• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Series of Superhumans: An RP Registration thread

All my other ones were too complicated or something, and people got bored, so I'm going to make a nice, simple one. Just make a character. You have 10 points to spend on creation. Baseline characters are 100 Joules AP/Dura, 100kg LS, and 10 m/s.

Double your AP/Dura: 1 point.

Multiply speed by 1.5: 1 point.

Double your LS: 1 point.

Abilities: 1 point to spin the wheel, at which point I'll give you a random ability.

Theme: If you want your abilities to all apply themselves towards a certain aesthetic or practice, that's 1 point.

Essentially, you write out a character, with some basic backstory, and a name. Your character is a normal person in a nameless modern-day city, but has recently, a few weeks back, awoken superhuman abilities for an unknown reason. There may be others like you, but you are unsure.

Main Thread: https://vsbattles.com/threads/a-series-of-superhumans-rp-thread.151328/

Last edited:
Eh, basically.
So... with abilities... how is it determined?

Are they entirely random?

Are the abilities actual powers from stories, or blanket powers like "Light Manipulation" from the wiki?

And... with all that being said, I think it'd be better to hand out powers before writing a backstory; like, I don't want to make a character who's supposed to be an olympic level athlete only for them to get slug powers lol.

So... with abilities... how is it determined?

Are they entirely random?
Kinda? I basically just go for a random page on the wiki and pick a random power from that.
Are the abilities actual powers from stories, or blanket powers like "Light Manipulation" from the wiki?
Both. You could get like, Saiyan physiology, or just limited Flame manip.
And... with all that being said, I think it'd be better to hand out powers before writing a backstory; like, I don't want to make a character who's supposed to be an olympic level athlete only for them to get slug powers lol.
Oh, you can do that too if you want.

I will also say... that speed stat is actually terrible. Like even if you maxed out the stat, you couldn't be as fast as NFL running backs. lol

Also, in terms of the surprising things that don't fit with your backstory, the idea is that you randomly awoke these a few weeks back.

Abilities: 10. YOLO
This is going to be my favorite I think.

1. All your body parts can move on their own if separated from you.
2. You can generate small amounts of fire in your hands, and throw it.
3. You have very sharp teeth and retractable claws.
4. You can multiply all your stats by 1.5x for a minute, but can't move for a few minutes afterward.
5. 2 bonus arms.
6. Regen(High-Low)
7. Polearm mastery
8. Gun training
9. Underwater breathing
10. All the non-stat-based superpowers of the common cattle.

I'll spend 5 points on speed and 5 points on abilities.
Extrasensory Perception(you can see infared)

Your punches release shockwaves in a 1-cm radius that hit with 10% of the punch's power.

You generate enough static electricity after running around for a while that you can actually cause harm to those who first come in contact with you.

Anyone you kill is erased from existence.

Healing(Low)

Spider-Man but with guns and telepathy lets gooooooooooo

however i should be allowed to ignore any and all GM actions towards my character whenever i want (they are resistant to the whims of fate)

Do we post our character's bios here or is there a separate thread for that?

This is going to be my favorite I think.

1. All your body parts can move on their own if separated from you.
2. You can generate small amounts of fire in your hands, and throw it.
3. You have very sharp teeth and retractable claws.
4. You can multiply all your stats by 1.5x for a minute, but can't move for a few minutes afterward.
5. 2 bonus arms.
6. Regen(High-Low)
7. Polearm mastery
8. Gun training
9. Underwater breathing
10. All the non-stat-based superpowers of the common cattle.
Woo! I can make milk! Polearm with 4 arms sounds quite powerful. Too bad I dumped everything into abilities! Hit the gym!

Back