• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roshi chopped at Jiren. Jiren bothered to block it instead of just standing still. Jiren should literally be capable of blinking Roshi's life away when he's suppressed. It doesn't matter if the fight had a purpose for plot development. It's as bad as a character acting out of character— acting in a way that isn't at all typical for them— for the sake of plot progression. It would be as if Sigma from Megaman X let X live when he could kill him easily.

That has happened before. And it's bad writing. It doesn't matter if the attack almost grazed him and THAT almost killed him. The point is, Roshi shouldn't have been able to dodge more than one of Jiren's attacks.

Well I just read the chapter in chinese. So Roshi was only barely dodging Jiren's attacks. And Whis said that the principles of what Roshi did is similar to Ultra Instinct but's it's still far inferior compared to it.

It's bad writing no one to point out DBS has bad writing. all we are saying don't look too deep into it. it's the same back when Krillin can push back SSB somehow.

The fact that Jiren doesn't bother to block or deflect any of Goku's Blasts, but actually bothers to put his hand up against Roshi? This is what i'm talking about.

Whis says Goku is pretty much forcibly increasing his power in a short period of time without caring for his body. Tien follows up and says so it's the similar to the Kaioken. Krillin pretty much then says "At this point is he still going to use the Kaioken, is it even useful anymore."

My heart. My headcanon that tries to bring the continuities together...!

If it was the Kaioken, it means using Kaioken in Blue would require mastery of blueeee!!! Ugh.

Why not the actual thingggggg? Uhh. Eh. Seems cool though. Even if it does make the Kaioken less special.

So Goku was using MSSB+KK and still got stomped. Seems Jiren Manga is just as OP as anime Jiren lol.

Roshi has permanent white beard, which means he has permanent UI just like the angels.

On top of that he has Calvo form. Migatte No Roshi Calvo is the ningen stronger than the angels.

AKM sama said:
Roshi has permanent white beard, which means he has permanent UI just like the angels.

On top of that he has Calvo form. Migatte No Roshi Calvo is the ningen stronger than the angels.
Too bad the anime didn't get to Migatte No Roshi Calvo 100% vs El Shaggymano, the fusion of Shaggy and El Hermano in Blanco form

So, I need votes. Is it a bad thing or a good thing that Roshi can perform the technique because isn't the technique suppose to be capable of being used by anyone? I mean it's not a transformation specific to saiyans or Gods.

Well, I don't think Roshi can ACTUALLY do it. If he could, it wouldn't be a bad thing if he earned it somehow. My thing is, characters should be limited by what is realistic for their story.

Roshi could get UI. But it would have to be a huge list of things he would have to do to get it. Rather, a long amount of time.

For humans (Z-Fighters) to be able to scale to Base Goku as of BoG, what needs to happen is something along these lines;

1. Intense Training, with a God/Angel, for 1,000 years or something like that. Like, Whis or Vados or whoever would have to be able to manipulate their lifespans and grant them longevity— as well as do some crazy shit like the Filler before the fight with the Saiyans— where characters had been warped to different times and fighting really strong beings throughout history in life or death matches. Basically, Whis has to constantly almost kill them every day, for the next few centuries.

That would satisfy me if they became Base Goku Level.

Ultra Instinct Omen? Same thing, but a million years or something, no rest, nothing. Just straight grinding.

As a bonus, i'll go over how I feel the Tournament of Power fodder could've earned star level or universal strength, since the story currently acts as if Namek Saga Frieza was weak and his power level is common, when that's not likely.

For those random aliens to be Universal; they would have to have trained with Angels their entire lives— and still have great potential to back up their worthiness of training.

Star level? Training with Kaioshin instead of angels for all their lives.

Caulifla, Cabba, and Kale, should have already been Super Saiyan, if they were supposed to just be universal in their bases. To say that they can be that strong without going over any hardship that would basically push them to being Super Saiyans by necessity— it basically makes U7 out to be ants in comparison to every other universe.

I understand that the people that were chosen were the best in their universe— but I need a statement or something that says that U7 has the lowest potential for strength as well, if everyone in their mother can just be Universal by accident.

I do think the Humans need more relevance tho. All they need is OP training. Plenty of verses go balls to the wall with what they have their characters do— why not Dragon Ball?!

I just think it's payback. Didn't it take Master Roshi like 50 years to develop kamehameha wave and Goku learned it in seconds. Now it took Goku so much time to learn UI and here is Master Roshi getting payback using it on Jiren

Not how it works, from an in verse lore perspective. Goku is a prodigy— and an alien with a natural talent for manipulating Spiritual Energy (Chi/Qi/Ki). Roshi is an old master with far less talent and genetic blessings.

Goku wasn't using Kaioken. He was overcharging his usual Super Saiyan Blue Completed but got rekt in seconds. As for Ultra Instinct dodging, isn't the technique supposed to be so crazy it can bridge you an entire new tier? Roshi didn't do any kind of damage to Jiren, he just had mad hax (similar to Ultra Instinct as said by Whis). After all Ultra Instinct is supposed to be a technique available to everyone that has the training, not only saiyans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back