• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic Frontiers: Parry Through It All

Simple stuff, Sonic's Parry skill allows him to completely block all attacks in the game, but to the extent of it is very high, since he can completely block attacks from Knight, while also, when at the right angle, one shot enemies that can take his attacks, so my proposition is for the parry to be added in Sonic's durability stat as:

Attack Potency: Far higher with his Parry (While at a right angle, Sonic is capable of one shotting enemies that can take his hits, while using his Parry)
forget this, the enmy explodes on its own, not really AP feat

Durability: Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ with his Parry (Can completely block attacks from enemies comparable to himself, and also enemies such as Knight)

Due to some contention i have decided to give another option for the parry durability wise:

Durability: Far higher with his Parry (Can completely block and tank all attacks from a variety of enemies that are comparable to him)

Edit: just making things even clearer, the durability rating is sonic with his parry only and not scaling to his physical stats without it, the parry has shown to be an ultimate defense that no enemy in frontiers can bypass, along with it doing other abilities as well such as perception manip and levitation, so to say that this special guard ability ups his defense is a fact, and we have statements and showings about how much he can defend

Edit: A Minor stuff i forgot to add, while using the Parry Sonic can stay on the air for an extended ammount of time, so the last proposal is:

Restricted Flight (With his Parry, Sonic can stand still in mid air for a prolonged amount of time)

Sonic Shuffle: The Empty Darkness Shall Rise

Very simple really, Maginary world was accepted as 2-B/2-A a long time ago, Void scales to destroying it and being half of the being that created it, but we forgot to update him and he is still low 2-C, let us change that and just put him at 2-B, possibly 2-A, very simple really

Sonic Channel Story: The Tale Of The Emerald Crown

Basically in a recent Sonic Channel Story, the Emeralds are shown to still work even when they are reshaped into a different form, shown as when Tails was still protect by its power even tho the emerald was altered by a reality warping accident made by Dr Eggman

"“I think it was this that helped me remember who I used to be.”
“That matching tiara?”

Slightly embarrassed again at Sonic’s teasing, Tails explains that before the anomaly, he was in possession of a yellow Chaos Emerald.

“This tiara, I’m sure, is a Chaos Emerald’s altered form. It must have exerted some kind of power to protect the memories I had… I think.”"

note that this is the translation of it made by Windii, if one wants to check the original script, here it is

So for the emeralds i propose:

Unconvential Resistance to Reality Warping and Transmutation (The Chaos Emeralds still worked even when they were altered by an accident of Dr. Eggman's that warped both history and reality, even granting protection to those who had them in their possession)

Last edited:
I’m ngl I feel the Knight thing is just game mechanics, like how you can outrun the Titans in scripted sequences. Unless Sonic should also get immeasurable from those sequences too.

Rest seems fine

I’m ngl I feel the Knight thing is just game mechanics, like how you can outrun the Titans in scripted sequences. Unless Sonic should also get immeasurable from those sequences too.
no reason for it to be, sonic outrunning the titans is an outlier, the parry has no outliers regarding this at all, so it wouldn't be on the same boat as those

Agree with everything.

Don't suppose you could mention The End surviving Sonic punching him across all time? Since all the Titans already have it.

Parrying is legit just Sonic putting his hands up, giving a separate durability to it makes no sense. It should be treated as an outlier.

Parrying is legit just Sonic putting his hands up, giving a separate durability to it makes no sense. It should be treated as an outlier.
it really isn't, it is how he activates it, but it also reflect attacks, one shots enemies that can take his own attacks, slow down his own perception of time and makes him able to float for an extended amount of time, to say that it is nothing more than sonic using his hands with no additional ability to it is very, factually wrong

I also feel this is falling more into the game mechanic side of things, bit I recall saying I'd be willing to give it a chance if other people accepted it. So just keep me as neutral. Not that my vote really matters.

Sonic becoming literal infinitely stronger from it still doesn’t make sense.
why not? it is a specific ability that makes sonic block all attacks in the game, with the game itself saying that sonic can indeed protect against a titan with it, you can't even say that it is gameplay mechanics when it is directly stated, if you are going to say that "it doesn't make sense" then you could as well say why it doesn't instead of just saying that it does

if i may ask, why?
Since Base Sonic gets one-shotted by Knight, and even Super Sonic gets knocked away by Knight, it feels weird to give Base Sonic a durability rating infinitely above base for a defensive technique that is purely physical. No Chaos Energy or anything of the sort.

Since Base Sonic gets one-shotted by Knight, and even Super Sonic gets knocked away by Knight, it feels weird to give Base Sonic a durability rating infinitely above base for a defensive technique that is purely physical. No Chaos Energy or anything of the sort.
it is not purely physical nor does it scale to his durability physically, it is a special defense technique that completely blocks and protects sonic from all things, no normal enemy can bypass it and it has statements alongside it having no anti feats for it

Wank? You mean statements that remains consistent to this day with Frontiers and never opposed by Sonic Team?
Nah, wank that higher ups in Sonic Team disagree with in official Frontiers interviews that place Sonic below the very first Titan who is directly compared to past Super Sonic villains like Solaris, Dark Gaia, and Time Eater

I disagree with the Parry being 2-B/A. Knight is able to strike and even temporarily daze Super Sonic, and giving Base Sonic this level of resilience makes no sense narratively when it's such a threat to Super Sonic. Let's face it, the Parry is just overpowered gameplay mechanics. I'm tempted to disagree with the Parry granting Limited Flight as well due to this, but that seems more reasonable.

The rest is fine.

I disagree with the Parry being 2-B/A. Knight is able to strike and even temporarily daze Super Sonic, and giving Base Sonic this level of resilience makes no sense narratively when it's such a threat to Super Sonic. Let's face it, the Parry is just overpowered gameplay mechanics. I'm tempted to disagree with the Parry granting Limited Flight as well due to this, but that seems more reasonable.

The rest is fine.
Well, the parry has no anti feat for it, alongside having feats and statements on that level, the proposal is not purely mechanics based, we have a direct statement that the parry can do that, i admit that it is weird to give sonic a thing that can protect agains super form tier chars, but it jusr being weird is not reason to exclude it when we have direct statements and feats with no anti feats for it

Actually I remember what was supposed to happen was Void’s physicals getting downgraded to base Sonic tier but his corruption hax would be Maginaryworld tier

I disagree with the Parry upgrade

For the mid-aid thing, that can just be labeled as Limited Flight

The rest looks reasonable
If if i may ask, what exactly is the problem with the Parry upgrade in your opinion? And either way, would you be oksy with it having a "Far higher" rsting for the defense instead? It does perfectly block every attack in the game, even from people comparable to sonic

Disagree with the parry upgrade, seems more like game mechanics (or an outlier much like Base Sonic's speed)

Everything else is fine

Actually, I also disagree with the "far higher" to Sonic's AP with his Parry. That isn't the Parry doing the damage, but rather the specific enemy that's exploding.

In no other instance in the game does the Parry do damage unless it's reflecting attacks back at an enemy.

Actually, I also disagree with the "far higher" to Sonic's AP with his Parry. That isn't the Parry doing the damage, but rather the specific enemy that's exploding.

In no other instance in the game does the Parry do damage unless it's reflecting attacks back at an enemy.
If this is the case, then it should just be a "far higher" rating for his durability

i mean, that is why i put "at an specific angle" in the description

But it's not anything about angles. The enemy detonates once it either A) hits Sonic B) is parried by him, or iirc C) eventually detonates on its own. Sonic is just Parrying it to fling that bitch back and thus make it explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back