• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hybrid Mage Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the verse is still being expanded by a powerscaler then I see no reason to add it. Regardless of it's original publishing, if it's just a powerscaler's project currently then I'm not comfortable with it being added here at all.
That's one of the main qualifiers on the site though. Notability outside powerscaling and battleboarding communities.
I completely disagree with this verse addition as its notoriety doesn't exist outside of the "vs" wikis and battleboarding communities. It solely exist on these grounds.

If you take its Voyce.me count you have 52k views, 790 likes and 412 followers which I would say is enough to get another series added - could be an argument to add it but not when the author continues to be a debater/scaler of his own novel - which is still ongoing, that creates a way to just simply add even higher cosmology/powers, etc which then are added on the wiki by the fans.

He can say that his novel was created before being a debater, which can be true but also a lie as the basis of this thing is his words. He could be telling the truth but without power scaling the series, it woldn't have been where it is right now. At the same time, he could be lying and made it for power scaling and then once it got traction say it was made not with that intention. Both version could be true but you don't see people talking about its story but about its Tiktok scaling video about Hybrid Mage which became a talk on different Discord servers too.

The novel started even worse as I remember reading several chapters when it all just started - the powers, the scaling, and the dialogue, prose, etc looked like it was writen by a power scaler and not by someone who created it first as a story and second as a power creep. It just doesn't help his case.

Short: Disagree, as the verse only exists on the notoriety of battleboarding. The author is a debate/scaler that is working on this series - making videos of its tiering.

Ps. Don't put all the chinese novels on the same branch as Blue and White verse which is more of a fanfiction (from my perspective) than anything (I didn't participate in its talks, and will not participate). The rest of the webnovels on the wiki have coherent stories, world-building, unique settings, and characters that aren't using X Naruto characters, Y DC settings, etc. Sure not all are that good in prose and development of its characters but are original series that are published not with intention of power scaling.
He made videos of himself scaling it.
64 actually so ~780 views per chapter
Based on all of the above, I very strongly disagree with allowing this verse to this wiki, as its notability is extremely minimal (even my old fanfiction story received far more views than that), and it seems to be a fan creation that was designed for maximising tiering statistics. An extremely strong reject to this as far as I am concerned. We have the FC/OC wiki for good reasons.

@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz

Your input would be very appreciated here.

Based on all of the above, I very strongly disagree with allowing this verse to this wiki, as its notability is extremely minimal (even my old fanfiction story received far more views than that), and it seems to be a fan creation that was designed for maximising tiering statistics. An extremely strong reject to this as far as I am concerned. We have the FC/OC wiki for good reasons.
I agree that the verse does not appear notable enough to add to the wiki.

@Planck69

What is AWLBA? Also, do you and others here think that The Blue and White verse is inappropriate as well, and if so, why?
A Wild Last Boss Appeared. It does seem to meet the notoriety standards of the site and while it does use a lot of battleboard lingo, we've just established that apparently that isn't against the rules. So, I'm not sure we can reject those or even this verse if we want to be internally consistent. Plus, AWLBA can be pretty cringy but its at least not written by a self-professed powerscaler AFAIK.

Isn't AWLBA an officially published manga of visual novel with a much greater amount of readers than just at most 780 (in case none of the visitors have reloaded the pages, and as such fed the visits counter)?

Isn't AWLBA an officially published manga of visual novel with a much greater amount of readers than just at most 780 (in case none of the visitors have reloaded the pages, and as such fed the visits counter)?
It is. Which is why I said that it meets our standards of notoriety but it waxes a lot poetic on making its characters as strong as possible (though tbf, a good chunk of web novels we have do that) but that it's apparently not grounds to deny a page here as per our own rules.

Well, it is more the combination of several more extreme issues that seem to strongly disqualify Hybrid Mage from being featured here.

Okay, but isn't it very popular and officially published? That also seems like a much less severe case.

Yeah. I was mostly waiting for the debate on Hybrid Mage's notoriety to wrap up. Arceus0x apparently said that its 50,000 viewers were cumulative over 68 chapters so that might remove its qualifications on that front, on top of the amount of info-dump battleboard word vomit.

Yeah. I was mostly waiting for the debate on Hybrid Mage's notoriety to wrap up. Arceus0x apparently said that its 50,000 viewers were cumulative over 68 chapters so that might remove its qualifications on that front, on top of the amount of info-dump battleboard word vomit.
64*

exactly a stack

People consider tens of thousands of views to be something that is popular? Never mind fanfiction or YouTube views, their are threads on this site that alone have tens of thousands of views.
Based on which guideline are you stating this?
Is there a fixed value that I am not aware of it?

People consider tens of thousands of views to be something that is popular? Never mind fanfiction or YouTube views, their are threads on this site that alone have tens of thousands of views.
Yes, and this is something that at the absolutely very best had 780 visitors in sum total.

Based on which guideline are you stating this?
Is there a fixed value that I am not aware of it?
There is no fixed value, but we do have notability rules, and have to use common sense in this regard. My apologies, but not every suggestion gets accepted for me either.

Again, are you guys add new rules I am not aware of? I am still waiting for the rule that states the value.

The whole community would like to know this, and if it is unspoken rule, I would be happily make staff thread about this.

There is no fixed value, but we do have notability rules, and have to use common sense in this regard. My apologies, but not every suggestion gets accepted for me either.
The common sense that you are referring is subjective Ant, you used your own fanfiction value to compare to this one. Do we apply this comparison to every web novel?

The website of this novel is official and copyrighted to its owner.

Again, are you guys add new rules I am not aware of? I am still waiting for the rule that states the value.

The whole community would like to know this, and if it is unspoken rule, I would be happily make staff thread about this.
Visit the following page and search for all mentions of "notab" please.

what if we do make a fixed value? It could vary depending on the type of media.

Visit the following page and search for all mentions of "notab" please.

Done. Did not see any standards that suggests against the verse addition.

But never mind, this will be a staff thread since I am hearing it for the first time that the webnovels need to be higher than your fanfictions's viewers.

Lmao. The reach. If less than a thousand unique viewers for the whole series is notable I should be stacked from my creative endeavors.
what if we do make a fixed value? It could vary depending on the type of media.

It’s just gonna be a random value so what for? Just use common sense.

The common sense that you are referring is subjective Ant, you used your own fanfiction value to compare to this one. Do we apply this comparison to every web novel?
It doesn't matter. Our rules are intentionally left vague/unspecific in this regard to allow us to use our common sense, I would appreciate if you will not continue to be difficult about this issue, as it would set a terrible precedent for our wiki to allow something like this.

Anyway, I am extremely tired and overworked, and need to go to sleep early tonight in order to help me recover, but I place as strong a rejection as is within my authority to apply for this suggestion, and am not going to change my mind this time. My apologies. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sure though, I will create a staff thread about this unspoken rule. I think no one will be against this. 👍

Bruh, I know notoriety is subjective but when;

• The author is a TikTok powerscaler
  • The novel is rife with vs debating lingo.
  • It has less than 1k reads.

Something's up.
And you reminded me of something, the author's status sounds relevant. I will add this to my thread's notes.

Unsure what is "unofficial website" means. It has many definitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back