• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw why do we consider baby pokemon inferior to normal first stage mon? why do we even use "baby pokemon"? is this an stablished thing? because right now i see 0 reason to not just scale the so called "baby pokemon" to first stage level and then upgrade the evolution to second stage

We had this conversation earlier in the thread. Baby Pokemon shouldn’t be treated any differently than other first stage Pokemon.

They'll all just fall under "At most Low 7-B" then

Though, again, what should we do about the likes of Elekid and Cranidos with their Dex entries? Would Togedemaru and Aerodactyl just be downgraded? Or would Elekid and Cranidos be upgraded?

They'll all just fall under "At most Low 7-B" then

Though, again, what should we do about the likes of Elekid and Cranidos with their Dex entries? Would Togedemaru and Aerodactyl just be downgraded? Or would Elekid and Cranidos be upgraded?
Togedemaru could be downgraded to Low 7-B (although it doesn’t actually have a profile), I don’t see any problems with that.

The Cranidos and Aerodactyl stuff is a bit more tricky though, not sure what to do there.

My gut instinct is try some sort of workaround, something like this:

At most Low 7-B, High 7-A with Headbutt | High 7-A, higher with Headbutt

My reason for this is that Cranidos and Rampardos are always noted in their Pokedex for having exceptionally tough skulls, and the Pokedex entry for Cranidos that mentions Aerodactyl even notes that it specifically uses its headbutts to combat Aerodactyl

My gut instinct is try some sort of workaround, something like this:

At most Low 7-B, High 7-A with Headbutt | High 7-A, higher with Headbutt

My reason for this is that Cranidos and Rampardos are always noted in their Pokedex for having exceptionally tough skulls, and the Pokedex entry for Cranidos that mentions Aerodactyl even notes that it specifically uses its headbutts to combat Aerodactyl
Yeah, since Cranidos is noted to have a particularly strong head, that should work.

we could try to work out some more specific scaling by checking any mention of certain species fighting often, looking at what pokemon can be found on the same route and which ones are safe to assume can fight evenly, and when in the story you come across a route with them in it, especially for legendries as has been mentioned previously

Yeah, since Cranidos is noted to have a particularly strong head, that should work.
In addition, Cranidos' head should probably be High 7-A in durability as well given that it can withstand the recoil of said headbutts

Also, this whole thing would definitely support Pokemon being FTL in all evolutionary stages, as Cranidos can keep up with Aerodactyl

Quick question but has darkrai been covered yet since we give him 2B-2A via anime scaling but he also appears in the manga which is composited in his profile which poses a few questions, ie mewtwo could hold back an attack from him

Quick question but has darkrai been covered yet since we give him 2B-2A via anime scaling but he also appears in the manga which is composited in his profile which poses a few questions, ie mewtwo could hold back an attack from him
Game Darkrai and Manga Darkrai will not be 2-B to 2-A. In fact, I wouldn’t even say Tobias’ Darkrai in the anime would be that rating. Would be a huge outlier

Only in a manga inspired by the Darkrai movie
In the Adventures manga the only thing he does is stomp Mewtwo iirc

Cool. I also like that the manga is more consistent.

Except Pryce one shotting Dialga (or is it Palkia) with Swinub

Someotimes I wonder what goes on in the minds of the anime and Manga writers

Cool. I also like that the manga is more consistent.

Except Pryce one shotting Dialga (or is it Palkia) with Swinub

Someotimes I wonder what goes on in the minds of the anime and Manga writers
i think it might have been arceus, i dont rember

With the canon split, I'm led to believe Pokken Tournament fighters should scale to Shadow Mewtwo's tier

Anyway, what is there to work on for Mainline games?
Well all the calcs in my superblog have been accepted and we’ve covered how we can address scaling anomalies that are different from the normal evolution stage scaling

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Well, besides seeing if the 6-C Abomasnow calc will go through

Well all the calcs in my superblog have been accepted and we’ve covered how we can address scaling anomalies that are different from the normal evolution stage scaling

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Well, besides seeing if the 6-C Abomasnow calc will go through
well, since you are of the calc group, thee lugia calc got recalced, maybe see if that version is more valid than the current one? it only gives a max of small country level tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back