• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WandaVision MCU Spoiler Discussion Thread

Nah this was pretty unanimously agreed upon since it was pretty blatantly shown she did it.
Bruh. Please reread what I said.
I said I DO NOT DISAGREE with Wanda creating it. As in, I am unopposed to that idea.
I also further clarified that I think she IS responsible for it. (If not know so, given the show's... erm... showings.) I also think she caused the majority of other supernatural events.
I was not expressing disagreement with the notion.
She rewound Time at least 2 other times in those earlier episodes so it's not just the eggs that granted her that ability.
Fair. (Though, I'm unsure if she can do so outside of the hex, since she did one with a rewind visual, & it's her show, in-universe, while other instances where on things likely created as part of the Hex.)
Still, more abilities may be involved in doing the turkey feat than only Time Manipulation.
Hence why I rambled about the additional possible abilities that may be granted to Wanda for that feat.
It might be Time Manipulation+Age Manipulation+Biological Manipulation+Creation, for example. Theoretically, Teleportation could have been involved, since how did the other eggs get there?

In large part because a singular turkey does not become multiple eggs through creation, nor death. The only way you get multiple eggs where a turkey was is if it laid all of them then disappeared. (Whether this is possible can easily be told by looking at the turkey, since males & females are visually distinct.)
By that logic, she could have Death Manipulated it.
There is no evidence showing she can't use that outside of the Hex, she's blatantly shown and said to be one of the strongest being with crazy hax plus she's still able to do things like transform/create her scarlet with costume when the hex is down so we have more evidence that not all abilities require the hex. I think that should stay as is until otherwise noted in Dr. Strange
Yeah, understandable. Don't assume her powerset is limited until given evidence to the contrary, right?

Bruh. Please reread what I said.
I said I DO NOT DISAGREE with Wanda creating it. As in, I am unopposed to that idea.
Lol no bro you're good I was responding to you saying this
Since it seemed like an earlier point of contention that may still be of concern

I was saying that now it's not really contented on since we all like pretty much unanimously agreed on her being the one who created it now

might be Time Manipulation+Age Manipulation+Biological Manipulation+Creation, for example. Theoretically, Teleportation could have been involved, since how did the other eggs get there?
Yeah I hear ya but in terms of these I believe she has all of these now with the exception of Age Manipulation so they're still possibly what she used and it would be justified to have that opinion since those are abilities she has shown.
Yeah, understandable. Don't assume her powerset is limited until given evidence to the contrary
And yep

Lol no bro you're good I was responding to you saying this "Imaginym: Since it seemed like an earlier point of contention that may still be of concern"
By that, I meant that it was my personal perception that some people found it an unpleasant matter to debate & me bringing up WandaVision might bother some people. Precautionary statement, really.
I was saying that now it's not really contented on since we all like pretty much unanimously agreed on her being the one who created it now
Fair.
Yeah I hear ya but in terms of these I believe she has all of these now with the exception of Age Manipulation so they're still possibly what she used and it would be justified to have that opinion since those are abilities she has shown.
It could be worthwhile to include the feat in the justifications for those abilities. Also, she indeed does NOT have Age Manipulation listed on her profile. & why shouldn't she have it if she did Age Manipulate that turkey & how the twins aged (Whether they're magical constructs or not.) is a product of her abilities?

Also, she indeed does NOT have Age Manipulation listed on her profile. & why shouldn't she have it if she did Age Manipulate that turkey & how the twins aged (Whether they're magical constructs or not.) is a product of her abilities?
She literally couldn't control the kids and Agatha also says that same thing plus they were aging themselves up not Wanda though I can say I personally am not against her having it as it could be justifiable as you presented and its not really controversial either, those are just counter points I presented at the top. Even saying something like she doesn't have intangibility even when Monica's powers are a direct result of Wanda's biological manip so why should she have Age Manipulation.

She literally couldn't control the kids and Agatha also says that same thing plus they were aging themselves up not Wanda though I can say I personally am not against her having it as it could be justifiable as you presented and its not really controversial either, those are just counter points I presented at the top. Even saying something like she doesn't have intangibility even when Monica's powers are a direct result of Wanda's biological manip so why should she have Age Manipulation.
My bad on my memory. & yeah, just because Wanda granted Intangibility doesn't necessarily mean she herself has it is what you mean, right?

My bad on my memory. & yeah, just because Wanda granted Intangibility doesn't necessarily mean she herself has it is what you mean, right?
Yeah there's just a few counter arguements for giving her abilities of a bi-product of things she directly affected or created manifesting those abilities, It's a weird spot with giving her that but I can see it both ways

Kinda similar to how Kingpin was collapsing dimensions together just so he could see his family again in Spider-verse (he is still a villain but has understandable motivations).
Yep, probably that. Except that I have the feeling it will simply get the attention of something much worse.

I kinda doubt she'll be the villain especially after she should've learned her lesson here.
Nah, she went, "ah shit", looked sad, then flew off after enslaving a whole town for her desires. She needs to do way more for a proper redemption arc, and the way WandaVision handled what she did as heroism was a pretty bad part of the show

She will have some problems and will be unstable I think but she won't be a full-blown villain. She's meant to be a heroine I believe.

A lot was cut from the story due to covid especially those final few episodes, I don't think she deserves some kind of super severe punishment or anything the towns people already hate her and the ramifications of this incident could very easily be far reaching and extend out further into the future of the MCU I don't think some "grrr you did a bad thing" punishment is all that necessary or appropriate to the story

Ah, I get it now.
Its less you wanting her to be the villain and more you being salty she didn't get any punishment.
She did do somethings that were pretty sus.

It's not just me wanting punishment, more that the show had a very way on presenting Wanda's actions.

Although, there COULD be a way to make her become the villain in movies. Wanda finds out Billy and Tommy where they are, Mephisto makes a deal that Wanda can get them back if she does something evil but if she doesn't Mephisto will kill them. Wanda does it but things go south afterwards

A lot was cut from the story due to covid especially those final few episodes, I don't think she deserves some kind of super severe punishment or anything the towns people already hate her and the ramifications of this incident could very easily be far reaching and extend out further into the future of the MCU I don't think some "grrr you did a bad thing" punishment is all that necessary or appropriate to the story
That is true, I heard a Strange cameo, along with a weird plot with senior scratchy, and another episode, was planned but due to Covid they had to cut it

She did do somethings that were pretty sus.

It's not just me wanting punishment, more that the show had a very way on presenting Wanda's actions.

Although, there COULD be a way to make her become the villain in movies. Wanda finds out Billy and Tommy where they are, Mephisto makes a deal that Wanda can get them back if she does something evil but if she doesn't Mephisto will kill them. Wanda does it but things go south afterwards
She did very amoral things yes but she has already been punished. She lost her husband and the family she got again and she is hated by numerous people, not to mention having been treated more as a terrorist and a "thing" than a person for a large part of her life. I personally believe a sad backstory doesn't excuse immoral actions but there is a degree to take into account and in my eyes, Wanda has suffered enough. She will cause some mayhem and will be unstable but I don't think she will be a full-blown villain (we already have Mordo and we'll probably have someone like Nightmare).

I'm okay with Wanda being punished further. She trapped & mind controlled people, it was implied to be painful. They shared her nightmares;.
& it wasn't just being trapped in the town. That one lady who begged Wanda to put her daughter in a storyline, because she hasn't seen her daughter. Her kid hasn't come out of her room, & she's helpless in her own body to do anything about it.

The person who begged to write a letter, to tell their spouse not to come to Westview.

Presumably, it wasn't just the adults, but the kids, too.
Hundreds, if not thousands of innocents & vulhnerables, of all sorts, traumatized.

Heck, she downgraded Westview's technology. If anyone depended on modern technologies, like features of hospitals from the last few decades, she endangered their lives.
To say nothing of the indirect danger she brought thanks to setting up a literally giant, red beacon to bring SWORD & other potentially dangerous military groups there.

Whenever it was she first could have known it's all her doing, she should have tried to stop it, & her being in denial for some of those weeks while kids lay trapped in their rooms, immobile & likely unfed... doesn't help her case.

I'm not exactly against it either, what she did was really immoral and she deserves to be called-out for it. And no, there is no presumably, there were children in this town. So she should be ashamed of what she did

It's just that I don't think she deserves to become a villain and die. Her backstory shows that she must be the character who suffered the most among the Avengers. It doesn't excuse anything but it helps to understand her. It's not like she did that out of a lust for power or sadism, she was just so desperate to finally have something worth to live she refused to care about others and I'm pretty sure she deeply regret it. The fact that said others mostly saw her as a terrorist and a monster even before that definitely didn't help her to have any empathy for them. Not that I don't have empathy for them but I understand her reasoning. And again, it's much easier to pity her than Agatha (except for the part with her mother...maybe).

On a meta perspective, I don't think they will do that simply because it would just be a Dark Phoenix story-like. It suits the character but it would just be redundant

On a meta perspective, I don't think they will do that simply because it would just be a Dark Phoenix story-like. It suits the character but it would just be redundant
How do you mean by this? I should clarify I have no idea at all what Dark Phoenix is.

How do you mean by this? I should clarify I have no idea at all what Dark Phoenix is.
Dark Phoenix is Jean Grey (X-men) after she awakens the phoenix force within her but gives into the vices of it such as unrestricted freedom, lack of humanity, destructive impulses and all the corruption that comes with giving someone absolute power (especially someone whose been treated like a monster and discriminated against since childhood).

In the comics; she didn't have a care in the world which lead her to destroying a star and causing the extinction of an entire alien species.

In the movies; In the original timeline she killed Cyclops, Professor X plus a bunch of other mutants as well as humans (she essentially Thanos'ed them) while in the new timeline she killed Mystique (whose a world renowned hero in this timeline), caused the death of her mother (albeit unintentionally) and hurt her friends.

Naturally in almost every form of media Jean realizes how dangerous the phoenix force is (especially if she gives into her dark-side) then becomes guilt ridden with the aftermath of her actions and sacrifices herself to prevent any further damage as penance.

Until Marvel uses Phoenix Force shenanigans/timeline retcons/reboots to bring her back to life but that's par for the course for most Comic characters.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure noone in the X-Men fandom considers Dark Pheonix a canon movie due to how bad it was
I knew it was bad when Quicksilver was taken out of commission early in the movie you know that one character (aside from DP and Wolverine) that's been hard carrying the "new" X-men movies.

At least he wasn't used for a boner joke tho.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure noone in the X-Men fandom considers Dark Pheonix a canon movie due to how bad it was
That movie was even worse than Apocalypse. At least Apocalypse was funny. DP was just boring af. No thrill, no fun, nothing. Literally, I felt nothing watching it. The only thing that was somehow cool was how Magneto was using his powers in some scenes.

Surprisingly, I couldn't find a link to this in here. It was at the end of the Revision Thread:
https://vsbattles.com/threads/falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-mcu-spoiler-discussion-thread.113393/
But yeah. I guess in the absence of anything WandaVision to discuss, we go & discuss Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Or not.
Yep that's exactly what happens we move onto the next thread when we're done here.

With Monica, Agatha & co.
We had some profiles started for them that were supposed to be addressed in the part 2 of the CRT but ig we just haven't gotten around to completing them and starting the CRT

We had some profiles started for them that were supposed to be addressed in the part 2 of the CRT but ig we just haven't gotten around to completing them and starting the CRT
Ok. Then I'll wait for the second part of the CRT. I have almost finished the potential profile I could make for Agatha btw.

Back