• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day Numero Dos (Game Thread 4)

"Which one? The one who screws the mind of others and doesn't actually physically hits you or the physical one?"

"Somewhat, anyhow, here it is!"

Meretrix says as she throws a pink ball at John, the ball being made of pink energy, however, it could interact with matter without problem

"Mh, I see that you understand the typology of my new power and also ... I sent it here", I reply, placing my hands one on top of the other.

The globe appeared in my right hand, going towards the left one and reappearing again in the right one and so on.

"I can cut and close the space as many times as I want," I reply and then bring up the sphere of energy above me, directing it towards the sky.

"Oi oi, don't just pat me" She says as she puts to John "And of course it does, just trying to see if someone is willing to chill a little after this"

"We do change shape, in a sense. It's less that the things were are gained consciousness, and more that us, as a consciousness, latched onto it. And yes, it quite does."

Puppen finds that the bird is quite far outside of her range.

Silas finds his hand moving through the wall without any issues.

Sieg finds that the inside of the space closely resembles that of the area outside of it, although there's a distinct warping near him, as though two separate versions of the area were attempting to blend together or force one out of existence. This effect of only exasperated when the other Secundus' enter. Sieg's familiar manages to more or less stop the detached wing in place, although it starts to seemingly collapse in on itself and change shape.

Solomon and Abarim also encounter an odd warping of the environment around themselves, although it happens significantly further out for Solomon, who can notice that this is due to the physical and existential patterns perceived by himself and the others inside of the wall colliding and attempting to mix into a single, cohesive vision.

Secundus' mass seems to be attempting to produce more space, although it ceases to exist the moment it leaves Secundus. It's likely that it can't operate in this environment.

A crow lands on John's shoulder.

"Oh, i wonder if the bird will come near to talk to us. So could you tell me more about what you are? Like, did you come from another dimension or something like that?"

"It seems our presence is forcing the concept of space in the area, if everybody entered we would probably be able to fully enforce it, so we should wait for the others before continuing."

"Though, my familiar found that a solar system size crow is in space, with a piece detaching and heading to earth, so we should probably divert attention to that."

Sieg comments.

Meanwhile, elemental crash lands un-to the surface, but not really because magicolues and it being made of gas.

It "speaks" to John and Trixy, well, it's more like listening to an hurricane up close, but "words" are recognisable from the scrambled mess.

"there big bird, dwarfs the sun, wings falling down, we gonna die"

At the same time, the upward current against the wing continues to try push it away.

"Oh, i know about it. The birdie is no harm, but we should probably stop the wing. Want to see if our Telekinesis is able to hold it John?" She answers

Puppen's power is based on line of sight, but whatev's. Puppen's srhugs "Ah, oh well." She looks around to see if there's something interesting to do.

Secundus attempts to proceed further into the area, while analyzing his surroundings yet again, attempting to detect where the enemy they were seeking is.

@Faruel

"Alrighty, so let's go. Sorry Boson and Higgs, i'll be right back"

Meretrix says as she uses her telekinesis to go towards where the fallen part is coming

"It seems the Everymen outside are going after the fallen wing, so let's just move further in to the Nexus."

Sieg says to the other people within the spatial distortion, beginning to move towards the center..

Solomon continues further in, noting the details of the surrounding area as he walks

Silas moves through the barrier without any problems, seeing that, like everyone else, the unconscious patterns that his mind creates are being imprinted into this non-space, effectively creating form from the formless. Notably, his presence seems to have more sway than that of Abarim or Sieg, but less than that of Solomon or Secundus.

"'Another dimension' is a way to put it, if mostly wrong. It's closer to a place that is simply different, more complex but not really transcendent over this world, kind of like a parallel hierarchy. You're fairly close to it now, although you specifically are much closer than your friends." The male voice doesn't change in volume as Meretrix moves away, although the female voice responds, "Oh, its not a problem."

Puppen sees most of the rest of her team heading further into the non-space towards the Nexus. The rest appear to be doing something about that wing she saw earlier.

John and Meretrix's combined efforts shove the now vaguely bird-shaped mass back into space, rather forcefully at that. Meretrix can detect that it plans on just waiting for them to leave before coming down, although it doesn't appear malicious or really even dangerous, as its sheer size and perceived mass don't really exist due to how magicules are.

Secundus finds his analysis becoming less and less succinct and overall slower as he approaches the Nexus, something likely attributable to the realm it leads to, with Solomon having the same epiphany. Sieg, meanwhile, merely notices that objects formed from the combined perception of his group are becoming less detailed and visibly fuzzy, as though complexity was being metaphorically sand-blasted off before his eyes.

As they approach the Nexus, they can tell that the needle of darkness that was visibly present inside of the main column of light that is the Nexus isn't the actual entrance to the Noosphere. it is, instead, a sort of "darker than dark" blot in the very center, roughly circular and about three meters in diameter, that visibly seethes and writhes, appearing to turn on thousands of axes simultaneously.

@Faruel

"Well, that was quite easy and don't worry John, I just detected that the Bird is just waiting for us to leave before coming down, he is not even that dangerous. I may attempt to talk to him, maybe we'll get another person to play UNO!" She says, quite excited by all that is happening

@HL3

"Oh, fairly close and a bit more complex? Hmmmm, could you specify what that means? I may give a quick jump there if your dimension doesn't do anything to me, it is fun to visit another place sometimes" Meretrix says while smilling

"Oh, if you don't mind me, I'll try to stabilish a mental connection with that wing, now a bird, too, ok?" Meretrix says as she tries to reach the bird's mind

"Uhhhh, hello? Can you hear me birdie?" She asks to the giant bird

"Hmm... This isn't the entrance, is it?"

Abarim closes his eyes and tries to get the proper path to the Noosphere.

Secundus attempts to analyze the object, shunting the sensory input that he is gaining from it to the one body that had remained outside of the zone with Meretrix and attempting to utilize that discern what is happening here and where the entrance is.

Dark, darker, yet darker

The noosphere is in front of us, but what sort of thing will be on the other side ?

Sieg thinks as he then focuses and helps Abarim build the path.

@Drite

The air elemental just kinda floats there, looking at Meretrix confused because of multiple reasons.

Meretrix notices the elemental's emotions and look at him

"What is the matter? Am i doing something wrong?"

She asks confused to the elemental

Silas eventually comes to see a dark sphere at the base of the pillar of light, with several others from his group nearby.

"You should be feeling it now. Our "voices" aren't coming from the vibrations in the air, but the equivalent in the mental... "place" that your friends are nearing."

When Meretrix connects to the bird, she hears what can roughly be described as the sound make by several million birds being thrown into a wood-chipper.

Abarim sees another phantasmal trail, leading into the blot.

Secundus finds the blot to be the Nexus itself, with the surrounding "pillar of light" and such merely being side-effects of the high amount of ambient magicules. The other body that is receiving sensory information can tell that the issues with processing that the first Secundus as having was due to a combination of the spatial distortions and a sort of "mental fog" that surrounds the Nexus.

Back