• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Broly SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZERO7772 said:
It's funny seeing you change your opinion after fighting to prove UI > Beerus for so long.
You dont know how much i want to be proven wrong tho. I honestly want to believe that goku and jiren surpassed beerus, but when a much stronger character is stated to be just possibly beyond beerus, the first in canon, then we need to make alot of assumptions to try to justify the other.

Peter1129 said:
Wouldn't the movie just follow the movie continuity rather than the anime or manga continuity?
Yes it would. Anime and manga are two separate things.

Unless of course, there's no anime adaptation.

The movie takes place after the Tournament of Power and it's clearly continuing the Dragon Ball Super Anime. But it also incorporates stuff from the manga. So it's clear that in either continuity Broly is what comes after the Tournament of Power.

Honestly what I see happening is the movie being used as a launching point for a new anime which will take place after it. And Toyotaro's kusomanga making his own version of the Broly Arc.

@Matthew I think they are probably going to readapt the Broly Arc when the new dragon ball anime comes out. I remember there being an article saying something about the Broly movie cutting out some of stuff from Toriyama's original script because it was too long for a movie. So they'll probably adapt the original version when the new anime comes out.

Also was it necessary to add shit in front of Toyotaro's manga? I mean it's bad but it's not that bad.

"Gogeta then goes SSJ and as they clash, their power is so great that they end up transporting themselves into another dimension (which looks kind of like a mirror room filled with tons of differently colored layers). As the two fight each other they shatter (literally) several of these planes and Broly is soon forced to enter his SSJ Full Power state (LSSJ), which prompts Gogeta to go SSB as well. They continue trashing the dimensions by breaking them until they finally return back to Earth"

2-C imminent hmmm

Just to add guys we've also got a Light Novel of this movie coming out in December. Might be a long shot but potentially we could get further context regarding events in the film from that narrative.

Ovrhide said:
ZERO7772 said:
It's funny seeing you change your opinion after fighting to prove UI > Beerus for so long.
You dont know how much i want to be proven wrong tho. I honestly want to believe that goku and jiren surpassed beerus, but when a much stronger character is stated to be just possibly beyond beerus, the first in canon, then we need to make alot of assumptions to try to justify the other.
Broly isn't the first character to be stated to be maybe stronger than Beerus, Vegito in the manga was said by Shin to be possibly stronger than Beerus, and Goku has just as much an idea on Beerus' full strength as Shin does and could be vastly overestimating Beerus strength in Goku's case or underestimating in Shin's case. Also Jiren is noted in some promotional material to be the strongest foe in Dragon Ball history at the time the statement came out, that includes Beerus. I don't really see a conflict between the idea that Broly can be stronger than Beerus and Jiren while MUI Goku and Jiren can also be stronger than Beerus based off of one statement from Goku that doesn't make any implication to the power levels of MUI Goku or Jiren.

No problem Delta, I had never seen that piece being used as evidence before on this wiki.

So... How will we do the profile for Movie Broly , if we assume it follows this mixed continuity of manga and movie ? Inb4 he ends up being 2-C and Anime Broly being Low 2-C.

Would Frieza be upgraded to Low 2-C for fighting a bloodthirsted Broly for over an hour, solo? When SSB Goku and Vegeta could only last a few minutes going all out against him?

Would it also be possible for this dimensional feat to become 2-B depending on the context? the mainline series reaching that tier would be pretty awesome.

If 2-C SSJ Blue Gogeta, SSJ FP Broly, Whis etc are possible, would that mean Beerus would also become 2-C since apparently Goku tells Broly he "Might" be stronger then Beerus? XD

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2018/03/1...y-staff-visual-release-date-toriyama-comment/

I don't know why people were debating the Movie's Canon when Toriyama said it's a continuation of the anime in the official website of the movie.

"The Dragon Ball Super movie this time will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV. It will be an episode after catching our breath from the climax of the Tournament of Power with the universe's existence on the line; with content that will give a little better understanding about Freeza and the Saiyans, which I hadn't properly depicted up till now; and leading to a mighty foe saved for the occasion, which I think has it shaping up to be a really enjoyable story."
- Akira Toriyama

So the Broly movie is Anime Canon. End of story.

@Matthew

I thought the canoncity was heavily leaning towards Anime... But now we have direct confirmation of such.... So we shouldn't be having said conversation.

I know Jiren is supposed to be weaker, but Broly being on a whole different level in comparison ? I didn't think he was *that* much weaker. That is why I asked for your perspective on the matter.

I see. Stronger via feats.

The fact they needed fusion says a lot about how OP Broly's Restricted SSJ is , as it implies ( even further by confirmation it's a continuation of the anime ) that Post-ToP SSBKKx20 Goku and SSBE Vegeta working together couldn't do crap to Broly . Makes you wonder what would've happened if he got a God Form later on in DBS . RIP everyone .

That's debatably the most ambitious statement I've ever heard... Though SSJ4 fits rather well with his berserker rage and relations to the Oozaru transformation in his Ikari form. That would be interesting to say the least... Not a bad idea.

I mean they made Broly, Gogeta, and the LSS form (though they changed the name) canon. And there was the whole rumor with Cooler as well as the passing mention of Tarble. SS4 becoming canon is a possibility now and I hope it does.

Yes, the movie is canon to the anime and it will remain that way until the anime retells the story.

It is also confiirmed that the manga is having a new Broly saga after the ToP events. So that will be manga's own continuity.

I was certain that they were gonna retcon Beerus' strength again since they never made a comparison between him and UI Goku in the anime. All that was said was "Jiren is on GoD level and perhaps even surpass it. It appears even Belmod can't beat him."

Anyway, if Broly and Gogeta get a 2-C feat, it will also be backed up by Beerus vs Champa destroying 2 universes.

Destroying 2 universes is 2-C, but they were together while doing it so each one is not straight up 2-C. But for two Low 2-C characters to perform a 2-C feat, they gotta be very high level of Low 2-C, possibly in the immediate vicinity of 2-C.

The supposed "2-C" feat was done by SSJ Gogeta and SSJ Broly before they go full power. Not far scratch to say they are 2-C each at their peak.

The question is will this scale to Beerus tho? And if we scale Beerus does this means we scale backward all the GoD tier character?

This dimension feat has to show that the dimensions are actually universal size otherwise it's just gonna be unquantifiable.

Hoping it's universe sized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back