• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God to Villain - Steel Hell (RP Thread)

fc6oDbj.jpg

Rain poured to the grounds of Dusk City, the alleyways painted in liquid. Rats crawled through the muck of the desolate region, all manner of scum crawling into the streets of Dusk City to do their business.

And in the deepest, darkest parts of the city...

"Engen..."

A man walked into a dark, cold room, a flickering light keeping the room alight. It was empty, devoid of any obvious furniture or anything to brighten the mood. It was akin to a... solitary confinement chamber, cut off from the outside world and any other form of contact.

"I agreed to bring them here because I thought I'd get something out of this. Now, I know you'd never lie to me, but..."

"Quiet, Mujin. They'll come."

With him, stood another. He hid in the darkness, outside of sight, but he domineered over the air... His voice made the space around him tremble, and caused the man that stood before him to shudder, the power seeping into his veins. The man, seemingly named Mujin, shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets, a sly grin plastered across the dull man's face. He breathed out.

The two men, clouded in mystery, awaited their partners.

"You sure they'll come, Engen...?"

"They'll come."

"You said that already, but..."

"I told you to wait, Mujin... No villain worth a damn would pass up a job this profitable. Just have faith."

"Faith in what...?"

"Faith in villainy."

"Having faith in a villain...? Great idea..."

And they continued to wait.

"Mind giving me a briefing on them...?"

"You doubt to much, Mujin..."

"I at least deserve a briefing..."

"....."

"Come on, Engen. A briefing. I need info on who I'm working with."

"...."

"...Please?"

"...Fine."

"Great!"

"...."

"...Mind starting?"

"...Alarak Tal'tharim. A fighter. Previously a rich kid, but kicked out of her household after murdering a servant at the age of 5. Currently a mercenary. Her Soul Edge is called Psionic. Its effects aren't publically known."

"Sounds hard to deal with. Next?"

"..."

"...Next??"

"Michael. I don't know her past. Her Soul Edge is unknown."

"Wish you had more info, but, what can you do...? Next."

"Cato Hyatt. His past is irrelevant. His Soul Edge is unknown."

"....Amazing briefings."

"You wanted information."

"This isn't information..."

"You want it or not?"

"...Fine. Next."

"Zack Johns. Known to the public as the "Painter Master". A first-rate villain, with a versatile Soul Edge that allows him to distort reality."

"Reality Distortion...? Heh. Intriguing."

"It's powerful. It's why I hired him. But it's not all-powerful."

"Obviously. Next?"

"Kiara Merlo. An unknown past, with a pathetically weak Soul Edge. But she has potential. She can grow, if put to work."

"You've always had an eye for potential, haven't you, Engen...? Heh... Next?"

"Antony Collins. Another first-rate Villain. His powers are devastating, uncontrollable, but strong when tempered. He'll be useful for some muscle."

"Is that so...? I'll keep an eye on him, then. Next?"

"Mimic. Once again, a first-rate Villain. Digging up info on him his hard, though. He's never gone public with his skills, and the Hero Association has no file on him."

"He's discreet, then?"

"Very. I didn't have time to do anymore digging."

"It'll be interesting to meet him, then... Next?"

"Finally, a woman known as Tooha. Not a lot of info on her to begin with."

"Haaaa... Well, it's a fine enough briefing. I know what to expect... somewhat, then. I guess we just need to wait, then..."

Mujin crossed his arms, staring at the door as his teeth collided with his lower lip, a shudder running through his body.

"Don't get to excited, Mujin..."

"Oh, I won't... I just... wonder. Wonder who'd join us in this Hell..."

And as such, they waited for the new arrivals...

Cato lets out a sigh before checking his pendant once again. These group of people he's in are very very intriguing....
"These people may entertain me for a while... Guess I found a mine of gold..." he muttered to himself, letting a small chuckle afterward.

"...." Mimic stared at the man for a moment, before sighing. Quickly, he slipped the money out of Mujin's hand, stuffing it into the pocket of his hoodie.

"...You trying to butter me up or something?" Mimic asked flatly.
"Heh, no no, don't get me wrong. I don't need to butter you up. You have nothing I could possibly need to butter you up for." Mujin said, still smiling.

"I just wanted to see your reaction, is all."

"Heh, no no, don't get me wrong. I don't need to butter you up. You have nothing I could possibly need to butter you up for." Mujin said, still smiling.

"I just wanted to see your reaction, is all."
Mimic rolled his eyes, turning away.

"Thanks for the cash, asswipe." He muttered. He took a few steps away from the man, before leaning his back against the wall, turning his attention back to Engen.

Mimic rolled his eyes, turning away.

"Thanks for the cash, asswipe." He muttered. He took a few steps away from the man, before leaning his back against the wall, turning his attention back to Engen.
"My name's Mujin! Not asswipe!" Mujin said with a chuckle, before shrugging, turning away.

Meanwhile, Engen turned away, hands in his pocket.

"Anybody coming, follow me. There's a helicopter on the room that'll get you to where you need to be." Engen said.

"Very well." Alarak said, her smile was wide as she walked to stand next to Engen

"By the way, if you ever need a quick way to get out of the way in combat, try and get my attention, if you can keep up." Michael said to Mimic as she moved, a Jitte getting rested on her shoulder as she moved to follow Engen

"My name's Mujin! Not asswipe!" Mujin said with a chuckle, before shrugging, turning away.

Meanwhile, Engen turned away, hands in his pocket.

"Anybody coming, follow me. There's a helicopter on the room that'll get you to where you need to be." Engen said.
Kiara began to hold herself even more...she's never flown before, and didn't really like the idea of being in such a contraption with these people, but she didn't have much of a choice...her fear of heroes would keep her going...

Kiara began to hold herself even more...she's never flown before, and didn't really like the idea of being in such a contraption with these people, but she didn't have much of a choice...her fear of heroes would keep her going...
Mujin glanced over at Kiara, smiling at the young girl. "It'll be alright, missy. It'll be a bit loud, but, nothing more."

Michael looked at Kiara, her prior doubt still present about the girl, but she kept quiet, resolving to talk to her on the helicopter

Mimic glanced at the door for a moment, tempted to take the money and run. He doubted anyone would stop him, and, if they tried, he had already planned an escape route in his mind. Enough loose objects were around that he could easily find a hiding spot. Just as he was about to move towards the exit...he paused, weighing his options.

"...If I can fleece more cash from scarface and his lackey, I could live on easy street for a long time..." He thought. At the very least, he could pay back his debts, getting him out of hard water with some of the...less savory villains. He mulled it over in his mind for a long moment, before slowly shaking his head.

"...Worst comes to worst...I'll ditch them after the first mission." He thought to himself. Glancing towards the group for a moment, he slowly began to follow them, his hands buried deep in his hoodie's pocket.

"Very well." Alarak said, her smile was wide as she walked to stand next to Engen

"By the way, if you ever need a quick way to get out of the way in combat, try and get my attention, if you can keep up." Michael said to Mimic as she moved, a Jitte getting rested on her shoulder as she moved to follow Engen
Mimic raised an eyebrow, before shaking his head.

"...I can handle myself." He said dryly.

The group came to the roof a few minutes later, rain beginning to pour down like clockwork. Clearly, the weather of Dusk City was not... kind. But... there was no helicopter.

The group came to the roof a few minutes later, rain beginning to pour down like clockwork. Clearly, the weather of Dusk City was not... kind. But... there was no helicopter.
Cato knew something was... off. About the way Engen told them to follow him, and all the other factors he could add. Though he isn't that full of himself to speak about it.

"Where is your ride." Alarak said to Engen, unamused about any possible trickery

Michael scowled, immediately popping a cigarette and lighting it up, the smoke not seeming to exit it however...

A brief rush of anxiousness burst from the man's chest, inwardly wondering if that was some kind of trap.

"...Only an idiot is dumb enough to follow a man he just met..." Mimic thought, cursing himself for letting his guard down. He quickly reached for his knife, his hand grasped firmly on the hilt.

"Give him a sec." Mujin said, placing his hands in his pocket.

Engen raised his right hand, his "darkness" once again beginning to congeal in the air. A few moments later, the "substance" began to take shape, solidifying in the air, before Engen clenched his fists, crushing the darkness that had gathered in his palm. With this motion, the structure was complete, a fully functioning helicopter forming on the roof, more than large enough to fit all of them.

"...Get in." Engen said as his "darkness" dissipated.

Cato examined the aerial vehicle as he caressed his chin. He'd rather not step in immediately as there could be a second layer of some trickery, perhaps a third and more... So he proceeds to wait for the others to get in first.

Zack didn't say anything, even though he had a tight drawing in his left hand, any attempt to squash him inside that thing, and he could break free, maybe between all of them they could defeat these guys, of course, if the event comes, he's just being a bit paranoid.

Michael breathed out and smoke began to come out of the cigarette, walking forward, in no rush to get in

Alarak clapped her hands, this definitely was to her liking as she just got in

Mimic examined the vehicle cautiously, gingerly releasing his grip on his knife. Truthfully, he would have much preferred a normal helicopter, something he could easily take over if things turned sour.

"...Hope that...Micheal kid makes good on her word to bail me out..." Mimic thought, glancing over at the woman for a moment. He didn't fancy relying on someone he had just met, but...if the boss decided to betray them, she seemed like the best option to take advantage of. He hesitated for a few more moments, before taking a step towards the dark construct, his eye's quickly scanning the interior.

Due to the oddity of the helicopter's formation, she waited for others to enter before entering herself...when she did, she was hesitant...her "guardian angel" wouldn't operate as well in such a confined space...this would be the time if any of these people wanted to come for her.

"No need to be tense, missy!" Mujin said to Kiara as he slowly boarded the helicopter. "Engen won't harm you. His constructs are safe."

"Huh..."
Cato continued looking at his pendant, glancing shortly at Mimic, deducing some strange things about the man, and the Smoke Girl, Micheal.
"Attempting to escape after getting the money? How interesting... Using the soul edge perhaps? Oh it's very likely so, but I don't think Mujin would hire people just to kill them... Maybe his Soul Edge could absorb powers, so it may help him with getting more powerful... Nonsensical as it may, assumptions may help..." he thought. He didn't bother using his Soul Edge to escape, as he would've already done so if he refused to join... and yet he didn't. So, he felt comfortable in his seat as he glanced back at his pendant watch.

"Huh..."
Cato continued looking at his pendant, glancing shortly at Mimic, deducing some strange things about the man, and the Smoke Girl, Micheal.
"Attempting to escape after getting the money? How interesting... Using the soul edge perhaps? Oh it's very likely so, but I don't think Mujin would hire people just to kill them... Maybe his Soul Edge could absorb powers, so it may help him with getting more powerful... Nonsensical as it may, assumptions may help..." he thought. He didn't bother using his Soul Edge to escape, as he would've already done so if he refused to join... and yet he didn't. So, he felt comfortable in his seat as he glanced back at his pendant watch.
(Michael hasn't really revealed her soul edge yet lol)

"No need to be tense, missy!" Mujin said to Kiara as he slowly boarded the helicopter. "Engen won't harm you. His constructs are safe."
Kiara was silent, a bit less tense...but she still looked at the others with fear, just paying a little less attention to Engen.

"Huh..."
Mimic glanced at Cato for a moment, having noticed his gaze from the corner of his eye. His eyes narrowed into a glare, a scowl crossing his face.

“…might not be the only…information broker here…I should be careful…” He thought. He assumed the man could be analyzing him for useful information, something he’d often do for his own job. He hesitated for a moment before looking away from the man, going back to examining the darkness around him.

Engen gently placed his hand onto the side of the steel machine, the blades beginning to gently turn.

"It'll take a few hours for you to get to where you need to be, so, make yourselves acquainted with each other." Engen warned, "Things may also get a bit bumpy, in the sky. Try not to fall out."

Engen gently placed his hand onto the side of the steel machine, the blades beginning to gently turn.

"It'll take a few hours for you to get to where you need to be, so, make yourselves acquainted with each other." Engen warned, "Things may also get a bit bumpy, in the sky. Try not to fall out."
Cato then slowly cross his legs, pulling out a flip phone on his pocket. It was old, antic, and "not-so-in-the-norm" type of gadget.
Mimic glanced at Cato for a moment, having noticed his gaze from the corner of his eye. His eyes narrowed into a glare, a scowl crossing his face.

“…might not be the only…information broker here…I should be careful…” He thought. He assumed the man could be analyzing him for useful information, something he’d often do for his own job. He hesitated for a moment before looking away from the man, going back to examining the darkness around him.
Suspicious as Cato is to Mimic, and vice versa, he simply ignored the scowl and opened an application in his phone named "Snake". He dumbed down the volume so that the others won't hear the little beeps and boops of the game.

Antony glanced outside, watching as the drizzling rain began to wetten the roof and form puddles in between the cracks of the battered pavement.

"Still rainy..."
he muttered, keeping his attention on the raindrops that whizzed by him near the helicopter.

Back