• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Either that or "possibly higher".
Mkay. I think ‘possibly 7-A+‘ would make more sense since either way, it would be scaling above Gouketsu. I feel like leaving it to ‘possibly higher’ would just make people question why he isn’t 7-A+.

Tatsumaki has already shown her peak IMO... Maybe she'll do something in the upcoming psychic sister arc thingy, but that's just a maybe.

The issue is that besides Orochi no one shows a comparable feat to Goketsu. Based on hype and showings the only one that might scale is EC. The rest are demonstrably worse or with Rover would only maybe scale in one area.
There's an argument to be had about what is meant by "powerful". EC and Rover aren't the most offensively powerful high dragons but they have very impressive durability. I would recommend upgrading EC's and Rover's durability to 7-A, but having their overall tier be: "7-B, possibly higher", since their durability is their best aspect and what would most likely scale to Gouketsu. Unless Fuhrer Ugly or Gums surprises us with a 7-A feat, of course.

I still don't think we should be scaling anyone besides Orochi to Gouketsu.

It is too speculative.

The only confirmed scaling we have to Goketsu is Orochi. The only other people that could be valid (Rover and Elder Centipede) have no evidence of actually scaling to Goketsu and in Rover's case has a decent chunk of AP anti-feats to suggest he doesn't scale at all.
There is a statement that there are multiple monsters in the MA are just as strong as he is.

I still don't think we should be scaling anyone besides Orochi to Gouketsu.

It is too speculative.
Well, we know that there are monsters as strong as Gouketsu in the MA, just not who those monsters are. If any monsters do get 7-A feats that do not surpass Gouketsu's, I think it will be fair to scale them to him. That of course is speculative and may not happen. I do think that his statement justifies a "possibly higher" for the strongest MA cadres though.

That's referencing the exact page I posted, no?.
No, it wouldn't seem that way. The manga statement is talking about the existence of multiple monsters stronger than Bakuzan, this statement is claiming that there are "more monsters as strong as Gouketsu"- it must be referencing the anime or just adding a new statement in there.

No, it wouldn't seem that way. The manga statement is talking about the existence of multiple monsters stronger than Bakuzan, this statement is claiming that there are "more monsters as strong as Gouketsu"- it must be referencing the anime or just adding a new statement in there.
If it is referencing something potentially non-canon then it becomes a lot more questionable to scaling the monsters based on that.

Now that I'm re-reading the statement I don't even think it's referencing the manga statement. It's mostly a character bio and at the end it says: "He (Gouketsu) declared that there are more monsters within the association that are easily as strong as him".

If it is referencing something potentially non-canon then it becomes a lot more questionable to scaling the monsters based on that.
It was said earlier in the thread that the stuff in the anime guidebooks was said and approved by ONE and Murata, so I think it should be taken as canon especially since the anime and OVA's were looked over and approved by ONE and Murata (which was also shown earlier in the thread).

It was said earlier in the thread that the stuff in the anime guidebooks was said and approved by ONE and Murata, so I think it should be taken as canon especially since the anime and OVA's were looked over and approved by ONE and Murata (which was also shown earlier in the thread).
They did go to the trouble of interviewing ONE for the guidebook and they've included the original sketches ONE made for the OVAs as well, making these guidebooks canon in part. Did they say ONE had approved all the statements within the guidebook?

They did go to the trouble of interviewing ONE for the guidebook and they've included the original sketches ONE made for the OVAs as well, making these guidebooks canon in part. Did they say ONE had approved all the statements within the guidebook?
I thought that was the case. I could be wrong. (Please, I don't want to be wrong, 7-A S-Class relies on this)!

Well... perhaps someone here already knows that? There are a few people who read the guidebook back to front, myself included (but I can't remember if/where was specified lol). Does anyone know off the top of his head? If not, we'll just have to read the whole thing through and look around for possible outside context.

ONE said in the interview in the guide that he looked over the scripts of the anime and chose which lines stayed in and which were cut. The director said the same thing, and he also said that the OVA's were created from ONE's ideas and sometimes ONE just came up with an idea and they went with it.

I don't know if there was any confirmation of the guidebook being canon (I see no reason for it not to be), but I only skim read and didn't read every page of the guidebook, so I could be wrong on that.

Back