• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hybrid Mage Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmortalDread

Call me Dread
Username Only
VS Battles
Retired

Introduction​

I would like to propose the inclusion of a significant verse within the context of the Vs Battles community. This verse would serve to expand upon the existing narrative and potentially provide a new level of depth and complexity to the discussions and comparisons taking place within the community.

Links​

It can be argued that the cosmology in question possesses a level of power and ability that is at the highest end of the scale, potentially reaching the level of 1-A, and potentially even beyond that, making it boundless. However, it is important to note that this characterization is still subject to revision and further examination.

Credits​

The success of this project is largely due to the invaluable assistance provided by @Phoenks and @Tserriednich. Without their expertise and guidance, it would not have been possible to bring this project to fruition. Their contributions were instrumental in helping to ensure the project's success.

QnA, the novel is made for powerscaling​

The novel in question was written prior to its author's involvement in the Vs Battles community. Despite this, I have taken the initiative to provide a link to an official source within the relevant section of the community's guidelines, which states that sources are acceptable as long as they are official and not machine translated. It is worth noting that there are already examples of verses from Reddit that have been scaled in the community. And there is nothing that suggests against the inclusion of this novel.

It is also important to note that I am not in a position to make judgments about the author's personal life or intentions. Based on my reading of the first 55 chapters, the second act of the novel appears to primarily serve as historical background. With that being said, it is possible that the author's intention is to make the novel successful, and as such I am inclined to consider its inclusion within the community for the purpose of power scaling.

Guidelines​

In regards to the potential inclusion of the proposed addition to the community, it is indispensable to note that there is currently no indication that the verse in question should not be added. Furthermore, as far as my knowledge extends, it does not violate any established rules or regulations within the Vs Battles community. Additionally, it is worth mentioning that the community has a history of accepting a variety of sources, including stories from Reddit, as long as they can be deemed reliable.

It is also worth mentioning that the community has a history of accepting a variety of sources, including Chinese novels, which are frequently used for the purpose of power scaling. If there are any objections to this inclusion, they should be directed towards the community's broader guidelines and practices, rather than focusing solely on this specific verse.

Absence Note​

It is important to note that I will not be available for the duration of the workweek, from Monday to Friday. As a result, it is necessary for @Phoenks to assume responsibility for the management and maintenance of the original post during this time period.

Cosmology Notes​

• Inner and outer realm would be High 1A instead of just 1A+ for being beyond a 1A+ hierarchy
  • If the Cardinal Space is High 1-A, this also makes the 0-Sea High 1-A and Narratives High 1-A.
  • Each of the Eden Fruits contains a Narrative. There's a very large number of each of these Eden Fruits on each Branch on those Trees
  • There is a number of branches that is beyond "every conception of infinity." Low-balling, that would give us an uncountably infinite number of branches.
  • The difference between infinite and uncountably infinite is the same as the gap between High 1-A and 0, so its safe to say that value of branches closes that gap.
  • The Trees themselves should be Baseline Tier 0 in this case.
  • There's an entire Forest of these Trees. And the verse ends with the Golden Room, which transcends that.
  • 1 layer into Boundless at maximum.
  • the difference between the Cardinal and Vessel Space could be enough to argue that the Cardinal Space is High 1-A.
    The 0-Sea seems to completely separate both hierarchies from each other, with the Cardinal Space being above and transcendent to the Vessel Space, which holds an expansive 1-A+ hierarchy inside of it.

Last edited:
isn't it literally made by a debater? why would we add it
The novel in question was written prior to its author's involvement in the Vs Battles community. Despite this, I have taken the initiative to provide a link to an official source within the relevant section of the community's guidelines, which states that sources are acceptable as long as they are official and not machine translated. It is worth noting that there are already examples of verses from Reddit that have been scaled in the community. And there is nothing that suggests against the inclusion of this novel.

It is also worth mentioning that the community has a history of accepting a variety of sources, including Chinese novels, which are frequently used for the purpose of power scaling. If there are any objections to this inclusion, they should be directed towards the community's broader guidelines and practices, rather than focusing solely on this specific verse.

It is also important to note that I am not in a position to make judgments about the author's personal life or intentions. Based on my reading of the first 55 chapters, the second act of the novel appears to primarily serve as historical background. With that being said, it is possible that the author's intention is to make the novel successful, and as such I am inclined to consider its inclusion within the community for the purpose of power scaling.

Read the post above, and the verse debatably reach boundless/high 1-A

Obviously, as someone who contributed to this, I agree with the addition of Hybrid Mage.

Hybrid Mage was created before the creator, Ikari, got into powerscaling. And it also predates his TikTok account.

Feel free to ask me questions, I will do my best to answer them whether they be about the cosmology or the authors intentions.

I am not sure how the author being not into Vs Community in the beginning helps though. He is into vs debating now and he is still writing the story. He has gone so far as to scale this very same series in tiktok.

I agree with adding the verse. Especially since it supposedly predates his involvement in the powerscaling community and before his TikTok was created.

I am not sure how the author being not into Vs Community in the beginning helps though. He is into vs debating now and he is still writing the story. He has gone so far as to scale this very same series in tiktok.
It is unclear how this information is relevant to the current discussion, and I respectfully submit that the same argument could be applied to the SCP verse, as it was not initially intended for scaling, but has since been utilized for that purpose.

The verse in question could/can be added in accordance with established guidelines as it is explicated in OP.

I with all respect request that my previous statement be given careful consideration.

The chapters he's been writing since his TikTok blew up actually have very limited involvement in any cosmology or scaling aspects unlike what it was in the beginning.

Also, there's plenty of authors who still write their series while knowing about it's involvement in powerscaling. A big one would be certain SCP writers.

Well, I have contributed to the project, so naturally, I agree with the addition of The Hybrid Mage.

Well Phoenks and Dread already gave all of the points needed, but it is also important to mention that the author spent 6 months planning the whole story without even releasing 1 chapter, and like how Phoenks have mentioned The Hybrid Mage was created before the Author got into power scaling.

Proof of this?
Of what exactly? The Chinese Powerscaling-boarding community, of which a majority of Chinese authors are cognizant, has been the subject of a heated debate (the link is in the OP, but manifestly, you dismissed it)

Despite this, which purports to indicate that certain factors do not hold significance, I am unable to comprehend the relevance of this topic in the current context.

The community in question has implemented a hierarchical system for categorizing and organizing the verses in question, which is commonly understood as a method for determining relative power levels.

I understand that this is not the primary argument being presented, however, I would like to point out that disregarding or dismissing a verse solely based on the reputation or previous works of the author, without considering the merit of the verse itself, may be considered a flawed approach.

It is important to maintain an objective and impartial perspective when evaluating and interpreting the evidence presented, rather than allowing personal biases to influence one's judgement.

Let's not derail this thread.

my take here tbh, him not being involved before he wrote this story is void if he is now affiliated to power scaling and have knowledge of such. And as far as i know he's still writing the story which can inevitably affect the powerlevels of the verse once he know his verse is now added to vsbw

The community in question has implemented a hierarchical system for categorizing and organizing the verses in question, which is commonly understood as a method for determining relative power levels.

I understand that this is not the primary argument being presented, however, I would like to point out that disregarding or dismissing a verse solely based on the reputation or previous works of the author, without considering the merit of the verse itself, may be considered a flawed approach.

It is important to maintain an objective and impartial perspective when evaluating and interpreting the evidence presented, rather than allowing personal biases to influence one's judgement.

Let's not derail this thread.
Why are you linking Suggsverse when I asked source for the SCP thing?

Disagree FRA.

Also, I don't care about all this whataboutthism with Chinese verses or SCP. If they have cases with authors being involved into vs debating, then those verses/stores should also not be included on the wiki.
It appears that your reasoning for rejecting the evidence in question is based on your personal preferences and does not align with the established guidelines for evaluating and interpreting verses within the VsBattle community.

These guidelines permit the consideration of such evidence. If you disagree with the guidelines or believe that they are inadequate, it would be appropriate to initiate a discussion or propose changes to the system rather than disregarding them.

Disagree FRA.

Also, I don't care about all this whataboutthism with Chinese verses or SCP. If they have cases with authors being involved into vs debating, then those verses/stores should also not be included on the wiki.
You should read my comment above, I literally quoted the author's words into my reply.

my take here tbh, him not being involved before he wrote this story is void if he is now affiliated to power scaling and have knowledge of such. And as far as i know he's still writing the story which can inevitably affect the powerlevels of the verse once he know his verse is now added to vsbw
Meh, he himself said he does not care at all. He only commented on VSBW when it was hot topic here, which would be rather “reaction”. Otherwise, nothing suggests this take's validity. Once again, when he started writing the novel, he was not in the community and took 6 months without releasing anything.

The dumb whataboutism should stop. Also dunno why quoting the author is relevant here. Obviously he will say that he doesn't care. But anyway, I am not sure whether powerscaling verses are allowed. Because verses like AWLBA are allowed while verses like Deluge of the abyss were removed for the same reason. It's a pretty double standards area. So dunno ask the mods or something.

Of what exactly? The Chinese Powerscaling-boarding community, of which a majority of Chinese authors are cognizant, has been the subject of a heated debate (the link is in the OP, but manifestly, you dismissed it)

Despite this, which purports to indicate that certain factors do not hold significance, I am unable to comprehend the relevance of this topic in the current context.
I read many chinese novels and most of them are not for powerscaling. Just because few are (like blue and white series ) doesn't mean all of them are. I want a more concreate proof of your claim that chainese novels are used for powerscaling.

I appreciate your acknowledgment, @Darksmash. Additionally, I would like to remind you that I had previously provided a link, which outlined the standards and criteria for evaluating the evidence in question, and that this link was discussed and clarified by community members Antvasima and Sir_Ovens. Therefore, I believe it would be beneficial to shift the focus of the conversation to the work in question, and I would welcome any constructive feedback that you may have to offer.

I read many chinese novels and most of them are not for powerscaling. Just because few are (like blue and white series ) doesn't mean all of them are. I want a more concreate proof of your claim that chainese novels are used for powerscaling.
I appreciate your gratitude, however, it is my understanding that we have differing perspectives on this matter.

Additionally, I would like to clarify that I did not intend to imply that you have generalized your statements, rather, I would like to acknowledge that you have mentioned that there are certain Chinese novels that have been included in the community, and that these novels have been acknowledged to have a powerscaling purpose.

It is my understanding that these novels have been added, and that the community allows for the inclusion of such literature. At this time, I am not interested in engaging in further debate on this matter, but rather focusing on the current work.

There isn't any definite proof of author of blue and white series being a powerscaler. For all we know he couls've just been a mathematiction. While this guy literally does the powerscaling on TikTok. You see the difference?

It is unclear how this information is relevant to the current discussion, and I respectfully submit that the same argument could be applied to the SCP verse, as it was not initially intended for scaling, but has since been utilized for that purpose.

The verse in question could/can be added in accordance with established guidelines as it is explicated in OP.

I with all respect request that my previous statement be given careful consideration.
Not sure what SCP has to do with this verse. The author posted a video with vswiki tiering system and scaled his characters and cosmology to Tier 0. The argument that he started with no knowledge or intention of making a battleboarding series is irrelevant when he spams infinte^infinite cosmology. Surely, you understand the problem with that when your scans are like this?
“From what we know, Ethos seems to transcend and bypass every law, concept, dimension, principle, platonic/true platonic concept, etc to ever exist. Except for one rule. Nova what is this one rule?”

Or these:
“We all exist inside a Universe and Timeline that is not only infinite in size but is also a part of an infinitely expanding Multiverse. With every passing nanosecond, a whole new infinite universe and timeline is created and added to this Multiverse.”

“You can sit down Shion. I'll take it from here.” She said, turning to the board.
“Now class, pay close attention. This infinitely expanding Multiverse however is not the end. It is housed within one of the countless different constructs called Realities. These Realities also expand at the same rate as the Multiverses they each house within themselves. Realities expand at the same rate because every Nanosecond a new Multiverse also appears, leading to a Reality holding an infinitely increasing number of Multiverses.”

She continued writing on the board facing away from the class.

“Now, are there more Realities out there?” She said, pausing for a moment. “Nova?”

I was broken out of my daydream by Miss Skyline to answer the annoying question.

“Yes,” I replied, sounding very tired. “Many, many more.”

Miss Skyline continued explaining and writing.

“Not only are these Realities expanding at an infinite rate to house more and more Multiverses, but the number of Realities is not finite but in fact Infinite. But is this the end? No.” She said.

“However seemingly impossible this is all contained within another construct.” Vana Skyline continued. “Outside all of this is a construct known as The Beyond. The Beyond houses all the Realities standing above and completely transcending them.
Ah yes this is the plane where our so-called God of Ethereal’s dwells if I’m not mistaken

“This is actually where Viro Cosmos himself resides watching over us all.” Miss Skyline said.

“There is one more construct, however.”
The saying, there’s always a bigger fish, suddenly came to mind.
“Discovered by Viro Cosmos himself about 80 years ago, outside the realm of The Beyond and all these constructs exists another plane called simply The Null.”
Sounds ominous I know.
“The Null, in some inconceivable way, seems to be larger and more infinite than the infinity of The Beyond and the Actual Infinity that is the number of Realities.
The Null seems to act like its own Reality of sorts that houses The Beyond, all the Realities and the infinitely expanding Multiverses, universes and timelines however nothing exists within this plane. Not a single cell, particle, atom, etc yet it is somehow a plane of existence. This is because it’s a plane completely made from Ethos itself. This Ethos however destroys anything that encounters it. Even such things as Space, Time, Concepts, principles among other things. Because of this, although he discovered its existence, not even Viro Cosmos himself can enter The Null. It’s a mystery as it holds nothing but an Ethos that can destroy anything that it touches while also being more infinite than every construct ever conceived.”
She then paused for dramatic affect.
“While there’s still a lot we don’t know about our cosmos, one thing that we do know for sure is that each of these different dimensions don’t have the same dimensionality and or status of existence although some of you may have figured that out. Like a hierarchy, each dimension is higher than the last, with a regular universe at the bottom, then a Multiverse, then a Reality, then the Beyond before finally The Null being the highest realm currently known. It should also be noted that the very concept and principles of Space - Time only stretch up to the Realities. In other words The Beyond is completely transcendent over those concepts in every sense of the word. So if somehow any of you reach such realm don't bother using any spatial or temporal abilities you may have as nothing will happen and you'll look like an idiot."

These are info dumped in Ch 2. So, we know that the author knows about Vswiki tiering, we know that he scales his series in the same tiering system and we have these battleboarding scans.

If the verse is still being expanded by a powerscaler then I see no reason to add it. Regardless of it's original publishing, if it's just a powerscaler's project currently then I'm not comfortable with it being added here at all.

Also respectfully, f*ck off with the whataboutisms. Can't speak for Blue & White but the majority or Xianxia or Xuanhuan novels here have authors who don't even have the concept of battleboarding in their minds.

If the verse is still being expanded by a powerscaler then I see no reason to add it. Regardless of it's original publishing, if it's just a powerscaler's project currently then I'm not comfortable with it being added here at all.

Also respectfully, f*ck off with the whataboutisms. Can't speak for Blue & White but the majority or Xianxia or Xuanhuan novels here have authors who don't even have the concept of battleboarding in their minds.
I understand that I may not have personal experience or knowledge with regards to the specific Blue and White series mentioned, however, it has been brought to my attention that the literature in question has been allowed within the community, and that the verse has been included. Furthermore, it has been noted that the author of the literature in question was aware of the powerscaling aspect.

It is my suggestion that in order to maintain consistency and fairness, we should either reject the notion of double standards and whataboutism or accept both.

Also, I won't “**** off”, be respectful here, Planck. I came to peace, not to war. I never thought of adding it till Ant and Sir Oven demonstrated it once again in that verse discussion.

I understand that I may not have personal experience or knowledge with regards to the specific Blue and White series mentioned, however, it has been brought to my attention that the literature in question has been allowed within the community, and that the verse has been included. Furthermore, it has been noted that the author of the literature in question was aware of the powerscaling aspect.
Then they should be checked more thoroughly. Not that I can think of any but I haven't been as involved with Tier 1 lately.
It is my suggestion that in order to maintain consistency and fairness, we should either reject the notion of double standards and whataboutism or accept both.
Sure. Then we'll look at verses currently on the wiki with authors that are confirmed powerscalers who make the verse for that purpose alone and delete them.
Also, I won't “**** off”, be respectful here, Planck. I came to peace, not to war. I never thought of adding it till Ant and Sir Oven demonstrated it once again in that verse discussion.
You doubled down on an extremely erroneous assumption about the works I, Zaratthustra, Nepuko, Setsuna, XDragnoir etc. have worked to put on the site. It is irritating and I was telling you to stop with that. Granted, I could've been more polite about it, I will admit.

So, given the arguments made, it seems the bigger issue at hand here is the double standards for other verses that have been involved in powerscaling.

And also the rules regarding verses that have involvement in powerscaling. Is there any official ruling against such series?

Are we back to the same tinfoil argument that 140 million chinese vswiki users are funding chinese powerscaling scene by funding the chinese novel writers? If you have proof that Blue and White series has a situation similar as Hybrid Mage then it too should be removed rather than digging the hole deeper by adding more series.

Then they should be checked more thoroughly. Not that I can think of any but I haven't been as involved with Tier 1 lately.

Sure. Then we'll look at verses currently on the wiki with authors that are confirmed powerscalers who make the verse for that purpose alone and delete them.
Not that I am interested, but if you have cold heart to remove people's work and enorm of time they consumed to make the project, sure go ahead.
You doubled down on an extremely erroneous assumption about the works I, Zaratthustra, Nepuko, Setsuna, XDragnoir etc. have worked to put on the site. It is irritating and I was telling you to stop with that. Granted, I could've been more polite about it, I will admit.
I understand that you may also be frustrated with assumptions being made regarding the author's intentions in the novel in question, particularly as you have invested time and effort in researching and creating pages for it. I empathize with your position and acknowledge that my perspective may not fully align with yours. However, I would like to remind you that it is important to consider multiple perspectives and strive for mutual understanding when engaging in discussions or debates.
Are we back to the same tinfoil argument that 140 million chinese vswiki users are funding chinese powerscaling scene by funding the chinese novel writers? If you have proof that Blue and White series has a situation similar as Hybrid Mage then it too should be removed rather than digging the hole deeper by adding more series.
When constructing an argument that pertains to the author's personal work or intention, the value or popularity of the work should not be considered as a determining factor. The quality or quantity of the work, whether it be a 1 billion dollar worth or widely read literature, is not relevant to the argument being presented that the novel can be added after the aspect of powerscaling purpose exists within the series.

It is important to note that in certain contexts, such as in China, the number of readers or viewers can be easily manipulated and should not be taken as an indicator of the work's merit.

Therefore, it is crucial to focus on the author's personal work or intention and not be swayed by external factors.
And also the rules regarding verses that have involvement in powerscaling. Is there any official ruling against such series?
Also, I love how everyone ignored this, but are there any rules? I have linked a discussion where it sounds that the novel can be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back