• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if I remember correctly, Assaltwaffle had better arguments than I did about the black hole, so I am more open for classifying it as such now.

Still, my memory is pretty bad, due to handling such a massive amount of tasks.

I'll try to compile the arguments for and against I found in that thread. Credit to Matt and Ant for most of the points.

Arguments FOR

- It is very much a legit black hole.

• Extreme energy generating a mass of gravity
  • Light can't escape it
  • Special Beam Cannon bends when fired because of the black hole's gravity
wishing for black holes to be 100% identical to real life science is hilarious and puts ridiculous pressures on fictional settings. You're basically going to say that a black hole is false everytime it doesn't act like you want it to act: I.e, being 100% destructive and nothing can resist it.

- The DBS Black Hole has a lot of real life properties. People just tend to say that Black Holes in fiction "Don't behave at all like black holes" every time there's a black hole feat automatically.

Ever thoughts that in real life black Holes destroy everything because nothing has the durability to resist them? Or resistance to matter manipulation.

As for being unquantifiable, you can literally calculate the energy necessary to create a Black Hole, and to make a Black Hole collapse (And thus, to survive the collapsing if you are inside the black hole. This points at Black Holes being very much quantifiable.

- The Author clearly intended it to be a black hole. Wishing for black holes to be 100% identical to real life science is quite frankly absurd.

Black hole proof
Blackhole 2
Blackhole 3
Blackhole 4

Arguments AGAINST

- It looked like a heart

- It did not suck Goku, 18, and 17 towards it, but rather increased gravity outwards from itself. A black hole sucks in matter towards itself to destroy it in a singularity. It does not increase gravity in another direction

- The Schwarzschild radius can be used for calculating the creation of legitimate black holes, but they do not collapse in this manner in the real world. The singularity simply destroys everything."

This is what I got so far, there are probably more arguments for both sides but that's what I found in that thread lol

Extreme energy generating a mass of gravity

This is doesn't prove that it's a black hole, just that it's mass-energy.

Light can't escape it

Ok.

Special Beam Cannon bends when fired because of the black hole's gravity

Ok.

The Author clearly intended it to be a black hole. Wishing for black holes to be 100% identical to real life science is quite frankly absurd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author

Also if it doesn't actually suck things towards the singularity, not only it isn't a black hole, but resisting the pull can't be calculated as if it was one either

Well, given the uncertainty regarding the issue, perhaps the characters should remain at unknown lifting strength then?

However, it is probably best to ask Assaltwaffle to reply first.

Honestly we have denied more legit back holes before. This one is heart-shaped, is made of some kind of grey material and isn't just a pit of nothingness, lacks an event horizon, and can be destroyed.

I'm actually against it.

A black hole with a 1mm radius has 11% the mass of Earth, which would cause a very noticable change in gravity on the Earth and even affecting the moon.

According to the calc, the radius of the heart was 16 METERS, that stage and everyone in it should've been obliterated instantly.

Then again, kachi katchin is stronger than the regular variant which has star/solar system level durability.

Okay. Never mind. The characters should probably retain unknown lifting strengths then.

Plus, the "black hole" didn't pull anything from the stage toward it besides a ki blast, it just sank through the stage like a heavy weight. Even Tupper could do that.

Okay. Should we close this thread then?

Maybe we can use the "possibly" prefix here. Although it functions almost nothing like a black hole, it does have some things going for it.

Well since there is evidence for and against the notion, I can see a "possibly" being used. And I mean it isn't like Pre Stellar lifting strength should be too ridiculous anyway for these characters, so idk.

I have a question:

Real or not, it was stated that its gravity was such that even light cannot escape it. Can't that gravity be used to calculate the weight of their own bodies they were lifting?

Weight of a character = Mass of the character x Gravity

I didn't quite understand what you were trying to say.

Yeah, but we use kilograms. Kilograms are measure of mass, not weight, so we can't multiply by gravity to get weight to measure in kilograms when kilograms are only a measure of mass.

Even if we do treat it as a real black hole (Which is honestly too generous) it's not pre-stellar, that would be the lifting strenght if someone lifted the black hole.

Resisting the pull is immensely easier

Humans don't have Class Z lifting strenght because they can withstand Eart's gravity do they?

Okay. The issue seems to have been settled then. Thanks to everybody who helped out with evaluating this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back