• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack is sent to kill a child. [4 MORE VOTES]

Why are you ignoring half the text dump, let alone the other fuckton of HF blade lore? Not that it maters but still dude.
You've only shown me that one clip to begin with. Just give me the info dump
Yes actually, because that's a false equivalence, and technically that isn't literally true, we have things that can shift states in response to simuli, but at the same time. Not quite.
Elaborate
That is not the case with this plasma shit, it's solid enough to be a shield, but pretending it's actually gaseous ain't happening.
Plasma isn't gas.
Exactly? If the plasma is actually a solid, enough to even be a factor and can act as a shield, it's evidently solid, and if it's solid, Raiden can and will disrupt the binding of atoms that make it solid. The only way this isn't happening is if the plasma simply isn't solid, and if it isn't, he's cutting through that shit anyway given everything on him can withstand super-heated plasma.
If it's solid, the hf blade would bounce off. The reason why even Azurium (a thing in the verse that's been used to completely disperse the atomic nucleus to energy) based weaponry had been unsuccessful in hacking apart a yoyo barrier. Is because that. Thing. Is a plasma, there's nothing to break down or turn into energy when it is already energy.
But actually, I'm thinking your argument is that because plasma has a chunk of its atomic structure ripped of its electron clouds, it means the HF blade wouldn't work, but that very thing is what makes it a gaseous substance. If the plasma in question ISN'T gaseous, that inadvertently means that the plasma question has them still, otherwise it wouldn't even be capable of acting as a shield, and if it doesn't, it couldn't act as a shield anyway because it'd be in a state where things would just phase through it. If you want to argue plasma mechanics, you UNIRONICALLY can't have your cake and eat it too.
this is ignoring HF blades work on a smaller scale too but whatever.
Your main arguments revolves around saying that the fourth state is actually the first state. Which in and of itself, has no foundation upon it. Do not attempt to rewrite the exact meaning and information given, hf blades cause disturbances on the plack scale only for disrupting electron clouds, don't theorize anything beyond what's given. The barrier is plasma based, don't attempt to say that's not plasma because it can block, just like why we don't treat one piece devil fruit abilities as magic or supernatural because it has been stated to come from the complete overwrite of DNA, don't attempt to rub it off as false just because it's scientifically inaccurate.

You've only shown me that one clip to begin with. Just give me the info dump
Bro doesn't know what he's asking....

I was under the impression you knew MGS based on how you're talking about it and asserting things as fact?

Elaborate
I'm not your teacher, substances can shift between solid and liquid, they can't LITERALLY be both at the same time. At least not in the way you're implicating.

Plasma isn't gas.
Gaseous. As in I was comparing it to a substance it holds similarity toward.

If it's solid, the hf blade would bounce off. The reason why even Azurium (a thing in the verse that's been used to completely disperse the atomic nucleus to energy) based weaponry had been unsuccessful in hacking apart a yoyo barrier. Is because that. Thing. Is a plasma, there's nothing to break down or turn into energy when it is already energy.
That's a hilariously large false equivalence. Something that mitigates a thing by turning it into energy, failing.because it's already energy, is not the same as quantum discoherence causing said energy to destabilize, which is clearly now bound together to form a solid structure and thus the ONLY reason why a HF blade might fail, that being electrons being ripped from the atoms of plasma causing it to DESOLIDIFY, isn't actually present.

You're unironically treating the plasma as immune, when the REASON it's immune contradicts the entire premise of your point.

Lastly, his shields don't resist quantum dura neg, so get that added or atomic lv dura neg.

Your main arguments revolves around saying that the fourth state is actually the first state. Which in and of itself, has no foundation upon it.
The foundation is YOUR argument.
Plasma is inherently a intangible substance, it is this way BECAUSE it's super heated, causing the electrons to rip off the atomic bindings, causing the plasma to enter a state of, ya know, Intangibility.

You are arguing that the forcefield, which is plasma, is solid. If that is truly the case, then by direct correlation, this plasma in question hasn't had its electrons torn apart, because if it DID it WOULDN'T be solid.

The very fact it serves as a forcefield, means it's atomic structure is now tightly bound, it hasn't actually entered a plasma-esque state as commonly defined, and pretending it has is simply wrong. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too when these two facts can not exist simultaneously without tremendous substantial evidence like direct statements.
Do not attempt to rewrite the exact meaning and information given, hf blades cause disturbances on the plack scale only for disrupting electron clouds, don't theorize anything beyond what's given.
I don't even know what you mean by this, you're being exceptionally vague.

Do you mean the codec? Bruh you know HF blades have been a thing since MGS1 from the 90s, and have appeared in 2, 4 and several other games. Do you really think they magically decided to only elaborate come a spin off title?

That was linked because it's what was on the profile, regardless, as it stands, he has quantum duraneg.

The barrier is plasma based, don't attempt to say that's not plasma because it can block, just like why we don't treat one piece devil fruit abilities as magic or supernatural because it has been stated to come from the complete overwrite of DNA, don't attempt to rub it off as false just because it's scientifically inaccurate.
I will precisely because you're trying to use science to argue why it wouldn't work, when that very same science says actually, you're objectively wrong and the basis of why it wouldn't work isn't at play in this case.
It's plasma sure, it just happens to be some plasma that doesn't follow the normal principles of plasma including the only thing that gives your argument any credence. You unironically can't have both here.
You want to argue it's immune because electrons.
Bit you want to argue it's solid which contradicts that.
You want to use science to reach this claim (because I'm willing to bet this isn't actually said in this verse at any point).
But that same science you want to ignore?

Nice try my dude but, at this point I'm just going to say get a CRT to have it get all these presumptuous resistances added, or drop it.

Back