• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God to Villain - Steel Hell (RP Thread)

fc6oDbj.jpg

Rain poured to the grounds of Dusk City, the alleyways painted in liquid. Rats crawled through the muck of the desolate region, all manner of scum crawling into the streets of Dusk City to do their business.

And in the deepest, darkest parts of the city...

"Engen..."

A man walked into a dark, cold room, a flickering light keeping the room alight. It was empty, devoid of any obvious furniture or anything to brighten the mood. It was akin to a... solitary confinement chamber, cut off from the outside world and any other form of contact.

"I agreed to bring them here because I thought I'd get something out of this. Now, I know you'd never lie to me, but..."

"Quiet, Mujin. They'll come."

With him, stood another. He hid in the darkness, outside of sight, but he domineered over the air... His voice made the space around him tremble, and caused the man that stood before him to shudder, the power seeping into his veins. The man, seemingly named Mujin, shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets, a sly grin plastered across the dull man's face. He breathed out.

The two men, clouded in mystery, awaited their partners.

"You sure they'll come, Engen...?"

"They'll come."

"You said that already, but..."

"I told you to wait, Mujin... No villain worth a damn would pass up a job this profitable. Just have faith."

"Faith in what...?"

"Faith in villainy."

"Having faith in a villain...? Great idea..."

And they continued to wait.

"Mind giving me a briefing on them...?"

"You doubt to much, Mujin..."

"I at least deserve a briefing..."

"....."

"Come on, Engen. A briefing. I need info on who I'm working with."

"...."

"...Please?"

"...Fine."

"Great!"

"...."

"...Mind starting?"

"...Alarak Tal'tharim. A fighter. Previously a rich kid, but kicked out of her household after murdering a servant at the age of 5. Currently a mercenary. Her Soul Edge is called Psionic. Its effects aren't publically known."

"Sounds hard to deal with. Next?"

"..."

"...Next??"

"Michael. I don't know her past. Her Soul Edge is unknown."

"Wish you had more info, but, what can you do...? Next."

"Cato Hyatt. His past is irrelevant. His Soul Edge is unknown."

"....Amazing briefings."

"You wanted information."

"This isn't information..."

"You want it or not?"

"...Fine. Next."

"Zack Johns. Known to the public as the "Painter Master". A first-rate villain, with a versatile Soul Edge that allows him to distort reality."

"Reality Distortion...? Heh. Intriguing."

"It's powerful. It's why I hired him. But it's not all-powerful."

"Obviously. Next?"

"Kiara Merlo. An unknown past, with a pathetically weak Soul Edge. But she has potential. She can grow, if put to work."

"You've always had an eye for potential, haven't you, Engen...? Heh... Next?"

"Antony Collins. Another first-rate Villain. His powers are devastating, uncontrollable, but strong when tempered. He'll be useful for some muscle."

"Is that so...? I'll keep an eye on him, then. Next?"

"Mimic. Once again, a first-rate Villain. Digging up info on him his hard, though. He's never gone public with his skills, and the Hero Association has no file on him."

"He's discreet, then?"

"Very. I didn't have time to do anymore digging."

"It'll be interesting to meet him, then... Next?"

"Finally, a woman known as Tooha. Not a lot of info on her to begin with."

"Haaaa... Well, it's a fine enough briefing. I know what to expect... somewhat, then. I guess we just need to wait, then..."

Mujin crossed his arms, staring at the door as his teeth collided with his lower lip, a shudder running through his body.

"Don't get to excited, Mujin..."

"Oh, I won't... I just... wonder. Wonder who'd join us in this Hell..."

And as such, they waited for the new arrivals...

Engen removed his hands from his pockets, "I don't do scams, kid. But if I must..."

Engen raised his right hand, a weird... black substance, beginning to congeal around his hand. Akin to darkness. This "substance" continued to gather around his hand, before something manifesting in the air, akin to a... portal, or a gateway of kind. With a snap of his fingers, money began to pour from the makeshift portal, bundles upon bundles of 100 dollar bills beginning to pile up rapidly.

"Is this enough, or do you need more?" Engen asked, money continuing to pile on the ground as he spoke.

"Planning to win someone's trust immediately with currency.... Oh, how original..." Cato thought, "Although I will say, these guys are indeed interesting, maybe joining this would rid me of boredom... for a while that is"

He was looking over to Engen, before glancing at Mujin, then back at the portal of money which posts no interest to the man.

Engen walked forward, tilting his head. "First off... Let's talk reward. People like you need incentive before going into any dangerous work."
"I don't need any convincing..." Kiara said in the corner. "He protects me, so I let him do what he wants..."

Tooha looks down at the piles of money on the floor with a slight smile, but her face quickly goes back to being expressionless after just a second.

"Well? Spit it out. What are the details of the job?"

Mimic's eye's widened in surprise, his momentarily freezing as he saw the mass of money pouring out of the man's darkness. He hesitated for a brief moment, before quickly snatching a wad from the ground, thumbing through it cautiously.

"...God damn..." He murmured quietly. The pile of money would be more than enough to pay some of his...debts, and give him a considerable income to boot. After confirming that they weren't counterfeit, he slowly looked back up at the man.

"...What's the job?" He asked quietly.

Engen waved his hand, the money disappearing in an instant as his "darkness" consumed the objects. A slight sneer painted his face for only a slight moment, but he quickly corrected himself. He didn't care if he needed to pay them. He didn't care if they didn't want money at all. All he needed was their abilities.

"My goal..." Engen placed his hands back into his pockets, before speaking. A smirk painted his face, complimenting the scar that decorated his skin.

"Is to destroy the Hero Association. I need your help for that."

Mimic froze for a moment, before shaking his head, letting out an inaudible groan.

"...Should've known he was a nutcase..." Mimic thought. If it was any other situation, he would have simply left, but the display of wealth earlier was too tempting to ignore.

"...The Hero Association huh? This some kinda joke?" He said.

Engen spoke once more, "I don't believe I stuttered..."

"You can't expect everyone to understand, Engen!" Mujin said, "Defeating Heroes is so out of reach for most, many will chalk it up to idiocy to try...!"

"You can't expect everyone to understand, Engen!" Mujin said, "Defeating Heroes is so out of reach for most, many will chalk it up to idiocy to try...!"
Cato raised his left hand still pointed, before putting both his hands into his pockets.
"Would you provide a reason as to why you're planning to... 'expunge' these group of 'good-willed martyrs'?" he asked.

"My goal..." Engen placed his hands back into his pockets, before speaking. A smirk painted his face, complimenting the scar that decorated his skin.

"Is to destroy the Hero Association. I need your help for that."
"Very interesting... indeed. The destruction of the hero association would help me as well. However..."
Tooha looks around the room.

"We have some good fighters around here, but we'd it'd truly be a herculean effort to take out the HA with only these people."

“…it’s not just idiotic, it’s suicidal. Messing with a hero is already bad news, and you want to make an enemy of the entire organization??!” Mimic growled.

Engen remained silent for a few moments, not answering any questions at first, especially not Cato's. He removed his right hand from his pocket, gently rubbing the scar decorating his pale flesh.

"...I never said we'd be taking on the entire organization at once. I plan to start with a single district. To whittle down their forces enough to destroy them from the inside out." Engen said, "The forces I've gathered here will be enough for that. It'll be a series of jobs. A series that if successful, could lead to results. And results... are all I care for."

Engen remained silent for a few moments, not answering any questions at first, especially not Cato's. He removed his right hand from his pocket, gently rubbing the scar decorating his pale flesh.

"...I never said we'd be taking on the entire organization at once. I plan to start with a single district. To whittle down their forces enough to destroy them from the inside out." Engen said, "The forces I've gathered here will be enough for that. It'll be a series of jobs. A series that if successful, could lead to results. And results... are all I care for."
He looked at Engen for a while before making up his mind. He knows there's an underlying reason beneath all things he's saying, though he'd bother not with his business.
"Seems interesting.... I'll join."

"...Why?" Mimic said bluntly. He pressed his back against the wall, taking a weary breath.

"...Setting aside that this plan is ******* insane. Why would you take the risk of going against the districts?"
"...." Engen sighed, grimacing. "The Hero Association has wronged me. And I want revenge. Good enough for you, or do I need to write you an essay, you little runt?" He said, glaring at Mimic.

"...." Engen sighed, grimacing. "The Hero Association has wronged me. And I want revenge. Good enough for you, or do I need to write you an essay, you little runt?" He said, glaring at Mimic.
Mimic flinched, the man quickly stepping towards the wall again as he felt the man glare. He said nothing for a moment, before letting out a small sigh.

"...Let's say we went along with your...revenge. When do we get paid? This...plan of yours ain't getting done overnight..." He said.

"...." Engen was silent, glancing at Cato. A smirk painted his face, before he shook his head.

"Don't worry! I'll make sure you get paid." Mujin said to Mimic, "I've plenty of disposable income for you to leech off of while we work. How much do you need?"

Zack start to talk, he was quiet for a while until now.

"Well this operation "domino effect" sounds interesting, although I have certain concerns about how this will be done, since although i can cause chaos and kill one or another hero, I have certain rules with killing civilians. Threats and leaving them knocked out is fine, one wound ok, maybe leave someone paralyzed, but as long as we don't take some lives of people who really have no relation to the association, I'm in" finished the artist

"Don't worry! I'll make sure you get paid." Mujin said to Mimic, "I've plenty of disposable income for you to leech off of while we work. How much do you need?"
Mimic shifted his gaze, looking towards Mujin. He glanced a weary look towards Eugen for a moment, before gingerly moving towards the man.

"...How much you got?" Mimic asked cautiously.

Zack start to talk, he was quiet for a while until now.

"Well this operation "domino effect" sounds interesting, although I have certain concerns about how this will be done, since although i can cause chaos and kill one or another hero, I have certain rules with killing civilians. Threats and leaving them knocked out is fine, one wound ok, maybe leave someone paralyzed, but as long as we don't take some lives of people who really have no relation to the association, I'm in" finished the artist
"...We won't be killing anyone uninvolved." Engen said.
Mimic shifted his gaze, looking towards Mujin. He glanced a weary look towards Eugen for a moment, before gingerly moving towards the man.

"...How much you got?" Mimic asked cautiously.
Mujin smiled, "I asked first, cutie."

"I don't know about this...not all of us have been 'wronged'. Some of us don't want to fight heroes...because we know that we'll lose." Kiara said, having the sort of fear one would expect from a child. "It's nice to be the guy with all the money and stuff that tells other people what to do...but, you need us more than we need you. And I don't want to die if your plan doesn't work or if someone else isn't good at following orders..."

"I don't know about this...not all of us have been 'wronged'. Some of us don't want to fight heroes...because we know that we'll lose." Kiara said, having the sort of fear one would expect from a child. "It's nice to be the guy with all the money and stuff that tells other people what to do...but, you need us more than we need you. And I don't want to die if your plan doesn't work or if someone else isn't good at following orders..."
Engen glanced down at Kiara, grimacing. "She's smart..." He thought to himself, scratching his chin.

"Your safety won't be assured, yes... But, you won't be killed. That, I can assure. If you don't believe that, then leave. But if you stay, I assure that you'll live, at least."
“…eh?” Mimic said, he stared at the man for a moment, before shaking his head, clearly caught off guard.

“Five thousand. Per job.” He said flatly.
Mujin maintained his smile, "Well, since you are interesting..." He reached down his shirt, fumbling around. A few moments later, he removed a fat wad of 100-dollar bills, pressing it against Mimic's chest.

"Here's 20,000. Just for you!"

"Your safety won't be assured, yes... But, you won't be killed. That, I can assure. If you don't believe that, then leave. But if you stay, I assure that you'll live, at least."
Even upon hearing this, Antony refuses to give away his feelings on the matter, still leaning against one of the room's far walls.

Mujin maintained his smile, "Well, since you are interesting..." He reached down his shirt, fumbling around. A few moments later, he removed a fat wad of 100-dollar bills, pressing it against Mimic's chest.

"Here's 20,000. Just for you!"
Mimic froze for a moment, staring down at the wad of cash. His first instinct was to grab it, yet…he paused, hesitating for a moment.

“…You work with this man, yeah? He ain’t just…blowing smoke, about making sure we don’t die?” He hissed quietly.

Mimic froze for a moment, staring down at the wad of cash. His first instinct was to grab it, yet…he paused, hesitating for a moment.

“…You work with this man, yeah? He ain’t just…blowing smoke, about making sure we don’t die?” He hissed quietly.
"...." Mujin maintained his smile.

"Engen is strong. He'll protect us. And I'll especially protect you, cutie...~"

"...." Mujin maintained his smile.

"Engen is strong. He'll protect us. And I'll especially protect you, cutie...~"
"...." Mimic stared at the man for a moment, before sighing. Quickly, he slipped the money out of Mujin's hand, stuffing it into the pocket of his hoodie.

"...You trying to butter me up or something?" Mimic asked flatly.

Alarak had remained silent, a smile creeping across her face, while Michael, even seeing the money, was mixed on it

"Not all heroes are pieces of shit... even if most of them are..." Michael thought to herself, opening her eyes, "but it does do more harm then good." Michael thought, glancing at Mujin and Mimic

"Careful, not to wake the dove, for I see love!" She said, her voice revealing she was definitely Messing with them a bit

Back