…

Superman can’t even go hand to hand for long here, Garou will just destroy his body from the inside out

Sorry, I've been distracted as of late.
Can someone compile the recent arguments for Garou? I know it's starting to become an agreed consensus that he wins this, but I would like to make it more of a debate.

Sorry, I've been distracted as of late.
Can someone compile the recent arguments for Garou? I know it's starting to become an agreed consensus that he wins this, but I would like to make it more of a debate.
So to go into more fan fiction battle territory basically it goes like this in my mind since this is Garou as he was right before the Io sneeze:
All in all while Superman has solid win conditions it comes down to what is more likely to happen. Superman has moved fights to the Sun before when he knew that he would need that advantage (against Darkseid, Doomsday, Cythonia, Brainiac 13, etc), but he has to do that before Garou copies his lifting strength and makes changing the battlefield significantly harder.

So Superman has a few win conditions, but I'm not entirely sure if they're more achievable than Garou's. Who's basically just getting over his CIS and then outstatting Superman, vs Superman having to move the battlefield to the Sun.

After thinking on it I'm not sure. Bloodlusted its Garou because he would instantly skip to the last phase, but in-character he may give Superman to much time.

So idk, I'll be a contrarian and say Superman.
But anyway if Superman is carrying him then Garou could make him fly into a portal by simply opening it right in the direction he's flying.
Superman's reaction speed is still something in the nanosecond-femtosecond range. Considering he can alter his course instantly without losing speed I don't think this would be major issue.

Though you are right that it is a way to counter such a rush.

Speed is supposed to be equalized according to the OP. Reactions get equalized as well.
The reactions I gave were for the speed equalization. Superman without equalization has like, Attosecond reactions considering statements and what he scales to.

The reactions I gave were for the speed equalization. Superman without equalization has like, Attosecond reactions considering statements and what he scales to.
How'd you even arrive at that value, though? From the page I don't see any separations for Superman's combat and reaction speeds.

Also, isn't an attosecond reaction time less times FTL than what he scales to in combat speed?

I'm confused.

So to go into more fan fiction battle territory basically it goes like this in my mind since this is Garou as he was right before the Io sneeze:
All in all while Superman has solid win conditions it comes down to what is more likely to happen. Superman has moved fights to the Sun before when he knew that he would need that advantage (against Darkseid, Doomsday, Cythonia, Brainiac 13, etc), but he has to do that before Garou copies his lifting strength and makes changing the battlefield significantly harder.
While I appreciate the effort you put into this, I think you have to consider this isn't base Awakened Garou. This is his peak, parallel timeline, after copying Saitama. His first moves aren't going to be the same as his base form.

Once he fought Blast and copied his abilities his move set turned into portal spamming martial arts. And then he started just insta-copying Saitama.

How'd you even arrive at that value, though?
His canon stated reactions:
Also, isn't an attosecond reaction time less times FTL than what he scales to in combat speed?
You're right, I was thinking of greater levels of time dilation.
Once he fought Blast and copied his abilities his move set turned into portal spamming martial arts. And then he started just insta-copying Saitama.
That's my point. His go to actions were to copy techniques and then the person if it wasn't enough. For Saitama he had an entire fight with him before he went to copying, because he wanted to show his martial skill. I don't see why his character would change here, because the situation is basically the same. They're of comparable power and Garou's martial arts would actually be effective here, which would push out the need for copying in my view.

I also don't really agree with the pressure point thing. Garou has fought Bang, who is the one who taught him WSRSF, which is where he even gets his pressure point techniques from. If he wasn't affected by that I don't think he'll be affected by Superman's stuff.

Garou has fought Bang, who is the one who taught him WSRSF, which is where he even gets his pressure point techniques from.
While he has fought Bang, the WSRSF doesn't have the same showings that Superman's pressure points do, where they completely shut down muscles and disables the usage of body parts. They just use vital area to inflict greater amounts of damage.

His canon stated reactions:

You're right, I was thinking of greater levels of time dilation.

That's my point. His go to actions were to copy techniques and then the person if it wasn't enough. For Saitama he had an entire fight with him before he went to copying, because he wanted to show his martial skill. I don't see why his character would change here, because the situation is basically the same. They're of comparable power and Garou's martial arts would actually be effective here, which would push out the need for copying in my view.
Again, Supes can open portals too. He can open a portal to the sun, and he has resistance to BFR.
Supes can move the fight to the sun by opening a portal to it, which would be easy enough. And since Garou doesn't know Supes gets stronger in the sun, he would have no problem with the fight moving to space.

And since Garou doesn't know Supes gets stronger in the sun, he would have no problem with the fight moving to space.
Actually he would. Garou can't freely fly around. If there's a reason he'd move the fight, it would be because of that. Along with not wanting to be carried in general. Doubt he'd appreciate that.

So, I see a lot of power-cliffing arguments for both sides. So I'm going to ask.
Which is better? Garou's AD or Supermans sun exposure?

Nah man because Saitama and Garou are limitless because they broke their "limiters"

They can grow indefinitely and get to tier 1 because of this GG.
That's very clearly not what I was arguing. I explicitly said infinity is beyond their reach.

Anyway, Garou's AD is very clearly better unless Superman gets sun amps.

Which is better? Garou's AD or Supermans sun exposure?
Garou's AD in his forms are:
  • Half Monster: 1.9832e+12 Joules -> 4.184e+17 joules (210,972x) (Took a couple hours / half day)
  • Post-DS: 4.184e+17 joules -> 2.37651195e+28 Joules (56,799,998,804x) (Happened within an hour or two at most)
  • CF Garou: 18.5x accepted as his upscale value (his AD can't seemingly cover the gap between 4-C/4-B to 4-A which is a 616 Quadrillion to 70 Trillion) (happened in one fight)
Superman's sun exposure is
  • Light exposure -> 6x (overpowered 6 people who scale to him and two shot a character normally stronger)
  • Long exposure -> 5.7e+66 Joules -> 2.825e+92 Joules (49.5 Septillion) (Took a few minutes)
So no Sun, obviously Garou.

With a Sun its Superman by a longshot.

I feel like people understimate Garou's portal spam for no reason, he will be attacking from different directions and blind spots the whole time not to mention he has like several dura neg techniques + an actual slashing damage technique with the WICF so unless Superman can regenerate lost limbs or decapitation he will have a pretty hard time...

Back