• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

"Alright, then iceland is where'll be going."

Is what the artifact user responds, getting up from his chair.

"Will you teleport us, or do we have to travel there on our own ?"

"Just remember every time our teleportation or portal creation failed to quickly get us in or out of the city."

Sieg replies plainly.

"Either of us could, but i don't recommend it. The distortion here or even that my defenses produce is nothing compared to the distortion present dozens of kilometers from the Nexus itself. If I sent you to an exact position in space within that area, you'd still end up stretched over the whole of it. Further in, I've been unable to apply any form of space whatsoever to the area, even absurd theoretical ones, as if space as an idea had no place there."

"My armor would allow me survive the distortion, but if the inner part really lacks the concept of space i don't think even it would help."

Sieg signs.

"So, tell me, how are we supposed to approch the Nexus ?"

"This is where you are vastly better equipped than me. From what I can discern, the lack of space is directly caused by a large density of magicules. This density is actually quite a bit lower than that of the water......thing you dealt with earlier, so navigating it should be easy. Moreover, Everet tended to mention how that kind of environment was insanely friendly compared to the sort of things that would give Everymen actual trouble."

@Phoenix

"Uhhh, are you sure about that?" Meretrix asks, noticing that he freezed for some seconds

@HL3

"So we should arrive there on foot?"

"Would anything go wrong if we flew or leaped there?"

"Alright, so i think the best course of action is teleporting to 100 kilometers away from the Nexus, where is sure that spatial distortions are not present, then walk the rest of the way there."

"No issues of note. A new phase possesses an unusual property." Secundus answers calmly.

"That plan is acceptable." He then states.

"I will take the scenic route just in case anything needs saving on the way there."

I look outside to see the Nexus and begin heading towards it at my top speed.

"Eh, i guess. Anyhow, maybe i could use my telekinesis to take us there? I think that it can be somewaht fast"

"Hmm. Well, I'm going to work on restocking my defenses if I'm not needed here."

The stairway leading back to the surface opens in the corner of the room and the image steps back into the wall.

"Ok, let's get going people."

Sieg says, summoning the Staff of Merlin in to his hands and using it's teleportation ability to bring himself and the other Everymen in the base to 100 Km away from the Nexus in Iceland, doing multiple teleport "jumps" if necessary.

After a few dozen uneventful jumps, the group finds themselves on a small rock of an island in an unusually calm sea. A massive pillar of blinding light that surrounds a needle of pure darkness can be seen in the distance, easily stretching up to and past the cloud layer. There's also what seems like a large bed of dark-green moss floating a little ways away.

"We were told to enter the Nexus, so that is what we must do." Secundus answers calmly, his color changing agai and 2 new bodies forming alongside him.

"Phase ╬▒1 Activated: Denebola." He declares, the bodies all begin floating towards the Nexus in unison.

I create a sphere of purple energy in my hand to then extend it, creating a long trail towards the column of light.

Immediately after I cover the trail with a psychic barrier.

"Well, I have created a bridge for those who want to arrive comfortably ... or for those who have not developed the ability to fly", I exclaim to then fly, following Secundus.

"Oi oi, let's not be reckless and go there without any protection"

Meretrix says to Secundus as she makes an barrier around everyone, who grants Invulnerability [Or just a really high defense kek] to every attack, as she telekinetic moves herself to the Nexus

"So that's the Nexus, interesting."

Solomon flies after the others, following behind them

The walk to the Nexus is rather quiet, if rapidly fluctuating in length. In a small pocket on neutral space-time not two dozen meters from the small island that the Nexus stands on, the cawing of many birds can be felt from nowhere in particular. Moreover, there's a sort of flesh-colored froth running from and off of the island, within which structures resembling eyes, cracked fangs, and odd feathers can be seen rapidly forming and dematerializing.

"Stay on guard, this is likely the quiet before the storm. "

Sieg says to the other Everymen, as he uses his staff's power to add another layer of defensive barriers to everybody.

Then, as he continues walking foward, the artifact user summons the Eye of Ra, using it's information analitica to try discern the proprieties of the flesh pile.

Solomom continues forwards with the group, applying Cancel (Transmission) to himself, while projecting a barrier around the others using Magic (Focused) and Defense (Healing) so that if they did manage to acquire any injuries, they would be repaired quicker.

Secundus continues advancing, he orders the thing residing within his body to standby and be prepared to fight, while he himself is analyzing the surroundings.

"Hmmmm, apparently there is some vague minds here, i am going to check it out, will be back in a minute"

Meretrix says as she goes towards the vaguely voices that she hears

Back