• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

"Anything you want me to do, or are you just gonna kill me? I don't particularly care either way, my DNA will eventually be found some time after I die, so that would bear little inconvenience" he says in his head, somewhat akin to a slightly irritated child

"Ye, is there a way to like, rebuild Earth to a state where like, it is good looking and not completely destroyed?'

"Just a bit longer, and no, Crunkle, you are just needed to wait a bit. I apologize for the inconvenience. As for whether the world can be restored, assuming everything goes according to plan, it should be fairly easy."

Silas goes up the tunnel, eventually finding a seamless metal plate at the very top of it.

As far as Secundus 1 can tell, they insects are simply mutated common houseflies. However, he detects 2 human-shaped presences coming up into the warehouse from underground. They both appear to be Silas.

Jakovich starts playing chess with himself.

Secundus 1 attempts to move closer to Silas' presence, remaining careful.

Secundus 2 and 3 look a bit surprised. "Restore the world? How can we do this?"

"I'd prefer if you were to enlighten me on your means to achieve this, if there is anything I loathe it is people withholding valuable information from me, no offence, of course. Please just tell me how you are doing this and refrain from patronising me like a child, making me lull about while your clearly superior self solves the problem that I need not concern my underdeveloped infantile mind to" he is evidently irritated by all that is happening.

"I do not know the exact details myself, as such information was not solely held in one location in case it was compromised. What I do know is that it involves you Everymen in some manner.

Puppen doesn't find anything she could turn into a doll. Jakovich somehow loses to himself.

The plate was welded to the floor, but is moved with no issue. As he flies up into what appears to be another fly-filled warehouse with Secundus standing not far away. Secundus himself notes that the second presence seems to have disappeared at some point.

"Hello Silas. Have you concluded your investigation of this place?" Secundus 1 asks.

"The original body has found Silas." Secundus 2 and 3 state.

Puppen sees what looks to be a small pile of loose wires in the corner.

Silas and Secundus arrive rather speedily, being beckoned back into the complex by the voice.

Jakovich is very sad for a moment, yet realizes he also won against himself!

Secundus rejoins his other bodies before two of them disappear, Secundus 1's appearance taking on his ordinary look.

"Everyone has arrived." he then states.

"We can begin then."

Everyone feels a small prick at the base of their spine. Immediately afterwards, most of the room starts glowing a faint blue while the voice appears to be shouting gibberish as indecipherable symbols appear within everyone's minds. They feel themselves become attuned to something that they instinctively know doesn't exist and several other places.

[Go to meta]

A distinct "pop" can be heard as the needle leaves everyone's spines, along with a rapidly decreasing-in-pitch hum that permeates the room. Melissa appears to have been incoherently yelling to herself, ending with something vaguely recognizable as "-YUUD" and suddenly stopping in tune with the needle.

"Ah, that didn't take as long as I thought it would. Probably the only time I could call a surprise 'pleasant.' Heh. Anyways, I can explain things more accurately now."

Everyone sees a vaguely female shape step out of a nearby wall, obvious immaterial in some manner and seeming to blend into the empty space around it.

"You likely feel a sort of familiarity with various places that you recognize as both unknown and familiar, more complex than the physical world to some vague degree. One of the several probably rings some alarm bells, as it were, especially for Solomon. I can explain: What you are feeling is your own presence in various layers of this world. The one that you can most accurately feel currently is informally dubbed The Noosphere, relatively corresponding to the mental layer. This is why you can see 'me', as that is what I imagine myself to look like. The one that you feel as though it doesn't exist is one that, as far as the information I have goes, corresponds to what most would consider to be souls."

"This is important for several reasons. Something about the series of events that, frankly, caused things to go shit would have involved this layer should it have existed. It did not, and thankfully so, as our chances of success would drop to less than .00001% if it had. Whatever force caused magicules and its various forms to appear seems to have realized that it was metaphorically flailing at nothing at all, and is now attempting to creep into the most easily understandable layer: The Noosphere."

"Luckily for us, one of the least dangerous Nexus, places where magicules directly leak into reality rather than simply appear in incredibly low numbers evenly across the cosmos, leads to The Noosphere. Your mission is ostensibly simple: Go into this Nexus and stop it from being used by those aforementioned forces to enter this world. Any questions?"

Secundus' body briefly twitches, then, for extremely brief moments, flashes 5 different colors, he then seems to violently shake for a brief bit before returning to normal.

"Is anything more known about this force you speak of?" He then asks, seemingly as if nothing had happened.

Puppen's giggles, looking around, and at her body. "Ohoho~! What an interesting turn of events~!" She says cheerfully.

Suddenly, everyone feels the presence of God before them, vast, holy, completely infi-

A few moments of this, and it's apparent that this is just a psychic shockwave from whatever Abarim just gained.

"... Noosphere is not the first name I'd pick, but, very well."

I quickly blink my eyes several times,to then shake my head slightly and look at me.

"Mmm ... new powers", I murmur and then lift a finger and touch the air, creating a small crack.

Suddenly cracks start to appear around everyone else.

"Mh, interesting"

Solomon adjusts himself in his seat as the needle leaves his spine

Having read on a lot of this in the files, he decides to continue sitting quietly, and let the others ask their questions

"No issues noted." Secundus calmly replies, mentally going through his new abilities, what they can do and what their potential uses or improvements may be, as he analyzes Cor Caroli, he briefly freezes up, before returning to normal again.

As he gain the power boost, Sieg's armor changes, now having an apperence more close to a full-plate armor and radiating a light orange-yellow hue.

Uhm, neat

Sieg thinks, while looking at the armoring covering his left arm

"Where is said Nexus located ?"

He ask, looking towards the mental projection of the A.I.

"Whatever this force is tends to attach itself to specific individuals, empowering them and allowing it to slowly replace them to fully leech into the desired location. As for the Nexus, it is currently located above where Iceland was about 2 years and 5 months ago. Even a normal person could see it from a few hundred kilometers away, although the distortion present around it makes that impossible nowadays."

The image sighs and closes its eyes, causing the spatial cracks to receed into nothing for the most part.

Back