• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Registration Thread

azontr

He/Him
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to go into a Fantasy World? To gain supernatural powers, to create friendships that'd last a lifetime? Have you ever wanted to be the protagonist of the world? To make fate itself bend to your very whims, and control the very fabric of time and space itself? Now, you have the chance to do just that.

You have recently died a horrible death. Your life, cut short by events outside of your control. Whether it be an accident, disease or illness... or if you had been murdered. The world around you goes completely blank... and the light is snuffed out.

But, contrary to what you expected... You've awoken in a strange place, a place you've never seen before, as an entirely different creature from a human known as an Apostle, given a chance. A chance to defy destiny itself... You are invited to become a Tower Walker, and to climb the Tree of Creation, Yggdrasil. The tree stretches countless floors into the endless oblivion of the space-time macrocosm you currently reside in, and within it, countless treasures await you, and so does the opportunity... To challenge the countless Gods that await you on your journey. Partnered with people from different worlds and different times, with your vitality and youth restored from when you were old and frail in life, you are given a chance...

Will you answer the call, and climb the Tower? Will you Shatter Fate? Choose.

If you have chosen to defy destiny... below, you shall see the tools you will gifted on your journey. (Create your character Sandbox with the info below)

You are an Apostle, merged with a Spirit of history long past, a crystallization of times and myths long past in the Human World. Of this strength, you are granted 3 paths, decided by your bloodline.

The Breaker of Fate (Breaker-Class) - You are a Breaker, and your strength and skill is unrivaled among the 3 Great Cycles. Your senses for battle are without equal, and your vitality has no match, as dictated by your bloodline and your contracted Spirit. You utilize Aura to perform what is known as a Skill, the culmination of your Might. Be wary, though... Pushing beyond your limits can break your body beyond repair.

The Supporter of Fate (Saint-Class) - You are a Saint, someone who uplifts and supports the world around them with charisma and leadership. You dabble in the arts of healing and medicine, and primarily will help others around you succeed instead of taking a frontal role, though, ultimately... that is up to you. You utilize Prana to perform what is known as an Art, the culmination of your Heart and will to survive. Tread with caution when utilizing Prana, lest you want to drain your own life energy...

The Controller of Fate (Shaman-Class) - You are a Shaman, your skill in the the ways of the 7 Mystics knows no bounds. You have a high capacity for learning, and your knowledge of the ways of the world and its sciences goes above and beyond the rest, allowing you to bend reality itself... You utilize Mana to perform what is known as a Spell, the culmination of your accumulated Mind and knowledge. Practice mysticism very carefully... overuse can drive you into madness you'd never conceive.

You are given the choice to only 3 Skills, Arts, or Spells. Anymore could splice you across time itself.

Below you awaits knowledge of your physical capabilities... (Your character stats)

As someone who defies Fate, an Apostle, your strength is without doubt far beyond any normal human. One of the Breaker-Class can easily annihilate an entire forest (8-B - 11.8 Tons) should it suit their fancy, with Shamans and Saints being far behind them without doubt, but not incomparable with their Arts and Spells. You bare powers capable of completely rending a human's spinal cord from their body should you desire (Class K), and your swiftness is as such that you can break through the atmosphere of any normal sized planet with sheer agility (High Hypersonic - Mach 32.65).

You are without doubt Superhuman in all right, and will only continue to grow in the future..

And below... I will offer you words of caution. (General rules)

Okay, I'm no longer talking in narrator... Ahem.

You only get 3 Skills, Arts, or Spells, as stated above. Each of them can have multiple applications/powers tied into the Skill or Art but this varies and will be evaluated case-by case.

Your abilities/Apostle-Class are based on historical figures and great myths that have merged with you, as explained above. For example; King Arthur, or Lancelot. Modern myth or history is allowed.

I linked the general ability page up above but here is the Apostle Physiology, showing the general applications of any of the 3 Great Cycles, and your general abilities granted to you as an Apostle.

Put your characters here whenever they get approved for use.

I trust that you are prepared for your journey, Walker... May you reach enlightenment on your path to the top... and Goodbye.​

Wait, so we like, choose a mythological figure, pull up 3 skills, and then add Apostle Physiology?
I don't seem to understand your question, but I'll condense it down here if you find the words confusing: You're an Apostle. An Apostle is based of a historical/mythological figure. That determines your powers. Apostle Physiology just details general powers, outside of Skills, Arts, or Spells, that an Apostle has.

I don't seem to understand your question, but I'll condense it down here if you find the words confusing: You're an Apostle. An Apostle is based of a historical/mythological figure. That determines your powers. Apostle Physiology just details general powers, outside of Skills, Arts, or Spells, that an Apostle has.
That is exactly what I was asking about, thank you.

Don't really know. It's meant to be a mid-high hax RP but that's not really available early game, so, what ideas did you have (so I can evaluate them)?
Well, I was thinking I'd run Typhon as my mythological figure, so for abilities, I'd be using:

The Skill "Mind of the Hydra," which causes any part of the body that is lost to grow back at a decent speed, so long as the brain(somewhat more durable than the rest of the body) is intact.

The Art "Heart of Ladon," which would allow them to create, control, and move through various kinds of organic material, primarily plant matter.

The Spell "Mouth of Cerberus," a gate that leads into a hellish plane and would allow some variety of attacks, such as hellfire-based ones.

Well, I was thinking I'd run Typhon as my mythological figure, so for abilities, I'd be using:

The Skill "Mind of the Hydra," which causes any part of the body that is lost to grow back at a decent speed, so long as the brain(somewhat more durable than the rest of the body) is intact.

The Art "Heart of Ladon," which would allow them to create, control, and move through various kinds of organic material, primarily plant matter.

The Spell "Mouth of Cerberus," a gate that leads into a hellish plane and would allow some variety of attacks, such as hellfire-based ones.
I think you may be confused.

Skills, Arts, and Spells are 3 separate things only available to a single class of Apostle. You have to pick a specific class and only get the personal ability system of that Class. You can't have all three.

I think you may be confused.

Skills, Arts, and Spells are 3 separate things only available to a single class of Apostle. You have to pick a specific class and only get the personal ability system of that Class. You can't have all three.
So, would I be able to classify all 3 as Skills?

So, would I be able to classify all 3 as Skills?
Based on the description of the skills, it sounds like something a Shaman or a Saint would have. Skills are abilities like uh... Martial Arts techniques, or big attacks that focus on power and speed, or, as the name implies, Skill. Which is exclusive to Apostles of the Breaker-Class.
Sun Wukong
Allowed?
Sure.

Based on the description of the skills, it sounds like something a Shaman or a Saint would have. Skills are abilities like uh... Martial Arts techniques, or big attacks that focus on power and speed, or, as the name implies, Skill. Which is exclusive to Apostles of the Breaker-Class.
Alright, I guess I'll go with Arts then.

Would Alice (Alice in Wonderland) or Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) be allowed? Might be a bit far out since they're stories rather than myths and folktales, but if possible, a stylized version of one of these would be fun. (If not, I'll just do a version of Goldilocks similar to The Last Wish)

I'm not done yet, but I want to see if I'm on the right track here.

Name: Destiny Bowens

Class: Controller of Fate (Shaman-Class)

Legend/Myth: Tituba of The Salem Witch Trials.

Spells:

A Witch's Evil Influence (Evil Influence/Evil Touch for Short):
Anything Destiny touches has been influenced by her evil and satanic nature as a practitioner of evil/dark witchcraft. All things influenced by her evil touch are greatly enhanced to the point of even being capable of harming and protecting herself and other apostles. Touching things influenced by her evil touch can also cause Blindness and Hearing Impairment as well as cause Temporary Insanity (Type 2), but only if those individuals have weak willpower and are under the influence of evil actions and/or intentions. This ability is normally passive, but is something Destiny can choose to turn off.

Witch Pot: At her side is a miniscule black pot which works as a pocket storage space where she can place any number of inorganic things by expanding the pot around it. Time Within the pot is stopped and from this pot she can instantly turn inorganic things into food made of pure malevolent and satanic energy which can cause death if eaten and is toxic to touch.

Malevolent/Satanic Energy Manipulation: Destiny can use her mana to control the malevolent and satanic energy within herself. Her power becomes stronger as her surroundings grow more strained, dangerous, frightening, or evil. Using this manipulation she can create temporary realistic constructs; including weapons and shields, which she controls telekinetically.
*The Devil Dust Beam: She can fire a volley of concentrated beams of Satanic Energy from her hands, and when enhanced to a certain extent by her surroundings she can even fire off up to 30 beams at once, but she is generally limited to 6 beams. This technique is one which burns through her mana the quickest among her spells and more generally is used as a finishing blow while mostly just using constructs or things she's touched.

388-3885684_transparent-zuko-png-avatar-the-last-airbender-fire.png

Last edited:
You're on the right track with that, yeah. The Evil Touch thing seemed a bit broken at first read but it doesn't seem to be able to be used that well on Apostles unlike objects and shit, so it's fine.

The Witch Pot thing is fine.

You're on the right track with that, yeah. The Evil Touch thing seemed a bit broken at first read but it doesn't seem to be able to be used that well on Apostles unlike objects and shit, so it's fine.

The Witch Pot thing is fine.
Ok I finished it. How's this one look?

Name: Nigel

Class: Controller of Fate (Shaman-Class)

Legend/Myth: Typhon

Spells:

-Mind of the Hydra: causes any part of the body that is lost to grow back at a decent speed, so long as the brain(somewhat more durable than the rest of the body) is intact.

-Heart of Ladon: allows the user to create, control, and move through various kinds of organic material, primarily plant matter.

-Mouth of Cerberus: opens a gate that leads into a hellish plane and would allow some variety of attacks, such as hellfire-based ones.

Back