• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashy Flash did all of those things and his KE rating was discarded. They have to destroy the environment with just the aftershock of their speed to get a KE rating.

https://s5.********.org/data/e7f0b92d8e4df1cce81a472009f9f548/x47.png

would this count? G4's foot did not fully connect with the ground because Genos stopped it, so the aftershock or the force pushing Genos down make that crater.

G4 is 10 meters in size.

I don't see it being valid KE wise. Just super strength.

Yes, that would be usable for KE. Also can you shrink the picture?

Honestly nothing because I highly doubt it would yield a result high enough for a FF upgrade or solid tier.

Was never calced. But as a random guess I'd say it doesn't go above 7-C.

He should at least be Low 7-B, he should be stronger than Fubuki to even go against Tatsumaki for even a few seconds.

I don't agree with that logic myself to begin with, but it wouldn't work either way since Fubuki was only High 7-C at the time

when was it ever implied that fubuki became that much stronger? its not like she trained or gained a power up and murata literally said that evil eye is stronger than fubuki.

She showcased a higher degree of power that she previously hasn't shown and it was agreed upon to split her into two different keys.

murata literally said that evil eye is stronger than fubuki.

Yes, he is stronger than her as she was during the MA raid arc. That doesn't mean he's stronger than her later webcomic incarnation.

DbzDB2 said:
also murata said that tatsumaki can lift all of z city with ease, which is the size of a large country
http://i.imgur.com/YV599Rr.jpg
No.

What you are looking at in the anime map is the area that City Z is in charge of. Not the size of the actual city. Lets not forget that a 200 meteor asteroid was capable of completely leveling the place.

I always thought "city" just refered to the area that's labelled with letters, which included residental areas, forests, mountains and empty space. Residental areas were always just called towns rather than cities from what I can recall. I don't know.

How much do you guys think an Elder Centipede KE calc would yield?

I know I've asked this before but never really got a concrete answer or even an estimate.

If it got good results it would scale 1/2 to both Bang and Bomb since they completely canceled out his momentum with their combined strength. It would scale to Rover's durability since the attack Bang and Bomb use on him is confirmed to be stronger than what they used on EC.

Would scale to Orochi and GS too.

There's letter regions with a lettered capital city. But in the various regions there's smaller towns. Genos mentions that the meteor would destroy towns surrounding City Z and in Genos' long origin story he mentions saving a lot of random backwater towns and villages.

How much do you guys think an Elder Centipede KE calc would yield?

Nothing impressive honestly. You need to preform a speed feat to get KE first. EC is all scaling and I don't remember anything that could get a concrete speed rating.

But Elder Centipede does have speed feats. His main one being he intercepted Genos's beam that was going to hit Phoenix Man, while he was still underground.

And you agreed previously that EC's ability to cause tremors was viable for KE.

His main one being he intercepted Genos's beam that was going to hit Phoenix Man, while he was still underground.

That's not a usable speed rating though. Its based on scaling to a character who scales to another character who scales to another character with a calc. You'd need to find a solo non-scaling speed feat to draw from.

How is that not usable? Why do you shoot down literally everything I say without discussion.

I want someone else's input here.

How is that not usable?

Its calc stacking . For example Flashy Flash's rush against the Ninjas isn't calc stacking. He preformed the same feat they did. Iaian swinging his sword at mach 1000+ wouldn't be calc stacking since its based on a feat he's preformed. However using Iaian's speed feat through Genos to get EC's speed relies on in-direct calc scaling which isn't allowed.

I'm not dismissing your ideas out of maliciousness, I'm saying that they go against our criteria for KE calculations.

I'm pretty sure City Z has been called the Largest city before.

And Fubuki didn't train or anything, she just would have always been that strong, at least during the time we see her.

And the Elder Centipede is a perfectly acceptable speed feat, he would scale to and or above Genos in AP and Speed.

Yeah its a valid speed feat for his ratings. I'm saying it can't be used to get a number for an acceptable KE calc since it relies on scaling through multiple different characters to another person's feat.

I'm pretty sure City Z has been called the Largest city before.

Spring Mustache called it large before, but I don't know anything about it being the largest.

I thought calc stacking would be something like "Melzardgard nearly blitzed Iaian so he's above mach 1000, and Atomic slashed Melzargard 100 times before he could react so Atomic Samurai is Mach (insert inflated result here)."

The Meteor/Asteroid was considered Dragon Level, and was stated by multiple people that it would have destroyed multiple cities.

And Beefcake also wiped out more than just that with his body, he was attacking the place and was, again, Considered Dragon Level, so he can't be used to say Cities aren't country level.

And in your scan, it says "Giant Creatures" not "Creature" so it's likely not Beefcake.

>Mosquito Girl has a 50 kilometer range and mentions the surrounding forests

You do know the Cities can contain forests right...? Like this isn't a debunk at all.

>The House of Evolution is located in the wilderness.

Again, this isn't a debunk, the cities likely contain the forests and wilderness, much like how many Japanese cities contain wildlife parks and forests to preserve their natural heritage, it's something very common in Japan, that they have lots of wildlife.

>Even in the anime there's giant uninhabited regions

The anime is secondary cannon, and again, uninhabited regions would still be apart of the cities, as you can see on the image provided for this argument the cities are border to border with each other, so yes, wildlife areas, Mountains etc. All would be apart of the cities.

>Genos mentions multiple surrounding towns near City-Z

Because the Meteor is a Dragon Level threat?????

>Sonic is training in the woods and there's multiple examples of bonus chapters that take place in various wilderness regions not around City-Z

Okay? What debunk is this? Ooo, wildlife. Again, the cities contain all of these, they don't have to be populated or inhabited to be apart of the category of "City XYZ"

>A 1.5+ kilometer base is comparable to City Z

You obviously didn't read your scan, it doesn't say the Base is 1,500 meters large, just that Psychos is 1500 meters below the surface, and the comparison only includes a few houses from where the Monster Association is being lifted up from, it doesn't show all of City Z, just that, what is shown is City Z.

>Boros's ship completely destroys City A. "How do you know?" you ask, because the manga out right says 99.8% of the city was destroyed from this attack

Okay, and? Tatsumaki casually deflected all the projectiles and sent them back with the wave of her finger, it would mean she casually scales above a 99.8% destroyed City A.

>Tornado and Saitama's fight shows there's plenty of empty space between the cities

Again, and? It just means the City classification contains these empty regions, and you do know this fight takes place within the destroyed City A, outside of the Hero Association's base.

Tetsucabrah said:
I thought calc stacking would be something like "Melzardgard nearly blitzed Iaian so he's above mach 1000, and Atomic slashed Melzargard 100 times before he could react so Atomic Samurai is Mach (insert inflated result here)."
That's another example. But I believe it applies to getting KE. At the very least it was considered calc stacking to use A's scaling speed to get Minato's reaction time, and the calc maker needed to use a databook scan to get A a set minimum speed in order for it to be acceptable. It was rejected later on due to translation issues, but the logic with the calc itself was sound afaik.

If you want to use EC rampaging through a city to get a ballpark number or something I'm 100% okay with that. I'm just against using Iaian's speed calc to get EC's KE.

was stated by multiple people that it would have destroyed multiple cities.

Genos said it would destroy City Z and the surrounding towns in the official Translation. This is also more consistent with its canon size and the KE it would generate from reentry.

And Beefcake also wiped out more than just that with his body

Him falling on a city was enough to classify it as destroyed. Even the most high balled size calc from Beefcake puts him at 10 kilometers at the most. Far below country sized (on this site).

And in your scan, it says "Giant Creatures" not "Creature" so it's likely not Beefcake.

Beefcake destroyed City D and they said City D is still being rebuilt

Again, this isn't a debunk, the cities likely contain the forests and wilderness

Do you have an image of the cities then that prove they contain giant forests? Because it seems more likely based on all of evidence they're just large cities surrounded by the wilderness.

The anime is secondary cannon

Yes it is and people are using said secondary canon to push that they're the size of countries. Do you have a manga scan supporting that they're the size of countries?

Because the Meteor is a Dragon Level threat?????

Genos said it would destroy City Z and the surrounding towns. Indicating that there's more than just cities.

Okay, and?

So the cities aren't country sized?

the destroyed City A, outside of the Hero Association's base.

So then you agree that there's large gaps between the cities with no buildings in them. Which was my point.

I'm totally fine with upgrading her lifting strength. I said so earlier in this thread even. I just clarified that we should wait for the manga version of the base lift since that will give us a much better usable image to scale from.

I'm against giving her country class lifting strength based on the idea that City Z is the size of a medium-large nation based on a anime scene with zero supporting evidence.

@Tetsucabrah I could be wrong though about KE standards. Ask some calc members about it. If it is usable I'll help out with making the thing.

Can we? If we can then we could totally use that as his speed, but I don't know of a way to get a speed rating for it.

>Genos said it would destroy City Z and the surrounding towns in the official Translation. This is also more consistent with its canon size and the KE it would generate from reentry.

Okay, well I've checked the Original Japanese version, which will be absolute in how cannon it is, beyond the English version and it doesn't say that, the first speech bubble says:

"ZÕ©éµÂêµ╗àÒü®ÒüôÒéìÒüÿÒéâÒü¬Òüä…"

Which means: "Z-City will be destroyed (Extremely) and then be Non-existent"

The second one is harder to translate (|ÒüòÒüÖÒüîÒü½õ╗èÕø×Òü»ÒÇîþöƒÕ¡ÿÒéÆÞ½ªÒéüÒüªÒüäÒéïÞÇàÒééÕñÜÒüäÒü¬), but it seems to mean "As expected, "there are many people giving up their survival"".

Its not talking about Towns City Z and Towns being destroyed.

https://i.imgur.com/i8ArSzt.jpg

>Him falling on a city was enough to classify it as destroyed. Even the most high balled size calc from Beefcake puts him at 10 kilometers at the most. Far below country sized (on this site).

No, it wasn't, Beefcake was destroying the cities, we even see him wipe his hand and destroy a large chuck of the City on panel, then Saitama goes and kills him shortly after.

It wasn't just him falling on the City that destroyed it.

>Beefcake destroyed City D and they said City D is still being rebuilt

Okay, and? He's a Dragon Level threat, he destroyed multiple cities, that's the requirement for being Dragon Level, you saying "A Dragon Level threat destroyed cities" is like saying "A Planet Buster destroyed a Planet", and I doubt Beefcake also fell over on City D?

> Do you have an image of the cities then that prove they contain giant forests? Because it seems more likely based on all of evidence they're just large cities surrounded by the wilderness.

Yes, the first one provided about Tatsumaki lifting Z-City, as Secondary cannon, it is cannon until proven otherwise, and in that scan, it shows that the cities are border to border with each other with no gaps, so yes, Cities contains the woods, Mountains, etc.

>Do you have a manga scan supporting that they're the size of countries?

https://i.imgur.com/YU8ZDqn.jpg

This image from the cover of the OPM manga shows us in detail the world, and we can see City Z (as a general area) and clearly see how big the supercontinent is in comparison to each of the areas.

Additionally, in Episode 7 of OPM, we can see how big the Moons are in OPM, and the Moons are actually smaller than the Cities, but are comparable to the Earth, so yes, We can see for ourselves they're country sized.

>Genos said it would destroy City Z and the surrounding towns. Indicating that there's more than just cities.

I already debunked this by showing the Original Japanese version where it doesn't state anything about Towns, only City-Z.

>So the cities aren't country sized?

Evidently, they are, it just means Boros' ship is the size of a Country.

>So then you agree that there's large gaps between the cities with no buildings in them. Which was my point.

You literally ignored my point about it taking place in the destroyed parts of City A, meaning it takes place in City A. So, no, I don't agree there's large gaps between the cities, because there's nothing to prove this besides your misinterpretation of the fight with Tatsumaki and Saitama.

>I'm totally fine with upgrading her lifting strength.

Her lifting strength would apply to her AP, as it's based on how much she can move with her ESP, so it would scale.

>I'm against giving her country class lifting strength based on the idea that City Z is the size of a medium-large nation based on a anime scene with zero supporting evidence

There's is evidence and nothing to the contrary, as shown above.

The 'cities' themselves are most likely modeled after Japan's prefecture system, many of which use the 'same' name for both ("Kyoto" is often used to refer to the city and prefecture interchangeably. Kyoto prefecture is written as õ║¼Úâ¢Õ║£, which is Kyoto-fu, and the city is õ║¼Úâ¢Õ©é or Kyoto-shi, and you can see rather clearly that the "õ║¼Úâ¢" which just means Kyoto, is contained in both, and would be an acceptable way of referring to either in common speak. For an English example, this is similar to the way we refer to New York City and New York State as "New York" in general speak; we usually only make the distinction if there is confusion about which entity we are speaking about.)

Prefectures in Japan are centered around a capital city, often with the same name, but often include many more metropolitan centers, as well as the innumerable surrounding towns, villages, and wilderness areas, as all of Japan is organized into that system. The only real difference in OPM is that the prefectures are clearly much larger and there are fewer of them (based around letters of the modern English alphabet, which goes hand in hand with ONE's generally carelessly humorous names for locations. For more examples, look at his other popular series, Mob Psycho 100, and you'll find names such as "Salt Middle School" and "Seasoning City.")

But anyway, intentionally bad worldbuilding aside, a Dragon level monster being a threat to multiple cities, regardless of the scale, does not necessarily mean they are capable of singlehandedly busting a whole of a city, but merely that they pose a threat to those areas. A tornado can theoretically destroy an entire city; a powerful one can travel for many miles and will destroy practically any construction in its path, and as a consequence, when the danger of one presents itself, we issue warnings proportionate to its potential. This does not mean a tornado is going to wipe out all of a city at one time, but simply that it is enough of a danger that people even a good distance away should keep alert and get to safety.

And Murata saying that Tatsumaki can lift the whole of Z-City, which is already pretty vague, isn't helpful. The only point reference we have is not like anything she has shown, and given how little focus both of them tend to give to worldbuilding, I'm not sure it can be trusted for anything. And there's also the fact that we have express confirmation that Tatsumaki is not strong enough to pull a meteor in from space, and not strong enough to pull down Boros' ship, which is nowhere near country sized.

Evidently, they are, it just means Boros' ship is the size of a Country.
While we are never given a figure for its size, we can see exactly how large the ship is compared to just part of A-City and the buildings there. It's nowhere near as large as a country and it can't be seen when Saitama is in space.

And by the way, the "multiple moons" thing only comes from the anime, and only a few throwaway shots at that. The manga and webcomic have never shown, suggested, or mentioned there being any more than a single moon.

I won't reply to the rest of the comment because it's basically articulating very well what I was saying, I'll just go over what I disagree with.

>While we are never given a figure for its size, we can see exactly how large the ship is compared to just part of A-City

Well, not really a part, it's the entire thing, leaving out 0.2% of City A, which contains the Hero Association in it.

So it was definitely the same size.

>and the buildings there.

We never see Its wide Angle compared to anything like a building, we do see it from the side, but it's far wider than it is tall.

>It's nowhere near as large as a country and it can't be seen when Saitama is in space.

I checked this chapter earlier, we don't see any explicit details about the World at all while Saitama is in space;

Howvever, we do see a large black thing on one of the scenes with Earth in picture, which could be the Ship, as it never appears in any other image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back