• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small CRT for Natsu Dragneel

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Luffy has that ability by turning off his mind and thanks to that he becomes capable of instinctively deflect attacks. Has Natsu shown to do that too?

The Calaca said:
This is okay, tho Instinctive Reaction gives resistance to Mind Reading in an implicit way since the character isn't thinking at all. It'd be redundant to add both.

Oh okay wasn't sure if it gave mind reading restistance or not so I threw it in there just to be sure.

The page doesn't say so, but it's like an obvious trait of it. Mind reading can't read instinct based moves, after all.

This is fine to add, but it probably need more staff approval before getting added.

The Calaca said:
This is fine to add, but it probably need more staff approval before getting added.

Sounds good, how do I go about asking them about it though? Sorry, this is my first CRT and I'm kind of just unsure about some things.

Rei Rubro said:
But Luffy has that ability by turning off his mind and thanks to that he becomes capable of instinctively deflect attacks. Has Natsu shown to do that too?

Natsu has shown to be able to dodge attacks from mard gear in their first encounter. The attacks were coming from multiple directions at the same time. Mard gear even states that it was an impressive feat given natsu didn't have any prior knowledge of his curse abilities.

Natsu vs Mard gear

Okay I see what you mean by that being an agility feat, I was just considering it because these attacks were also coming from behind Natsu as well.

Also thanks for the advice.

Instinctive reactions seem fine, though it's not resistance to mind reading cause Cobra is clearly reading his mind, and was using that not to long prior to kick Natsu's ass in their fight.

Theglassman12 said:
Instinctive reactions seem fine, though it's not resistance to mind reading cause Cobra is clearly reading his mind, and was using that not to long prior to kick Natsu's ass in their fight.

the reason Cobra could hear Natsu's thoughts after this was because Natsu started thinking again because Cobra mentioned he was a dragon slayer. But like The Calaca said if there aren't any thoughts to read then mind reading is kind of pointless.

Glassman makes some sense. Acno's mind couldn't be heard as stated by Cobra. Natsu's just not thinking at all, so the former gets resistance while the latter gets IR.

Yeah that sounds good to me, does anyone want to add it or should we wait for more staff to agree?

@Zackra that doesn't debunk my point on Natsu not resisting mind reading. If he resisted mind reading Cobra would've just flat out be unable to read his mind.

I wasn't really debunking your point. I was just saying that while Cobra could read Natsu's mind, it's completly pointless due to Natsu not thinking at that specific point in the fight.

I know, I'm just addressing his point on the whole "Cobra being able to mind read Natsu" argument.

I trust Calaca's and Theglassman12's senses of judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back