• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hybrid Mage Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insults are unnecessary. I do my duty to carry a massive amount of people on my shoulders year in and year out without any pay or true vacation time whatsoever. Some minor gratitude for even having this community in the first place wouldn't hurt.

All this thread is telling me is that we need to seriously better monitor new verses for notability, if people are entering foreign verses where such information is not immediately obvious.

We can't have a VS Debater's verse on here. Given the OP seems to imply that this stuff is basically guaranteed to be Tier 0, I'm not certain I believe the convenient reality where the author conveniently only joined shortly after beginning to write. It takes... very specific verbiage to reach a certain level of tier.

We have had such discussions before, like when Cal's webcomic released. It certainly isn't an unspoken rule, though perhaps it ought to be written down if it wasn't. Bureaucracy has a habit of obfuscating such shit. So, the solution is simple: clarify rules of notability, and rules of "No debater's personal work allowed".
Yes, this is reasonable.

Insults are unnecessary. I do my duty to carry a massive amount of people on my shoulders years in and year out without any true vacation tiem whatsoever. Some minor gratitude for even having this community in the first place wouldn't hurt.
🗿Ant you're blowing this out of proportion in the wrong place. I wasn't insulting you.

A Wild Last Boss isn't even that bad, sure it mentions infinite alot and goes on about how they are outside logic and can do anything, and a bunch of ridiculous sounding cosmological feats, but that because it is based on how children in the playground 'debate' not on communities such as ours.

It only sounds as bad as the likes of Suggsverse to people who have no actual knowledge and only repeated it from other sources who clearly have a bone to pick with any type of fiction that doesn't adhere to strict logic and make false comparisons to paint it in a bad light.

Lmao this reminds me of how defensive the author always gets whenever someone says that his novel is unofficial. (also yes he follows me, but no, he isn't my friend, I even said here I hate his novel and only really agreed because I wanted to debunk others.)
Like here and here and here.

I have more examples that's just one

Anyway, should we finally close this thread now?

Okay then. I did not know what it meant, so I just looked it up.

I think maybe the fact that the author made a video on the wiki himself makes it clear it's almost targeting.
Ehhh. If it's a small time author, recognizing the powerscaling community isn't bad per se, and marking it as such is a bad take. Marvel and DC recognize powerscaling very much, as do many anime writers, I believe.

The problem is, again, how specifically his work adheres to VS Battles tiering philosophies, and the proximity of when he claims to have actually started writing and when he claims to have actually interacted with powerscaling. It's all too convenient for my tastes.

Ehhh. If it's a small time author, recognizing the powerscaling community isn't bad per se, and marking it as such is a bad take. Marvel and DC recognize powerscaling very much, as do many anime writers, I believe.

The problem is, again, how specifically his work adheres to VS Battles tiering philosophies, and the proximity of when he claims to have actually started writing and when he claims to have actually interacted with powerscaling. It's all too convenient for my tastes.
That's fair enough, sorry, I didn't mean to make it seem like I was generalising all authors who recognise scaling communities.

But yes, your latter point I 100% agree with.

Yes, like said above awlba has its own plot and clear goal as an officially published LN. Towards the end is where it's like a parody, described as a children's playground, stuff like that. The characters aren't exaggerated in that manner beforehand at all

Anyway I think this could probably be closed at this point tbh

The difference between infinite and uncountably infinite is the same as the gap between High 1-A and 0, so its safe to say that value of branches closes that gap.
I thought the difference between infinite and uncountable infinite is a weak limit while High 1-A and 0 is a strong limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back