• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Downgrade

Chiaki hurts Teruteru I believe (which is what the scaling comes from), and of course every single murderer kills their victims. I am not seeing the same here.

Making someone lose their hair is likely incalculable, making a radio explode is likely unusable and just a gag, and looking up "kity bride" gives me no results, which suggests to me you have messed up her name. I am not too knowledgeable on these games, but if the feats are done by people who're clearly more powerful than Wright then they wouldn't scale to him
Her name was Maggey Byrde, I have no idea how I misremember her name to that, I guess I was suppose to double check before post the reply. If you do not remember her bame she was Wright client in the second game fisrt case and the third game third case. She was dicrable how unlucky she by seeing that she fall from from 5 storey bulding when she was a baby and get attacked by all types of vehicles when she was kid and fail in every important exeme in her life (from what I remember)

Oh, yeah, that's who she was. It was the ninth floor, actually, but considering it was as a baby and that she survived a lot more of these incidents (which are still treated as something very dangerous in-verse) I wouldn't put it past her probability manipulation to somehow protect her, or simply having very high durability.

Downgraded of course, I do not see any reason for it to get deleted seeing how there is many other non-fighters characters in the wiki and that some characters have in fact combat experience

That is something I also agree with. We do have such characters already and Ace Attorney people have a more interesting "powerset" than some of them.

I'd say this is enough agreement, Rik, I think you can start making the upgrades?

I still want to discuss Phoenix' powers and abilities

Powers and Abilities: Skilled Lawyer, Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Mind Manipulation with Maya's Magatama, Hacking, Genius Intelligence, Poison Manipulation, Photographic Memory, Data Manipulation, Extrasensory Perception (Can hear and see spirits), Limited Clairvoyance with Maya's Magatama, Social Influencing, Purification (Type 2; Was capable of forcing Dahlia's soul out of Maya's body), Resistance to Poison Manipulation (Ate a glass bottle with poison still inside and was unharmed)

1. Skilled Lawyer - is this even a thing?
2. Superhuman Physical Characteristics - should be Superhuman Durability
3. Mind Manipulation with Maya's Magatama - that looks like limited telepathy to me
4. Extrasensory Perception (Can hear and see spirits) - I'm not sure about this one. It does look legit but it looks like the spirits are those who always try to be seen or heared by him, not the other way around
5. Hacking - Where?
6. Genius Intelligence - Seems legit
7. Poison Manipulation - Where?
8. Photographic Memory - it's probably jusr a game mechanics, I'm not sure
9. Data Manipulation - Where?
10. Limited Clairvoyance with Maya's Magatama - Where?
11. Social Influencing - Where?
12. Purification (Type 2, was capable of forcing Dahlia's soul out of Maya's body) - No. Dahlia's soul left Maya's body after realizing how much a failure she was. Phoenix' ''Purification" had nothing to do with this
13. Resistance to Poison Manipulation (Ate a glass bottle with poison still inside) - It wasn't confirmed whether the poison was still inside or not.

If I had to guess, poison manip comes from some item- I disagree him having them in his standard inventory. But yeah with the exception of the Social Influencing (he's a lawyer, that's kinda his job), every ability you're against should totally be deleted. WOW this profile sucks, I'll be going through the rest of the profiles to see if anything seems wanky.

I know that skilled Lawyer is not a real ability but I see no problem for keep it and I am sure that I see that kind of abilites in other profiles

I did not get the point of why Extrasensory Perception should not be legit, Ghosts cannot be seen or heared even if they tries, So Wright should have that ability

Data Manipulation, Poison Manipulation and I guess Haking come from opional equipements

Megatama seems to make people less concealed their secrets, so I guess mind control seems kinda legit but It should be just limted

For Photographic Memory, I am sure the way how the evidence work is canon, so he should keep it

I am sure Social Influencing is coming from his natural job as a Lawyer. I do not see anything weird about it

I have no idea where Clairvoyance come from too

Not sure about how legit his Purification

For the poison resistance it was heavily implied that there is some poison traces in the bottle

Also it is possibe to give Pheonix high luck?

Mia Fey
  • Air Manipulation - ???
  • Magatama Mind Manip - Same as Phoenix
  • Summoning (can summon spirits) - Should this be limited? iirc there were restrictions
  • Limited Clairvoyance with Magatama - Same as Phoenix
Miles Edgeworth
  • Air Manipulation - ???
  • Hand-to-hand combat (Martial Arts) - Does he ever show this?
  • Able to see if someone is hiding something (Enhanced Senses) - Bruh. At most this is information analysis, but even then without context it's wanky af)
  • He also has a knife in his equipment, and I don't know if that's from something or just from a very imaginative editor.
  • Also, his Notable Attacks & Techniques is... silly.
Franziska - Air Manipulation - ???

Simon Blackquill
  • "Has some close combat skills, Some skills with katana, Can cause air cutter from his fingers" - Just change these to the abilities they actually are and explain it in parenthesis, source on the air part is in the range section of all places)
  • Psychological Manipulation (Emphatic Manipulation) - I do not know this character but if this isn't made up I'd like it to be explained
  • Animal Manipulation should be limited as I believe he can only control his hawk and not just any hawk.
Manfred Von Karma - looks fine. He's lacking Genius intelligence though.

Nahyuta - I don't know the character well enough to judge certain abilities. Telekinesis should be limited though.

The Judge - I'd delete this page. He isn't smart enough to keep for intelligence battle purposes, he has no combat feats or any abilities, just get rid of the page imo.

Maya Fey
  • Enhanced Senses (Can see and hear spirits) - That's ESP
  • Same of some of the stuff Mia has, this also applies to Pearl
Dick Gumshoe - should be fine

Shelly De Killer - this guy's ******* Supersonic where did that come from?? Anyway rest is probably fine.

Also maybe we should check the other Ace Attorney profiles too to see if there anything weird in it

Edit : It seems that Armorchompy had already do that

I know that skilled Lawyer is not a real ability but I see no problem for keep it and I am sure that I see that kind of abilites in other profiles
I don't think it's necessary
I did not get the point of why Extrasensory Perception should not be legit, Ghosts cannot be seen or heared even if they tries, So Wright should have that ability
I'm fairly sure he cannot see them though.
Data Manipulation, Poison Manipulation and I guess Haking come from opional equipements
If they do, what they come from should be specified.
Megatama seems to make people less concealed their secrets, so I guess mind control seems kinda legit but It should be just limted
Hm, that does make sense
For Photographic Memory, I am sure the way how the evidence work is canon, so he should keep it
I'm pretty sure Wright actually has all the evidence at his disposal in cases.
I am sure Social Influencing is coming from his natural job as a Lawyer. I do not see anything weird about it
Yeah
For the poison resistance it was heavily implied that there is some poison traces in the bottle
Traces of poison doesn't imply lethality by itself.
Also it is possibe to give Pheonix high luck?
He is lucky but I doubt it's to a point where luck manip can be given to him.

Air Manipulation comes from the dramatic effect from the anime.

And the reason why Ace Attorney verse sucks so much is because it was hendeled by Buttersamuri. Every single verse and profile handled by this user has similar problems and needs to be downgraded. Another example of such verse would be KotH. But I should probably make a separate thread for each verse and stay on topic

Air Manipulation comes from the dramatic effect from the anime.
So, is it legit or not?
And the reason why Ace Attorney verse sucks so much is because it was hendeled by Buttersamuri. Every single verse and profile handled by this user has similar problems and needs to be downgraded. Another example of such verse would be KotH. But I should probably make a separate thread for each verse and stay on topic
I didn't wanna say it cause it felt a bit mean, but that's absolutely the reason, and I am in full agreement. The Simpsons also feels very wanked.

Air Manipulation - ???
I am sure that a Outdated thing back when we was using. I remember that Mia shown to causing air to Dahila but that may be just a effect rather then Mia causing air

Summoning (can summon spirits) - Should this be limited? iirc there were restrictions
Agree with that
  • Hand-to-hand combat (Martial Arts) - Does he ever show this?
I also really want to know where that come from, Anyway I only play the fisrt three game, so it is possible that he shown that in his own games. I guess we should ask someone play it
  • He also has a knife in his equipment, and I don't know if that's from something or just from a very imaginative editor.
In the 5th case in the fisrt game. I remember that Eddworth had say that he always have his knife with his so yes the knife is indeed standard
The Judge - I'd delete this page. He isn't smart enough to keep for intelligence battle purposes, he has no combat feats or any abilities, just get rid of the page imo.
I was plannig to do the same

I have nothing to say about the other characters

I'm fairly sure he cannot see them though.
He was able to see Mia ghost at the end of the when Maya cannot in the fisrt game second case. He had show more in hearing.
If they do, what they come from should be specified.
Poison Manipulation come from Daliha's bottle and Data Manipulation come from that computer virus in the third game third case

I'm pretty sure Wright actually has all the evidence at his disposal in cases.
Some of the evidences are stuff Wright cannot get it with him or even shown to be still in thier place. for example the Trophy of the Prosecutor of the mounth in the fisrt game fiveth case, We know that the trophy was still in his place but Pheonix get it as a evidence and he can even analyze it. Also in Edgeworth fisrt game (I only play the fisrt case of that game) Edgeworth said that he keep all the evidences in his mind or something like that and had also shown to be able to analyze it from his memory alone.
Traces of poison doesn't imply lethality by itself.
Those Traces stated to be enough to easily kill someone

Last edited:
I see. If that's the case depending on how it's hinted, resistance to poison manip may be likely or possibly. As for the rest, you're making sense.

Still giving Poison Manipulation for holding a glass with poison once seems like a massive wank

It really depends on whether we give him his trial evidence stuff as items or not.

It's like giving fire manipulation to a guy who carries a lighter in his pocket.

Well, the difference is that poison can be used for killing, while the lighter can't. It's more like giving it to someone that carries a flamethrower.

Ugarik seems to make sense to me, but I have not had the time to read the other posts here.

I mean, the issue is just, does having a bottle of poison qualify as poison manipulation?

Even if having a bottle of poison would qualify as poison manipulation (which I disagree with) it wouldn't count in this case for three reasons.

1. He only had this bottle once in his life even before he became a lawyer.
2. It wasn't even confirmed whether the poison was still inside the bottle or not. And even if we assume there still was, it was only traces of poison meaning he couldn't just pour it into someones drink or food.
3. He wasn't even aware that the bottle may had some poison inside.

I think stuff can be applied, unless someone has any counterarguments to what the pages'll be.

I'll say only his AP would be scalable to durability. But that thing is vague.
The only point of Resistance to Poison manipulation for Wright is the fact that Dahila Hartworhne actually putted the poison in bottle and it was stated that little portion of it can cause lethal effects, at least this factor we had to proof in game. Phoenix by himself although shouldn't have poison manipulation, which is true, is there something to add , I think Phoenix must have preparation as ability, because of Apollo Justice where he prepared eviedence, and where he was gathering info for 7 years to solve a murder(shortly, without spoilers).

When we say Preparation, we mean preparing for battle, which isn't quite what he did.

As for his AP scaling to dura, just saying it does isn't enough.

(I should mention I'm still a bit iffy on 9-B dura Wright anyway)

Last edited:
Well, there's type of preparation called "information preparation" not much fighting type of preparation, and fitting to wright's preparation in 4-th part.

Back