• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

"...I...mostly just felt a bit wet..." Ashe murmured. He rubbed his eyes with a free hand, blinking as his vision gradually, slowly returned to the present. With each movement, small droplets of water fell from his skin, smelling of the salty brine of the sea.

"...Felt like I was seein' things that weren't there for a bit though."

"Haa... Ha..." Yuri shook her head, slowly regaining her composure. She began slowly opening her eyes... She felt physically much stronger, but at the same time, her vision felt so much... clearer. "That was uh... unpleasant..."

She then looked down at Tom's lifeless body, "Is... Is he... d-dead...?"

Knowledge had started to flow into Hikaru’s mind regarding his new powers. As he tried to sort it out he found that some of the information was familiar. Still his head was hurting a bit from taking it all in. Once it subsided a little he began to feel something else. The special talisman he found before. He could feel a kind of will or life from it like some kind of connection. He pulled it out of its container and began to examine it.

Ashe glanced down at Tom, slowly shaking his head.

"Maybe he's just tired. I've collapsed like that a couple of times." Ashe said, wobbling closer to the man.

"...I Guess it's kinda weird for someone who ain't sick to do that though..."

Ashe glanced down at Tom, slowly shaking his head.

"Maybe he's just tired. I've collapsed like that a couple of times." Ashe said, wobbling closer to the man.

"...I Guess it's kinda weird for someone who ain't sick to do that though..."
when you look closely, you can notice that there is no involuntary movement that the body makes when you sleep and he is not breathing, everything just went out

As they grabbed the objects that lay in front of them, they could feel immense amounts of energy erupt from every cell in their body, slowly beginning to change them...

(Up to yall to decide how exactly they change here.)
Nigel's eyes turn red as he bursts into flames, then returns to normal, then briefly fluctuates in size, before entering his normal state again. "Excellent."

As they grabbed the objects that lay in front of them, they could feel immense amounts of energy erupt from every cell in their body, slowly beginning to change them...

(Up to yall to decide how exactly they change here.)
"If he is, and you don't save him, I am dissecting him." Hyde said, emerging from the swirling darkness and approaching the man, his eyes narrowing down at the body

"Was it supposed to hurt that much...?!" Kuthaliara murmured as she shook herself and got over to Yuri

"Are we sure we should be waiting around talking about this?" Drew asked

"...No, his heart definitely is not beating." Yuri said, walking closer to the corpse.

"Nor is he breathing... He may have had a heart attack from shock when he touched his orb."
"...That quickly? I...guess heart attacks must be pretty bad, then." Ashe said absentmindedly, not really understanding what that entailed.

"...Erm...M'lord...can you...revive that man again?" He asked softly, glancing at the being of sand.

"...That quickly? I...guess heart attacks must be pretty bad, then." Ashe said absentmindedly, not really understanding what that entailed.

"...Erm...M'lord...can you...revive that man again?" He asked softly, glancing at the being of sand.
"I don't know! The other gentleman over there said it hurt for him to, so..." Yuri rubbed her chin in thought, pondering this.
Kuthaliara got a smirk again "will Ashe be of any help to you in helping him?" Kuthaliara asked

"Oh, he'll be fine. Give it a few seconds." Ex said, amusement laced in his ethereal voice.

"Wait, that's happened before?" Jack asked with a slight amount of fear in his voice.
"Several times. You know you humans and your fragile hearts..." Ex explained, "Sometimes the shock is just to much!"
"Oh...really? Huh...I guess heart attacks must not be so bad, then." Ashe said, nodding a bit.

"...Though...I can't say I've ever heard of someone's heart being attacked..." He muttered, scratching his head.
"...Sir, it's... your heart isn't actually being attacked, when you experience a heart attack. It is when blood flow to your heart is obstructed, causing the cells in your heart to begin dying." Yuri explained.

"...Sir, it's... your heart isn't actually being attacked, when you experience a heart attack. It is when blood flow to your heart is obstructed, causing the cells in your heart to begin dying." Yuri explained.
Ashe blinked, glancing at her blankly for a moment.

"Oh! And uh...cells...are...uh...those...uh..." Ashe said, clearly having no idea what those were.

"Wanna fly?" Kuthaliara asked Ashe, smirking
"....Uh...I ain't much built for flying, ma'am" Ashe said absentmindedly.

"Oh! And uh...cells...are...uh...those...uh..." Ashe said, clearly having no idea what those were.

"....Uh...I ain't much built for flying, ma'am" Ashe said absentmindedly.
"The building blocks of your body, if you really want it technical, 43 percent of your body is made up of cells, the rest is blood and bone tissue and the like." Hyde said

"Oh don't worry... I'll hold you." Kuthaliara said, this time excited to fly without an aircraft

"...They are what makes up your body, Sir. Your skin, your muscles, your bones... Are all made from cells. You have an innumerable amount of cells that make your body work." Yuri explained, smiling.

Ba-bump... Ba-bump...

A dead heartbeat slowly starting to thump once more. Hands twitching. Eyes suddenly dart open as the ringing in her ears clears to reveal... conversation? People talking around her. A horrid settling in her stomach begins as she starts to realize this is nothing like the afterlife. Scared, she begins to shuffle back and with terror in her eyes, tries to crab-walk backwards away from the group while trying to get herself back on her feet.

"...They are what makes up your body, Sir. Your skin, your muscles, your bones... Are all made from cells. You have an innumerable amount of cells that make your body work." Yuri explained, smiling.
"......" Ashe glanced at her blankly, before slowly nodding.

"...Never knew there were smaller parts of the body than hair n' stuff like that. Guess ya learn something new every day..." He said. He returned her smile, but it was clear he was still mostly oblivious to what she was talking about.

"Oh don't worry... I'll hold you." Kuthaliara said, this time excited to fly without an aircraft
Ashe glanced at her for a moment, before slowly shaking his head.

"...No thanks, ma'am. A man's gotta learn how to walk good before he learns how to fly, I think." He said, flashing her a small smile.

"......" Ashe glanced at her blankly, before slowly nodding.

"...Never knew there were smaller parts of the body than hair n' stuff like that. Guess ya learn something new every day..." He said. He returned her smile, but it was clear he was still mostly oblivious to what she was talking about.

Ashe glanced at her for a moment, before slowly shaking his head.

"...No thanks, ma'am. A man's gotta learn how to walk good before he learns how to fly, I think." He said, flashing her a small smile.
"You make it sound like I'd drop you!" Kuthaliara said with a smile

Ba-bump... Ba-bump...

A dead heartbeat slowly starting to thump once more. Hands twitching. Eyes suddenly dart open as the ringing in her ears clears to reveal... conversation? People talking around her. A horrid settling in her stomach begins as she starts to realize this is nothing like the afterlife. Scared, she begins to shuffle back and with terror in her eyes, tries to crab-walk backwards away from the group while trying to get herself back on her feet.
Hikaru notices her moving away and asks, "Are you all right? Do you need help?" in a calm voice.

Hikaru notices her moving away and asks, "Are you all right? Do you need help?" in a calm voice.
"What... what is this...? I... I jumped in front of the bullet... I'm sure I did, I... I felt it."

She looks frustrated, afraid, angry... Clenching her fist, then her head. Confusion overwhelms her mind.

"What... what is this...? I... I jumped in front of the bullet... I'm sure I did, I... I felt it."

She looks frustrated, afraid, angry... Clenching her fist, then her head. Confusion overwhelms her mind.

Taking a few cautious steps toward her he responds, "I don't know all the specifics but from what I can gather it seems like everyone here has died in one way or another and after that we were brought here by them." gesturing to the one called Ex.

"Oh, I forgot to mention, some of you may arrive a bit late, like this cutie right here!" Ex explained, "Help her get on her feet, please?"

"There are... more...?" Yuri thought to herself, blinking.

Hikaru quickly nodded to Ex and moving forward a bit more offered a hand to the woman with a smile on his face.
"What do you mean... late? What do you mean -- wake up? I'm supposed to be free!"

Eyes slowly dilating as she was helped up. Though she slowly learned to fall Into old habits. Her mind clicking in a subservient sort of way. Slowly accepting some dark truth to her. She wouldn't ever be free, would she? It was just a flat circle. She furrowed her eyes and shook her head.

"Apologies... for my outburst..."

"What do you mean... late? What do you mean -- wake up? I'm supposed to be free!"

Eyes slowly dilating as she was helped up. Though she slowly learned to fall Into old habits. Her mind clicking in a subservient sort of way. Slowly accepting some dark truth to her. She wouldn't ever be free, would she? It was just a flat circle. She furrowed her eyes and shook her head.

"We're just as confused as you, ma'am..." Yuri said, bowing lightly to her. "We all got here presumably the same way you did... By dying."

"....M'lord sure brought some intrestin' folk. Don't think I'd have met anyone like these fella's back home..." Ashe thought, his golden eyes glancing at the woman who had just appeared.

"...Why is she apologizin'? Did something bad happen?" Ashe said blankly, glancing around.

"It's alright. Like they said this situation is beyond abnormal." Hikaru said, "And we still haven't been told what exactly we are to do."

"....M'lord sure brought some intrestin' folk. Don't think I'd have met anyone like these fella's back home..." Ashe thought, his golden eyes glancing at the woman who had just appeared.

"...Why is she apologizin'? Did something bad happen?" Ashe said blankly, glancing around.
"Dunno. Also are you from somewhere in the Southern United States by any chance?" Kuthaliara asked

"It's quite alright, ma'am. If I may ask, what is your name?" Jack asked in a soft, but stern tone.
"....United...states?" Ashe said blankly. He stared at her for a moment, uncomprehending.

"......."

"What's a state?"
"You don't know what the USA is? I find that quite impossible for anyone born after 1776!" Jack replied.

Destiny feels her power rising tremendously in an abrupt moment. She looks closely at her hands and feels an invisible aura emanating from them.

“…Well well…” Destiny says with a chuckle.

As she looks at her waist she sees a small pot made of some kind of metallic material.

"....1...7...7...6?" Ashe said blankly. He thought about this for a moment, before awkwardly scratching his neck, a bit of seawater spilling from his skin with the motion.

"....Erm'...sir. Are those...numbers supposed to mean somethin'?"
"Wait, wait, wait... Where are you from, sir...?" Yuri questioned, tilting her head.

Back