• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's less of the feminist angle and more of the fact they promoted her to death in Endgame when she clearly didn't deserve it,
I wouldn't mind the promotion they gave her if she actually did a little more in Endgame. All she really did was save Tony and Nebula, disappear for 80% of the movie, destroy the war ships, and delay Thanos from snapping.

I heard that the Captain Marvel movie was supposed to come out earlier but didnt cause Isaac Perlmutter didnt think a female lead hero movie would do well.

Again its what I heard, I haven’t truely looked into it tho so I may not be right.

I heard that the Captain Marvel movie was supposed to come out earlier but didnt cause Isaac Perlmutter didnt think a female lead hero movie would do well.

Again its what I heard, I haven’t truely looked into it tho so I may not be right.
That's true, he also tried to block Black Panther

Isn't their home world destroyed? Pretty sure that means the big G has devoured it...

That's true, he also tried to block Black Panther

Yeah I heard he didn’t believe female/minority lead hero movies would do well.

Looks at BP box office

Which is truely unfortunate, I heard Black Widow was another one that was supposed to come out a few years ago, if Widow and Marvel had come out awhile ago I think theyd be seen as better tbh.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about easily + all the avengers. I think it depends on what she leads off with exactly. She's still a glass canon and all it really takes is one person hitting her off guard.

If she leads off with mind hax, omni directional field of whatever, TK, or some reality warping shit, then yeah she probably takes it easily.

On another note, I'm interested to see current Wanda in some real action especially considering that she's probably far more knowledgeable and experienced in magic after reading the Darkhold. We haven't seen current Wanda do much aside from hilariously embarrass Agatha and show off some Astral Projection. I'm imagining Wanda after reading the Darkhold making a Strange from Doc Strange 1 to Thor 3/Infinity War type skill jump only proportionate to what she was before reading the Darkhold.

Unrelated but current Wanda would’ve easily soloed all the avengers at the same time
Maybe. She's still a glass cannon so taking her down only takes someone actually hitting her especially Thor, HUlk and Marvel but her powers are so versatile and developped by now so she would be much more dangerous. If we count Strange and the other sorcerers in the Avengers, she has the least the means of stripping Magic users of their powers (Strange would probably have a way to counter this) and her reality banding hax would allow her to deal with the others very casually if she's quick enough. Gonna say it wouldn't be an obvious victory but if she goes all-out, she would take them without too much problems.

Hopefully they don’t make ares a punk when he debuts
I mean, it's literally what he is in Marvel and the movie will probably be in the same humorous tone as Ragnarok so it wouldn't be a surprise if that was the case. And that's another reason why I prefer the Olympians in DC. Ironic considering technically, Marvel Ares is closer to Greek Mythology than DC.

I mean, it's literally what he is in Marvel and the movie will probably be in the same humorous tone as Ragnarok so it wouldn't be a surprise if that was the case.
If you mean Love and Thunder by this we’ve heard from Waititi that this movie will be different from Ragnarok, more emotional and “crazy” iirc.

It will definitely still have some humor, what Marvel movie doesnt, but if hes being truthful then it should have a different tone than Ragnarok.

If you mean Love and Thunder by this we’ve heard from Waititi that this movie will be different from Ragnarok, more emotional and “crazy” iirc.

It will definitely still have some humor, what Marvel movie doesnt, but if hes being truthful then it should have a different tone than Ragnarok.
I hope so. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Ragnarok but I really hope we'll have something different and more serious. For example, I hope Zeus won't be depicted as a silly character, I want him to be serious and imposing, just like Gorr.

I also wonder how the whole Jane Foster/Thor will be played since...well, there's already a Thor.

I just hope Thor's arc isn't that he doesn't need the Hammer to be worthy

That's basically all the movies have done with him and I'm kinda mad IW and Endgame scuppered the actually interesting change in circumstances for him

I just hope Thor's arc isn't that he doesn't need the Hammer to be worthy

That's basically all the movies have done with him and I'm kinda mad IW and Endgame scuppered the actually interesting change in circumstances for him
This. Endgame particulary disappointed me. They could have taken his trauma seriously but they turned him into a complete joke. It wasn't even funny most of the time. Big flaw of the movie to me.

Yeah Fat Thor was funny at first but then it just kinda went down hill fast, they definitely could have gone somewhere better with his PTSD/Depression.

I will say tho that the scene with his mother was still pretty good.

Last edited:
Maybe learning how to make his own path and putting his Asgardian heritage aside. Realizing he can live for himself, without having to put aside his own happiness to rule and protect his people, and still do good.

I always thought of Thor as always worrying about his worthiness and amplified so after the death of his father. I think he's worried about living up to the gap his father left, which is a big pair of shoes to fill.

When he gets fat, he's clearly depressed and decides to forget his responsibilities by eating, drinking booze and playing video games. He sarcastically jokes about things and doesn't take things seriously and is afraid of taking up the responsibility again of being a hero because he doesn't believe in himself anymore. When he meets his mother and realises that he's still worthy, it let's him now that he's almost been forgiven for the time he's wasted away, and that he can redeem himself by helping un-snap everyone and later fighting Thanos again (Something he would of most likely run away from had he not had the pep talk, and use his re-found courage to face the nightmare that was plaguing him for years).

I think he gave up the mantle of King to Valkyrie so that he can seek out the things he's ignored, like abandoning Jane and fix their relationship, protecting the nine realms via diplomacy and peacekeeping, and perhaps whatever else Asgard was supposed to be doing (Like protecting the dwarves that forge weapons).

This is why I think after this movie he’ll leave the responsiblity of protecting Midgard to Jane so he can leave with the Guardians and truely figure out who he is without the responsibility to his kingdom or the world he was tasked with protecting.

He’ll eventually come back imo, after figuring out who he is and coming to terms with it I think would be the best time for him to take up his old responsibilities again.

I always thought of Thor as always worrying about his worthiness and amplified so after the death of his father. I think he's worried about living up to the gap his father left, which is a big pair of shoes to fill.

When he gets fat, he's clearly depressed and decides to forget his responsibilities by eating, drinking booze and playing video games. He sarcastically jokes about things and doesn't take things seriously and is afraid of taking up the responsibility again of being a hero because he doesn't believe in himself anymore. When he meets his mother and realises that he's still worthy, it let's him now that he's almost been forgiven for the time he's wasted away, and that he can redeem himself by helping un-snap everyone and later fighting Thanos again (Something he would of most likely run away from had he not had the pep talk, and use his re-found courage to face the nightmare that was plaguing him for years).

I think he gave up the mantle of King to Valkyrie so that he can seek out the things he's ignored, like abandoning Jane and fix their relationship, protecting the nine realms via diplomacy and peacekeeping, and perhaps whatever else Asgard was supposed to be doing (Like protecting the dwarves that forge weapons).
All pretty good points tbh, I still think they made it a bit to humorous for me at least but I do get some of the humor especially given how Thor himself is.

Last edited:
This is why I think after this movie he’ll leave the responsiblity of protecting Midgard to Jane so he can leave with the Guardians and truely figure out who he is without the responsibility to his kingdom or the world he was tasked with protecting.

He’ll eventually come back imo, after figuring out who he is and coming to terms with it I think would be the best time for him to take up his old responsibilities again.
You know thinking about what you said, he’ll probably be king for a bit and sacrifice himself fighting the world serpent somewhere down the line

You know thinking about what you said, he’ll probably be king for a bit and sacrifice himself fighting the world serpent somewhere down the line
I doubt about that honestly cause from I've heared, Chris Hemsworth said he wanted to continue to play Thor even after Love and Thunder. Given the popularity of both the actor and the character, I don't think he will get killed off like that, even if it would be an epic end for him.

Im more hoping we get Old King Thor tbh… he returns when hes much wiser and stronger to be King of Asgard.
Old King Thor would be dope but this would be only after a long time since well, check the name. Although they can find something like putting him on a world where time goes faster and he ages faster as well or Gorr/Zeus draining his life energy and making him old and he somehow gets his power back but not his age, or something like that. It's more probable they won't adapt OKT though, or simply make him wiser and not old (and I doubt they will make him lose his arm).

Btw, how do you think Zeus's powers will be shown here base on what we know about the MCU?

Old King Thor would be dope but this would be only after a long time since well, check the name. Although they can find something like putting him on a world where time goes faster and he ages faster as well or Gorr/Zeus draining his life energy and making him old and he somehow gets his power back but not his age, or something like that. It's more probable they won't adapt OKT though, or simply make him wiser and not old (and I doubt they will make him lose his arm).

Btw, how do you think Zeus's powers will be shown here base on what we know about the MCU?
Tbf Gorr making Thor older would actually be a bad thing given Asgardians get stronger with age lol. But yeah I dont think they will go full OKT, just maybe a apart of it (Like you said the wise part).

Hmm maybe like a Thor and Odin combo? Not in terms of overall power just power set.

I doubt about that honestly cause from I've heared, Chris Hemsworth said he wanted to continue to play Thor even after Love and Thunder. Given the popularity of both the actor and the character, I don't think he will get killed off like that, even if it would be an epic end for him.
Nah I’m saying like far down the road like endgame tony death down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back