• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meruem vs the Doom Slayer

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Didn't the guy survive a nuke? Those things, even the kilotons ones, go to millions of degrees.
It's not a bomb with a nuclear reaction it's a chemical reaction.

Everyone is telling you that Cosmic Precognition and Precognition based on analysis are two different things which fall under different systems. He isn't actually looking into the future. Resistance to one doesn't grant you resistance to the other. I've question the Markys Precognition multiple times which you keep ducking.

Left a giant crater and left magma everywhere. We see rock being vaporized in both manga and anime. "Not necessarily heat" Bruh moment

Tyrants shrug it off no problem, and they are 8-A and don't have resistance to heat manipulation.

BFG is 8-A in AP, and the durability required to withstand it was calced to be at that level. Meruem is 7-B, so he isn't getting a scratch from it. I don't see durability negation on BFG's profile either.

All demons have high levels of resistance. The tyrant is just at the 2 million kelvin level.

That still leads to heat, and if ten explosions led to five million deaths, then the thing is still comparable to kilotons nukes.

LordUrien935 said:
Left a giant crater and left magma everywhere. We see rock being vaporized in both manga and anime. "Not necessarily heat" Bruh moment
It is heat just laughably low compared to what doom has.

DTG499 said:
So what everyone here is telling me, is that the makyrs could not use their precog in the same exact way as meruem? When they are both looking at infinite possibilities except the makyrs are looking at each and every one with omniscient clarity.
Yes. Their precog is not based on reading subtle body movements and reading their personality. It's actual arcane shit.

EmperorRorepme said:
Everyone is telling you that Cosmic Precognition and Precognition based on analysis are two different things which fall under different systems. He isn't actually looking into the future. Resistance to one doesn't grant you resistance to the other. I've question the Markys Precognition multiple times which you keep ducking.
What are you talking about? The end function is the same exact thing, a prediction of the future. I get it we each have our opinions about it.

Sorry, but unless durability negation is a thing BFG has, I refuse to believe the BFG will even scratch Meruem. It's an 8-A against a 7-B for god's sake.

The end function being the same or similar doesn't mean anything. Just because I use causality manipulation to erase someone from existence doesn't mean I'm using hakai for example.

I told you the evidence for it being precog resistance. Also poor comparison causality hax can be used for almost anything. Predictions through means of analysis is just a lower level of what the makyrs have.

Though it was weak evidence. As it's two completely different things. Of course the precognition by looking into direct future is better, but it was ineffective if he's acausal. Acausality doesn't protect you from analytical prediction based on pattern, rhythm and body movement and it doesn't hide those things. You're just protected from future foresight and changes in the past/future.

That still leads to heat, and if ten explosions led to five million deaths, then the thing is still comparable to kilotons nukes.

No, chemical explosions are no where near doom's heat levels. Argent energy was stated to exceed the theoretical limit of heat.

Well, the feats bfg has directly contradict that. It specifically only vaporizers the fluids of an enemy, causing them to explode in gore.

Definition of predict

say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something.

At the end of the day you are interacting with foresight of future possibilities, period.

Being sure by looking into the future itself and analyzing is so much different, I don't even know how should I explain it to you. That's just NLF to say that Doomguy will be immune to analytical prediction as a acausal...

SpookyShadow said:
Being sure by looking into the future itself and analyzing is so much different, I don't even know how should I explain it to you. That's just NLF to say that Doomguy will be immune to analytical prediction as a acausal...
He's not just an Acausality, I told you the rest of them are on the table. It's most likely precog resist.

If they knew what he was going to do and were shocked by it anyway and couldn't kill him in time travel - acausality type 1/4.

Why are people so damn hung up on resisting the same effect meaning resisting any cause?

First with mind manipulation, now this? Acausuality is an ability that let's you resist things that have to do with time. If someone had the power to null any time based ability, the makes wouldn't be able to predict them, but someojne would still be able to predict them based on movements.

Regardless, not on profile, till it passes it can't be used. And Acausuality doesn't work against someone looking at your movements and guessing where you are moving next.

Plus, didn't they succeed at seeing all possible futures for him?

Them being too weak to actually act on what they saw is their problem, if they saw infinite possible time lines and they didn't win once that just means they had 0% chance to win.

You can't seriously tell me you think Doomslayer cannot under any circumstances be beaten by Meruem. Well, you can, but I will just not agree at all.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Plus, didn't they succeed at seeing all possible futures for him?

Them being too weak to actually act on what they saw is their problem, if they saw infinite possible time lines and they didn't win once that just means they had 0% chance to win.

You can't seriously tell me you think Doomslayer cannot under any circumstances be beaten by Meruem. Well, you can, but I will just not agree at all.
Nope! They were watching all possibilities and timelines before doomguy was even born.

He certainly can, meruem is clearly better at hand to hand combat by a good bit. But doomguy's reactive power level will just keep the initial 2.3x gap there for the remainder of the fight.

Back