• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

"... Perceptive!" Velan applauds the weaponmaster with a clap of his hands. "Yes, yes. The Rebel, The Anarchist, I go by many names... but..."

He steps forward and raises his arms into the air proudly, powerfully, cackling in his speech. Something maniacal and proud in his gait and presentation, before taking a grand bow, silence overtaking the room from all ends.

"Call me Velan! Velan the Villain!"

"...Well, Velan," Corrin twirls her spear, Diatrekhōn Astēr Lonkhē, before dispelling it. "It appears you and I have like-minded goals. Though, this world appears to be quite obliterated already, which puts quite the dampener on any potential overthrowing, doesn't it?"

As she speaks, Corrin glances back. Certainly, the admission of one's intent to overthrow the government isn't something that should be stated out loud; as such, it's only wise that she waits to see if those traveling with her will do anything about it.

"Yes, this world has proved quite unique. So my goals have been set back, at least for the time being." He then turns back to her three compatriots. "Please, young lady, tell me your name and introduce me to your companions here. So for as long as they hold no ill will, I will allow them to witness my show."

"Of course."

Corrin, for the first time, bows, smiling politely. "Corrin Nakamura, daughter of the Sea Dragon Queen Beryl, and the Spirit Tribe Chieftain Reishi. My companions here are Valon Maturn and Alexander Stratos... You'll have to ask the third her name, she joined rather recently."

@Paul_Frank

"Very well, I shall respond with information in kind then. Our lady is a Demon, though not a mere ordinary one. She is a Demon God, a Demon of a higher level than any ordinary one. She is able to create and command a variety of beings, including us. Though if she wishes it so, she can create ones with their own will, like myself. The originator is called Aleia."

The white haired demon explained.

@Theater

"I can introduce myself."

The red haired demon girl, who had been left here as an envoy spoke up.

"My name is El. I'm here on behalf of the one called Aya to see what happens. She went off to search for information more directly."

"Then I suppose you mind little of my ways and methods." He turns to the other two, beckoning towards them. "If you would like to speak, speak now."

“A town huh...Well, better than a ghost city before”

I then dropped down into the front gate, turning myself back from my lightning form, as I casually attempt to enter the town

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"So this Aleia was summoned just like our master, she wasn't present amongst the group though was she, where did she end up?"

Angels within Paradiso start construction on Serafall's cradle, using golems and such as materials to help

@Paul_Frank

"That is correct. She ended up in a space of her own, albeit one connected to this world. Ah, but that is already saying quite a lot. Do you have a name? My name is Ewald."

@Theater

"Our lady has no particular grievances with your way. She is interested to see what it will bring."

@Moritzva

Alexander seems unconcerned about this talk of rebellion, seeming more interested in looking at the surrounding area.

"I have no qualms, knock yourself out."

"Then take a seat, my friends, and listen to my symphony - for only then, may you leave!"

Velan gives a formal nod as an end to his short duel with his quite worthy opponent, the stage reforming around him as he sits back down at the piano and begins playing.

While Corrin has found a like mind in their shared philosophies, she believes there are more... pragmatic uses of her time.

"Your music is soothing, Velan, but I have things I should be doing during all of this. Most importantly, finding access to this world's information records. Perhaps they do not exist in the same form as they do on my world, but a place this advanced should certainly have something I can look through."

With that said, Corrin turns and leaves. From here, she begins to search nearby buildings and houses, bit by bit, to see if there's any method of connecting to these supposed records... (I.E. COrrin is looking for computers/phones)

@Paul_Frank

Ewald tilts his head.

"Is that really a name, or is that just a title? It sounds far more like a title than a unique identity of your own."

The demon noted.

@Theater

El dances along slightly, to the tunes played by Velan. She does not seem to be in a hurry to go anywhere in particular.

"Well erm we should probably get out of the area." @Hl3_or_bust
Mister Alfred Greenwood begins to leave Nuuk and the lake, but not before conversing with the strange stick figure.
"Um, hello. Who are you? We probably should get out of here."

6VJUagN.jpg

A woman had been flying over the U.S. at mach 100 for some time, in search of place that still had living humans. Her lord had ordered her to go out and explore the world, to gain experience. And humans were one of the things she was curious to learn more about. A portal had been opened for her inside U.S. borders.

Last edited:
@CrimsonStarFallen

As Matricardo approaches the description, he feels a subtle change come over him. What exactly happened isn't clear, but he feels something growing inside of him sshortly afterwards.

Slowly coming into view, seemingly at the epicenter of the damage Matricardo saw before, is a massive plume of dust from which vague shapes occasionally reach out and swat at nearby buildings, reducing them to airborne rubble. A figure can be seen inside of it, large but not absurdly so, almost as though someone attempted to satirize the physique of comic book heroes.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

The contraption, a four-rotor drone of some kind with a vague resemblance to a bird, approaches Ernest slowly, as though caught between trying to get as clear a view as possible and being safe.

@Oliver_de_jesus

The group leads Noah back to a small motorized raft that was parked along the shore, and they all board it, leaving Noah a seat where they can all see him. After a short moment, a larger vessel, about forty meters long and sitting about ten above the water, comes into view. It resembles a research vessel, given the large winch on the front.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Somewhat absentmindedly, the guard puts out his hand as though to motion to stop and almost starts some rehearsed speech before realizing exactly what he heard. He shrinks backwards slightly, whispering into his mask about not being sure what to do here.

@Dusty_Raider

The material breaks apart in large clots and sections that break up into smaller threads upon contact, somewhat like asbestos. It tastes... strange, from what little of it gets around that much. Clearly old and organic, but something seems off.

Thrasher finds that, while the buildings aren't in anywhere near the same state as those around the coastline, they certainly aren't fine. Many are clearly damaged by fires and weather exposure, and even explosions in more than a few cases. He finds many more corpses around here, though, that being more than none, most clearly quite old.

@Listentomyrhytm

Giju quickly moves over the ocean, to a massive field of scattered icebergs and islands, to an even larger plane of snowy rocks, but eventually finds the signs of two distinct settlements, both in the same general direction and quite close.

And directly along the coast.

@Paul_Frank

"I... I think so, yes. There's probably a more technical term for it, but that's correct."

The running sounds eventually show themselves to be a few dozen armed guards, all carrying high-powered rifles, plated body-suits, and even explosives, and although they seem markedly less affected by the calming light, they don't attack, merely gesturing threateningly.

@DMUA @Spider_Kaiju @Totadileplayz @HowManyMemes

Dieman's flaming attack instantly vaporizes a large portion of the black material, the water of the lake itself, and the entirety of the thing that briefly broke water. The black material appears to crumble, a liquid form of it leaking from the cracks caused by DIeman's attack and from the force of falling, but it quickly resoldifies over most of the lake. From his new position, Dieman can clearly see that the bottom of the lake is a sickened green color, rather than any stone or sand.

@Lou_change

[genuinely sorry for not responding last post and I could've sworn I already posted most of this]

Most of the sheep sent out die quite quickly over the course of a few minutes. Those who weren't converted into SCP-3396 appear to go into spastic fits upon attempting to drink any ground water, clearly a symptom of the fungus, and die quickly. All but two of the remaining die from exposure, with even one of the living having hypothermia spread throughout all of its legs and the other appearing extremely disoriented.

@Edwellken

Despite quite literally being black on near-white, X's presence seemingly isn't noticed as she approaches a small metallic building hidden in a valley.

@Andykhang

Most people don't give ILEK much mind, simply going about their lives, although a few seem to notice that gives off a feeling of being out of place.

@ZephyrosOmega

Corrin's search through houses specifically leads nowhere. Most electronic devises she finds curiously appear to have been manually disassembled before being destroyed and there's simply no power in those buildings.

However, a larger building, clearly a museum of some kind, appears to have limited power and hasn't been obviously destroyed like the others.

@WHYNAUT

The portal opens into a dark room, clearly some kind of cellar, although the woman can clearly sense a larger number of people above her.

Last edited:
The group leads Noah back to a small motorized raft that was parked along the shore, and they all board it, leaving Noah a seat where they can all see him. After a short moment, a larger vessel, about forty meters long and sitting about ten above the water, comes into view. It resembles a research vessel, given the large winch on the front
"It's amazing, a good job of machinery" said Noah.

"I guess it belongs to a major company?" He ask

Last edited:
Deciding that would do for now, Gezora began moving down the coastline again. He should be nearing the state of Maine by now.

Thrasher was getting increasingly frustrated with his lack of productivity. He hasn’t found a single living thing so far. Perhaps one of the people who spawned with him might know more than they let on. He began to make his way back to Nuuk. Maybe a few PCs have remained there.

Dread and Clarity interwoven for a brief moment of cooperation,both mesmerizing feelings so comfortable within Ernest’s field of thoughts whispering:

It doesn’t want to kill me.(?!)

The thumping and rattling within his heart coming to a halt,as his muscles jolt back into flowing movement. Broken away from the shackles Ernest’s nerves had kept him in.

crackle

Opening his palms, ice flowed throughout the pours of the arm creating a rose made of ice.

“⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ...⎓𝙹∷ ||𝙹⚍.”

(Translation: Here...for you.)

Last edited:
"How strange... though intriguing. Even without access to mana, this world was able to create a society with greater technological advances than my own."

Corrin frowns as she starts to look around the museum. Perhaps it is one detailing the history of this world's science, or its cultures...

Nika manages to reach the group and see what is currently happening with the strange black material that solidified on land. She decides to let two nail bullets fly into the strange mass before turning to the group.

@Zephyros
Alexander enters the museum after you, this time he isn't steeped in thought and seems like he wishes to actually converse with you.

"Stratos," Corrin acknowledges his entry as she browses the entrance area of the Museum. "Is there something you wish to discuss with me?" From her observations, this museum appears to tell the history of this country and its people. Class distinctions, means of transport, lifestyles, et cetera. "Forgive me if I seem occupied. It has been some time since I've come across a nation whose history I was not already aware of."

Alexander himself seems cheerful, giving a casual wave.

"Out of all the people here you seemed to be one of the more aggressive in achieving your goals, so I thought I'd question you first." Alexander's cheerful attitude doesn't wane even with what he says next. "How would you act if this world had been devastated by a non-magical biological infection that had already wiped out like 99% of life on the planet?"

@Hl3_or_bust

Melene sighs, de-summoning her apache, landing on the ground. She creates herself a gas-mask-helmet combo with a light on it, and a flamethrower. Let's go tunnel exploring.

After remembering where she left her sheep she ran as fast as she could using everything she could to increase her speed to reach them transforming one finger to a flamethrower. When she makes it back she used the flamethrower to warm them while she thinks what she was thinking without any equipment it was useless to try at all.

"..."

She takes a moment to consider the meaning of his question. If his implications are indeed true, then the situation here is grave indeed. And to say such things with as cheerful a tone as his...

"...If such a scenario were accurate, the situation would become more delicate," she finally answers. "I want to see if the system of this world is as twisted as my own, and should it come anywhere close, I will carry out my judgement upon it alongside Velan. but with this place in such a sorry state, ascertaining that for myself will become more of a task."

Her eyes shine briefly. "But do not mistake my words. That would only spur me on with greater intensity."

"Well just to make myself clear this is only a hypothetical, while my gut is telling me we are likely dealing with such an infection I have no evidence its as bad as 99%... Yet. Still its better to assume the worst case." Alexander turns away to look at a random exhibit.

"Frankly, I'd rather be wrong, biological infections are quite boring a way to have the world end. Still, it's clear we've arrived in this situation too late to prevent most of the damage so all we can do is plan around the aftermath."

The feeling instantly sends red alerts through my head. Tearing a hole through my heel, i force every bodily liquid i have out like a high speed jet, in a atempt to remove whatever was growing on me. My body regenerates itself back after finish.

I pull out a shotgun and point it at the... thing inside.

"Hey. I don't wanna do this, but you better stop before i blow you into a pool of blood."

@Paul_Frank

"The name itself sounds more like an extension of your title, though. But I suppose it works well enough. Though it seems the others here are less independent than you. Why is that?"

Ewald questioned the angel.

@Hl3_or_bust

"I'm not here to cause any harm, don't worry. I only want to know more and found my way here for that."

Aya pointed out, acting entirely calm and not making any sudden movements.

In the palace, Aleia was preparing to accept guests as necessary, as she thought it might come up here.

"And what of you, then? Have you any goals of your own?" She turns to Stratos fully. "To be quite blunt, the fact that you so callously spoke of killing on this scale... I will not say it unnerves me, but I have the feeling that you are a very dangerous man. I have shared my intentions, so it is only fair that you disclose yours as well, no?"

"I have no real end goal or ambitions really, just an immortal who desires to keep the tedium of the ages at bay, a dead world would run counter to that goal. Truthfully I think you lot running about will provide me with plenty to observe." Alexander then begins halfheartedly reading the description of the exhibit he's looking at, clearly not that interested in it.

"As for short term goals, I think discerning what state the world is currently in needs to be achieved before I make any plans."

"An immortal..."

Corrin has a somewhat wistful look on her face.

"I am only 20 years old currently, but considering the nature of my parents, I have an endless life ahead of me as well. Is immortality truly such a burden that you only view others as entertainment to stave off your own boredom?"

"Depends how Immortal you, some are immortal enough that they last the lifetime of a planet, some exceed the lifetime of universes." Alexander continues absentmindedly looking at the museum pieces, the tone or his voice seeming to showcase he has no strong feelings about the current conversation.

"Plus even with immortals personalities vary. Like I see this near-dead world and think 'Ah another one', but I won't rebuke your ideas of righting the system just because its end is most likely inevitable in my eyes, after all, I might not find any purpose in such things but I'm not you am I?"

Back