• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

@Hl3_or_bust

Marlene frowns, landing her Apache away from the corpse. She hops out, trench-gun with bayonet equipped. She carefully goes over to inspect the corpse, ready for any surprise attacks.

"Hmm. Well, try not to do anything that puts us in danger, and I suppose that is not a problem."

Corrin touches down in front of a very particular building: Greenland's national theater. She dismounts, and for the first time, manifests a weapon... or rather, two weapons. A pair of daggers not unlike the fangs of a snake, each attached to a long chain that rattles behind her as she enters the theater.

"I can sense you in here," the Draconian calls out to whoever may be inside.

"No. Unfortunately I don't. I have noticed the lake is a weird, murky, totally black substance, and something is coming up from the bottom."
"Tis most assuredly a shame. I fear do you perhaps know anything more about the beast? For If it is hostile I foresee it will be easiest to take care of it now before it can reach us." I ask as I look down below to try to see if the library can assess any information about the unknown entity.

"Tis most assuredly a shame. I fear do you perhaps know anything more about the beast? For If it is hostile I foresee it will be easiest to take care of it now before it can reach us." I ask as I look down below to try to see if the library can assess any information about the unknown entity.
"The beast? You mean that weird stick figure person coming this way? Nope I don't know anything about it."

@Paul_Frank

"Our lady cares little for past affiliations. Demon, human or angel, all are the same and equally interesting."

The demon pointed out, smiling at them. They would then aid the angels in searching.

@ZephyrosOmega

Aya seems to separate for the moment, although another demon seems to appear in her place to keep contact.

Aya heads out to find larger populated areas, seeking the first large and still populated city she can find.

As Gezora reached Thrasher at the Glassed Shore (We’re calling it that now) Thrasher began to vaporize more sand in a 10 meter circle around each vaporized animal or meat chunk, just to be sure, Gezora spoke “I’ve found a few large shoals of fish but not much else other than the strange dark substance covering the sea floor.”

Looking up from his work Thrasher responded “Good. At least something is alive here. I want you to scout ahead. Head up the coastline. Look for anything of note and tell me if you see anyone else...oh and by the way more people were summoned here other than me. Beware of them as I don’t know if they will end up hostile or not. When you’re done come back here, we’ll make this area our meeting place.”

"Ah I do appear to have someone following me. It appears I was distracted by a different commotion thanks for alerting me."

I turn around and remark upon the golem. " remarkable make though the creator doesn't seem to have much attachment to them, as it lacks the face that would indicate as such. I suppose it must be a war golem then. " Reading the Library report "Indeed the Library seems to confirm this as it can't even speak just be controlled. Its excellent work better then any golem I've seen in my territory."

Last edited:
Initially spawning somewhere in Nevada, X spent his time up until now gaining an understanding of his current situation. On top of investigating his surroundings, he did a surface scan of the web, also hacking into government databases and other networks he could find for information. He would in the meantime search for any signs of human activity in the surrounding area.

The golem doesn't exactly respond to Dante's compliments, but it seems its lit up eyes seem to shine a bit brighter than normal. It gives a bit of a bow to the group before looking around, as if to try and ask what is happening.

[before a make a big response post, I feel the need to elaborate that people messing around in places far from major rivers or large bodies of water can essentially do whatever, since the world is mostly normal in those areas in terms of what you probably care about]

[I might be being dumb but I am the one doing complex stuff that isn't ideal. The thing is yes human life will be safe but the danger it poses towards mammals would lead to an extinction event unlike most before it the death of an entire animal kingdom with ecologically importance to nearby every ecosystem except the deepest parts of the ocean plus supernatural disasters might lead to the destruction of life as we know but I am willing to leave it. If there is evidence live will go on without super powers.]

[No that was the evidence they would all be effected. Here is evidence it is fast enough. From SCP-3396:

Subject: One human, female, 28

Method of Exposure: SCP-3396 fluid applied to skin of lower arm

Result: Subject's skin quickly absorbs fluid. No immediate physical changes. When asked if the subject noticed any change of mood or sensation, subject replied, “I understand firepower.” An extremely large variety of rotary cannon then appeared in the subject's hands, which she then used to fire upon Foundation personnel and breach containment. When struck by return fire from responding Foundation security forces, subject's body fragmented, producing violent explosions which inflicted no damage upon the subject but caused significant destruction to testing installation and facilitated subject's escape. Specimen's body continued to fragment, explode, and regenerate upon receiving damage, the pieces levitating near the specimen's central body and transmuting into further instances of high-powered projectile weaponry. 37 casualties recorded. Subsequent testing chambers reinforced.

From SCP-3731: The incubation period between exposure to blue matter and conversion to SCP-3731 ranges from seconds to months.

However I am willing to change it so I don't do it as it hasn't effected anything yet. Also given that I all I currently have is time and an army of sheep I am going to use them if I feel the need.]

[ "the incubation period between exposure to blue matter and conversion to SCP-3731 ranges from seconds to months"

hmmmm]

[Lol]

“Speaking of which, I have these strange power for quite awhile now”

In the trip to Paris, I ponder about the new power that I have...or rather, that “replaced”. My lightning power have a different nature to it now, on top of being sealed...

How curious, wonder what god is doing this now...I think, as I mess around with my new power abit.

"... So... What shall we do with this polluted lake?"

@Oliver_de_jesus

"We... we believe this was one of the newest settlements destroyed by a world-wide fungal infection, given the fact that it's still here at all. There isn't much reason to be coy about it, I suppose."

@Paul_Frank

The calming effect appears to have varying results, some of the people panicking even worse and some others just turning to look at Serafall. She can hear a large group of people running through the tunnels near and above her.

After a moment, one of those who were actually calmed by the light, a young-looking man, speaks to Serafall.

"Who are you?"

@Listentomyrhytm

As Giju approaches, the figure doesn't move beyond a few faint twitches, more indicative of rigor mortis than any conscious movements.

@CrimsonStarFallen

Matricardo finds himself in a suffocating darkness for a short instant, before the tell-tale creaking and cracking of concrete exposes him to light. To his left, he can see the Lincoln Memorial, and to his right, the Korean War Veterans Memorial. Much to his dismay, the few buildings he can see through the surrounding trees look just like those in Nuuk, although much, much more destroyed. Several fires can also be seen in the distance.

Almost immediately, he can feel the effects of significant radiation exposure, enough to cause nausea in a normal human.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Most people within earshot are... momentarily stunned, to the say the least. Many begin screaming and yelling in a language Ernest does not understand, but they appear to be following some kind of planned route as they do so.

@Junkoposter

Merlene's inspection doesn't reveal much. The obvious cause of death was hypothermia, and the bite marks appear to have been more tests than anything else, as though determining whether it would taste good. With this close inspection though, it becomes clear that the bite marks are from human teeth, but not from any mouth with the standard number or layout of teeth. Additionally, Merlene can feel, even through her boots, that the snow around here is unusually warm.

@Totadileplayz @Spider_Kaiju @HowManyMemes @DMUA

While everyone is having their conversations, a low, wide groaning can be heard coming from the lake, and the very center of the body of water appears to be bowing upwards slightly.

@Dusty_Raider

Gezora finds more normal marine life, but that odd fiber at the sea floor remains as well. At the same time, it seems as though many smaller islands that were once above water, given their closeness to the surface, are now below it.

@Andykhang

After a few moments of running ILEK finds herself in Brest. Just as with Nuuk, it's a shell of its former self, but the bio-electricity of a large number of beings can be sensed a few kilometers inland.

@Edwellken

insert everything Lou and Crimson got

The aforementioned malignant growths appear to be the result of the genetics of the fungal infection itself and its host melding with that of various animals that it consumes, the most common appearing to be mosquito and generally insect-like for whatever reason, with wings and compound eyes, not necessarily in any proper place, being the usual.

More information on the specific aggressors mentioned as being responsible for almost as many deaths as the fungal infection is found as well. Primarily, there appears to be two dozen of them, each capable of outright supernatural feats that bypass the known laws of physics, such as being immune to most man-portable weapons and explosives, the ability to project energy as an attack, fly through the air, and many others.. Specific abilities between individuals vary, but it notes that at least seven are confirmed deceased and another two are unaccounted for

As X reads through all of this, the systems administrator adds a 25th entry. While this new individual is not named, a long-distance picture is available, that being of a somewhat normal-looking man, but grotesquely muscular, holding some kind of wooden club, and, given the compared size of the ruined cars next to him, at least ten feet tall. It is noted that the individual is believed to have only just appeared, with the given location being the remains of Washington D.C.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Aya shortly finds a large city, referred to by signage as Allentown. Most of it, seemingly the specific areas along the river that passes through it, are in a similar state to Nuuk. The rest seems to be functioning somewhat normally, although with an informal division between the damaged sections of the city and the standing ones formed by a rather clean line of collapsed buildings.

@Lou_change

[just for context, you do realize that there's essentially a blizzard right on top of Nuuk, right?]

Last edited:
"We... we believe this was one of the newest settlements destroyed by a world-wide fungal infection, given the fact that it's still here at all. There isn't much reason to be coy about it, I suppose."
"how did that happen and what are the symptoms?" Noah was surprised

"Hmm. Well, try not to do anything that puts us in danger, and I suppose that is not a problem."

Corrin touches down in front of a very particular building: Greenland's national theater. She dismounts, and for the first time, manifests a weapon... or rather, two weapons. A pair of daggers not unlike the fangs of a snake, each attached to a long chain that rattles behind her as she enters the theater.

"I can sense you in here," the Draconian calls out to whoever may be inside.
"Would you like me to flush them out"

The two golems manage to reach back to Nika, even if they can't actively speak, they still manage to convey...a message. The golem that is currently with the group continues to look around, but for the source of the noise instead.

@Hl3_or_bust

"My name is Serafall, and I am a... a friend. I'm rather confused at the state of everything, and you lot are some of the first people I've seen, so I was hoping you could tell me what's going on."

As she says this, she takes note of everyone running around, but doesn't pay it much mind

"A bunch of the cities I've seen are messed up to various degrees, and I imagine whatever happened there is related to why you guys are so afraid here, right? Er, besides the fact I have wings and all."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The angels nod, and seemingly somewhat unhappily work together with the demonic beings to search, not exactly hiding the fact that were it not for someone telling them to, they wouldn't have done so.

Corrin shakes her head at the young man's proposal. "If you attempted any sort of combative action, you would be dispatched in an instant. From how you carry yourself, you do not appear to be very strong in direct combat, and this man was clearly a close-ranged fighter. It would be best if you let me handle this."

[The weak will die then as I need to have them survive likely worse disasters for it to matter]

"Herding sheep for as long as I need to isn't very helpful I should see if I can steal stuff to help me communicate with the others brought here if I find them." I say to no one in particular.

@Hl3_or_bust

Marlene frowns. She summons her Apache over and floats into it. She then fly's away a bit and tactically blasts the area with a Hydra-70 general-purpose rocket. 'Tis best to be safe, after all.

Ernest’s palms flooded with sweat,clogging the gaunlets with fluids as fear festers in physical form around his body. Muscles won’t move,feet digging ankle deep into the shallows in which he stood. The screams of the many pierce his ears as they swarm like ants within their roots. His thoughts rang through his head,echoing:

“WHAT DID I SAY. YOU CANNOT REASON WITH THESE ANIMALS.YOU MUST KILL. SWING UNTIL YOUR ARMS RING WITH PAIN. SQUEEZE THEIR MEAT LIKE THEY WOULD WITH YOURS.SWINGSWINGSWING-“

“They’re animals backed into a corner. You’ve just brought fire to their tinder homes, how did you think they would react? Keep yourself grounded, their more afraid of you than you are of them. Get rid of the damn flames, put on a different show for these folks.”

The flaming roses turned to smoke. Ice creeped around the smoke. Roses transformed into colossal archs,twisting and churning into a four headed dove carrying an branch of olives. Ernest’s tendons being strained to its ripping point.

“!¡ᒷᔑᓵᒷ!”

(
Translation: PEACE!)

While Gezora continued down the coastline, Thrasher began headed further in land looking for cities, hoping to find more living creatures.

Aya went to check for a governing body of some sort, and to search for humans that might be willing to talk to her and explain what the situation here was from their view. She did her best to appear non-threatening as she did this, seeming like a mostly ordinary girl.

@Paul_Frank

"You all seem rather discontent with this arrangement. We're all the same in the end, you know."

One of the demons commented to the angels as a whole.

Then, the white haired one spoke up.

"Say, you all wished to know more of our lady, yes? We may be able to reveal such details in exchange for information about the one leading you all as well."

Corrin shakes her head at the young man's proposal. "If you attempted any sort of combative action, you would be dispatched in an instant. From how you carry yourself, you do not appear to be very strong in direct combat, and this man was clearly a close-ranged fighter. It would be best if you let me handle this."
[Also sry about that was not thinking at 100%, was making a wall of text so my concentration was on that]

Fortunally, this body is extremely resiliant to radiation, so i should be able to hold out well for a few dozen minutes. Still, what a disaster. Fortunally, or unfortunally depending on the situation, this destruction seems far more recent, fresh even, compared to Nuuk, meaning, i may have a chance...

Propelling myself into the air with a big jump, i use this view as a sort of bird's eye to see what is the general situation. If i where to start falling, i would direct myself at the fires.

X commits the relevant information to memory, though he also adds data copies to his suit. He then looks for any information on the cause of death for the seven deceased individuals and the last-known locations of the rest (paying closer notice to the two missings), as well as wherever the administrator could be operating from.

"Ah..."

Dieman pulls out a butterfly knife, preparing for whatever happens next.

Back