• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you check through all of his post history you will see that he always appears in specific threads after Regis, Zensum, or some other is posting. And almost all of them have Weekly involved. I can provide evidence if you wish.

Sure, that is a strong possibility, I don't deny it, but there is a noticeable pattern here on his posts, specially in regards to how he and Weekly interact.

That is fine, if this is what the majority of staff decides. But for the sake of transparency, here are some examples of him being antagonistic to Weekly:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2028749#67

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2028749#121

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2444137#210

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2410538#409

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2410538#414

Mind you, the first two examples happened 5 days after he made his account and it's the first time he and Weekly interacted on the wiki.

At the very least, keep a close eye.

While Gilga could have behaved in a more polite way, I can personally see why he was upset with Weekly.

Your examples are not indicative of him being a sock either way, still.

Still, it is a problem if he has been repeatedly antagonistic towards Weekly.

It seems more like an annoyance with weekly rather than hatred. He has made a lot of jabs at weekly but it doesn't seem like he is completely antagonising him. If it continues then perhaps give him a warning and tell him to try and be a bit more respectful towards him and other users.

It seems to be a figure of speech, not a threat.

Anyway, should we unban Gilga or not?

Okay. Even if it was a figure of speech, it was still a emphasized insult among other things. Maybe the ban should be extended?

Yobobojojo said:
Okay. Even if it was a figure of speech, it was still a emphasized insult among other things. Maybe the ban should be extended?
I don't mind either way. It depends on what others say.

It seemed to me that he was extremely unreasonable. I personally would support at least a week long ban. Though perhaps we should let him defend himself first?

Antvasima said:
Anyway, should we unban Gilga or not?
I'd say yes, but warn him to stop the "wankly" stuff and to be a little less antagonistic.

All im saying is ive seen other people make far less insulting comments towards staff and be banned without a chance of being unbanned

That on top of all the stuff Matt brought up makes even more of a case to keep him banned

WeeklyBattles said:
If he blatantly insulted any other staff member would he be unbanned?
Pretty sure people don't get banned for calling a staff member a wanker.

I'd be surprised if there'd be many staff members who wouldn't be banned right now if that was a rule.

WeeklyBattles said:
All im saying is ive seen other people make far less insulting comments towards staff and be banned without a chance of being unbanned

That on top of all the stuff Matt brought up makes even more of a case to keep him banned
I'm against all of these bans and reporting myself to be banned since I probably called a staff member "dumb" once.

Pointing out that you're probably the last person to be deciding this ban given you got mocked is coming after you now? What's next, I make a random post and suddenly I get warnings from you?

Holy shit. Enough of this back and forth, all of you.

Look, Gilga should definitely get a warning either way. Randomly insulting people isn't cool, nor is trying to pursue weekly.

That being said, a ban seems really extreme. All he did in this instance was call Weekly a wanker. You know what happens when normal users insult one another? They get a warning, generally. To instantly ban someone for insulting someone else just because they have a colorful name is silly. Also, we have certain admins who will just bluntly call things wank when they know that it only incites things further and will get off a warning. And personally, a warning for that seems fine to me, because to say someone is a wanker is really not all that serious an insult as to be permanently banning people for it. Should people be polite to one another on threads? Yes. But should we instantly ban people for insults because the member insulted has a special colorful and bolded name? No, that is asinine. I get that Staff are in an authoritative role and all and generally have more leeway with their stuff because of that, but we still need to maintain some semblance of consistency with how issues concerning staff and regular users are handled.

TLDR, I think he should be warned, but that he should not be banned because this would be hypocritical and an overreaction.

This is going to be my last post on this topic. It better resolve itself soon, or we're gonna have an issue here. Reports like this really don't need to go on as long as this one already has.

Are we going to have a fight in every RVR now, or what?

I humbly suggest that this decision be left to people who are neutral to the situation as a whole, seeing as the involved parties have proven that they can't have a discussion without being at each other's throats.

...As for my opinion, I'd leave the ban at a day or two. Going longer than that seems like a bit much, but I'm not going to ignore what was said. An insult is an insult, regardless of the circumstances leading up to it, and the term "Wankly" being used in particular leads me to believe that there's far more than just debater's aggression at play. (Because yes, that's a long-running insult towards Weekly specifically, used by trolls)

On the topic of Amixem I think we should wait and see if SD's cooldown ban has any effect. He's done it before to people who get heated and they usually come back fine. Can't remember any other issues from the guy anyways, and sexual harassment allegations admittedly are a sensitive topic for some.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Janglesthemonkles2

Sock of somebody, but not Jangles. THink he's tryna bait us into banning Jangles, actually. This is due to how Jangles was reported for anti SU comments then Jangles2 calls someone a mean word for the disabled for liking SU. Given that the first account is not banned you'd think if he wanted to shit on people with a sock it would be less conspicuous. As such, it's quite clearly not Jangles 1 so the OG shouldn't be banned.

Also contributions like this

On the same subject, This guy out here looking real sketchy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back