• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hybrid Mage Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done. Did not see any standards that suggests against the verse addition.

But never mind, this will be a staff thread since I am hearing it for the first time that the webnovels need to be higher than your fanfictions's viewers.
I hoped that you wouldn't be relentlessly persistent to create any major ongoing problems about this, as pushing through a particularly favored verse of yours is not worth causing long-term damage to our wiki as a whole.

"The VS Battles Wiki is, first and foremost, a fictional character indexing site. All featured characters in our profiles should originate from actual stories, from works that are reasonably notable or popular outside of versus debating communities. A story includes a plot, a fictional setting, and having a defined canon. At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world."

"Low-powered characters are allowed to be featured here as long as the characters come from popular/notable verses that are overall worthy of indexing, they are important to their stories, and the profiles are reliable and well-made, although sitcom characters, ones from more realistic romantic comedies, and similar should be avoided. This wiki's main purpose is to index characters, not to feature fights between them."

"Music video files are permitted as long as they tell a coherent story with definite feats, alongside following our standards of stage personas, canon and notability."

"Do not add any original or fan-made characters to the wiki. If you wish to create any original/fan-made character profiles, feel free to do so in the FC/OC wiki. "Original" here refers to relatively obscure characters from self-contained stories created by members and their friends, whereas "fan-made" refers to ones appearing within fanfiction or works containing a sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission."

I do admit that we may need some stronger worded and easier to understand rules in this regard though. I am always very overworked, so it is hard to catch absolutely every single exploitable flaw in our system.

Sure though, I will create a staff thread about this unspoken rule. I think no one will be against this. 👍
You are not allowed to do so, as it would cause damage to our wiki as a whole if you relentlessly create a massive ruckus to greatly lessen our safeguards. We do have rules regarding this issue, just not ones that seem sufficiently self-evident to understand. Hence, we need to tighten the weak spot in our system, not crack it open.

Dread should be allowed to create a staff thread addressing unclear wiki directives, it's not gonna cause any damage to address faulty wording in rules.

If you don't want someone to make a thread on it then clarify the rules like they should be so people know what is and isn't allowed on the site instead of whining about the potential damage it'll cause.

You are not allowed to do so, as it would cause damage to our wiki as a whole if you relentlessly create a massive ruckus to greatly lessen our safeguards. We do have rules regarding this issue, just not ones that seem sufficiently self-evident to understand. Hence, we need to tighten the weak spot in our system, not crack it open.
this👇
Dread should be allowed to create a staff thread addressing unclear wiki directives, it's not gonna cause any damage to address faulty wording in rules.

If you don't want someone to make a thread on it then clarify the rules like they should be so people know what is and isn't allowed on the site instead of whining about the potential damage it'll cause.

she should be allowed to do that. She shouldn't delete any rules she should simply talk about the topic and make some guidelines which everyone can follow, effectively fixing the "weak spot"

Mind quoting the rules? I don't see them, Ant. Also I will obviously won't create it without discussing with many staff members

Yeah no, I disagree with this.

*******. 780 views. My fanfic and even novels I wrote when I was 10 had more than this.

Not to mention, I have no clue how people are somehow fine with this dude being a powerscaler. Unlike AWLBA, or Blue and White series, none of their authors were revealed to be a powerscaler that literally makes powerscaling vids, like this dude. At least, I don't recall them being powerscalers.

Outside of my previous post, I do vehemently disagree with the addition of this verse on the site.

If this can be allowed on the site, then my novels and other stories should also be allowed on this site. Which obviously they wouldn't be.

Anyway, the thread can be closed and thanks for everyone.

The staff thread will be created next weekend, after discussing with many trusted staff members.

Making rules more clear to everyone is not damage, rather it will be easier to be abused by many members including staff members.

Also, what is damage of adding unspoken rule to Wiki? It is a rule, there is no damage on adding it unless there is some reasons for it.

Yeah no, I disagree with this.

*******. 780 views. My fanfic and even novels I wrote when I was 10 had more than this.

Not to mention, I have no clue how people are somehow fine with this dude being a powerscaler. Unlike AWLBA, or Blue and White series, none of their authors were revealed to be a powerscaler that literally makes powerscaling vids, like this dude. At least, I don't recall them being powerscalers.
780 per chapter doe

Damn, no need to flex. This is still a success for every beginner.

I will close this thread then.

However, it is called a staff forum for a reason. Regular members are not supposed to freely create threads there without any oversight, especially not ones that our bureaucrats consider destructive, and I do not appreciate when anybody seems to intend to worsen our wiki's safeguards.

I will pretty sure ask staff members to do it instead. Like last time, and @Antvasima you saw my intentions at the end. It got successfully accepted.

Yap. I am pretty open minded and will accept the outcome even if it is negative to my perspective. But a following staff thread will be created next weekend.
I still officially forbid you from doing so. I don't want to be forced to spend ten to twenty hours arguing against you relentlessly trying to push through an extremely destructive change when my health and sleep are already suffering due to overwork.

If you wish to create better worded and stronger rules in this area, that is obviously a very different issue.

Ant it's not a destructive change ffs.

It's someone trying to get unclear rules clarified.

It is going to cause damage if she wants us to completely remove our safeguards against extremely non-notable unofficial fan works.

How is making rules clear is destructive? Also, you saw AKM respectfully accepted my draft. How it was destructive? Ant, you are now letting me think that my work is going for no reasons

Ant it's not a destructive change ffs.

It's someone trying to get unclear rules clarified.
I'm alright with a thread to discuss having clearer standards regarding these situations.
Clarifying our rules is a very different things from completely removing them. The latter would turn into a nightmare for me to be forced to deal with.

It is going to cause damage if she wants us to completely remove our safeguards against extremely non-notable unofficial fan works.
That's not what she said she was going to do. I know Dread, she wouldn't try to get entire rules removed just to push a verse onto the wiki.

She's just going to make a thread to get unclear rules clarified so we don't have this situation again.

I am not removing... ? I am doing it better, like last staff thread? What?

How is making rules clear is destructive? Also, you saw AKM respectfully accepted my draft. How it was destructive? Ant, you are now letting me think that my work is going for no reasons
Well, to avoid misunderstandings, do you intend to help us to write just as strong or stronger rules as currently that are simply more coherent and easier to understand, or do you wish to remove them so we allow obscure and unofficial fan works similar to the one that you wanted accepted here?

Well, to avoid misunderstandings, do you intend to help us to write just as strong or stronger rules as currently that are simply more coherent and easier to understand, or do you wish to remove them so we allow obscure and unofficial fan works similar to the one that you wanted accepted here?
The former obviously

That's not what she said she was going to do. I know Dread, she wouldn't try to get entire rules removed just to push a verse onto the wiki.

She's just going to make a thread to get unclear rules clarified so we don't have this situation again.
Okay. I apologise if I have been overreacting then. I just don't want our wiki to get swarmed by web novels with less than a thousand views just because I am far too overworked here and IRL in combination to be able to argue against it properly.

It's just a clarification thread. She doesn't actually want to go "we should remove X rules so I can add my verse". Because there are no rules about this to remove yet.

People need to stop mentioning AWLBA with these other series, AWLBA has an official LN and manga.

It gets a lot of criticism/attention for stuff that happens at the end of the series, but outside that it's a relatively normal series, the end is just meant to be a parody, you can dislike it, but don't compare it to a series with less than a 1000 views made with power scaling intentions.

I am fine with clarifying our rules though.

It's just a clarification thread. She doesn't actually want to go "we should remove X rules so I can add my verse". Because there are no rules about this to remove yet.
Well, we do have some rules, as I showed above, but they are very brief and need to be expanded.

All this thread is telling me is that we need to seriously better monitor new verses for notability, if people are entering foreign verses where such information is not immediately obvious.

We can't have a VS Debater's verse on here. Given the OP seems to imply that this stuff is basically guaranteed to be Tier 0, I'm not certain I believe the convenient reality where the author conveniently only joined shortly after beginning to write. It takes... very specific verbiage to reach a certain level of tier.

We have had such discussions before, like when Cal's webcomic released. It certainly isn't an unspoken rule, though perhaps it ought to be written down if it wasn't. Bureaucracy has a habit of obfuscating such shit. So, the solution is simple: clarify rules of notability, and rules of "No debater's personal work allowed".

Anyway, should we close this thread now then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back