• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Falling Action (Game Thread 2)

Silas sees Everet point vaguely north, although somewhat to the west. "Walk that way."

Sieg, meanwhile, hears Everet say "I'm here to deal with some unfinished, personal business."

"Good luck."

The Artifact User goes towards the path Everet pointed to, while desumoning his army of phantasmal samurais and switching the japanese artifact with the Eye of Horus.

"Understood." Secundus simply replies as he and all his bodies begin floating in the direction Everet pointed.

As he floats, he begins testing magicule use, both mentally and physically, to see if he can force his paralyzed parts to move normally by using Magicules, as well as to see if he can improve his spatial displacement.

"Well, this sure was strange, good luck on your things Everet, any prediction of when we will meet again?"

Meretrix asks to Everet

@Pheenie

Meretrix than starts going to the direction that Everet pointed at, and goes near Secundus

"Hey Secundus, how ar- i mean, could you speak about your current situation?"

Meretrix asks the so called "weapon"

"That was an adventure, for sure."

Now i get it, the types of beings we are supposed to fight. Fighting alone is suicidal. Regardless, i follow Everet's orders and head northwest.

"It seems the cause of the issue is something within my body, something that my abilities and senses have not identified as a threat or requiring repair. There is no cause for concern however, as it is not causing any active harm and I can move without issue like this." Secundus says, floating onward.

"For the moment I will allow it to remain and attempt to adapt to its existence." He states.

"Doesn't that limit yourself alot? Like, being paralyzed can be solved, lik right now, but not being able to move at all can bring some consequences, right?"

Meretrix says in a worried tone

"My regenerative abilities have not identified it as an issue and my actions in combat require little physical movement. Should it begin to be identified as an issue, I will expel it as necessary. For now, I will return to my analysis of improving abilities." Secundus says as he and his bodies float onward.

"Well... if you say so... It just seems to crippling for one to not be able to more your legs. I guess that magicules make up for it, but still, it is weird to get used of not using your legs"

'"I can tell there won't be a dull moment with things like those around.

Solomon nods, deactivating his ability and heading in the direction they were pointed towards

Abarim figures well enough that this thing isn't going to die. If our leader says it's lost, there's nothing else to do.

Giving one last painful look in their direction, Abarim punches in the creature's direction, manipulating the reactionary force to spread across his body and send him where Everet was pointing.

I don't know to be honest. Chances are good we won't but my purpose has been fulfilled regardless.

Secundus finds himself able to replicate normal movement, albeit somewhat jerkily, and manipulate space far more easily than he could in the bunker. Meanwhile, Abarim's position in the lower atmosphere combined with the lack of cloud coverage caused by the flesh-Kelpie allows him to see that North America now has an inland sea and most of the east coast was a series of islands, although Everet's directions were totally accurate as far as he can tell.

@Over

After some walking, Meretrix goes towards Sieg since she is bored

"Hey, i know that this will sound weird and personal, but did you have any type of family before joining the First Eye?"

Despite the force of his jump, everyone sees Abarim land a few kilometers ahead, and John was only able to teleport a minute or so ahead.

"... Sooooo, do you miss them?"

Meretrix asks, with a poker face since she expected Sieg to say more

Jakovich walks towards New York like a normal person.

"...This..."

"This may take a while."

"Uhhhh... niiiice i guess..."

I don't know why, but his feels hela awkward

"Uhhhhh... did you have a wife or something before all of this?"

Secundus continues flying towards New York, continuing to test and improve both the spatial displacement and magicule movement as he goes.

Abarim just keeps walking towards New York after he lands.

There's hardly much to say of it. He failed.

[It is because i don't know how to answer, sorry

"Well... how was your relationship with her? Did you enjoyed while it lasted? I've never be in one, but being in a relationship must be sweet and wholesome"

"It was nice, i loved her, but i guess it just wasn't ment to be."

Sieg responds, doing a sign after finishing his short speak.

"Sometimes it is like that... well, i can't speak by experience since i never was in a relationship, but i've seen enough movies to know about it"

"Well... i hope that you can find someone that can work out that with you"

I don't know if it is just me who was waiting for more, but either this guy is not a man of alot of words, or i just made things too weird

"So... what was your occupation in the army? Where you like, a general or only a common soldier?"

Meretrix asks, clearly wanting just to chit chat since the walking has been kinda boring since it is, well, just an walking

"Well, i was mostly just there being experimented on, i didn't do alot of relevant things like protection, scientist or any of that fancy stuff, just good old Meretrix chilling around"

After a few moments, the group finds themselves within view of a large, metropolitan city. However, it seems as though they are unable to directly approach it. [Those with Int 3] can detect that the city and at least a hundred kilometers around it in all direction are littered with pockets of distorted space and time, one of which they are currently within.

Back