• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Layer Evaluation Thread

Oh, Dungeons and Dragons also has a lot of layers (up to like mid-20's, maybe 30), so they should also be looked at.

@Mr._Bambu would know more.
One of the most straightforward applications of layers in the entire site.

Spell fails to affect someone based on their Saving Throw modifier. If your spell has a higher saving throw threshold, it bypasses the resistance. Ditto through all numbers.

I don't know from where you are getting the "20s" and "30", it varies based on the stat of the character/creature affected, which can be as low as 1 layer resistance for certain monsters (or none at all in the case of human commoners), to as high as 50 for epic level ones.

There's no "set" layering number.

Edit: a blog made by Bambu a while back explaining how we handle saving throws here

Spell fails to affect someone based on their Saving Throw modifier. If your spell has a higher saving throw threshold, it bypasses the resistance. Ditto through all numbers.

I don't know from where you are getting the "20s" and "30", it varies based on the stat of the character/creature affected, which can be as low as 1 layer resistance for certain monsters (or none at all in the case of human commoners), to as high as 50 for epic level ones.

Looks good to me.

Okay, let me clarify a little more. Haki can bypass resistances in some cases, sure; What I need to know is why someone's Haki getting stronger is an indicator of them suddenly gaining layered hax. For example, one of the first examples given in that thread is how Ace's Haki surpassed Draw's Haki - however, this is meaningless unless we have a feat of Ace's Haki bypassing a resistance that Draw's Haki couldn't.

You seem to be coming to the conclusion that, because there are some instances of stronger Haki equaling layered hax, that means every instance of stronger Haki is a new layer, which just... doesn't work. Just rely on actual, demonstrable examples of resistances getting bypassed and you'll be good.

Edit: a blog made by Bambu a while back explaining how we handle saving throws here
D&D is basically the poster child for how layered hax should look imo, so this is obviously fine.

Okay, let me clarify a little more. Haki can bypass resistances in some cases, sure; What I need to know is why someone's Haki getting stronger is an indicator of them suddenly gaining layered hax. For example, one of the first examples given in that thread is how Ace's Haki surpassed Draw's Haki - however, this is meaningless unless we have a feat of Ace's Haki bypassing a resistance that Draw's Haki couldn't.

You seem to be coming to the conclusion that, because there are some instances of stronger Haki equaling layered hax, that means every instance of stronger Haki is a new layer, which just... doesn't work. Just rely on actual, demonstrable examples of resistances getting bypassed and you'll be good.
Simply having greater haki grants a layers (or more depending on the case), which allows users to bypass resistances.

Law's the best example since his spatial slashes can overpower the resistance to spatial manipulation of various characters.

Haki is something that negates and grants resistance to Devil Fruit abilities, but Law is able to overpower said resistance due to his potency of spatial manipulation.

Simply having greater haki grants a layers (or more depending on the case), which allows users to bypass resistances.
Law's the best example since his spatial slashes can overpower the resistance to spatial manipulation of various characters.

Haki is something that negates and grants resistance to Devil Fruit abilities, but Law is able to overpower said resistance due to his potency of spatial manipulation.
Okay, I think this works then, especially with the first scan. Thank you.

Is this based on the old's profiles 99+ layers, or does the current profile also have layered hax? @ImmortalDread - may as well ask you, since you're Anos' favorite egirl.
The old profile had its layers based on the following text. And also because the layers themselves exist in the verse.
"Hmm. I thought I was just a little out of shape." "In this small world, which exists deeper than your small world, the power of everything is in another dimension. Strength, speed, toughness, magic power, everything. Even the resistance of a grain of air would be a weight to you. If you unleash your shallow, world-destroying magic, you will not be able to destroy a single ship here."
  • Silver Water Holy Sea: An area encompassing many "worlds" that extend outside of them. Each world exists in a hierarchy, and the deeper the world, the stronger its order, and the more powerful its inhabitants.
Tho i can explain the current layers in another post.

Guess I'll quickly drop in and post the evidence for Danny Phantom ghosts layered resistance to mind manipulation. Here is the blog I created that is currently on the verse page and being used and was accepted here. It showcases each time the hax is used, resisted and then overcome progressively through the series and has references of when the instances took place.

The old profile had its layers based on the following text. And also because the layers themselves exist in the verse.

Tho i can explain the current layers in another post.
The fact that it doesn't mention resistances at all is probably gonna lead to us trying to kill each other later down the line, but for now let's focus on what's currently being used.
Guess I'll quickly drop in and post the evidence for Danny Phantom ghosts layered resistance to mind manipulation. Here is the blog I created that is currently on the verse page and being used and was accepted here. It showcases each time the hax is used, resisted and then overcome progressively through the series and has references of when the instances took place.
I'll look at this in a bit, but I recall looking at this a while ago and finding it okay.

The fact that it doesn't mention resistances at all is probably gonna lead to us trying to kill each other later down the line,
You don't have to be a genius to prove that the god of destruction of layer 1 could not do anything against a god of destruction of layer 2 using the same power of order, and the gods themselves already have innate resistance to the power of the other gods.
but for now let's focus on what's currently being used.
Sure.
Based on WN, nothing in the page, so there is nothing to evaluate.
Don't forget the order hierarchy and the gods innate resistance to other gods abilities and they bypassing each other resistances with their orders.

Anyway i would rather not argue about maou now (since is very small as now) and leave the discussion towards the others verse with their layers.

I have a two question about layers, i can ask this here?

Does this count as layer information analysis?

Scans the mansion in search of Skull and M.O.D.O.K., which were hidden from the scanners, Tony bypasses by searching for missing or distorted information in order to track him

I ask because there will be a scaling chain since M.O.D.O.K upgrading his technopaty to hide better and Tony is still bypassing this, then there is Ultron who scale higher and is able to bypass Tony's scanners regardless of the fact that Tony has upgraded his systems multiple times in season 2 and 3

This is for other verse

what happens if a military base has 13 levels of FireWalls and a Virus easily bypassing them, will that Virus be 13-14 layers?

Gonna try and explain the Blazblue layers as best as I can, lots of the explanation revolved around understanding the lore, still in the process of scan collecting for the verse so if some statements or claims aren't fully backed up with scans, I'm still trying to look for them.

TL;DR, Valkenhayn is flat out immune to the effects of Phenomena intervention from a god like Takamagahara, who can use it against a Low 1-C structure like the boundary. In the events of Chronophantasma, there's a PI war going on between Takamagahara and Amaterasu, which affected Valkenhayn, something Rachel found to be unreal. This is mostly to establish that beings that are naturally immune to said abilities can be affected when other knowledgeable members point out the events.

In Central Fiction, the Embryo absorbs all realities into itself to create doomsday, which basically is the apocalypse. The embryo also causes Phenomena intervention on a daily basis due to its mere existence causing it as stated in Xblaze. Doomsday goes beyond even the main BB world as Naoto from a completely different reality was thrown in by Raquel because their world got destroyed by Doomsday. Same with Mu-12, who was thrown into a different reality by Noel and had to come back to the main world via a cauldron, one of the plot points in the series that talks about going through different realities, which atm are all consumed by the embryo. In said reality Mu-12 is in, Valkenhayn is again affected by it despite his immunities to believe Mu-12 is the end of all existence among many others in said reality without the proper defense, so it extends across infinite realities with the Embryo's influence against every version of Valkenhayn, plus the additional feat of Amaterasu's mere presence being able to warp the countless phenomena intervention existences into one (Shiro mentioned the Japanese text says countless and not infinite, but I don't have the JP text to verify it atm). Plus with Observation/PI being able to focus on large scale stuff like timelines or small scale events which focus down into specific individuals, something Rachel herself comments on is something insane on that magnitude of Observation, leads straight into it being the case of "affecting numerous people and focusing into one target for increased power" with increased potency. Especially when in the context a lot of this stems from someone with a natural resistance towards PI in the first place.

So the argument goes like this: Amaterasu (countless) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Embryos (infinite) >>>>>>>>>>>>> Valkenhayn (Low 1-C resistance)

Back