• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

@Zeph and Others

All those before the Greenland Theatre stand just before it's entrance, the air chilly and silent around them. Oh, where the world is abandoned, this place is something else - a realm of harmony and art catalyzed into the shell of this one place, protected and shielded. Yet, the doors welcome you, as does the wondrous sound of a piano symphony wafting through the air and into your ears. Please, you're beckoned, step on inside!

Through the doors, and soon after, into the main hall, you'll find yourself in the dimly lit theatre, as atmospheric and chilling as intended! Each and every seat empty, the wide stage without a soul present on it. You can feel the memories, the past, the history - this was a realm of great plays, shows, music! As said, this was a place of art - a fact preserved even now by a unique, odd soul. Who this soul may be... well, while grand theatre hall is just about empty, it is not without sound, and at the very stage you see but one man surrounded by the empty space and curtains. One man, hair long, cape draped along his back, and with a devilish, grinning mask all too familiar --

Velan.

Corrin wraps the chains around her arms, covering them with her sleeves, before entering. "You are a strange one, masked man. To come here and create your abode as your first action upon being brought to this world."

She slowly walks down the aisle, approaching the stage, and holding a hand up for the three traveling with her to stay back. There would be no sense in risking the lives of many to an unknown opponent; but, more to the point, if this meeting goes the way Corrin is expecting it to, there would be no honor in making it a four-on-one.

The music comes to a sudden stop, and the hall is deathly quiet.

He stops and slowly turns his head towards the new guests.

"Ah, what a turn up for the books. If you wish to enjoy the classical pieces I can provide, please, focus your audio and take a seat, for my symphony is just beginning!" This strange man beckons widely to them from across the auditorium, proud and welcoming with every motion. "But if you wish to throw down the gauntlet, expect me to pick it up in kind, and with haste - so I may return to my music."

Last edited:
"I would not do that if were you, I have an ominous feeling about that man but if you wish to combat him I will assist you"

"It is poor etiquette to interfere in a duel between warriors."

She points a blade at Valon, her expression a clear warning. "Moreover, can you not sense the magic in this place? Even if I were to allow your interference, an advantage of numbers would make no difference here."

"Magic is not a thing we have in my world, so I would have no idea about it or how I would be able to sense it" he after which he makes sure to go through his senses and check to see if he has one for magic @Hl3_or_bust

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"We are very much different from eachother." One of them responds to the first comment, still in that other language of their's despite clearly understanding human languages

"What sort of information would you want about the person in charge then? And what could you tell us in exchange?"

"Please, young man, listen to your armed confidant! This is the war room!" The masked man rises to his feet and reaches to his scabbard on his hip, drawing a blade. "I cannot promise a duel in a fight akin to your own skill in swordplay... but, alas, let me offer you a duel nonetheless. Perhaps your confidence with the blade could teach me a thing or two."

Last edited:
"Perhaps I can."

Corrin crouches, the muscles in her legs tensing up...

And she springs, lunging, advancing upon Velan like a predator striking down its helpless prey!

@Oliver_de_jesus

The man looks back at the others, with one of them nodding before he turns back to Noah.

"I'd rather get out of here before getting involved in something that takes a while to explain. Although..."

He sounds somewhat apprehensive.

"You seem like a good man, but is there any way for us to know we can trust you?"

@HowManyMemes @DMUA @Spider_Kaiju @Totadileplayz

After a short moment, and with an audible pop, a large hole appears in the black material covering the lake. A somewhat inchoate mass of vaguely human limbs, waterlogged and rotten, tries to reach out, smashing down against the material in its attempts to find a grip hard enough to break off fingers. The telltale scent of putrid rot wafts over the area, but the whole event seems somewhat anticlimactic as the mass retreats back underwater after failing to actually surface.

@CrimsonStarFallen

Flying through the air, Matricardo sees a massive crater to the north, likely being the cause of the radiation, and even several distant buildings, much closer than the crater, falling over before his eyes.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Aya quickly finds a rather official-looking building on the outskirts of town, surrounded by a wall of larger apartment complexes and tall trees in an attempt at aerial secrecy. There is a front door visible, but there's an armed guard next to it.

@Listentomyrhytm

The figure falls over in a crumpled heap, joints bending in ways only possible if any connective tissue was removed. Curiously, much of the skin on what was probably the front end of the figure is chitinous and slick.

@Edwellken

Two of the deaths are definitively attributed to the detonation of nuclear armaments over Washington D.C., one given to radiation exposure from the aforementioned armaments, and another is believed to have drowned on a beach off the coast of India. The remaining two were killed by the others shortly after appearing, their corpses, or whatever could be scraped off the stone in the case of one of them, having been taken in for study. The two missing are hypothesized to be unrecorded casualties of the nuclear detonations mentioned above, but their presences were not reported at the time.

As for last known locations, they're scattered across the globe, but seem centered on the United States and Europe for the most part. One was spotted by a deep sea drone in the Challenger Deep before said drone went offline, and that individual is not believed to have moved since. Another of note is believed to have been seen by a group of children in eastern Siberia before contact was lost with all UN installations in the region, and is believed to be occupying the remains of the structures. The two missing were last spotted traveling together over New Zealand.

The Systems Administrator appears to be based fairly close to X's location, that being the middle of Death Valley.

@Paul_Frank

"That... that would be the case."

The man responds, appearing relieved to an extent.

"There's a lot that's happened, and you seem to have already seen most of it. You also don't look like any of the people who've appeared before..."

@Junkoposter

The rocket has the intended effect, vaporizing everything for a few tens of meters around the depression. When the explosion clears enough to be seen through, it appears that there's a large tunnel directly underneath where the depression was, carved smooth, as though it was manmade.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Ernest's display isn't seen by many, but the confusion of the situation is clearly visible on those few's faces. He can feel a small flying contraption coming towards him, but it doesn't seem to be carrying any weapons given its shape.

[I've probably dealt with worse lol, it's not a huge problem]

@Dusty_Raider

Thrasher's expedition inland shows some rather strange results. The buildings are in similar states to those from Nuuk, although with more convention destruction visible alongside them. However. he can see several seemingly unaffected structures further inland, a few kilometers away.

Gezora's trip shows little of note, other than the continual appearance of the fibrous material seen before.

@Andykhang

After a short moment, ILEK finds a rather normal town, although with a large water treatment plant towering over most of the other structures.

Last edited:
"...Yup, the body's dead. What kind of being could have caused this...?" Giju asks to herself, before walking out. Looking for whatever would have caused it if it's still there.

The man looks back at the others, with one of them nodding before he turns back to Noah.

"I'd rather get out of here before getting involved in something that takes a while to explain. Although..."

He sounds somewhat apprehensive.

"You seem like a good man, but is there any way for us to know we can trust you?"
"Well, I don't know, maybe if I behave badly, you can shoot me in the head? And also if you want, you can handcuff me with shackles or something?.. I really don't know how I can earn your trust but the truth is that we better stay together" Noah said

@Listentomyrhytm

Seeing how most of Napassoq is currently underwater, there isn't much to be gleamed from looking around the surface.

@Oliver_de_jesus

The man cringes slightly through his mask.

"Those won't be necessary. It seems we'll just have to operate on good faith, given it's unlikely that we could hurt you."

He looks out to sea for a moment.

"Anyways, back to the topic at hand, we'd rather do that somewhere safer. We have a larger ship stationed a few kilometers off the coast."

...seems like i'll have to fight much sooner than expected. Nuclear bombs have been detonated here, and something is still around. Buildings don't just fall over like that, something is toppling everything it can see, possibly.

Now's not the time to be reserved about my bodily appearance. My fingers extend as fleshy, muscular tentacles to pull me towards the buildings as they fall. I keep my senses sharp.

The golem decides to stick with the group and wait for its brethren to arrive. Nika looks at the two golems for a moment before nodding and hopping up on one of them.

"...Let's get moving towards this group."

Ernest’s eyes peers through above the cliff. Stabbing his gaze back and forth. Observing their reaction. Before a chill of of relief can extinguish the fire of nerves ricocheting around his muscles,he witnesses the flying contraption right within the corner of his eyes.

“TACTICAL RETREEEEEAT!”

“Hold.Your.Ground.”

His arms gave in. The statue of ice shattering into harmless grounded dust before dissipating to the shallows beneath. Struggling to move,he reaches his hand out to the machine.

“⊣∷ᒷᒷℸ ̣ ╎リ⊣ᓭ...”

(
Translation: Greetings..)

@Oliver_de_jesus

The man cringes slightly through his mask.

"Those won't be necessary. It seems we'll just have to operate on good faith, given it's unlikely that we could hurt you."

He looks out to sea for a moment.

"Anyways, back to the topic at hand, we'd rather do that somewhere safer. We have a larger ship stationed a few kilometers off the coast."
"great, let's go to the ship then, I'm ready for anything"

@Hl3_or_bust

Aya approached the armed guard. She looked normal, but an aura of supernatural power was evident around her, as she did not wish to be mistaken for an ordinary human.

"Greetings. May I enter? I would like to speak with the one in charge on the details of what happened to this world."

@Paul_Frank

"All that just depends on how you look at things, really. We're in the same world, the part of this same reality, we are all in existence just the same. So in the end, is there really a difference?"

The other demon commented.

"Name, goals, perhaps something about abilities as well. And we could return that same information in exchange."

The white haired one answered.

@Wherever Mori is

The demon that had remained with Corrin to observe was a red haired woman wearing a suit, she seemed intrigued by the situation, yet did not comment. One could tell that she was, at the moment, significantly weaker physically than the others there.

Out of curiosity Gezora would pick up a tree and try poking, proding, and swirling the strange dark substance trying to see if it have any effect on the material.

Thrasher went to investigate the far off in damaged buildings. Perhaps he may find humans there.

The North Pole had now become an icy land that hid life behind the endless stretches of white. And on their throne, Elfen writhed in agony, as they saw everything and understood next to nothing.

"AN ETERNAL FLAME THAT WILL BURN AWAY ALL THAT HURTS YOU. JUST GRAB MY HAND, LIKE A DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD."

"Then en garde, and let battle take over us!"
The piano lights up with passion and notes as Velan channels his Lair's strength to his own, first warping the very gravitational field specifically in front of him, changing it's direction horizontally, away from him - to interrupt Corrin's leap, and if successful, send her crashing into the seats. But that's not the real attack - no, from behind the curtains, several orbs of runic magic begin to spill out due to this shift in gravity, like a flying minefield crashing down upon this sword-wielding foe!

Last edited:
Giju sighs, as she now intends to head over to... possibly Canada, if there's anything interesting there. Trying to do a massive hop with a massive running headstart to land near there.

@Hl3_or_bust

"You could say I'm new here, yes. I and a few others have arrived recently to find the world in this state. So was this caused by other individuals with supernatural abilities then?"

@The_Divine_Phoenix

They seem to think on this for a moment, not entirely sure what to do, before one of the speaks up anyway.

"Our mistress is an angel, although a wholly different kind than us, being able to summon and dominate our forces at will. She goes by the name Serafall. Is this enough for you?"

"Then en garde, and let battle take over us!"
The piano lights up with passion and notes as Velan channels his Lair's strength to his own, first warping the very gravitational field specifically in front of him, changing it's direction horizontally, away from him - to interrupt Corrin's leap, and if successful, send her crashing into the seats. But that's not the real attack - no, from behind the curtains, several orbs of runic magic begin to spill out due to this shift in gravity, like a flying minefield crashing down upon this sword-wielding foe!
Corrin touches the trajectory of the rune magic, and though it doesn't quite have as much of an effect as Velan may have intended, the magic functions nonetheless. The draconian is propelled away from her opponent- of course, it would be folly to think that came close to ending the fight. As Corrin is launched, she flips around mid-flight, and as she hits the seat, she falls into a crouching position, using the momentum from the launch like a spring.

The musician can see her legs begin to glow, a circuit-pattern of azure light flowing through them, and she launches herself back at the man!

Kanshou and Bakuya - Gan Jiang and Mo Ye. Blades forged for naught but the purpose of forging, they lack the spirit truly required for a weapon of war, Corrin's thoughts race through her mind, time almost appearing to be slowed within her own perception as the projectiles of runic magic surge towards her. And yet... When faced with a spellcaster, I find their blades shall suit me just fine.

Her attack is all in the wrist and waist, not the most conventional body parts to base a sword technique on, but useful nonetheless. As she springs forward, the warrior twists her own body in midair. Those orbs that fly at her either miss the mark, her body gracefully slipping past their trajectory, or are otherwise deflected as her twin blades cut into the magical energy. Then, with a flick of her wrist, she tosses both blades out, sending them spiralling towards Velan as projectiles.

"It appears the strange creature can't seem to leave the water. Very well who wants tea?" As I pull out a platter with a tea kettle filled with already hot da Hong-pao tea and high-quality tea cups.

@DMUA @Spider Kaiju

Her swordplay and skill is astonishing, but there is a slight oversight in her plans - the orbs themselves were not the attack, but rather, the runes engraved within them..!

"Let the stage be set."

As the first wave slip by or meet her blades, she notices them light up... and explode, right need to her and all over..! Velan takes a bow as a glorious, vibrant shower of red and orange fills the air like fireworks, alas, a beautiful display! A mark of power, a curtain call, to begin this brawl - but he is not one to dawdle, as he takes this moment of his own to wave his saber in the air, sketching enhancement and amplifications around him and into his very being for the rising action of the show.

Last edited:
The force of the explosion interrupts Corrin before the blades can leave her hands as she initially intended. Despite the resistance her dual swords give her to the effects of magic, she still takes a good bit of damage from the spells. Through the show of lights, her eyes, the potency of her sight a thousand times beyond that of a mere man, catches the symbols that he writes in the air. That language... If I can read it, I can predict what spells he can cast ahead of time. But I need more information to draw from!

"Do not assume me to be a mere swordsman!"

To the perspective of all watching, Corrin is briefly shrouded by the light and sound of his magic going off around her, but the trained eye might be able to spot a flash of lightning, its azure hue opposite to that of Velan's red fireworks. Rather than a pair of dual swords, Corrin now bears a black bow, laced with green lines and as long as she is tall. Several arrows are nocked within it at once, and before she's even hit the ground, she immediately lets them fly. Each one flies at a different angle, spiraling in the air and curving around to strike Velan at multiple points as if they were homing. This is alongside the two spiralling blades, enchanted to always find each other if lost, that aim for his sides.

A great barrage of two swords from either side, and a wide array of arrows from the fronts, leaves Velan pressed to respond! He has two tricks, however - Joyeuse, his first blade of severance and power, and his increased speed and strength! First, the swords, a war on two fronts. He darts towards one to deal with it first, parrying it and directing it to the side, giving him extra time to swirl around and deflect the other blade - however, it still manages to slice into his arm as he lacks the great skill required to take on both attacks from such a master --

However, he does not give up so easily! Velan knows his runes better than any else, and so he turns and carves into the air, "Dark Écriture: Reflect!"

Power unleashes in a wide arc in front of him, providing cover from the storm of magical arrows and sending them back at the attacker, to put her on the defensive instead! After which, he begins preparing another spell, reading himself for the next attack.

Corrin's eyes widen, as her own projectiles are turned against her. No matter, though- Projectiles aren't something she should have much of a problem with. In fact, as she focuses on the incoming attacks, she can all-but see the trajectory, her inner experience giving her a level of capacity for observation similar in scope to outright precognition.

"No chance... Trace On!"

Tauropolos, the bow of Atalanta, is switched out for another bow, this one a brilliant scarlet in color and full of arrows formed from her magical energy, one for each of the reflected projectiles flying towards her at the current moment. With a few deft movements of her fingers, the arrows within her reach are nocked, and with a simple release of pressure, they all go flying outwards.

In a frankly miraculous feat of marksmanship, each arrow that she fires pierces one of the ones coming towards her, the reflected volley being snapped into pieces entirely. That's not all, though- the arrows that she fired appear to curve in midair, coming down onto Velan like a carpet-bombing. Rather than all striking him directly, she seemingly opted to make them into an inaccurate, but wide-ranged rain of arrows, all striking randomly across the stage.

Let's see him reflect that.

"Where am I now?" Sam says stopping.

"I am not competent enough to do this I should do something simpler maybe I could just keep an eye on the others so to insure the people brought here don't destroy everything. Yeah I'll just make sure that they don't lay waste to a planet. Now how do I get back to my sheep." I say trying to remember.

She used the arrows... to destroy the arrows!

"Fantastic! But as I am not one to repeat the same move twice... allow me to reveal my hand!" He takes a wide bow, as a sudden shift in gravitational forces creates an exuding faux barrier around him, a wall of warped force enhanced and channeled in one location! For the inaccuracy of the arrows was perhaps their biggest weakness, allowing him to propel them away from him as to avoid the brunt of the damage!

"But allow me to retort," Velan slices back into the air repeatedly, waves of runes flying as repeated projectiles towards the weaponmaster's position, aiming to overwhelm her with quick, simple projectiles harboring the spell, "Dark Écriture: Pain!"

"A bit slow but overall interesting even with me being nerfed, i wonder if 'he' and velan teamed together how much of a labyrinth they could make, the maze of zadrator would look simple in comparison" Valon thought "though it seems my gut feeling was right about the ominosity of this place i guess i might have a slight sense for magic, even then fighting an enemy with prep time and who knows you and that your coming is a bad idea" he concludes his thoughts and continues to watch the match looking to see try and get a better understanding of both of the two combatant's skill level, abilities, strengths and weaknesses

She used the arrows... to destroy the arrows!

"Fantastic! But as I am not one to repeat the same move twice... allow me to reveal my hand!" He takes a wide bow, as a sudden shift in gravitational forces creates an exuding faux barrier around him, a wall of warped force enhanced and channeled in one location! For the inaccuracy of the arrows was perhaps their biggest weakness, allowing him to propel them away from him as to avoid the brunt of the damage!

"But allow me to retort," Velan slices back into the air repeatedly, waves of runes flying as repeated projectiles towards the weaponmaster's position, aiming to overwhelm her with quick, simple projectiles harboring the spell, "Dark Écriture: Pain!"
"I will meet your retort in turn!" Corrin manifested a new weapon. This time it was clearly a polearm, a standard wooden handle with a three-pronged, teal tip. As the projectiles flew towards her, she pulled back her spear and threw it, the lance seemingly bending its trajectory rapidly in order to pierce through the projectiles as it headed towards Velan. Within the girl's mind, however, she was visualizing something within her head.

Dark Ecriture appears to be the branch of magecraft. I understand it now. Pain... Reflect... That symbol goes there, and that one means this...

Within her own mind she was figuring it out, cracking the code. Her mind worked as if she was a supercomputer, rapidly visualizing and making inferences from the data she had available to her with a 100% rate of accuracy. Countless possibilities of magic played out in her mind, the potential held by this rune-bearing stranger. Then, she spliced those possibilities with his speech patterns, his mask, the way he acted, his subconscious biases in his movement...

"I think I understand you now," she stated suddenly, the spear returning to her hand rather than continuing to attack. For the first time, a smile was visible on her face, albeit barely. "If I make one guess... will you be honest with me?"

A focus of willpower comes from Velan, the very nature of his Lair focusing down and upon the wicked spear, energy and power pouring into it and depowering it's capabilities to a far weaker level - so that Velan himself can raise his own Phantasm and strike it down with a powerful swipe!

"If your words are as true as your fighting spirit, then I shall listen thoroughly." His response is succinct, and while his blade is raised, he does not fire back another attack, rather, waiting for her words.

"... I do not believe... It is tea time... That being seems unnatural and hostile... even if it cannot attack us."

Dieman steps onto the water, Butterfly Knife in hand, before taking... You'd like to think that's a breath, but no noise is made as it's chest puffs for a moment...

"Hot +10"

Dieman begins to glow yellow, his body immolating as he dives into the lake to attack the beast. Hopefully his resistances will allow him to not immediately realize this is a mistake, don't fail me now servant physiology

"From your stance, your mask, your speech, and your magic, the answer is quite obvious."

Corrin places a hand on her chest, over where her heart is. "One disillusioned with the ways of society and seeking to tear it all down at any cost. One who has seen man's greatest evils that hold the power upon your world, and one willing to commit the greatest of sins in the name of your ideals. You are a rebel, like me. Am I correct in my guess?"

Back