• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Small but Big Revision for Saiki K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, afternoon, or evening, ladies and gentlemen.

A: Novel, Plot Manip, Sight, and Psy Energy.​

Since Psy/Sight energy was rejected here to be 2-C and in turn degraded the Plot Manip.
I bring information that could help to bring back that tier.

Sight Energy Definition:​

“Do you know the energy called ‘sight’?”

I don’t know that word. Though I think I’ve seen “psy” used before.

I look at this world’s Saiki Kusuo, who shakes his head as well.

“You don’t know it, huh? Then allow me to explain! ‘Sight’ is an ability born out of a feeling of distress or uneasiness generated in this world’s supreme observers. In other words, it’s an energy transferred from the reader’s brain to the book the moment they get the feeling that something’s off.”

Huh. I see. I don’t understand a thing.

“It’s energy that exists in a completely different dimension from superpowers. I’m sure it must be hard to conceptualize. A full explanation of ‘sight’ energy would be too complicated, so for now, allow me to answer why I’m here in the first place. As the novelization progressed, this world has been shifting off-axis little by little. I used this ‘sight’ energy to infiltrate this novel and come to this world. Though I was caught and questioned by the police at first. Then I let one year go by, and that’s how we got here.”

This newly-serialized story’s protagonist just admitted that he’s been arrested by the police. Is everyone alright with that?

“That’s right, didn’t you notice several of Asou’s characters sprinkled throughout this world? They were part of a ritual of sorts. I used the ‘sight’ energy to make the boundaries between universes hazy. And then put all of those worlds together once I had gathered enough energy. There might be characters from all sorts of universes hiding in plain sight everywhere!” he says and then laughs maniacally.

“So that’s ‘sight’ energy!”
So as explained Sight Energy is an energy that comes from a higher dimension than that of the superpowers (probably referring to 4-D), but it also clarifies that it is an energy that comes from the maximum observers of the world, ("we the readers", who inhabit, I believe according to the wiki, a 5-D space).

Then Haganeno Ken, the protagonist of Our Hero Studies, explains that he used that energy to infiltrate the novel, make the boundaries of the confusing universes, bring other characters created by Asou to this world, and then put all the worlds close together.

Q: But how does this affect Saiki?

A: Easy, near the end of the chapter he uses his own energy, psy energy, to equalize the effects of the Sight Energy.

Q: But what does this have to do with Plot Manip?

A: At the beginning of the novel Saiki makes an interesting statement:

By the way, allow me to digress, but our very first manga that was released before we were even serialized was also my doing. Just like this novelization. As I said, I can do anything with my powers.
Implying that he wrote the novel, manga, and possibly the anime himself.

Backed by the fact that it can use his power to be published 7 times as One-Shots even when they are not serialized.

Q: But if Saiki wrote his story, why can't he take care of his friends troubles? Or why not change the fact that Akecchi discovered his powers?
A: Because he allows it.
Saiki is not an unfeeling person, he actually shows small traces of emotion when he saved Mera from gangsters, when he protected his father from his grandfather's insults, when he saved Akechi as a child, or when he saved Aiura.

And what Saiki most wanted to change in the past was his first encounter with Akecchi.
Saiki also ended up appreciating his friends, speaking to them with his real voice not with telepathy, to the point that he was going to tell them about his powers when he had already lost them. Just like in the alternate reality.

Which is different from what his alternative version did, which took over/deleted Nendo from his life.

(You’re wondering why Nendo’s not here or where he went, right?)

Saiki asks again.

At the very least, this world’s Saiki seems to be more persistent than me. I silently nod. More than wondering, I’d say I’m just somewhat curious. Well, anyways, guess I’ll just find out what happened to this world’s Nendo, and head back to my own world.

(I got rid of him.)

The Saiki Kusuo in front of me replies.

…I see…

It’s just as I imagined. Nendo got interested in me, started calling me “partner” and invading my personal space without reading the room at all. Back when I first met him, I must admit that I was so sick of him, I also thought of getting rid of him at some point.

04bafa6ca9fcf2cd6809865ad1b85bc2884eba29.png
He didn't interact with anyone by changing the course of his world.
Mera being rich.

Hairo being pessimistic.

Teruhashi having a cult/religion.

Kaido wanting to rule the world.

Kuboyasu being a delinquent.

Yumehara drawing a manga

820e2a57f2bdc8cbd7784532f5243d68b62f6b34.png

So while Saiki was able to get rid of his friends, he preferred to stay with them.

Changes:​

Tier and AP:
At least Low 5-B | At least Low 5-B | At least 5-B, Low 1-C with Psy Energy possibly far higher

Psy Energy is the energy that Saiki possesses equivalent to Sight Energy which is from a higher dimension than superpowers, coming from the reader's mind. It can be used to bring characters, weapons from other worlds, able to make the boundaries of the universes hazy, able to connect 2 worlds, and then put all of those worlds together. They created a distortion equal to that made by "Sight" energy.

Range:
Hundreds of meters
with Telepathy up to Planetary, Planetary with Teleportation up to Interdimensional, Low Complex Multiversal with Plot Manipulation (He wrote both the manga and the novel, the novel having "Sight Energy" and "Psy Energy". "Sight Energy" comes from the reader's mind, from a higher dimension than superpowers.), possibly Interstellar with Telekinesis | Same as base | Planetary with Telepathy Planetary up to Interdimensional with Teleportation, Low Complex Multiversal with Psy Energy and Plot Manipulation
(He wrote both the manga and the novel, the novel having "Sight Energy" and "Psy Energy". "Sight Energy" comes from the reader's mind, from a higher dimension than superpowers. Saiki used "Psy Energy" to equalize the effects of "Sight Energy" which can be used to bring characters, weapons from other worlds, able to make the boundaries of the universes hazy, able to connect 2 worlds, and then put all of those worlds together.)

Agree: ShionAH, Abscoolguy, DarkDragonMedeus, Asdeef, FeebasExE, Andytrenom (Accepts Sight Energy as 2-C), Tago238 (Other key), Lonkitt
Disagree: Fixxed, Georredannea15
Neutral:

Other Feats:

So Saiki receives resistance against Plot Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, and Reality Warping:

Despite being affected when the author changed the plot/reality so that everything is related to the number 100, was able to realize that something was wrong with the people who were obsessed with the number 100, the buildings that were changed to have the number 100, the prices, or even the number of people
A great proof that the author used Mind Manip in the world of Saiki, is the fact of the fervent obsession of people for the number 100, not failing to repeat it in every sentence they say. And Saiki was not affected by the author's control, he became suspicious when he was with Nendo and Kaido and later in the chapter Saiki realizes that something is wrong.

Agree: ShionAH, DarkDragonMedeus, Abscoolguy, Asdeef, possibly Andytrenom, FeebasExE, Lonkitt
Disagree: Fixxed
Neutral:

Last edited:
Sorry for the trouble, but could it be considered as 5-D Ap? Sight Energy comes from 5D beings
for the plot manip to have 5-D potency, doesn't it need 5-D feats? all it's done is make the boundaries of two universes hazy, which - if you consider that to be akin to merging them - is a 4-D feat.

for the plot manip to have 5-D potency, doesn't it need 5-D feats? all it's done is make the boundaries of two universes hazy, which - if you consider that to be akin to merging them - is a 4-D feat.
The 5D feat is that the power comes from 5D beings I guess

The 5D feat is that the power comes from 5D beings I guess
i don't think that's a feat but i'm not entirely sure.

things are often limited to what they've been shown to do (or can realistically be assumed to do)
the only use of it was to undo a slight universe merge - which is not 5-D - unless there are other uses of it

i don't think that's a feat but i'm not entirely sure.

things are often limited to what they've been shown to do (or can realistically be assumed to do)
the only use of it was to undo a slight universe merge - which is not 5-D - unless there are other uses of it
If someone has the energy of a God that is 4 dimensional I feel like its likely the energy itself is also 4D

Idk though lets wait for staff

1. If the Real World is not 5D by default, I disagree with 5D, as there is nothing talking about the Real World being a higher dimension.

2. I see no reason for the event number 100 to be considered Plot Manipulation, since there are no direct statements about Plot Manipulation, and this seems to be just a case of Reality Warping, like one of those random anime events, like the time looping in the which Saiki got trapped.

3. I don't see why Plot Manipulation would scale to psy energy, Saiki is never said to use psy energy in Plot Manipulation, and given that when creating the plot he is never said to mess with sight energy in any way, I really I don't see why Plot Manipulation would scale to psy energy or sight energy. If the reason is said to be that sight energy is transferred from the reader's mind to Saiki's world, it doesn't seem (not said) that the energy becomes part of the world, so I don't see enough evidence for Plot Manipulation to scale to the psy energy or sight energy.

Last edited:
I have talked about this but... I haven't really seen anything about 5-D AP or plot hax(and 5-D beings)

Even if there are 5-D beings, affecting those beings does not give you 5-D AP or Hax by default.

As DT and Agnaa explained in this revision (one of the new standards), if the higher-dimensional beings you affect with hax are not spatially higher-dimensional and are still human-sized, it is no different from a 3-D hax.

In short, there are 2 options for this to scale to AP and Hax;

1-These affected "so-called 5-D characters" must be spatially 5-D (i.e. also a 5-D range)

2-Contexts should much explained by the UES nonsense. But the UES that the verse has is only 4-D(4-D cosmology) and there is no information about 5-D beings. I disagree.

And let me also explain this;

IT IS NOT ALWAYS ASSUMED THAT BEINGS COMING FROM IN A HIGHER DIMENSIONAL PLANE ARE ALWAYS BE A HIGHER DIMENSIONAL BEING. IT MUST BE PROVED THAT THEIR OWN EXISTENCE IS ALSO ON THE SAME PLANE WITH THİS HIGHER DIMENSIONAL PLANE, BUT THERE IS NOTHING HERE ABOUT A HIGHER DIMENSIONAL PLANE, BEINGS OR WHATEVER...
(In short, in a higher dimensional plane, they must be proved not to be 0 volume.)

Last edited:
i just wanna say

This is basically the same argument rehashed as the last thread but this time 5D
I disagree.

don't wanna bother with back and forth so I'll leave it to evaluators

You did not read the CRT did you.
I definitely read it, in the statement it says it's a "completely different dimension of the superpower". That is not a higher dimensional statement. Here are 0 statements of the Real World being a higher dimension.

I definitely read it, in the statement it says it's a "completely different dimension from the superpower", not a higher dimension.
Ignoring the entire context
“You don’t know it, huh? Then allow me to explain! ‘Sight’ is an ability born out of a feeling of distress or uneasiness generated in this world’s supreme observers. In other words, it’s an energy transferred from the reader’s brain to the book the moment they get the feeling that something’s off.”

Ignoring the entire context
Cool, now where is the higher dimensional statement? If being declared as a supreme being from a different dimension makes it a higher dimension, I think I can level several verses with that.
Regardless of whether you read the context or not, there is no good evidence of the Real World being a higher dimension, as there is no statement about the Real World being a higher dimension.
It doesn't seem to be much different than saying that the Real World of DBH is a higher dimension.

Cool, now where is the higher dimensional statement? If being declared as a supreme being from a different dimension makes it a higher dimension, I think I can level several verses with that.
It's a R>F difference where energy is transfered from we as readers.
There doesn't need to be an explicit statement of "Higher Dimensional" since we're literally already qualitatively superior to the world of Saiki. Or are you not?

It's a R>F difference where energy is transfered from we as readers.
There doesn't need to be an explicit statement of "Higher Dimensional" since we're literally already qualitatively superior to the world of Saiki. Or are you not?
Where has R>F there??????
It is simply energy transferred from the thoughts of beings from another dimension.
This can occur between two different 4D dimensions.

That's False equivalence.

The God's in mgk don't have the entire cosmology literally in a book that they read. If that was the case it already satisfies the requirements for R>F.

You're too fixated on there being a direct statement of "Higher Dimension" which in itself wouldn't even grant uncountably infinite levels of power.

If power is being extracted from we as readers of the stories, it's 5D,simp le as that

The God's in mgk don't have the entire cosmology literally in a book that they read. If that was the case it already satisfies the requirements for R>F.

You're too fixated on there being a direct statement of "Higher Dimension" which in itself wouldn't even grant uncountably infinite levels of power.

If power is being extracted from we as readers of the stories, it's 5D,simp le as that
I am not asking for a direct higher dimensional statement, but rather a better explanation.
If by default, the r>f of simply a reader seeing a manga as fiction puts the reader as an HD being compared to the Manga World, then I agree, if not, I disagree, that's my point.
In addition to the but, there is the breaking of the fourth wall, or even the case of comic book characters and Wang Ling, which makes me question whether or not the OP is enough, as I have seen similar cases that are not treated as HD.

If by default, the r>f of simply a reader seeing a manga as fiction puts the reader as an HD being compared to the Manga World, then I agree, if not, I disagree, that's my point.
Thats how R>F works. Readers see it as fiction so they are automatically a higher being. We need extremely big anti feats to not take this as R>f
In addition to the but, there is the breaking of the fourth wall, or even the case of comic book characters and Wang Ling, which makes me question whether or not the OP is enough, as I have seen similar cases that are not treated as HD.
The thing Wang Ling did was a gag obviously this one has a serious tone, is a massive plot line in the novel and is not really fourth wall breaking more like adding the fourth wall as a power system to the verse

Right, but I still have problems with the other two.
2. I see no reason for the event number 100 to be considered Plot Manipulation, since there are no direct statements about Plot Manipulation, and this seems to be just a case of Reality Warping, like one of those random anime events, like the time looping in the which Saiki got trapped.

3. I don't see why Plot Manipulation would scale to psy energy, Saiki is never said to use psy energy in Plot Manipulation, and given that when creating the plot he is never said to mess with sight energy in any way, I really I don't see why Plot Manipulation would scale to psy energy or sight energy. If the reason is said to be that sight energy is transferred from the reader's mind to Saiki's world, it doesn't seem (not said) that the energy becomes part of the world, so I don't see enough evidence for Plot Manipulation to scale to the psy energy or sight energy.
There is nothing to indicate the event number 100 as Plot Manipulation, as it also qualifies as just Reality Warping, and there is no statement or anything to indicate that it is Plot Manipulation.
Saiki never used Plot Manipulation to affect sight energy, Saiki just created his own manga (novel and anime) with Plot manipulation, which is a 4D feat.

Last edited:
I mean, I think this is blatantly contradictory with multiple plot arcs in the series (that aren’t his normal troubles by the way, like his brother and the eruption) but I guess it depends on how blatant the actual book is. I guess it could be another key?

Existing in a different dimension can be phrasing for being way more powerful

2-C seems legit though if he can merge worlds

Existing in a different dimension can be phrasing for being way more powerful
It supposed to come from Readers, People who see it as fiction which is why its R>f

The readers have shown to see Saiki as 2 dimensional and another thing is Saiki having 5D hax is actually supported by him being able to read 5th dimensional minds

I dont see anything that is stopping Low 1-C here
I mean, I think this is blatantly contradictory with multiple plot arcs in the series (that aren’t his normal troubles by the way, like his brother and the eruption) but I guess it depends on how blatant the actual book is. I guess it could be another key?
This was already discussed several times. The anti feats are argued and they were rejected

A: Because he allows it.
Saiki is not an unfeeling person, he actually shows small traces of emotion when he saved Mera from gangsters, when he protected his father from his grandfather's insults, when he saved Akechi as a child, or when he saved Aiura.

And what Saiki most wanted to change in the past was his first encounter with Akecchi.
Saiki also ended up appreciating his friends, speaking to them with his real voice not with telepathy, to the point that he was going to tell them about his powers when he had already lost them. Just like in the alternate reality.

Which is different from what his alternative version did, which took over/deleted Nendo from his life.
Bruh.... the reason "he allows it" it not make sense at all

He allows it but then he not allows it??? I mean he the one that allows it but then he getting mad because it happen and try for change it
Wtf bruuhh???
That is too far assumtion, by occam razor principle that interpretation is false. The more correct and simple answer is, that is just a gag statement, consider also there are bunch of something like that in the story

Even your reason about akechi is not make sense, i mean first encounter with akechi??? Just rewrite the plot it not needed for rewind time and again
He himself cannot stop a vulcano mountains, if he love his friend that mean he will not let them death, but why he must rewind time again for that? why not just manipulate the plot?

And i dont know what the connection between "he allows it" and "saiki is not unfeeling person"
Also "cannot do something" and "not unfeeling person"

And in the first place why he not erased his power??? He hate that, why he make he himself have that power??

And even if that is a plot manipulation, that still a useless plot manipulation. Because he cannot control the story it self

And even if that is a plot manipulation, that still a useless plot manipulation. Because he cannot control the story it self
It's stated multiple times he can. He just decides not to.

By the way, allow me to digress, but our very first manga that was released before we were even serialized was also my doing. Just like this novelization. As I said, I can do anything with my powers.

It's not an R>F difference. R>F status is basically "being more real".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back