• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

"That is certainly more comparable to the gods of my world... If you feel like aiding me, my first order of business is to find information on this world and our place in it."

Corrin flies south, Aleia and Valon following. Soon enough, she should be coming across the New York City skyline.

More of the small replicas of the Pale Forest continue to spawn, soon beginning to dot the barren island with life and greenery. Smiling at this, Nika decides to stop for the moment and start working on her golems. Her knowledge to produce them already going into practice.

The rock missed. Hesitation at every step, Ernest ventured out into the grass planes of Nuuk.

“Nᒷᒷ↸ ᔑ !¡ꖎᔑᓵᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ∷ᒷᓭℸ ̣. I ↸𝙹リ’ℸ ̣ ∴ᔑリℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹ᓭᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣ᓭ ℸ ̣ ᒷᔑ∷╎リ⊣ ᒲᒷ ᔑ!¡ᔑ∷ℸ ̣.”

(
Translation: Need a place to stay. I don’t want these things ripping me apart)

His palms grapples the nearby stone. Ripping colossal chunks of stone away from the land mass without strain. His hands punching through the stone like paper,using the reactionary forces against the materials.

CLANK CRANK

He stacked the stones into a small curvy hut. The rocks balancing onto of a nearby hill. Using his eyes,he lights a tiny flame. Resting near the fire,he began to sharpen and strengthen himself. Fueling his body with the anxiety swarming his mind.

Unable to find a shovel Sam boards her sheep and flies back to check if someone is stuck at the starting area.

Using her summoning abilities, Nika begins to try and call a storm overhead to make sure the forest around her is perfectly watered, and making sure to divert the lightning away by summoning a lightning spirit to divert them away.

"That is certainly more comparable to the gods of my world... If you feel like aiding me, my first order of business is to find information on this world and our place in it."

Corrin flies south, Aleia and Valon following. Soon enough, she should be coming across the New York City skyline.
"Lets"

@Oliver_de_jesus

Gezora doesn't find much initially, but eventually finds some large pods of normal-looking fish. Thresher, meanwhile, finds more destroyed structures, just as before, but along the beach itself is many heavily decomposed creatures of indeterminate origin, but most are quite large.

@CrimsonStarFallen

[wait another post or two, since that's a long ways]

@Oliver_de_jesus

While the city itself is abandoned, seemingly without whatever happened to Nuuk reaching it, Noah feels the presence of a group of six humans near the center of the city. Unrelatedly, it isn't snowing here at all, despite the power of the storm seen in Nuuk

@Junkoposter

As Merlene moves south-east, she can see that the area is experiencing unusually heavy snowfall. Several trails, similar to something being dragged across the snow, can be seen to start and end in the middle of nowhere without any other indication of what happened.

@ZephyrosOmega @The_Divine_Phoenix @deonment @Everything12

The group eventually sees the New York skyline coming over the horizon, but even from a distance it doesn't look great. The many skyscrapers and smaller buildings have the same faded look as those in Nuuk and around the world, but appear significantly more damaged, many only barely staying upright.

Serafall looks around Alice Springs, trying to see if it's suffered the same fate as many of the other locations she's seen.

Corrin frowns, upon witnessing the destroyed skyline. At a glance, it's easy to tell that this is more advanced than any city on her homeworld, especially keeping in mind the lack of magic to aid in construction. And yet, to be in this sorry state... Her enhanced eyes scan the streets below, being able to pick out the presence of any living thing from kilometers away.

"If this place has anybody still living within it, we should ask them why their world is in this sorry state," she suggests to her two companions, something likely picked up by Stratos, who is following behind...

Thrasher approached the decomposing bodies hoping to at least identify what kind of animals they were meanwhile Gezora dives deeper into the depths looking for anything else. If he finds nothing he’ll head back up and regroup with Thrasher.

@Paul_Frank

Some of the beings approach the angels.

"Are you all also here to examine the situation?"

One of them asked.

@ZephyrosOmega

"I suppose. I could look into their minds for the answer, but that'd be a bit boring. There's definitely still people around in this world as a whole, it isn't devoid of life."

"Aya" noted, having noticed the one following them as well.

"I also need to find a place for something myself, probably empty. But something like this just wouldn't do."

She spoke out loud.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Some of the lesser angels looked stunned, not sure how to respond, but before the did something dumb, a larger one, resembling resembling two headed dragon, floated in above them.

The being spoke from an upside down face in its torso, in an extremely deep voice, using an unknown language, although the person it spoke to could tell what it was saying even still.

"We have been tasked with ascertaining the state of the world, specifically the ruined cities and what caused them."

@Paul_Frank

"We are much the same. Our lady has tasked us with examining the world and discovering what events have transpired leading to this."

One of the demons, who looked like a white haired young man, answered. They all looked like humans and seemed to have their own distinctive personalities.

It was quite the odd sight, as the angels seemed the monstrous ones in this situation.

@ZephyrosOmega

"To me, they're the same thing. I'm just seeking to collect things as I said, in exchange for my services. Stuff like how fast I do it doesn't really matter that much."

The girl replied, yawning as she concluded her statement. She looked entirely calm at this sight.

Dieman began to gather some basic information, about the human cities surrounding him and the environment...

"... This place... there is something... unusual about it... which is why I can so easily exist within it, perhaps..."

Either way, it was obvious not much can be accomplished wandering aimlessly, so, they set their sights on Nuuk proper, the nearest city.

"...I see. I suppose this means we won't be fast friends, then. Though I am interested in your services. What exactly can you offer me?"

Sam realizes that the internet might be down or she is doing something wrong either way she heads south until she finds signs of life.

@ZephyrosOmega

"If you live as long as I have, you realize that focusing everything on efficiency grows terribly boring quickly. And at that point you decide to focus more on interesting things, like this situation as a whole. Some might also mind me looking into their minds, making it a risk."

The demoness noted.

"As for what I can offer, that varies a lot, and would also depend on you to some extent. As a general summary, I can provide power to some extent, resources, minions, headquarters and weapons. The extent varies, of course."

She explained, sounding rather amused.

"Hmm."

The draconian offers no more of her thoughts beyond that. Not much for conversation, this one. She guides her Pegasus to the top of a building, dismounting and dispelling the beast.

"Interesting this looks like one of the old city's from Teranos, I've heard about these but I'd never expect to see one in person"

An Error has Occurred.
Exception: Dimensional Transfer Mandatory, Vault Change Started. User, present. User, must escape. User must escape. USER MUST ESCAPE.

Dante fell asleep working out how much of the magic crystals were needed to be sent out to the various organizations. The Truth was, he nor his family ever really knew where the Dimension Came from. They all knew that endless wealth could cause endless problems, so kept it as a heridatarial secret, all calling the magic crystals produced during times of need, as coming from the Family vault and not much more. Due, to a solid family reputation, and a well-treated populace nothing more came from it. As, they were able to bribe even the most vile rulers of their time. When tyrants wanted to knock down their family, they'd plot to take them down. Dante, however didn't have that kind of problem, as he lived in a fairly comfortable age, where the nobles where peaceful. No real skirmishes arose around their borders, as they knew that their family was one of the more powerful counts, a small territory, but a game changer for those that they needed to ally with.

That being said, that was irrelevant for now. The Message was being sent loud and Clear. He needed to escape, as the magic gems that he was holding in his hands was changing in front of his very eyes. Into something akin to paper, he needed to leave, so he did. He left through a hastily created portal, and saw blistering cold. A Freezing Landscape. Completely alien to him.

Not wanting to risk entering the vault, and not being properly equipped for Greenland, he was greatly troubled. There wasn't a real solution. He was stuck in the middle of an Icey landscape, and could freeze to death, due to lack of proper attire. There weren't any words for how screwed he was, so looking around he went and huddled as he started walking towards The civilization on the horizon.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"And why does your lady want to know this? And who is this lady of yours?"

The angel asks, though translucent due to being in Purgatorio, it could be noted that the entire being seemed to be covered in gold chains or armor throughout many parts of its body.

In contrast to the demons, these angels, the lower ranked ones at least, while vaguely humanoid, seemed to all look similar, and shared a single-minded loyalty, or maybe they had no personalities to speak of. Only the larger dragon one seemed to possess much intelligence or free will, as it seemingly commanded the lesser ones.

“Well I expect even a decent city to be here, but I guess I expected too much.”

Ilek, upon finding herself in a strange cold place, goes to the closest city she can see, only to find out about the mess and ruined left behind.

“Judging from how all of this city look though...Would this place have a Starbucks? My coffee is getting cold from being rudely transported into a wasteland.”

Saying so, sipping her cup of coffee she’s still holding onto her hand, she go around to search for a Starbucks, her blond hair flutter in the wind.

Ernest built a small home out of the hut. Manipulating the elements to make stone beds,small ponds from the moisture within the dirt. A small grotto to prep himself against the outside world. Time slowed down,and within his eyes showed his thoughts. Jumbled letters,they soon begin to rearrange themselves in the inner most corner of their eyes.

“Holy **** I am going to die.”

No you won’t,not if you keep your blade in hand. Use that fear,infuse it with each step,each strike. You’ll hit harder that way.”

Ernest’s perception had sped to normal. Through his meditating state, he had mustered the courage to leave. His fear dispelled,he leaves his hut. Shattering a door that was just built. His grip tightening on the hilt of the blade,he charges Southeast,into what would be Africa at Mach speeds. The natural spring in his step temporarily boosted,allowing him to cross the planes with ease.

Aya remains quiet as Corrin ascends, floating along quietly and observing the city from above.

@Paul_Frank

"I am not at liberty to reveal her name, I am afraid. As for her wishes, simply because this is a new world to her with new things to see and people to offer her services to. I cannot speak of what she will do, but she needs information to act."

The white haired man responded, staring down the larger angel as the others continued looking around.

“Well I didn’t find a Starbucks here, but a local coffee shop is good enough.”

Finding a coffee shop after going for awhile, I go in, after introducing myself.

“Since it’s still pretty new, I wonder if I can find coffee beans at least...”

Last edited:
As Mister Greenwood looked into the lake, he closed his eyes and instinctually concentrated on The Triforce of Wisdom, causing it to shine, as he stood there, experiencing a vision. A blackwater lake, not frozen, what did this all mean?
@Hl3_or_bust 3

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"What services does she plan to offer to the people of this world? I assume she's a demon, correct?"

It asks, finally landing, no longer producing massive gusts of wind with its large wings.

@Paul_Frank

"Such a word does not in truth fully describe her, for she is no mere demon. As for the services she can provide, there are many. Should this word be damaged as it seems, she may offer restitution, resources and shelter. Of course, these things are not always free, however she will accept many forms of payment."

The white haired demon answered, seeming calm as ever and unperturbed by the angels, despite their size.

"Our lady is a collector, not of mere physical objects, but of things such as experiences as well, of unique things. This world and that which it contains is thus of great interest to her."

@Oliver_de_jesus

Given Noah's speed, it takes the men a short moment to recognize that he appeared before them. Most are obviously startled, pointing their weapons, high-powered rifles, at Noah before another appears to indicate to hold their fire. Notably, they all appear to wearing some kind of full-body armor, and, despite moving far slower than him, they're obviously much faster than normal people.

@Junkoposter

While following the trails, a large collection converge to a specific point before ending in an obvious and rather large, about ten meters across, depression in the snow.

@Paul_Frank

Alice Springs as a settlement appears essentially untouched by whatever affected Nuuk and the other areas, as should be expected with how far from any coastlines it is. Despite it's remote location and what Serafall vaguely knew of the place before, it holds a few thousand occupants, housed within a network of tunnels dug directly into the ground and extending over a hundred meters down. An alarm sounds a few moments after Serafall arrives.

@New york gang

Corrin finds New York completely devoid of life, even smaller animals that would survive independent of humans like rats or insects. Large ash fields appear to cover some sections of the city and the outskirts, seemingly the remains of whatever plant life once stood there based on the scenery.

@Dusty_Raider

Exactly what most of the beached animals are is unclear, but they appear to either be whales or dolphins for the most part, not accounting for the boneless chunks of flesh scattered about as well. Gezora finds little of note in the water itself, although the sea floor appears to be covered in a thin layer of some black fiber.

@Listentomyrhytm

Having passed Arangmik in the first few bounds, Giju finds herself in the outskirts of Napassoq, which is in much worse of a state than Nuuk. Most of the area is completely underwater, and what little is left is utterly gutted, the buildings completely gone, foundations and all. Of the remaining dozen or so standing houses in the highest areas of the town, one seems to have been recently entered, judging from the swinging front door.

@Lou_change

While most of the internet is inaccessible from Sam's location, the general situation is clear: a few months before the group appeared, an new and unusual species of marine parasite, seemingly related to the Cordyceps fungus, began multiplying in numbers greatly. It proved extremely adaptive, able to survive in almost any kind of water and enter and assert control over the nervous system of most mammals without any problems, although the exact symptoms aren't stated. The results are, though, those being the near-complete destruction of most coastal settlements and cities and the death of over one billion humans in less than a month. After the initial wave of deaths, the UN, now backed primarily by land-locked nations and the US, declared a state of martial law in most surviving nations to deal with the threat.

This was only the beginning of a serious of outright supernatural disasters, including the entirety of South America below the Panama Canal being overrun with predatory, aggressive plant life and the appearance of various unspecified beings, mainly centered around Nuuk, Greenland and New York City.

@CrimsonStarFallen

Matricardo lands near the now-mostly unofficial border between China and Kazakhstan, with the surrounding area and settlements seemingly untouched for the most part, although an unusual portion of the physical space in these small settlements is taken up by large water treatment plants or pipes leading to other treatment plants.

@DMUA

Dieman finds Nuuk as previously described; barren, with buildings faded and their exits violently broken open, and no signs of life anywhere. He does, however, see an unusually dark inland lake a bit to the north, with an older man standing near it.

@Spider_Kaiju

Judging from Mr. Greenwood's analysis, the lake seems to be primarily composed of now quite salty water and an oily material that clots together and solidifies an outer coating extremely quickly. The material only covers the top of the lake, as it floats on water, and essentially forms a solid barrier between the water and the open air. The water underneath the material, very strangely, appears to be moving rapidly and in various directions, mainly upwards at the barrier.

@Totadileplayz

Dante quickly finds himself approaching the small city he saw, much faster than what would allow for the harm of the cold to set in really. The area is curiously deserted, despite appearing quite homely and picturesque outside of every entrance to the buildings being violently broken open,

@Andykhang

Liek finds that Nuuk does not appear to have a Starbucks franchised anywhere there, much to her chagrin. Furthermore, it's not like anyone would be there to staff it, given the state of the rest of the place. [Also there are explicitly no corpses in Nuuk]

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

[you'll have to wait for another post to get a response here, given the distance you're traveling]

A lake... a source of life...

Dieman moves forward towards it.

Finally deciding to stop sitting on her ass, Nika stands up, jumping onto one golem as three others are behind her. Four in total as she directs her golem army to move across the ocean, manipulating the magical energy to make them walk on water. Yeah, it's time to travel to America baby.

[It's a fairly straight and uninterrupted line from Nuuk to the coast of Morocco according to Google Earth, outside of some islands that aren't much closer]

Back