• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: X792 Gildarts Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
In the Weekly Shonen Magazine Version of Chapter 525, it is stated that Gildarts is Fairy Tail's Strongest and August is the Spriggan 12's Strongest
bA2O22n.png

Now unlike the Magnolia Size Revision, we actually have the Raw Text for the Weekly Shonen Magazine Version, and it reads as such...

FT最強 VS. スプリガン12最強!!
"Fairy Tail's Strongest vs Spriggan 12's Strongest"

Now this confirms that August is in fact the Strongest Spriggan, and it also confirms that at the point of Gildarts vs August, Gildarts is the strongest Fairy Tail Member, which would mean that he is stronger than Enhanced Emotions Erza, and therefore Gildarts would be High 6-C

Thoughts?

Aren't these editor's notes?

These happen quite frequently, like an editor note on the Boros vs. Saitama fight that said Saitama took damage which is blatantly false, and another editor's note on a Flashy Flash cover that described him as being lightspeed.

I'm guessing this text isn't present in the actual volume version of the chapter?

EDIT: I can't speak for everyone else, but my own opinion is that since this isn't present in the finalized, canon version of the manga which is the volume format that these types of statements not be considered viable for use. There's no evidence that Mashima was the one to write this and that it still applies.

Yeah I agree with damage here, because I'm pretty sure at that moment natsu was high 6-C+ with igneel's power, and that would mean if gildarts is above him, then august would also be high 6-C+, and that shit would be circular.

Yeah I agree with damage here, because I'm pretty sure at that moment natsu was high 6-C+ with igneel's power, and that would mean if gildarts is above him, then august would also be high 6-C+, and that shit would be circular.
Natsu had lost that power by this point in the story, so it wouldn't be a factor

Gildarts damaged August and made him bleed using a hand he never uses for attacking. He should scale to August's durability just based off that.

He had to use his mechanical arm to damage August because his actual attacks are getting negated by August. It merely was unable to withstand the magic power and impact, same shouldn't be the case with his right hand since he uses that hand as pretty much the only form of offense and Gildarts also took several attacks from August

From stats alone, Gildarts should be at least somewhat comparable to August in speed, AP and durability. It was the copy-null which hard-countered most of Gildarts' AP with his right hand

I actually disagree as Gildarts's strongest attack barely damaged August who is stated to be comparable to Dragon Form Irene.
Gildarts can still be stronger than Erza and weaker than August

After all, this also states August>Irene

August was manhandled and destroyed his hand with an all out attack, only to deal very superficial damage to August. I'm also pretty sure August outright penetrated Gildart's effortlessly with his staff.

A chapter title itself refers to August as "The strongest Wizard" and even if these are added by the editor, they won't be added if they go against the very setting of the story.

Gildarts attacked with his mechanical left-arm, his only form of offense before this was his right arm.
And it actually inflicted noticeable damage, it knocked down August and made him bleed.

Yes but Brandish's statement contradicts that as she has alot of knowledge about August as they were close, but she still thought Irene was just as strong.
Doesn't matter when the narrator says August is the strongest of the 12, but that doesn't even matter right now

I'm not arguing Gildarts scales to August

My point is by being Fairy Tail's Strongest, he would scale above Enhanced Emotions Erza

From what I know, we don't really take these editor's notes in consideration in any major capacity. Apart from examples Damage brought up, I think there are examples from DB/DBS manga too. They are treated as a tool for hype rather than reliable piece of information.

I feel like they should be taken case by case (like databooks) barring they aren’t contradicted and the other manga events support it.

Albeit there seems to be too much contention for this statement to be concrete based on what I’ve seen in thread.

I agree he scales above erza. Gildarts being called the strongest in ft is consistent since he has always been shown to be the strongest member of ft besides natsu in his df form.

Gildarts is also fighting the strongest member of the spriggan 12 as stated by the editors note and august himself states he is. So gildarts being the strongest ft member is consistent and he should get the high 6-C rating.

Looks good to me.

We could possibly add to Battle Mode August's writeup that he overpowered Gildarts, since Battle Mode August > Gildarts >= High 6-C Erza.

Last edited:
Irene: Turns into a dragon

Irene: Summons giant meteor as her strongest attack

August 2 blocks over: So everyone caught an L but me

Still August: I am the strongest Spriggan, come at me bro

Well since it is an editor's I will have to disagree, as Irene > August canonically
Blatantly false

This editor note is consistent with other statements such as August calling himself the strongest spriggan ( and august isn't an arrogant character nor does he lie )

Seen everything and yes nothing states August is stronger than dragon form oh and also brandish also thinks Irene is stronger than August iirc

Seen everything and yes nothing states August is stronger than dragon form oh and also brandish also thinks Irene is stronger than August iirc
Brandish states august is the strongest man and irene is the strongest woman in the spriggan 12. She only said august and her rivals each other in power.

And nothing about dragon form irene suggest she is stronger than August

Well August is not the point of fbe upgrade, I am just saying using editors note can be wrong
I mean what if the editors note is consistent with what is shown in the story like gildarts being the strongest member of fairy tail besides df natsu

I mean what if the editors note is consistent with what is shown in the story like gildarts being the strongest member of fairy tail besides df natsu

If that is already the case, then you don't need the editor's note.

August doesn’t even matter here, the whole point was that Gildarts>Enhanced Emotions Erza based on this statement

There should be an additional piece of evidence beyond a hype statement to support it imo.
Gildarts has had several statements of being the strongest FT member prior to that arc, he's just come back now so idk if there's any in Alvarez or 100Yq

Lucy does say that Gildarts is still the strongest mage in Fairy Tail, and it should be noted that while Natsu is absolutely stronger than Gildarts, Lucy never witnessed Natsu use Natural Dragon Force or Savage Dragon Fire Form Natsu during the Alvarez Arc, which could explain why she said this, but the point is reinforced that Gildarts is universally seen as the strongest member barring Natsu's Emotion Amps
97oo8r6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back