• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paradise City Part 8: It's So Easy

"Well, time to go." Nicholas says, having DSMN move underneath the RV and launch it once again, beginning the flight back to Chicago.

"That's your queue," Michael says, kicking his legs up on the steering wheel. "Take us away. I'm gonna catch some Zs."

Michael is awakened by the slight bump of the RV landing.

"Weall shwit-a, aaaaaaaaaaaau," Michael yawns. "That was a good sleep. Back to Chicago eh Nick?"

"Yes. Next stop, Richard's house. Much as I don't like him much we gotta check out if he's alive after that," Michael starts the RV. "By the way, you do look kinda tired. Here, have this."

Michael then tosses Nicholas a can of Pepsi seemingly out of thin air.

"Thanks." Nicholas says, catching it and downing the entire can in the span of a few seconds.

"That's better, let's go see what happened then."

"Right," Michael begins driving to the place they had last been to when meeting Richard.

"You don't even wanna know," Michael says, smiling yet with his eyes soulless dead husks.

"Dude," Michael gets up from the seat, letting Shoot to Thrill take the wheel for a bit, and lightly grabs Joe by the shoulders, eyes seeing right through Joe's own him in a thousand yard stare. "You.do.not.want.to.know."

The entire RV is encompassed in an aura of fear. Everyone is made extremely awkward.

Michael then plops back down to his seat, taking the wheel again, seemingly completely normal.

[Time skip part 2]

The RV arrives at where Richard's house is, or was. The block is now smouldering ashes. There are several people cleaning it up and there are barriers around it.

"Yo," Michael says, getting out the RV, catching the attention of the nearest person there. "The Hell happened here man?"

"The authorities claim it was a gas line explosion, probably the worst in history." The clean-up worker says, eyeing Michael.

"Haven't I seen someone like you on the news?"

"Uh...no?" Michael says, not buying any of it. "Remind me how the **** any residential building has enough gas to cause this kind of explosion again?"

"They say someone was transporting some new pipes, i dunno how it works." The worked continues.

"Oh yeah; weren't you in that Pepsi commercial that one time?"

"..........................................."

SON OF A BITCH HOW DO PEOPLE REMEMBER THAT

Michael slowly edges away from the man, getting back in the RV.

"So, cover up story is that this was a gas leak," Michael says, beginning to drive away from the scene.

"I guess they've thrown away any sense of subtlety then. That looks like the work of high power explosives, to think they considered Richard too dangerous when they had this available the entire time."

"He must've still put up a fight then. Could still even be alive. Wouldn't put it past him," Michael says, driving the RV seemingly randomly. "Where do we go now?"

"We should take a look at what's left of Richard's place, could be something noteworthy left behind in that mess."

"Later. Right now, there's way too much activity around there."

"Roight," Michael says, driving back, having picked up a glass of Jack Daniels' during the wait.

Michael stops the RV, getting out and manifesting Shoot to Thrill to look over the area better.

"Okay gang, let's investigate."

"This should be simple enough," Stephanie muttered as she began to look around the environment with her mask equipped. She didn't extend her vision to the others. Let's see if she could find this on her own.

Joe sees the ruins of Richard's house.

Stephanie sees a basement, not touched by the destruction.

"Ah, there we are." She grinned. "There's a basement. Seems pretty untouched. Think there might be something in there."

Back