• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
All of this is irrelevant. What asserts I hate the series, or don’t know anything about it, or that I’m angry? There were claims on TenSura earlier I could’ve refuted, but that’s their interpretation, not mine, so why should I care? If you believe I’m hateful, go for it, I frankly don’t care, like I said, I just find it very intriguing the opinion you don’t agree with is automatically associated with anger, hate, and ignorance.
Hmm, I'm not really implying anything against you, I just said it was my opinion of the way you were talking about X scenario, but if you think what you're saying then go ahead, I don't care.

I’m not understanding though. Misha, as far as I recall, didn’t hate her. Even as she got stabbed in the chest by her, she seemed more melancholy. Coupled with the fact she was to disappear at midnight on her 15th birthday, I can’t imagine why she went through the effort to stab her if they were going to refuse anyways.
Misha didn't hate Sasha because she believed in Sasha's love,basically Sasha's plan was failed and Anos saved both

Hmm, I'm not really implying anything against you
Hmmm your opinion sounds more like you don't know anything about the other series you're throwing so much hate lol
If you’re going to lie, at least be consistent.

I just said it was my opinion of the way you were talking about X scenario, but if you think what you're saying then go ahead, I don't care.
Yeah. I think the scenario was bad. I’m not sure why you assert you don’t care, but prior assume I don’t know what I’m talking about or throwing hate. It really just makes me believe you don’t like opinions you don’t agree with, so it must make them hateful and ignorant.

Misha didn't hate Sasha because she believed in Sasha's love,basically Sasha's plan was failed and Anos saved both
And see, that’s my problem. That just doesn’t seem like a realistic human response. She believed in her love, in-spite of what all that happened, then why assault her to begin with?

And see, that’s my problem. That just doesn’t seem like a realistic human response. She believed in her love, in-spite of what all that happened, then why assault her to begin with?
Sasha and Misha have played together even when they were very young so Misha definitely understands what is Sasha's thought ,it's not really a contradiction or anything

Sasha and Misha have played together even when they were very young so Misha definitely understands what is Sasha's thought ,it's not really a contradiction or anything
If she understands her thought, then what is the point of the ruse Sasha put up? If she could see through it, why not just stop?

If you’re going to lie, at least be consistent.
Yeah, that was just my way of interpreting your opinion, because of the way most express themselves against the series they make it seem like they just hate it and try to see it as garbage.
Yeah. I think the scenario was bad. I’m not sure why you assert you don’t care, but prior assume I don’t know what I’m talking about or throwing hate. It really just makes me believe you don’t like opinions you don’t agree with, so it must make them hateful and ignorant.
As I said before, I don't care if people hate the series or if they talk about it as they want, I don't have to feel angry for someone to give their opinion, good or bad about the series, maybe the first thing I said against you seemed rude but it wasn't my intention at all so I apologize, it seems that I didn't make myself understood and I made a first comment without sentences, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it.

Tensura is good, but those who will say Tensura is better than Maou Gakuin in all respects, haven't read the WN neither looked at the Yoshinori's illustrations of the LN and currently in bookwalker, LN vol. 10 part 1 is in top 3 best selling, i think.
The best part starts from LN vol. 10 part 2 and then we get the Silver Sea stuff which is legendary....

Man, what is with all these shit takes about Slime?
I have nothing to say about Maou Gakuin as I haven't read it yet, but some of the takes here about Tensura are just pure slander and fundamentally misrepresents or misinforms about its story.

Like it's possible to compare and prefer whichever without being misleading and misinforming about the other thing, right?

The literal same exact thing can be said for these opinions on Maou Gakuin.

The Milly dude clearly hasn't read a single chapter of Maou Gakuin, and it also seems they even failed to understand some of the most basic plot points of the story. They then proceeded to call some of Maou Gakuin's characters "inhuman", yet their reasons for why these characters are supposedly inhuman is based on their own ignorance and lack of understanding (tho Maou Gakuin's anime wasn't a proper adaptation, and it skipped some explanations, so I kinda understand the lack of understanding), as the novel properly explains and provides very "human" reasons for their supposed "inhuman" behaviour.

I have no issue with someone stating that they prefer one verse over another, but I do have an issue with people slandering a verse which they haven't even read and/or cannot properly understand basic plot points of.

The literal same exact thing can be said for these opinions on Maou Gakuin.
Like I said, I have not read Maou Gakuin, so I can't say anything about the comments regarding it, positive or negative, besides the biased comparisons with Slime.

I can forgive purely subjective takes like saying Skills in Slime have boring powers. Because that's just someone's personal opinion. But these other takes are questionable at best, and absolute garbage at worst.

I apologize in advance if this comes off as unnecessarily aggressive or offensive. It's not my intention. I'm just flabbergasted and I felt the need to correct what I perceive as misinformed comments about Tensura, in a typical random internet person fashion.

No offense, since my language may get a bit too intense starting from here:

Weapons in TenSura don't really get a spotlight and are not special. For example, Rimuru had a plain-looking mythical black katana (or something) that is made of some durable metal that doesn't do anything special (and Rimuru isn't really the best at swordfights either and barely gets by just because of Raphael/Ciel).
Cries in all the depth explanations given to weapon creation, weapon classes and weapon histories in Tensura.

Just because Maou Gakuin's weapons are apparently full of "destroys the infinite and eternal and even reason and logic and looks very badass" doesn't make it better than how Tensura treats its weapons, nor does it mean that Tensura weapons doesn't get any spotlight or that they aren't special. Saying that Tensura weapons doesn't look badass is also a subjective take at best.

This comment also has a flanderized description of Rimuru's sword, making it obvious that the commenter has limited information about equipment in Slime.

I also have no idea why Rimuru not being the best at sword fighting is somehow a bad thing about Slime. And it's not like he's even terrible at it or that he lacks skills for show. Nor is there a shortage of master swordsmen in Slime. I'm just gonna look at the bright side and take this as a preference thing, and the commenter just prefers an MC that is super perfect swordsman?

TenSura in side characters because the characters in Maou Gakuin get their own arcs and flashbacks while in TenSura they don't.
cries in Shizue Izawa taking a good chunk of Volume 1 with her story
cries in the Ogres in Volume 2
cries in Hinata Sakaguchi
cries in the Rossos
cries in Testarossa
cries in Mjolmille
cries in Chloe Aubert
cries in Luminas Valentine
cries in Rain
cries in Guy Crimson
cries in Rudra Nasca
cries in Milim Nava
cries in Yuuki Kagurazaka
cries in Clayman, Footman, and Teare
cries in Kagali
cries in Velgrynd
cries in minor characters like Calgurio and Vesta
cries at the main villains

Anyone who read this part of the comment and agreed with it, has never read Tensura. Or they did, and they're arguing in bad faith. Case in point, I just named over 15 characters with their own arcs and flashbacks.
You really learn Maou Gakuin's characters' motivations and personalities while everyone in TenSura is like "my life sucked before Rimuru saved me and now life is good and I serve him for eternity".
Same reason as above. This is just a generalization fallacy.

I always enjoyed the mysteries in the arcs of Maou Gakuin (who is Avos Dillhevia?, what was my past?, who is the king of the gods?, etc). TenSura was always more predictable IMO (someone attacked me so I fight back to keep my peaceful life).
This comment seems to imply that there are no mysteries in Slime and that it's predictable, and attempts to oversimply Slime's story again.

At this point I just wish this is argument rooted in ignorance, rather than actually reading Slime and having this take.

Not only are there more interesting powers, there is actually some strategy. TenSura is literally just Rimuru letting Great Sage/Raphael/Ciel doing everything for him and his attacks are literally just him eating his opponents with Gluttony/Beelzebub/Azathoth.
Same thing here.
This comment implies Tensura lacks strategy.

I just... can't. I think this is the part where I recommend that people actually read Tensura before talking about it.

And while Anos is very OP the enemies he fights actually are quite strong too instead of Rimuru just flawlessly defeating everyone which makes his enemies look too lame and weak.
cries in Rimuru vs Orc Disaster
cries in Rimuru vs Charybdis
cries in Rimuru vs Milim
cries in Rimuru vs Hinata Sakaguchi
cries in the fight in Volume 10
cries in the fight in Volume 11
cries in Rimuru vs Veldora and Velgrynd
cries in all the other fights not involving Rimuru
cries in all the enemies Rimuru fought that are strong and not lame and not weak

All in all, these posts just appears to be like a Maou Gakuin fan tries to pretend to be a Tensura fan so that it won't be too obvious and their post would seem unbiased, while trying to argue how bad Tensura is and how Maou Gakuin is so much better. No offense, but this is simply how it looks like to me.

I normally wouldn't participate in these posts at all (Hell, it's been several weeks since the last I visited this site.), with how much toxic and biased energy posts like this generates. But I just felt like I had to comment on it.
A lot of the takes here are subjective, which is understandable and fine, but my issue lies with how much of these subjective opinions are rooted from factually incorrect information and I just had to call it out.

Last edited:
The Milly dude clearly hasn't read a single chapter of Maou Gakuin, and it also seems they even failed to understand some of the most basic plot points of the story. They then proceeded to call some of Maou Gakuin's characters "inhuman", yet their reasons for why these characters are supposedly inhuman is based on their own ignorance and lack of understanding (tho Maou Gakuin's anime wasn't a proper adaptation, and it skipped some explanations, so I kinda understand the lack of understanding), as the novel properly explains and provides very "human" reasons for their supposed "inhuman" behaviour.
The fault of the anime’s ability to map comprehensive story is the fault of the directors and producers, not audiences. Hell, again, that’s something TenSura’s anime could be faulted for, and it is, that’s why Season 2 was much slower. If you’re going to not only mention my name, tag me, shouldn’t be too hard. Why do you think I kept it to simply the anime, as opposed to the light novel with events I haven’t seen yet? Its very easy to assert the same, considering the first post on TenSura was very blatant with inaccuracies. Note that I didn’t respond to that, regardless. To act like because it’s explained makes it better also isn’t an argument, I’m not sure why the idea of explaining things makes it all the better. Rimuru’s go to is absorption, that’s explained through story. Still doesn’t mean that I like that his fight with Clayman was short. Simple as that, an explanation is not some magical caveat.

Last edited:
Like I said, I have not read Maou Gakuin, so I can't say anything about the comments regarding it, positive or negative, besides the biased comparisons with Slime.

I can forgive purely subjective takes like saying Skills in Slime have boring powers. Because that's just someone's personal opinion. But these other takes are questionable at best, and absolute garbage at worst.

I apologize in advance if this comes off as unnecessarily aggressive or offensive. It's not my intention. I'm just flabbergasted and I felt the need to correct what I perceive as misinformed comments about Tensura, in a typical random internet person fashion.

No offense, since my language may get a bit too intense starting from here:

-

All in all, these posts just appears to be like a Maou Gakuin fan tries to pretend to be a Tensura fan so that it won't be too obvious and their post would seem unbiased, while trying to argue how bad Tensura is and how Maou Gakuin is so much better. No offense, but this is simply how it looks like to me.

I normally wouldn't participate in these posts at all (Hell, it's been several weeks since the last I visited this site.), with how much toxic and biased energy posts like this generates. But I just felt like I had to comment on it.
A lot of the takes here are subjective, which is understandable and fine, but my issue lies with how much of these subjective opinions are rooted from factually incorrect information and I just had to call it out.
Understandable. I also have an issue with opinions based on misinformation.
Still, the same exact thing can be said for these opinions on Maou Gakuin, and some of the opinions also seem a bit biased against Maou Gakuin.

The fault of the anime’s ability to map comprehensive story is the fault of the directors and producers, not audiences. Hell, again, that’s something TenSura’s anime could be faulted for, and it is, that’s why Season 2 was much slower. If you’re going to not only mention my name, tag me, shouldn’t be too hard. Why do you think I kept it to simply the anime, as opposed to the light novel with events I haven’t seen yet? Its very easy to assert the same, considering the first post on TenSura was very blatant with inaccuracies. Note that I didn’t respond to that, regardless. To act like because it’s explained makes it better also isn’t an argument, I’m not sure why the idea of explaining things makes it all the better. Rimuru’s go to is absorption, that’s explained through story. Still doesn’t mean that I like that his fight with Clayman was short. Simple as that, an explanation is not some magical caveat.
My issue had nothing to do with someone liking or not liking something tho?
You were saying that Maou Gakuin's characters seemed "inhuman", to which I responded saying that if you read and understood the explanations and reasons provided by the novel for their behaviour, it would most likely no longer seem "inhuman".

Like I said, it is very intriguing the opinion that people don’t agree with is the opinion they dub as spewing hate or not reading the story.
It's obvious that your opinion about Maou Gakuin, especially its characters, is based on ignorance and lack of understanding tho.
If you only watched the anime then it's not entirely your fault, but then again, you also shouldn't make such uneducated slander towards a verse you haven't actually read.

Last edited:
My issue had nothing to do with someone liking or not liking something tho?
Never said it was.

You were saying that Maou Gakuin's characters seemed "inhuman", to which I responded saying that if you read and understood the explanations and reasons provided by the novel for their behaviour, it would most likely no longer seem "inhuman".
I haven’t read the novel. I watched the anime. Just like I watched TenSura’s anime, then later interpretations. I like said, just because it’s explained doesn’t make it good.

It's an obvious fact that your opinion about Maou Gakuin, especially its characters, is based on ignorance and lack of understanding tho.
If you only watched the anime then it's not entirely your fault, but then again, you also shouldn't make such uneducated slander towards a verse you haven't actually read.
Either fault me or don’t, I really don’t care. The plot and characters being devised simply don’t feel like there are actual people interacting. Same could be said for the anime’s over exaggeration of Rimuru’s constant praise.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was just my way of interpreting your opinion, because of the way most express themselves against the series they make it seem like they just hate it and try to see it as garbage.

As I said before, I don't care if people hate the series or if they talk about it as they want, I don't have to feel angry for someone to give their opinion, good or bad about the series, maybe the first thing I said against you seemed rude but it wasn't my intention at all so I apologize, it seems that I didn't make myself understood and I made a first comment without sentences, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it.
I accept, apologies if I came off hostile.

I don't know why this thread have this current bad atmosphere...
I called out a comment full of Slime slander, which seems to be popular with Maou Gakuin fans. So that's my side of things.

Like Pegasus said, threads like this will always get heated because of comments like that, and the fact that the Slime fandom and Maou Gakuin fandom has a weird, unnecessary rivalry (like with other isekais). Add random people making random comments to the mix, then you get a bad thread.

I think these kinds of threads always get heated because ppl use wrong information about other series to prove their fav series being better (i.e saying TenShura characters don't have their own arcs and flashbacks,or saying Maou Gakuin characters are inhuman because of misunderstanding the basic things of plot and/or without reading the explanation of novel)

Both are great But since i have bias towards Mg then Mg a bit above Tensura

I think these kinds of threads always get heated because ppl use wrong information about other series to prove their fav series being better (i.e saying TenShura characters don't have their own arcs and flashbacks,or saying Maou Gakuin characters are inhuman because of misunderstanding the basic things of plot and/or without reading the explanation of novel)
It’s still not a misunderstanding if the anime presented it as such. I started with the TenSura anime, just like I started with Maou Gakuin, fairly simple. Your response to me was “she didn’t expect Misha not to hate her after everything she did”, and that’s pretty barebones, considering I already posed a question similar to why it that makes no sense earlier, with one of the responses even being if you saw the explanation it will most likely not seem inhuman. Just because it’s explained doesn’t make it good.

To be quite frank, none of this upsets me, I could simply just say one of them has 25 million copies in circulation, and it’s not Maou Gakuin, and leave it there. But that’s not the objective of the post.

Last edited:
I called out a comment full of Slime slander, which seems to be popular with Maou Gakuin fans. So that's my side of things.

Like Pegasus said, threads like this will always get heated because of comments like that, and the fact that the Slime fandom and Maou Gakuin fandom has a weird, unnecessary rivalry (like with other isekais). Add random people making random comments to the mix, then you get a bad thread.
Which is interesting because most of Rimuru vs Anos comes from Maou Gakuin stans, with them actually stalling CRTs and attempts to downgrade the verse despite it fundamentally going against context.

Back