• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Last Skill Thread

I am not really eager or willing to go past top 5 honestly. Even past 3 gets too boring for me. But since i've taken on the quest of making MHA memetic i'll see what i can do.

It's fine if you don't want to. I'd never want anyone to force themselves to comment, but everyone's comments are always welcome

Its MHA of all things.

Could have been naruto,

Could have been Bleach,

Could have been One Piece, that one at least has class.

Its. MHA. Of. All. Things.

Cant say that I think attempting to: "make X memetic" is good for the wiki unless you mean only as a fun and games thing.

Ionliosite said:
Firephoenixearl said:
since i've taken on the quest of making MHA memetic
Dude, you truly are a mind beyond our limits.
My goals are beyond your understanding.

@Baki

It's not just that, it's just a waste of time doing lists of more than 5 unless it's more of a verse specific thing. As an example look at how Top 5 strongest for each tier is such a success as a thread, but when someone made Top 10 strongest, it pretty much failed, it did not get even a full thread let alone several. It's an advice from me, don't try to rate such a general thing (that basically includes all fictional verses) in more places than top 5, most people will lose interest.

@FW

You're in for an enjoyable ride.

Is it too late to discard any form of responsibility surrounding this maniac and his insateable hunger for suffering and destruction? Regardless, i apologize to the MHA Fandom existing on this wiki in advancement.

@Baki

It's not just that, it's just a waste of time doing lists of more than 5 unless it's more of a verse specific thing. As an example look at how Top 5 strongest for each tier is such a success as a thread, but when someone made Top 10 strongest, it pretty much failed, it did not get even a full thread let alone several. It's an advice from me, don't try to rate such a general thing (that basically includes all fictional verses) in more places than top 5, most people will lose interest.

Do you think we should remove anyone not placed in at least the top 10?

First Witch said:
Is it too late to discard any form of responsibility surrounding this maniac and his insateable hunger for suffering and destruction? Regardless, i apologize to the MHA Fandom existing on this wiki in advancement.
Yes, it is in fact too late ovo

Creaturemaster971 said:
Also Baki, while I can't really do it at the moment, how's it going on the potential Yujiro vs Musashi front?
I'm making a lot of progress on nailing down Yujiro best skill feats, making a list of people to ask to comment, and maybe juggling a few ways to make it more exciting that "X can do Y" and "well X can do Y too", but I haven't nailed one down

Rocker1189 said:
Cant say that I think attempting to: "make X memetic" is good for the wiki unless you mean only as a fun and games thing.
Every ying has a yang. There is no good without evil. Making something memetic has it's drawbacks

@FW

You got the right idea over my insatiable thirst for memetic destruction.

@Baki

No im not saying that. I'm saying, don't bother too much past top 5. If you want to try for more go for it, but don't really put in effort, not worth it.

Firephoenixearl said:
@Baki

No im not saying that. I'm saying, don't bother too much past top 5. If you want to try for more go for it, but don't really put in effort, not worth it.
I gotcha. I'll probably poke at it a bit if I'm ever bored, but I think I'll take your advice and leave it be

Even now as you can see, no one really argues below top 5, outside of some random fan coming in now and then debating once then leaving again. The extremes get the recognition not the middle.

Creaturemaster971 said:
Cool! I have been reading over some Fate stuff, I'm just trying to figure out how to compile it.
Generally what I like to do it try to find and read material pertaining to the person in question and either compile the stuff that might be skill in the Notes on my phone or Notepad on my laptop. The order I usually go is feats>direct scaling (Musashi is either shown or outright stated to be more skilled than X)> then indirect scaling (if Musashi is superior to X, she should also be superior to Y, as X is superior to Y)

Firephoenixearl said:
Even now as you can see, no one really argues below top 5, outside of some random fan coming in now and then debating once then leaving again. The extremes get the recognition not the middle.
Yeah, I hear you. Those random fans were getting to me, making me think I wasn't giving the others a fair shake, but your line of reasoning puts me at ease about it. The top tiers are recognized and placed, the rest are just very skilled, but not placement worthy

Creaturemaster971 said:
It's a shame we don't have anyone knowledgeable on DC because I'm curious how Lady Shiva would do.
We have Pre-Crisis Karate Kid. I dunno DC too well, but apparently iirc, KK is more skilled than Batman. How does Shiva compare?

See I did some minor research earlier. Pre-C Karate Kid and Lady Shiva are from two different continuities. There is, however, also a Post-C Karate Kid.

However...

Post-C Karate Kid has incredibly unquantifiable feats. The only solid thing he's got is durability-neg and being able to fight 2-Cs "through skill", which we have already determined is unquantifiable, and may even just be a more liberal use of his dura-neg.

Lady Shiva not only has a wonderful scaling chain (as does Cassandra Cain if you consider her to have truly surpassed Shiva), but should have plenty of feats via fighting the batfamily (who should also have plenty of feats on their own)

Pre-C Karate Kid also doesn't seem that quantifiable. Punching through diamond and fighting Superman seem solely like AP

BakiHanma18 said:
Creaturemaster971 said:
It's a shame we don't have anyone knowledgeable on DC because I'm curious how Lady Shiva would do.
We have Pre-Crisis Karate Kid. I dunno DC too well, but apparently iirc, KK is more skilled than Batman. How does Shiva compare?
Shiva stomps Batman in a fight if serious. Same goes for Cassandra Cain, and I think both of them should be on the list.

I do too, and you know what?

I'm gonna start looking into that, along with Mifune and Musashi

Gonna be slow going though. Teachers are piling on the homework to make up for the quarantine.

I'll just put Lady Shiva for now, seems she's more fitting to represent DC, though I don't expect to her to enter top 5 (I guess I could be wrong though)

Combat applicable skills only

Based on impressive skill feats and scaling from them. Experience statements & connceptual feats won't be accepted

One per verse

^
In the OP

Cassandra Cain is weird because she's overspecialized.

With her body reading she stomps everyone else and fights evenly with Shiva

Without it she gets brutally curbstomped by casual Bruce Wayne

Lady Shiva consistently skillstomps the likes of Batman and Robin

Aight, I'll get back to you on that.

I'm determined to get this done before I go to bed, and possibly not of right mind in doing so, but eh, what the hell.

All right.

I've done about all I can do in one night.

I'll be back to discuss it tomorrow (whenever I wake up, it's 2 in the morning where I am), and will hopefully not be too hungover tired by then.

Alrighty dighty dighty.

So, this list was gathered from several respect threads across reddit. It is by no means extensive, I just gathered the feats that seemed most impressive to my exhausted, slightly intoxicated, 3-in-the-morning self.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Sq89HV9GahrxM95pMoUsNFiUraxjK73u0l5rtfmzds/edit?usp=sharing

The scaling chain appears to most consistently be

Other DC skillbois < The Batfamily as a whole < Tim Drake < Dick Grayson < Batman < Connor Hawke < Cassandra Cain = Richard dragon = Lady Shiva

More feats can be provided later if need be, but they tend to be more of the same

Unfortunately we have the issue that while the Batfamily are consistently above the rest of the verse, and Connor is consistently above any of the Batfamily, the top 3 tend to flip-flop around

It's an important aspect of their relationship that all three (Shiva, Dragon, and Cain) are constantly improving, and who is on top of the totem pole literally varies by the minute.

I would still place Lady Shiva, as she's the one most consistently called the best.

Back