• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gods Of Primal Man RP Thread

Once the new jail is finished being constructed, I stroll through the city, catching all of the people that remain ignorant of Justice despite me imparting my views on them. I wave my hand over the group, covering them in a white garb with a yellow sigil over the area that covers their face. I imbue the cloth with an enchantment that cause them to always fit the wielder, make the wearer stronger, faster, and durable, while also forcing the wearer to follow my Ideal Justice. The sigils begin glowing a neon yellow. I have the group split into quarters.

"First quarter, your designation is to guide and protect the king! Second and Third quarters, your designation is to guard the city from intruders! Fourth Quarter, you will receive your designation at a later time. For now, stay out of sight near the new jail. You are dismissed."

The quarters split off to fulfill their objectives, moving fast enough that any mortal onlookers can't see them.

I've created some laws, fixed up the jail, and made some enforcers. Next, I next to fix up this entire city.

@Totadileplayz After exhausting yourself of much of your energy, you create the most powerful followers on Earth. But, to be sure, you know it was worth it.

Faruel1998 said:
"Well, civilization is progressing ... now it's time to choose the Heralds ...", I say and then look at the shaman designated as village chief.

"Bring me four women and four men, the oldest ones there are," I ask.

The shaman carries out my request, bringing four elderly men and four elderly women in front of me.

"I choose you eight as my Heralds, your age has granted you experience ... and I will grant you a body and powers capable of dealing with countless other battles," I say to then harness the power of the Order and of Light.

I take their bodies back to their previous order, when they were young and at the peak of their form, covering them with armor and light weapons.

"Now you are the Heralds of the Order, you will be immutable, perfect and infallible, your every shot will always be the center and every decision of yours will be impeccable, nothing will change you ... not even death, since your only Order is to win"
((There's a difference between using your powers for what you normally can do and expending your power to do things really big and important. What are you doing right now?))

@Spider

[For the moment I created immortal knights, they won't do much besides protecting the village from possible invaders]

((New GM announcements, unless there is some special significance to your lesser actions, just using ordinary Domain actions won't get a response unless you ask (LIke you've been doing), but expending your energy to do big things like The Phoenix has been doing will definitely get GM updates))

While awaiting for his subjects to gather resources, explore and construct, Enoch decided that the 5 agents chosen prior should be granted some power.

Enoch would raise his arm, which glowed gold, through the Law: "My agents shall receive my light.", he granted the 5 power, they were given gold and white robes, similar in design to Enoch's own armor and golden masks, these 5 were to be the his Bringers of Law. They were granted the ability to enact laws on a small scale, this would allow them to force specific people to obey the laws written for the city, as well as reinforce existing laws on a small scale.

They were also given a direct connection to Enoch, allowing him to see through their eyes, know what they know and give them commands directly.

Their final ability would be one to generate a golden fire, this would be for the purpose of both attacking and mending, they would act as protectors and healers to the city.

New GM rule, each Player pitch in a small summary of everythign they've wanted to do with their posts once a turn. (In bold).

This is in case we go long periods of time without me being able to respond.

Ok, so ground filled with the brim with dead people, weird, but really good for me. For now I have made 100k footsoldiers, with 5k extra coming from a weird portal i have found, which will probably cause problems down the line.

Using my dead powers, I equip the skeletons with dead innfused bone swords, then put my each of my 5 Royal Hassan under the command of 20K of them and send the surronding conquering towns.

The remaining 5K become the guards of my town.

Meanwhile the normal people do farming and stuff, they aren't really useful to me for now, will think of something later.

I spread my power throughout the city, creating new buildings made of strong material and enhancing the rest of the city to have the same level of durability and protection.

Okay, time for some more roles.

I find the next most compatible person with my justice and take her to the king's current location. I find him in his newly created mini castle.

"I have brought this person to you for a specific reason. She shall be the second most important person in this city next to you. This is the new Arbiter. She will become the judge of any new criminals that somehow get into our city. I have given her the ability to see all the details of someone and the mental capacity to not be overloaded by it. To put it in another words, she is able to perfectly judge someone without the fear of unknown facts or bias from different perspectives. Isn't this nice?"

The king nods, sweating at my power.

"I see that you have finished the laws. Have the masons inscribe them onto the front wall of the city so that all visitors know what our beliefs are."

The king nods again, before calling for some messengers.

Alright, now to get them started on something that makes them a bit more self sufficient.

I expend more of my power and imbue knowledge of mining upon those that my Sphere of Influence tells me would be compatible with it. The new miners get to work, creating one near the outskirts of the city.

I also need a place to stay. A god can't just be strolling around, no that wouldn't do.

I create a golden floating palace within the sky that has a set of stairs leading down from it that begins next to the king's castle.

As he waited for the people gathering materials to come back Tatakai watched over the others. He looked on as the others farmed and gathered food or built new buildings, tools etc.

Those that I designate champions would surely do well in my armies or as generals. For now there is not need to. He thinks

He then writes down the recipe for black powder so it would start being produced when his followers returned.

"75% saltpeter obtained from wood ash or shells 15% charcoal obtained from burning wood 10% sulfer and a little glucose." In addition to the measurements he includes in the instructions to be careful when packing it all together and avoid metallic rocks since a tiny spark will set it off.

The Teke Empire

"MY. . . so you're saying that our smiths have discovered how to reproduce weapons that can crush, or cut through bronze?" The overseer asked. Smiling the smith gestured for the overseer to follow him. "Come this way. . . " "Our smiths have discovered a form of bow, called the "crossbow". "Crossbows are better than any of our known bows, except for the magical kind. They can pierce through the hides of very protected beasts, and thanks to some guidance by the wise Time Lord himself, we can even show three arrows, called "bolts' at the same time, like this." He demonstrates the cross bow's utility on several training dummies, with the crossbow bolts cutting straight through the hard wood, a kind of wood twice as thick as English Oak. . . and out the other side, into the hard stone walls. "Our bows have never done anything like this!" "This is truly amazing!" "The kind of metal that The Goddess has blessed us with is truly like the weapons of the gods themselves. We can currently outfit our standing armies with the metal. . . follow me." The smith took the man outside of the arsenal, several dozen meters from the courtyard. . . "Okay look, see this tree? It's made of the hardest wood we have. It's many times more durable than this "English" oak that the gods informed us about. According to our men, you have to strike with all your might just to pierce or cut through the bark of these trees, then the bronze could bend or break."

"Take this sword. . . " The smith handed the Overseer his sword. "Okay. . . I think I understand what you're trying to say. Let's see how much better this sword is than our ordinary weapons. . . " With a single slash from this unusually long two handed sword, the tall tree, several foot thick with a kind of wood, many times harder than English Oak, was sliced in half. The tree fell down, and a few on-goers, witnessing this feet of weapon's science, were shocked.

"Magic!"

The smith shook his head at the Overseer's exclamation. "No, not magic, science." "According to The Time Lord, this kind of metal is called "Star Metal."

And so and so, conquering continues.

I am really feeling it now Mister Ainz Ooal Gown.

I think jokingly, as I look at the constructions of my catacomb temple, created by skeletons and humans for me, also having created training schools to train new generals for my army.

Also, agricolture is doing good since bone meal and such, while archetecture and metalurgy are going fine too since I resurrected people from the past that were good at it in life and made them teach around their arts.

One last thing, I've also started projects for making wall around my city and starting doing some naval stuff.

Thanks to my knowloage from my past life, I am able to greatly improve the performance of my followers.

Enoch would have sent some of his people to expand their territory, specifically to establish trade with any civilizations nearby and offer them a chance to join his glorious and prosperous city, 2 Bringers of Law would have traveled with them. Convincing smaller villages and tribes to join before turning to any larger civilizations nearby and engaging in conversation with them.

Meanwhile, the gatherers would return with the components for Gunpowder, the workers would get to work in utilizing this, combined with their Iron Age technology, they would begin building things such as larger ships, armed with cannons, as well as utilizing Gunpowder to excavate more material.

Iron Age tools would have spread out across the populace quickly, with everyone knowing how to use them.

The group of people gathering materials returns and under Tatakai's supervision they learn how to create black powder and begin manufacturing it.

"Until we get better metallurgy guns may be out of the question, but explosives can be made still." He says as he takes some of the black powder and packs it into a pot with a fuse which he seals.

"A little demonstration as to what this powder can do."

He lights the fuse and throws the makeshift bomb into the air where it explodes. His people look on in awe.

"Begin making some of those too."

He then splits the group that gathered and made the gunpowder and sends some of them off to acquire metals like tin and copper or if they were lucky, iron. He gives them some tools that were already made and some explosives and directs them on the safe methods to use these explosives in order to clear out stone without risking danger.

"For your protection I will arm some men and send them to watch over you." He says as he sends a small force equiped with weapons with the miners.

Nur had a plan, he knew he wasn't big stuff, but his Fallen Angels could him unite japan, at least parts of it, there were plenty of downtrodden deities if he remembered right, and if he could make even a sliver of those deities work with him, to better the country of japan, and help each other in a form of pantheon. He gathered his followers once more. "2000 of you shall go on a quest to meet the other deities of this island, and asking them to meet me here, for a potential meeting of the gods to discuss a possible alliance. After all, It benefits everyone if we can make the gods listen to each other. " He gathered the chosen delegates, and gave them general directions to different parts of Japan, they'd seek deities on their path, and try to find people they could talk to, he tried to have each one go a different path, so that they could cover more ground, and through that talk to more deities.

While His messengers did that, he instructed his people to set up a large hall, one for celebrations, and meetings. It should be able to hold everyone in his town, and he'd want it done quickly, while he had other focus on food production to allow for banquets in the future.

Overlord775 said:
And so and so, with the strenght of bone, death and courage, the entirity of Italy was quickly put under my control.

Also, there were quite a few casuality on each sides, I think, but resurrecting the dead is my thing, so I just do that and Bring back the skeletons and the fallen enemies as weird re-inanimated corpse things, don't really know how to call them, they are like zombie, but not brain hungry and decomposing., guess I'll call them Ghouls.

Once the 5 Royal Hassans returned, I made celebrations in their name, after which I told them their next goal.

Conquer more stuff.

Namelely, France, Spain and Portugal, since they kinda lacks any kind of notable diety.

And thus, a new invasion starts, now with 1/3 of the skeletons having death bows instead of death swords since range is important.

I am really feeling it now Mister Ainz Ooal Gown.

I think jokingly, as I oversee the construction of my giant catacomb temple, created by skeletons and humans for me, also having created training schools to train new generals for my army.

Also, agricolture is doing good since bone meal and such, while archetecture and metalurgy are going fine too since I resurrected people from the past that were good at it in life and made them teach around their arts.

One last thing, people of the territories i conquered are indoctrinated to worship me by skelatal priests, which is rather easy since I am the only God in Italy and are helpufull to people.
((I"m sorry, you need to fight the gods of Italy, if you want to conquer everything. You can't just one up everything with a huge army.))

Now that my village has reached an optimal state I can begin to expand my territory.

I call my heralds and send them to explore all of England by sending every one of them to every cardinal point.

Their mission is simple, challenge the village leaders and take the villages under my aegis.

Faruel1998 said:
Now that my village has reached an optimal state I can begin to expand my territory.

I call my heralds and send them to explode all of England by sending every one of them to every cardinal point.

Their mission is simple, challenge the village leaders and take the villages under my aegis.
((You do mean explore right?))

As more and more metals are uncovered and collected and the Blacksmithing trade starts to take off Nakiri prepares multiple boats for exploration and expansion to find more land and valuables.

Nakiri then sends some deplomats out to some of the other cities to talk of trade.

I stand up and look around. I'm within a crater, outside that is a group of people, and beyond them is a small town. We are situated atop of mountain of 1200m in height, and at the foot of the mountain, a couple ten kilometers away is a river. Closer to the river, I can see more buildings, farms cover most of the land, with primitive approximations of docks upon the river.

"Tell me, is this what you call a city?" I question. I then raise my hand, and walls rise up, with a pathway atop and periodic towers. The houses shift over and are rebuilt in brick. Roads form throughout organizing the city upon a grid, and steel gates form that can be closed to block paths and create chokepoints in the case of an invasion.

"Come, you have much to learn." I say, as I walk to the center of the city. I separate the people, and choose among them those who seem the most intelligent and wise of all ages, and begin imparting knowledge upon them. Modern mathematics, physics, architecture, defensive design, and chemistry. Knowledge of how to produce materials such as cement, concrete, tar, asphalt, and brick. How to properly design buildings to withstand impacts, environmental wear, and heavy loads.

Knowledge is power, so they will be the ones who rule. Not kings, nobles, or chiefs, but scholars.

Spider Kaiju said:
((I"m sorry, you need to fight the gods of Italy, if you want to conquer everything. You can't just one up everything with a huge army.))
[TBH, i don't think there were any other gods in Italy]

[I fear this does not count considering we are in the stone age ... at most overlord will be able to face the gods of that era]

[Most of those are just Greek Gods with a different name tho]

Also from how Spider talked, I didn't think anything other than famous gods would have had even an impact on the RP

[Anyway if there's gods, make them react to the giant skeletal army Spider]

[TBH, i don't think there were any other gods in Italy]

Orcus A strange, monstrous giant shows up at the city . . . He courteously avoids any contact with the city's worshipers. Seeing Necron, he materializes right in front of Necron's throne. "I demand that you cease your attacks, NOW! Foreign god."

[Even my heralds are doing the same ... I think it is appropriate to do the same with me, I sent eight, one directed at each cardinal point]

The Masuraqi League

Aside from several independent god kingdoms surrounding you @The Divine Phoenix, to the deep west there is "The Masuraqi League", a vast coalition of Native American tribes, including a magocratic city in the middle of their territory. Great Masurak is a city of a large pyramid structure, 30,000 citizens, and nearly the entire citizenship are shamanistic magic users. Also, almost everyone knows how to fight, even the women.

You discovered a handful of razed towns, with several survivors in each. All surviving men have been emasculated and/or blinded, with women missing entire limbs, some of them even missing all four. You even discover an entire city where all inhabitants had been murdered, with severed body parts all over the town. To properly explain the sheer horrors witnessed in that city can't even be spoken of.

Nur Most of your neighboring gods are already in a Pantheon. Unfortunately there's some kind of miscommunication between one of your angels and the other gods that she is murdered. An arrow magically pierces a tree near with a scroll with writing on it.

Nur decides to read the note, and is honestly surprised only one of the angels was murdered. Nur was surprsingly happy that one of his envoys was killed, now he had a reason to go to war with that god, and if he didn't submit, and join the pantheon forcefully, he'd take care of his people, and leave him with nothing. Though the gods that were currently in a pantheon were slightly problematic, but there were gods not inside a pantheon and perhaps he could ally with them, he just needed more information which wasn't provided yet. and was it just one pantheon or multiple he wondered.

Spider Kaiju said:
Orcus A strange, monstrous giant shows up at the city . . . He courteously avoids any contact with the city's worshipers. Seeing Necron, he materializes right in front of Necron's throne. "I demand that you cease your attacks, NOW! Foreign god."
It seems my action didn't go unnoticed

"Why should I ?"

I respond to the giant with a cold and calm tone of voice.

"Savages." Enoch comments as he sits on his throne, gazing through the eyes of his followers.

Enoch's Bringers of Law heal the survivors, they ask the survivors who it is that did this to them and why, while also offering them to join his city, offering prosperity and safety under the light of Enoch.

They bury those who have died, enacting a small scale law on the corpses. "The dead shall rest in peace." The Bringers of Law apply this to the bodies one by one.

Half of the followers stay with the survivors, attempting to aid them in recovering and help them join Enoch's society. Enoch decides to make 10 more Bringers of Law from among those who found the survivors.

The other half, including 6 Bringers of Law, head forward, attempting to make contact and initiate trade with the Masuraqi League, Enoch watches through their eyes, prepared to see hostility.

Several ships are completed, with groups of men sent into the seas to explore and expand onto any nearby islands, each ship receives one Bringer of Law, to oversee them and ensure Enoch can see all that needs to be seen.

More material is excavated by miners, the workers begin work on more complex defenses for the city, such as cannons and walls.

Back