• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

"This...? Oh, you mean this space! This isn't the Afterlife, I have purposely brought you here! If I didn't, you'd just be floating endlessly in a void of nothing for all eternity. There's no such thing as the Afterlife."
"..." Nigel is confused. He thinks briefly, and then realizes something is wrong. He was brought here for a reason.

The being chuckled.

"Before we continue, I should... formally introduce my self to you all. My name is 'Ex'. I am what you beings would refer to as 'God'.. Or a God out of many. Yes, I was the one who healed any ailments you may have had in life. And yes... you were all summoned for a purpose."

The being chuckled.

"Before we continue, I should... formally introduce my self to you all. My name is 'Ex'. I am what you beings would refer to as 'God'.. Or a God out of many. Yes, I was the one who healed any ailments you may have had in life. And yes... you were all summoned for a purpose."
"Do tell." Hyde said, putting his hands behind his back

The being chuckled.

Ashe...closed his eyes, taking a soft, deep breath.

"....."

...I...owe you...the greatest debt a man can have...Ex" Ashe said softly. He wasn't sure how to thank the man...not having interacted with many people outside his family...thus...to show his appreciation...he attempted to hug him, wrapping his arms around his form of sand.

"...Thank you..."

"......" Yuri merely remained silent, squinting her eyes.

"You owe me no debt, boy. For as I said, I have brought you here for a reason..." Ex raised his sandy right hand, and within it, ethereal energies began to coalesce... into a solid, glowing sphere. Ashe would merely pass through Ex as he tried to hug him, seemingly unable to grasp at... well, sand that was basically floating in the shape of a man.

"How would you all like... to be able to manipulate destiny?"

"You owe me no debt, boy. For as I said, I have brought you here for a reason..." Ex raised his sandy right hand, and within it, ethereal energies began to coalesce... into a solid, glowing sphere.

"That would be awesome!" Kuthaliara immediately said

"And what kind of drawback is there to this?" Hyde asked

Drew simply nodded

"You owe me no debt, boy. For as I said, I have brought you here for a reason..." Ex raised his sandy right hand, and within it, ethereal energies began to coalesce... into a solid, glowing sphere. Ashe would merely pass through Ex as he tried to hug him, seemingly unable to grasp at... well, sand that was basically floating in the shape of a man.

"While that would be cool, I think that could cause certain problems or well in hands of mortals"

“That sounds incredible. Is there a cost?” Hikaru asks.

"...M...manipulatin' destiny?" Ashe asked blankly.

"....I...ain't think I'm interested in anything as lofty as that...I'm just...glad to be able to live again, I suppose..." Ashe said, rubbing a hand across his neck.

Destiny chuckles.

"Sounds good..." she says with a sly smile.

"Amazing question! What. Is. This. Place?"

Like a loud intercom, a voice rang throughout the space, the voice of a young child to be specific. A shiver was sent down your spines... you were now being watched by something.

"Huhhh, what's this now?" the man in the glasses said.

"W-what's going on?" she asked.

For a second, everything went black. The sweet bliss of non-existence had swallowed Jack up in an instant; but just as fast as it had swallowed him, it spit him out.

He woke up, like he had many times before when he was out partying: weak-headed and nauseous. He woke up surrounded by a group of strangers from various corners of life, or so he assumed.

"Arthur, that son of a....Uh, where the hell am I, and who are you people?" Jack questioned with a demanding tone.

For a second, everything went black. The sweet bliss of non-existence had swallowed Jack up in an instant; but just as fast as it had swallowed him, it spit him out.

He woke up, like he had many times before when he was out partying: weak-headed and nauseous. He woke up surrounded by a group of strangers from various corners of life, or so he assumed.

"Arthur, that son of a....Uh, where the hell am I, and who are you people?" Jack questioned with a demanding tone.
"Name's Anuttara Loka, you?" he said nonchalantly.

"Uhhh, helloo~" the girl shyly waved her hand, greeting him.

“Oh hello there. My name is Hikaru Saito.” He said with a pleasant smile.

“Oh hello there. My name is Hikaru Saito.” He said with a pleasant smile.
"Hello to you as well. As I said previously, my name is Jack Flynn."
"Gettin' serious now?" Loka asked, slightly giggling.
"Well, either I've had one too many shots of Russo-Baltique, or I'm in Hell, so I'd say seriousness is warranted."
"Hiiii~~" she said shyly, holding her trumpet but kept her face facing downward.
"I must say, that is an excellent horn! Do you play?"

"Well, either I've had one too many shots of Russo-Baltique, or I'm in Hell, so I'd say seriousness is warranted."
"Guess you're the same as the people over there," Loka replied, his arms crossed as he glances to the others.
"I must say, that is an excellent horn! Do you play?"
"Yes, sir! I'm a Jazz musician, s- sir!" she said, slightly surprised as she stumbled on her words.

Nigel is still in the corner, now picking at his nails.

"Gotta be a catch, always a catch. Power ain't free." he whispers. "We're gonna have to kill each other again, I swear."

"Guess you're the same as the people over there," Loka replied, his arms crossed as he glances to the others.
"Well, then I know who I'll be getting along with splendidly!" Jack replied with an upbeat tone in his voice. "By the way, what's with the sandy dude? Is he Satan or something?" Jack asked with a nervous yet interested look on his face.
"Yes, sir! I'm a Jazz musician, s- sir!" she said, slightly surprised as she stumbled on her words.
"Oh, what fun! I actually happened to grow up in New Orleans myself, so I know my way around some jazz." Jack said, with joy starting to leak out of his serious persona. "I play the Trombone, or used to, I guess."
Nigel is still in the corner, now picking at his nails.

"Gotta be a catch, always a catch. Power ain't free." he whispers. "We're gonna have to kill each other again, I swear."
"I'm sorry, did you say power?" Jack questioned with a twinkle in his eye, almost as if he were a completely different person at the mere mention of it.

"Well, then I know who I'll be getting along with splendidly!" Jack replied with an upbeat tone in his voice. "By the way, what's with the sandy dude? Is he Satan or something?" Jack asked with a nervous yet interested look on his face.
"Beats me..." he replied, shrugging.
"Oh, what fun! I actually happened to grow up in New Orleans myself, so I know my way around some jazz." Jack said, with joy starting to leak out of his serious persona. "I play the Trombone, or used to, I guess."
"That's n-nice sir, glad to have someone with the same interest..." she said.

"Beats me..." he replied, shrugging.
"Well shit, guess I'll ask him directly."
"That's n-nice sir, glad to have someone with the same interest..." she said.
"Indeed! Hopefully I can get my hands on one while I'm here."
"Yes yes... You all will have many questions, obviously. Which I, of course, will promptly answer!"

The hourglass that floated in the sky shone... And the sand began to float downward. The sparkling sand began to slowly form into something... the shape of a person. It took only a few moments for the sand to take shape fully, now fully resembling a human being in shape.

"Ah, yes... I believe this is an adequate form. Or would you all rather me take a more lifelike appearance?"
"Hey, Sandman, who are you and what is this place?"

"Now Now Now, do calm down. The power that I offer all of you does not come at the price of something so lofty as a fight to the death!" Ex said. With a wave of his hand, the neon colored sphere in his hand dissipated into the air. A few moments later, several other spheres of varying color manifested in front of each person there, floating around them like a planet orbiting the sun.

"To obtain the power I speak of, you need only grasp what lay in front of you. Quite simple, don't you all agree?"

Hyde studies the deep purple ball with flashes of ethereal blue swirling around him, he silently smiled, and grabbed it in an instant being the first to throw caution to the wind and take his newfound power in a swirl of darkness

"Seems pretty cool!" Kuthaliara said, seeing Hyde begin his transformation and swiftly catching the ball that was various shades of green around her, gritting her teeth in pain as she felt the energy flowing into her, the undercoat of her hair becoming a deep leaf green that seemed reflective, before she simply breathed out

"I will see you all on the other side." Drew said politely, allowing the ball to simply go into his hand as he experienced the least amount of flashiness of all, simply receiving a staff-like thing that was obviously Egyptian to those who knew, though on the inside he felt like he was being torn apart

"Now Now Now, do calm down. The power that I offer all of you does not come at the price of something so lofty as a fight to the death!" Ex said. With a wave of his hand, the neon colored sphere in his hand dissipated into the air. A few moments later, several other spheres of varying color manifested in front of each person there, floating around them like a planet orbiting the sun.

"To obtain the power I speak of, you need only grasp what lay in front of you. Quite simple, don't you all agree?"
"Really? No caveats? This sounds too good to be true..." Loka asked nonchalantly, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh- oh! M-maybe with this power, I can finally continue my music career!" the girl exclaimed.

"...Really..?" Destiny grabs at the sphere in front of her.

As they grabbed the objects that lay in front of them, they could feel immense amounts of energy erupt from every cell in their body, slowly beginning to change them...

(Up to yall to decide how exactly they change here.)

As this new power burst forth, Hikaru could feel two different forces within him. The light and darkness. Both of these powers radiated from him for a few moments before fading. Looking himself over Hikaru then found a small container that contained what he recognised as talismans used in various occult rituals. There was also another container with one very special talisman inside.

"How are you all just accepting this so easily...!? Do you trust this... sand person...?" Yuri muttered, staring at the floating orb in front of her with immense caution.

"How are you all just accepting this so easily...!? Do you trust this... sand person...?" Yuri muttered, staring at the floating orb in front of her with immense caution.
"Take the sphere of power is basically an implication that you accept the future ideas of Ex, I think we should really think about it" Tom said agreeing with Yuri

"This still seems a little fishy, but what the hell! Not like I'm going anywhere else for a while." Jack said in a joking tone. He snatched the orb in front of him, wanting this power all to himself. His body started to glow a golden-red, and he grew more muscular than he had ever been before. The pain was unbearable; energy and information that wasn't his flowing through him and thrashing around in his body like the blades of a thousand soldiers. And yet, it was over in an instant. He felt stonger, faster, smarter, and young again.

"......." Ashe said nothing for a moment. Slowly, he reached a trembling hand outward, grasping the orb of energy in front of him. Immediately...the intense...yet oh, so familiar scent of the sea flooded his nostrils, granting him a sense of comfort he hadn't felt since he came to this strange new world. His skin moisten, and the man felt as if he had been forcefully submerged deep...deep into a body of water. He felt a brief sensation that could only be described as drowning...before his lungs rapidly began to acclimate to the strange, new feeling covering his lungs.

His very body itself seemed to... destabilized. Become malleable, adaptable, and versatile. This didn't seem to incur any physical changes on his flesh by itself...but...he felt as though the rigid, unchanging shape of the human body had suddenly become much, much more flexible. It was at this moment... that his mind has fully acclimated with his newfound flesh, the young man finally able to feel the familiar sensation of his complete awareness of his body processes. And with this awareness...he confirmed it.

He had been cured. Completely and totally, the being having seemingly ripped the illness from his very flesh. The thought of such still caused the young man to tremble with happiness, a wide toothy grin stretching across his cheeks.

But...that wasn't all he knew. for a brief moment...he experienced something, his eyes widening as he saw the group first enter this strange new world, the events replaying in his mind as if he had experienced it all within a single moment. It...confused him, to say the least...but he wasn't one to question such blessings.

"......" Ashe ran a hand across his hair, which was now in a perpetual state of wetness.

"...He cured me, ma'am..." He said softly.

"...You...might not...get it, but...any person who will...help ya like that...treat your flesh and fix ya back to health..."

"...They can't be bad, can they?"

"...." Yuri remained silent, staring at the orb in front of her.

"I... Um..." She stuttered on her words for a few moments.

"Uhhh...! Fine!" She reached out, and grabbed the orb with all of her might. And in that moment... Her eyes widened, Yuri able to feel countless hours of knowledge violently stab itself into her psyche, having a similar reaction to Jack. She immediately fell to her knees, gripping her head.

"A-Ahh...!!"

"...." Yuri remained silent, staring at the orb in front of her.

"I... Um..." She stuttered on her words for a few moments.

"Uhhh...! Fine!" She reached out, and grabbed the orb with all of her might. And in that moment... Her eyes widened, Yuri able to feel countless hours of knowledge violently stab itself into her psyche, having a similar reaction to Jack. She immediately fell to her knees, gripping her head.

"A-Ahh...!!"
"Ma'am!" Ashe said, alarm clear in his voice. He blinked, trying to rid himself of the weird...visions, that seemingly began to pop into his mind. It was almost like he was seeing what Yuri would do a second before she did so, this desync between his personal vision and the time around him further destabilizing his already clumsy movements. Hastily, he extended his hand toward her...or rather, at the place he saw her 1 second in the future, attempting to help her up.

"Ha... Ha... Lord... This... This hurts..." Yuri muttered, slowly getting up with Ashe's help, her eyes tightly shut.

"D-Did this happen for the rest of you...!?"

"Ha... Ha... Lord... This... This hurts..." Yuri muttered, slowly getting up with Ashe's help, her eyes tightly shut.

"D-Did this happen for the rest of you...!?"
"It felt like all my cells were filled with salt and then set on fire, so I'd sat yeah." Jack replied in a joking but depressing tone.

Back