• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable & Infinite: Deep Sea Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do not think that it seems realistic to get anything more out of this thread, but that's just me.

Yep. Manipulating distance can give you speed up to Infinite; it's very different from being in a spaceless place (just like how you can be Infinite speed through time acceleration).

Yep. Manipulating distance can give you speed up to Infinite; it's very different from being in a spaceless place (just like how you can be Infinite speed through time acceleration).
I’m sorry but I sortve disagree with this based on my previous reply about it above.

For infinite speed via manipulating distance to move instantly, that’s shortening the distance that would be traveled so that the speed becomes infinite.

I’m not understanding how if you are moving in a place where instead of distance being shortened or manipulated, its just flat out non-existent, it wouldn’t be a better example of infinite speed.

Same reason speeding up to Infinity isn't moving in a timeless place.

By manipulating distance you can move from point A to point B instantly; spaceless place lacks any point A or B to begin with.

Isn’t speeding up to infinity just infinitely increasing your speed?

And thats sortve the point. With no distance being present in the spaceless area, if your able to freely move inside of it, then distance normally isn’t applicable to your movements because there’s no point A or point A to move from or to move to. It would be impossible to move unless your movement isn’t bound by distance.

I’ll also be referring to Cronus again for this since we currently accept him removing distance as infinite speed too. So we acknowledge the removal of distance = infinite speed as it stands.

Removing it via hax, skill or ability does give that rating yes

Moving on a place where time/distance is non existance does not give that rating.

I don't really know how to explain it well tbh. To me it's just obvious why no point A or B means it can't be measured (it's litteraly the equivalent of Infinite speed via timeless place). I think someone else would be able to formulate things better.
Also for the "speeding up infinitely" I was more referring to MiH special case.

Timeless Voids, i.e. areas within a setting that lack time or exist outside of the flow of time, cannot be used to grant Infinite speed. One might be tempted to apply Speed = Distance/Time and say that time equals 0 in this situation, thus moving through this type of void should result in Infinite speed. However, in a Timeless Void, time does not exist, making Time = Not Applicable.

So in short, Time = Nonexistent or Not Applicable and Distance/Time = Undefined and cannot be determined under these conditions.

this is already covered on the speed page

Timeless Voids, i.e. areas within a setting that lack time or exist outside of the flow of time, cannot be used to grant Infinite speed. One might be tempted to apply Speed = Distance/Time and say that time equals 0 in this situation, thus moving through this type of void should result in Infinite speed. However, in a Timeless Void, time does not exist, making Time = Not Applicable.

So in short, Time = Nonexistent or Not Applicable and Distance/Time = Undefined and cannot be determined under these conditions.

this is already covered on the speed page
This isn’t what I’m referring to at all. My argument isn’t referring to time as I know timeless voids doesn’t give infinite speed like we agreed on.

My argument currently is talking about spaceless areas, not timeless ones.

Spaceless isn't infinite for the same reason timeless isn't either. You can't apply the speed formula if you don't know time or distance, so in a place where no such thing as space even exists, there wouldn't be a distance to get.

Then why do we accept removing distances and moving through them (which the speed formula can’t be applied tome either) as infinite speed?

Spaceless areas are exactly the same as that, if not more.

Since there does not seem to be anything left to do here, can I close this thread now?

Okay so again, why is removing distance to attack an opponent accepted as infinite speed in the first place?
I do not think that it automatically is accepted as infinite speed. It depends from case to case.

Infinite speed mean moving an infinite distance in a finite amount of time or moving a finite distance in literally zero amount of time.

It would need its own CRT anyway, so that people knowledgeable on Saint Seiya explain why Cronus case would warrant this speed.

It would need its own CRT anyway, so that people knowledgeable on Saint Seiya explain why Cronus case would warrant this speed.
This I’m fine with. I’m not trying to be difficult or anything here so I apologize for that, I just genuinely don’t understand how removing/erasing distance in anyway wouldn’t be infinite speed when we already acknowledge it as that.

So either it is infinite speed or Cronus needs to be downgraded/explained. Either or.

Last edited:
I do not mind better explanations of course, but can somebody remind me which verse are we talking about here please?

For now Cronus from Saint Seiya.

Currently, he has infinite attack speed for removing and manipulating distance to attack opponents instantly. So at the moment, we accept the removal of distance as a way to achieve infinite speed.

However, part of this discussion further above is saying Distance being removed wouldn’t warrant infinite speed. And this confusion is making me ask why it was accepted as such in the first place for Cronus.

So we would need to either accept it as infinite speed, or a CRT as Yuri said needs to be made for Cronus to downgrade
or explain why he has it.

Isn't Cronus the literal embodiment of time in Saint Seiya in combination with attacking instantly regardless of distance? If so, that seems to back up an infinite speed interpretation, but I am not certain.

What do you think @Matthew_Schroeder ?

It does sound like it to me when you put it like that, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back