• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

"...How many?"

Corrin maintains her stoic nature as she asks the rather simple question, but Alexander can note the slight tremble in her hand as she speaks. "How many worlds have you seen die, then?"

"...are we talking planets or universes here?" Alexander asks this with his smile just as unchanged as it has been since he arrived.

@Zeph and Everything

"You sound like a twat too busy sniffing his own arse to contribute anything to society. Truly, you give immortals a bad name."

Velan steps out from behind Alexander and Corrin both, a runic stone in the palm of his hand, the expression on his face hidden behind a mask.

"No matter how many words you see die, the moment you forgive all purpose in life and resort to being a condescending cockwomble is the moment your life loses all meaning. Plus." Velan tilts his head to the side, staring back at Stratos with what must be a grin under that mask. "You're no powerful in this world than I, now are you?"

Alexander lets out a little snort.

"Womble huh, that's fresh even for me. Well like I said, your free to have your opinion I'm free to have mine, as long as I don't go destroying worlds myself or get in your way you can't deny me that. Can you?"

Alexander's smirk begins to grow a slight bit more. "Besides I find power means little in the end, certainly didn't help all those gods slain by mortals. It's all about how you use what you have and having the willpower to use it. Do you disagree?"

Corrin can't help but frown as she looks between Velan and Alexander. Both the immortal's rather forward response to Corrin's question and Velan's sudden appearance and string of insults have rendered her briefly speechless.

"Velan-San... While I do not agree with Stratos-Sama's outlook, he is correct about that much." The suffixes she speaks with denote Velan's status as her equal, and Alexander's far greater amount of experience to herself, earning a level of respect from the young draconian. "There is no need to be so aggressive towards him when he has yet made no moves of hostility towards either of us."

"If a god was slain by a mortal, did that god truly have any power in the first place?"

His words are firm and he doesn't seem remotely convinced. "We must have different meanings, sir, for willpower is, indeed, just another form of power. Everything is. Power is not just how hard you strike, but everything about your being that gives you an advance over the bloke next door. And of course, if we're taking willpower into the equation..."

Velan raises his saber, motioning towards Corrin. "I think this young lady has you woefully outmatched."

Then, he turns to Corrin proper with a softer tone. "Apologies. I find nihilism most reprehensible. Inaction about the status quo is the same as supporting it."

Alexander once again chuckles to himself.

"Who between us is stronger is rather unimportant though isn't it, because before this ends all three of us will have a bigger fish to fry after all."

Corrin's face is tinted red, albeit only slightly. "Your words are too kind..." she mutters in response to Velan before clearing her throat. "In any case. As I said, I do not agree with your outlook, Stratos-Sama. Even if all worlds die eventually, there is still a purpose in doing what is right."

The term of "bigger fish to fry" leaves an impression in her mind...

"Indeed. There is still the matter of why we were brought here, what happened to this world, and how we can resolve these issues. Forgive me for speaking pragmatically, but those are important matters compared to a debate on philosophy, are they not?"

"Who got us started on philosphy again?" Alexander says in a joking tone with a cheeky smirk on his face.

"Though, its true that we have more pressing concerns, many a immortal have lost their lives because they focused too hard on the big picture and ignored whats happening before their eyes. Still with our current information we have no actual way to plan, we are running solely on hypotheticals and guesswork, and thats not going to save any world."

She could not help but smile at that. They played off eachother well, it would seem.

"Indeed. I've been trying to locate a way to access this world's records so we could begin to discern the source of this mysterious blight. It would appear that this world stores records of its history within buildings like these. Perhaps not the most efficient method, but It's better than nothing."

If it wasn't obvious by now, it became clear now that Corrin was from a world completely different from earth, with no concept of things such as the internet or phones.

“You‘re quite correct! This world is no normal one, and thus, we must investigate and re-evaluate accordingly, And so, I wish you two ado, and farewell. Let us do our best.”

With little else to say, Velan’s runic stone lights up, and he vanishes.

Alexander gives a slight nod at this response. "Hm, that seems the best option to start with when dealing with a world as advanced as this one, lets just hope they kept sufficient records while their world was being destroyed."

"Well, I did find this. It may be of more interest to you."

She reaches into her robe, pulling out a small cloth. As she unwraps it, Alexander can see a series of pieces of a phone inside. "I am not sure what this device is, but it has no use to me in this state. All of the ones I found across this city were like this. It is difficult to say with certainty, but I believe it may have been some manner of communication device. It is as if something was destroying them all on purpose..."

She points up to the lights of the Museum next. "This appears to be the only building with power, so it is possible we may find something useful here somewhere."

Alexander leans close to observe the phone's fragments.

"Something smells fishy here. Yet, there is only so wary one can be while trying to achieve your goal. Let's go investigate then, and be prepared for anything to happen."

"Indeed. I shall cover this half of the museum if you search the other, and we may meet back up afterwards. Is that acceptable?"

"Sure. Shout if you find any zombies... Or blow them up in a loud explosion, either works." Alexander waves behind him as he calmly walks to investigate his half.

"You as well, Stratos-Sama."

Corrin moves to investigate her half. For good measure, she reinforces her eyes, further increasing the precision and depth-of-field of her occipital lobe. There isn't a hidden detail she couldn't pick up on now...

Dieman's flaming attack instantly vaporizes a large portion of the black material, the water of the lake itself, and the entirety of the thing that briefly broke water. The black material appears to crumble, a liquid form of it leaking from the cracks caused by DIeman's attack and from the force of falling, but it quickly resoldifies over most of the lake. From his new position, Dieman can clearly see that the bottom of the lake is a sickened green color, rather than any stone or sand.
"That was... Anticlimactic..."

If this lake can be fixed from here, Dieman likely isn't the one capable of such. So he flies upwards again, melting through the surface of the lake and landing nearby, his Hot +10 transformation disabling.

"The bottom of the lake... Is green."

I walk towards the museum saying to myself, "Good thing i kept my extra senses, i should turn on some of the more useful ones like danger sense" turns on his extrasensory, ally, heat, cold, danger and magic sense

Maintaining stealth, X would check for signs of anybody being inside the building before entering himself, if possible.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Fortitudo pauses, contemplating something, taking a few moments before talking again

"That's quite the question. That's information that hasn't exactly been given to anyone in a very long time, I have to ask, why do you want to know, is it purely curiosity?"

@Hl3_or_bust

"Hmmm, I see. Do you have someone in charge here, I'd like to speak to them, maybe I could get some more explanations and not have you guys wave those scary things in my face." She says, looking at the men with the guns when she says that last part

@Oliver_de_jesus

"I believe it was requisitioned from NOAA and subsequently modified significantly. I'm no supply guy, though."

The raft is maneuvered next to the ship, where the winch picks it up using a metal sheet sunk under the waves. Several people are waiting nearby when the raft reaches the deck, most of whom visibly jump upon seeing Noah, although the leader of the group appears to make some motion with his hands.

"Don't panic, he's a Reaver situation."

a group of about ten other men, wearing hazmat suits and carrying various pieces of rather bulky equipment move over to the point that the leader steps off the raft and appear to scan him, as well as the others as they step off. The leader is called off by someone important-looking and goes below-deck.

@Dusty_Raider

As he moves down the coastline, Gezora finds that the ocean slowly narrows into a large river, until it narrows enough that it's not really a river anymore. Around this point, another city damaged in the same fashion as Nuuk, identified as Quebec City, is found.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

The contraption slowly moves over the rose and clasps it in a few small prongs hanging on its underside, being quite delicate with it. It shifts in a particular direction, deeper inland, for a moment before moving back, as though indicating something, before turning and moving in that direction at a pace slower than what it could reach at maximum.

@Totadileplayz @DMUA @Spider_Kaiju @HowManyMemes

Nika's nail bullets cleanly slice through the material and easily a dozen meters into the surrounding rock.

Dieman's exit from the water sends the black material scattering to an extent again, but it resettles quickly. After all this, the lake is about two feet shallower and a helluva lot murkier.

@Junkoposter

As Merlene descends into the tunnel, it only gets progressively warmer, until, after a bend, a faint glow can be seen distantly in front of her. The ground seems to sift around her, but not fluidly, more lie dragging your foot through sand.

@Lou_change

The sheep with the more progressive frostbite will obviously take some time to recover fully, but they'll both live for now despite some blackened fleece.

@CrimsonStarFallen

In the stream of fluids expelled from his body, Matricardo can rather clearly see many small black flecks: some kind of middling fungal growth. It's not entirely gone, but at least 99.99% of it is, as it was centered in the bloodstream at the time.

The being Matricardo is threatening look... unusually strange, as it were, just from observation. Rather than turning its head to look at him, it turns its entire body around, moving in a short circle as though barely touching the ground, concerningly graceful given its size and the absurd feel of malice that comes over Matricardo as its glare centers on him. It swings its right arm, the one holding something that vaguely resembles a large club, backwards, and suddenly a large wooden extrusion reaches out at Matricardo's head at blinding speeds.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The guard seemingly ignores Aya, continuing to listen to the voice in his earpiece. After a moment, he turns around, types something on a console to open the door, and takes a good few steps back from it, readying his weapon and keeping both eyes on Aya.

@ZephyrosOmega

While the facility apparently doesn't have enough power to keep its electric locks on, a backup server somewhere is linked to a laptop in a further-back section of the museum, seemingly only on because it was never unplugged. Its entirely in a language that initially makes no sense to Corrin, although she's adjusting quickly, and the screen is only barely on at all.

@Andykhang

The woman ILEK approaches gives her a strange look, as though very vaguely understanding what was said, but responds after a moment.

"Environ une minute de marche de cette façon, je pense?"

She's pointing north-west, along a somewhat major road in the area.

@Listentomyrhytm

As with Nuuk, the two cities, being Iqaluit and Apex, are abandoned and generally desolate, outside of a group of presences Giju feels moving near Iqaluit's airstrip.

@Paul_Frank

"Well, we have a mayor, but the people who police these areas now aren't anywhere near here. In fact I don't really know where they'd be, honestly."

The armed men back away somewhat, not actually lowering their weapons, but do appear less tense now.

@Edwellken

X can hear two sets of rhythmic noises, obviously footsteps, from inside the building. While the front door would be easy enough to open, it's unlikely that it's meant to be opened outside of specific times considering where this place is. A rather large ventilation system can be seen across the top and back, that being the side that faces away from the sun most of the day, that should be easy to enter.

Last edited:
@Hl3_or_bust

Aya just shrugs and then walks inside. The presence of the weapon seems to mean less than nothing to her as she walks in.

She then looks for a way to proceed to whoever is in charge here.

@Paul_Frank

"I'm curious what makes them different to us, I suppose. You're not like the angels that my lady's world had. You seem a lot more direct than them, too, but at the same time, those were all unique beings. A desire for understanding."

Ewald answered, thinking a bit before saying that last part.

@Zephyr and co

El silently followed along for now, observing what the two were doing.

I smile. As much as i hate this part of myself, the part that led my world to resent me, the part that allowed everyone to die and the part that made both the Devil and God abandon me, i still smile. Because when i fight, not for anything dull, but for myself... i feel at the peak of existence. Even if it brings the monster out of me, this is what being alive feels like!

I split my head in half to avoid the wood attack, after which i start side-stepping in a zig-zagging manner toward the enemy, shooting blood covered shotgun rounds at every step. The blood in the rounds solidify and crystalize into stakes, accelerating way past the speed of sound. If i'm not careful, they may get flinged out of the planet by accident.

Using my processing power, i also take in the enemy's movements carefully, trying to see paterns in whatever movemens he does.

@Hl3_or_bust

"So this mayor of yours in in charge then, I see. Well, if you'd like to show me the way to him, I'd greatly appreciate it."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"We're not much like our leader either, it seems we might be different than most angels in any world. In any case, they are independent to an extent, they just also possess a devotion to serve which causes them be able to put aside their own feelings most of the time and do as their higher ups tell them to."

"Hmm..."

Corrin places her hand upon the laptop. Time for her to properly use a technique she hasn't needed up until now.

"Trace... On."

A circuit-pattern of magic flows through the laptop as Corrin analyzes its structure, down to every last circuit and wire. She understands what powers the device, how to use it, and to an extent, how to write and understand the language. All that's left to do is power it. "A Lap top... what an interesting machine this world has created."

powering it with a small bit of her own prana, she begins to start manipulating it freely. She is able to gain at least a basic grasp of how to use it from messing around on the start menu, and as soon as she figures out what the "Internet" means, she quickly begins to access it.

"So this is how information is stored... an archive shared between devices that allows for storage, communication, and even creation... It's genius..."

As soon as she's figured out how it works (Which didn't take that long, all things considered), she starts searching up "What happened to the water".

Last edited:
subsequently modified significantly. I'm no supply guy, though."

The raft is maneuvered next to the ship, where the winch picks it up using a metal sheet sunk under the waves. Several people are waiting nearby when the raft reaches the deck, most of whom visibly jump upon seeing Noah, although the leader of the group appears to make some motion with his hands.

"Don't panic, he's a Reaver situation."

a group of about ten other men, wearing hazmat suits and carrying various pieces of rather bulky equipment move over to the point that the leader steps off the raft and appear to scan him, as well as the others as they step off. The leader is called off by someone important-looking and goes below-deck
"Looks like there is going to be a talk about the mission of these people I met, I just hope my existence hasn't caused any problems" Noah thought as he looked around after being scanned by the 10 men.

Nika looks at the black material, her golems creating an almost protective circle around the group that is still on land.

"I think the most logical course of action is to go toward New York, get you two taken care of, get some research equipment, get back the bodies so this wasn't a complete waste, and figure out common sense." I say before picking them up and running south.

Conjuring the monstrous goblins and other creatures, along with dangerous stone turret structures from out of the ground that would fire against the enemy black goo thing, Alfred then instinctually fires a good old fashioned lightning bolt against it.
@Hl3_or_bust

Gezora began to approach the city in search of life. If a human was found he would take them to Thrasher, not really caring for their cooperation.

Thrasher arrived in Nuuk and began to look over the city for anyone he spawned with.

“Peace brokered.”

“On your GUARD! This is the hook that will lure you into the jaws of the beast. You! The stupid useless crab who had been born from the womb of a mother who has already forgotten your name. You...out of everyone should know better! Do you not remember Qualia?! Your “friends”. How do you think you have so many blades stitched onto that shattered shell of yours? It was the fangs of cheats and LIARS,who named themselves your brothers-”

Enough! Just...let me have this moment of peace. Even if it’s a lie,even if they would jump at as the moment we’ll turn our back. I’ll be ready.”

Ernest’s mind settled,he begins to walk with the metal bird.However faint beats and vibrations can be heard through the metal...

(This was reposted as the other was region locked. The sound that’s vibrating is the first song ONLY)

Last edited:
@Paul_Frank

"I see, so they're made devoted, rather than lacking will. Interesting. And you're certainly different to the angels, which went by Seraphim, that the world of her origin held. Are there other angels like you then, embodying those Cardinal Virtues you spoke of?"

Back