• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day Numero Dos (Game Thread 4)

"... **** you too ********. Piece of shit just ignoring me" Meretrix says to Wepwawet, clearly pissed

"What an ass... anyway, i arroved here, should i be seeing you in no time?" Meretrix asks both of the particles, while tryong to read their minds

"John just..." She starts shouting at him, before she stops and looks down.

"Sorry, i am just slightly stressed by all of this situation, it won't happen again." She says, still looking down

Abarim, Sieg, and Silas see a large temple eventually come over the "horizon", easily over a hundred kilometers tall and with what appears to be a massive golden globe suspended above the top. Abarim's trail leads right up the temple itself. The Secundus' that move further in also see this, along with a distinct, heavy presence at the top, along with the others moving with them.

Two rather young-looking people, one male and one female and both dressed in rags, suddenly poke their heads out of a house, seemingly trying to flag Meretrix down.

The remaining Secundus finds that this is lower-class housing, even for it's placement, mainly used by what are referred to as "Fledgling Sorcerers" who's power is too much of a liability to be housed near more important structures. Most people here are content, rather happy even, although two that are motioning towards Meretrix are among the other minority.

"It seems that the source is that temple."

With his ultimate objective clear before him, Abarim looks at his surroundings. Besides the place this is in, and the era it seems to be in, it almost seems completely normal... Like a relic, from a world that disappeared a long time ago.

"... Secundus, do you have any proper way to figure out how long we have until whatever's here will be able to break into reality?"

"Thanks..." Meretrix says, in a non excited tone, as sh epicks the tea with her hands and starts drinking it, until she notices the 2 people who apprently are children poking their heads out of the house and she does this face, accidentaly letting the tea cup fall to the ground

She than rushed towards them with her telekinesis, as she reaches them she looks down at them with her eyes shining like diamonds.

"Are you humans!?" She asks, excited

"Wait, maybe not humans, maybe something else, hmmm... do you know some sub atomic particles? I call them Boson and Higgs, or maybe you are them?!" She asks, looking more excited after she says the last part

Sieg takes note of building of sorcerers, which he saw thank to his clayro, also he does a mental facepalm as he notices Meretrix asking randoms about the sub-atomic mental particles when they are clearly just physical humans.

"Considering the giant golden orb, that is very likely where Set-Amun is, so let's find the way in."

Sieg comments, as he continues moving towards the tample, while also tring to scan the sphere of gold floating above it.

"Meretrix, stop acting like you are a kid doing camping, we have the fate of all layers of existance on our shoulders, so get yourself and John over here that we found the location of the desert god."

Sieg mentally responds.

"No, i won't. This is the best thing that has happened to me since i woke up on this wasteland, let me live a bit of my life as i want, besides, do you really need us? You seem to be handling the issue just fine, if you ever need us, we'll know and we'll help, but as of now, you got things under control"

Meretrix mentally says to the artifact user, quite angry

"I would like you both to stop discussing, Sieg you are not the leader of this operation nor a tutor toward Trixie," I say telepathically to the man.

"And as for you, as much as I like to see you smile, I hope you remember why we are here, I don't say you shouldn't have fun, I just want you not to let your guard down, okay?", I ask with a calm tone to Trixie.

"I am... sorry, I just... wanted to go on with my life normally..."

She says to John, somewhat embarassed

"One doesn't need to be either to point out stuff"

Sieg mentally replies to John

"And Meretrix, you should have said no to becoming an Everyman if you wanted a normal life."

The white haired man mentally comments

"It should be possible." Secundus replies to Abarim, utilizing Stars of Ruin, not to attack, but simply to observe the information of the presence and its surroundings, attempting to discern its nature, state, and how long it will take for it to break into reality. The other Secundus heads towards it in the meanwhile, while the final one begins heading out as well, though still looking around the city and the people, observing what they do and what they're like.

The young man appears to be stuck in thought for a moment, trying to figure out who Meretrix is yelling at, so the woman responds to her, "Yes yes! That was us. You need to get inside here now, though. You aren't safe... we don't think anyways." continuing to motion for her to come inside.

Sieg's analysis of the sphere reveals that it appears to contain the consciousnesses of several dozen extremely alien beings, even more so than most beings he's already encountered. Based on information that he appears to simply know now, the beings held within generally correlate to the ancient Egyptian pantheon, although with several creator deities absent.

Secundus' deductions reveal something extremely strange, mainly that the primary source of magicules very closely resembles a Personal Reality as described by Everet. The Awakening appears to have been caused by it fusing with some layer, the one above where the spiritual layer would be to be precise, showing that Melissa as spot-on with what would've happened if that layer as the one affected. Exactly how long it will take to fully breech into this layer is hard to determine, but around an Earth day or two is the limit. As for the area directly around one of the Secundus', this appears to be a fairly antiquated farming community, although expanding outwards into an absurdly large area. Most living here are quite affable, if slightly dull, with a distinct fraction practicing something they refer to as sorcery. It's exact nature is hard to pin down, but it appears to involve calling the "true name" of an action or object and using that to manipulate it, as though persuading the target thing directly rather than simply controlling it. This is why the singular, if rather large, river that runs through the center of the city can support it's large population, which numbers in the millions.

Unrelatedly, the multiple Secundus' and their tendency to float around attract some very odd looks from passers-by, a mix of confusion of fear. Mostly the former.

Solomon makes his way towards the other who are at the temple

"So we were sent to deal with what's in there huh?" He asks, trying to sense and decipher what exactly was inside, moving in further afterwards

"What do you mean by that? What kind of danger is around here Higgs?"

She asks them, as she once again, tries to read their minds

... oh, so they really were them uh

Sieg thinks as he hears that the two people are really the sub-atomic mental particles from before.

... i know you are listening Meretrix, so, my bad, you were right

Sieg then desummons the Eye of Ra, since said god is a mortal enemy of Set so it's not a good idea to just have the amulet out while going in to a tample of the latter.

"Probably, Set is not a diety exactly known for it's kindness"

The Artifact User responds to Solomon as he walks further alogside him.

No hard feelings Sieg, you weren't there to know about them

She says, trying to confort the artifact user

"One to two Earth days. The source appears to resemble a Personal Reality." Secundus answers Abarim, while continuing to head forward.

The other Secundus, that had remained separate from the others, attempts to discern the nature of this sorcery and if it is at all similar to his own abilities.

"A whole day? Quite a bit of time to look around. This looks like a real human civilization... Might be something worth your analysis."

Abarim starts walking up and down the streets, taking it all in.

Back